HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
June 7, 2013 @ 04:03 AM
tuesdaygirlfriend

lol thats the story...idk what you want me to say lol i meant to post the pics up with the shirt. I had to edit the post cuz my dumb ass didnt post the pictures along with the story. Here...

fucking with it heavy

EDIT: i did a write up on it. not much, but i really like the tee. planning to buy it too
http://noisev.tumblr.com/post/52356954488/she-called-me-fantastic-i-called-her-a-fat.
June 7, 2013 @ 04:19 AM
kidkorea

Thanks man! Appreciate the encouragement. Wait until you see our video for the capsule collection! We should be releasing it early next week

For now it's pretty much just my brother and me working on everything. As we grow there might be some openings later down the line...haha
Endless amounts of respect for what you guys do
Thanks man. To be honest, being on the HB forums and interacting with members for so long has been where I learned the most, so big ups to everyone here! 

QUOTE Originally posted by Mufid!
Does anybody know how to get a post/editorial on the Hypebeast fontpage? Anybody have a contact?

Just try emailing them and asking...you never know. In 2011 I sent a very small collection to the Hypebeast email and Kevin Ma responded and posted the collection right away on the front page which was pretty cool. 

Also:
Wax sealing day 1 orders! Big thank you to all the supporters so far. Wait until you see our video!

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

June 7, 2013 @ 05:36 AM
Trials & Triumph

lol thats the story...idk what you want me to say lol i meant to post the pics up with the shirt. I had to edit the post cuz my dumb ass didnt post the pictures along with the story. Here...

fucking with it heavy

EDIT: i did a write up on it. not much, but i really like the tee. planning to buy it too
http://noisev.tumblr.com/post/52356954488/she-called-me-fantastic-i-called-her-a-fat.
thanks man

http://www.trialsandtriumph.com | Several different stories|

June 7, 2013 @ 03:26 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

I was running a line called Villains Lair New York that some of you may remember from the older forums. 
I've been working on Whitegold for the past few years and launched it this past April on 4/20 with a launch event at Extra Butter. 
Whitegold Tarantula | Collection I 
Modeled by JD ERA. Shot by Jude Star in Toronto. 
www.WhitegoldTarantula.com
www.instagram.com/whitegoldtarantula 
www.whitegold.bigcartel.com

Heres a preview of our 5-panel, Embossed, Ostrich-patch Jockey cap

Heres a collab we did with Extra Butter (www.ExtraButterNY) for our 4/20 launch. 

While looking through your post I started off thinking it was alright. But then I saw that Polo redesign with the reaper and I thought that it was really tight! Your other items are good to, but I think if you devote enough time you can come up with some really cool products!
Polo Design has been done multiple times before
Looked it up after seeing White Gold's post, holy shit has everybody already done every idea in the book:

hot water

June 7, 2013 @ 04:10 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

My brand is called Trials & Triumph and we have this shirt that we drew a while back while we were in college. The story of the shirt is she's pretty and has huge boobs on the front and on the back she's crusty as hell and she shaved all of her hair off. This shirt comes out June 10th at 7PM PST in our webstore. Only 12 were made.

I would've copped one of these for the hell of it, but fuck paying $42 for it.

hot water

June 7, 2013 @ 06:58 PM
Trials & Triumph

My brand is called Trials & Triumph and we have this shirt that we drew a while back while we were in college. The story of the shirt is she's pretty and has huge boobs on the front and on the back she's crusty as hell and she shaved all of her hair off. This shirt comes out June 10th at 7PM PST in our webstore. Only 12 were made.

Well thats you're opinion thats cool. I know for damn sure I'm not selling my shit for $15 bucks anymore, fuc dat. But if you dont have $42 bucks for a limited quantity t-shirt then you just wont have it. And thats fine by me, thats not bout to mess up my day.

June 7, 2013 @ 07:20 PM
DannyHH

Well thats you're opinion thats cool. I know for damn sure I'm not selling my shit for $15 bucks anymore, fuc dat. But if you dont have $42 bucks for a limited quantity t-shirt then you just wont have it. And thats fine by me, thats not bout to mess up my day.
15 to 42 thats a big jump lol
June 7, 2013 @ 07:32 PM
Trials & Triumph

15 to 42 thats a big jump lol
Well I thought it over while I was holding signs for a mattress firm

June 7, 2013 @ 07:44 PM
thepreciselife

Point is, dude can sell his shirts for w.e price he wants.
Wether people buy em or not, is up to the people interested in the tee.

Personally looks like a minimum amount of work went into the shirt
and it isnt worth $42 but hey thats just my opinion.

ThePreciseLife.com

June 7, 2013 @ 08:12 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

It's all cool bruh, and feel free to charge whatever you want on your shit. After all, it is your's. I'm just suggesting that, as a consumer, for $42 I wouldn't buy a t-shirt, regardless of brand or design(unless resale was insanely high and I could make at least $30 on it or something similar).

hot water

June 7, 2013 @ 11:10 PM
Trials & Triumph

Point is, dude can sell his shirts for w.e price he wants.
Wether people buy em or not, is up to the people interested in the tee.

Personally looks like a minimum amount of work went into the shirt
and it isnt worth $42 but hey thats just my opinion.
thats you're opinion its cool. I respect everybody's opinion. I'm not putting a gun to anybody's head and asking anybody to buy it. We just put out pieces that we would want to wear ourselves. Yes it minimalistic but less is more in my opinion. We could have easily blew up the girl on the front with her boobs jiggling everywhere but what would that have made us....just like everyone else

June 7, 2013 @ 11:22 PM
Trials & Triumph

It's all cool bruh, and feel free to charge whatever you want on your shit. After all, it is your's. I'm just suggesting that, as a consumer, for $42 I wouldn't buy a t-shirt, regardless of brand or design(unless resale was insanely high and I could make at least $30 on it or something similar).
ok bruh i see we're getting into a little argument here lol..well look at it like this. We put alot of passion into this, and when I say drawing shit with a ruler and a sharpie is how we come up with our "shit" I promise you I'm not exaggerating nor am I braggin about it. But you're paying for the quality of the tee which is pretty good imo, and you're paying for experience we had to go through to provide you with the piece, also the fact that we ummm drew the shit which is totally a lost art form in the crazy crazy streetwear game. That being said if you dont wanna buy it that is totally fine by me

June 7, 2013 @ 11:48 PM
notoriginal

ok bruh i see we're getting into a little argument here lol..well look at it like this. We put alot of passion into this, and when I say drawing shit with a ruler and a sharpie is how we come up with our "shit" I promise you I'm not exaggerating nor am I braggin about it. But you're paying for the quality of the tee which is pretty good imo, and you're paying for experience we had to go through to provide you with the piece, also the fact that we ummm drew the shit which is totally a lost art form in the crazy crazy streetwear game. That being said if you dont wanna buy it that is totally fine by me
What kind of tee is it? Is it cut and sew? What makes it so valuable? Oh you drew the design? Oh splendid, so that makes the shirt worth a lot more? So you put your all into that simple design? Dammmmmn. You act like you're the only person in the game drawing their own shit.
I wouldn't drop $42 on a shirt like that not even 30. Lets be real here.
June 8, 2013 @ 12:58 AM
thepreciselife

But you're paying for the quality of the tee which is pretty good imo.

"pretty good" lol

ThePreciseLife.com

June 8, 2013 @ 01:16 AM
Trials & Triumph

What kind of tee is it? Is it cut and sew? What makes it so valuable? Oh you drew the design? Oh splendid, so that makes the shirt worth a lot more? So you put your all into that simple design? Dammmmmn. You act like you're the only person in the game drawing their own shit.
well I feel like we're getting crucified here for just the price of the tee alone, if you dont want to buy it, its ok you dont have to. Alot of other brands hire other designers to do their shit. There are people that draw shit for some of the top independent brands out there today. Some of your favorites most likely, WE draw all of our own shit and we have more to come not just this one design, people like the shirt but they dont like the price. We get it, but we're moving forward with our brand and thats really all I can say. We're really passionate about this and even if its a minimalistic tee its better than alot of stuff thats out here today. Look its quality over quantity and we're moving forward to putting out pieces with concepts and a story to them instead of just oh here's our shit check our webstore, so the pieces will cost a little more than $15 bucks. But as far as you, you dont have to buy the tee its perfectly fine

June 8, 2013 @ 01:46 AM
Brave

well I feel like we're getting crucified here for just the price of the tee alone, if you dont want to buy it, its ok you dont have to. Alot of other brands hire other designers to do their shit. There are people that draw shit for some of the top independent brands out there today. Some of your favorites most likely, WE draw all of our own shit and we have more to come not just this one design, people like the shirt but they dont like the price. We get it, but we're moving forward with our brand and thats really all I can say. We're really passionate about this and even if its a minimalistic tee its better than alot of stuff thats out here today. Look its quality over quantity and we're moving forward to putting out pieces with concepts and a story to them instead of just oh here's our shit check our webstore, so the pieces will cost a little more than $15 bucks. But as far as you, you dont have to buy the tee its perfectly fine

Ok think about like this your still very relatively new brand and your price has skyrocketed to $42 most big brands don't get to the price point until a few big seasons under there belt.  Maybe if the tshirt itself was cut and sew then yeah I could see that, but  I get what your saying I used to hand draw all of my own art when  I had my brand but I never upped by price to 42, I knew I had to get to that point, it just made better business sense that once you have your set of loyal customers and supporters and you have a few solid seasons then maybe yea charge 42 for a specific tee, now you may drive away customers, not because they don't want to buy or support, for some it could be they cant justify spending 42 for ONE tshirt from very new brand,  but for others its why spend 42 on one tee when they can go to another brand and pay that same amount for more than 1. What is wrong with charging 20.00 or 25.00??? that is pretty standard, and you will probably sell more that way and you can add to possibly making a profit by restocking if it does well...
June 8, 2013 @ 02:07 AM
shillco

@fosace charge what makes sense to you. If it's not worth your time to sell tees for $20 to $25 then don't. Especially if people are paying $42.

www.shillingfordco.com

June 8, 2013 @ 04:50 AM
wcfrontrvnners

All of your criticism is only bringing more publicity to his work lol, I envy you @fosace

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

June 8, 2013 @ 05:34 AM
Trials & Triumph

All of your criticism is only bringing more publicity to his work lol, I envy you @fosace
sigh....................................thank you

June 8, 2013 @ 05:49 AM
notoriginal

LOL I didn't know criticizing prices on a tee gives you more publicity?
June 8, 2013 @ 06:12 AM
Trials & Triumph

Ok think about like this your still very relatively new brand and your price has skyrocketed to $42 most big brands don't get to the price point until a few big seasons under there belt.  Maybe if the tshirt itself was cut and sew then yeah I could see that, but  I get what your saying I used to hand draw all of my own art when  I had my brand but I never upped by price to 42, I knew I had to get to that point, it just made better business sense that once you have your set of loyal customers and supporters and you have a few solid seasons then maybe yea charge 42 for a specific tee, now you may drive away customers, not because they don't want to buy or support, for some it could be they cant justify spending 42 for ONE tshirt from very new brand,  but for others its why spend 42 on one tee when they can go to another brand and pay that same amount for more than 1. What is wrong with charging 20.00 or 25.00??? that is pretty standard, and you will probably sell more that way and you can add to possibly making a profit by restocking if it does well...
Well we're moving in a new direction. How can I explain this...Derrick Rose for example came in with other great ballplayers in his draft class. But he still stood out amongst one of the best draft classes lately. He stood out amongst Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, Russell Westbrook, etc. not trying to go off on a tangent I said that to say why put your standards low and grow at a slow pace, why not just put your all into what you love to do and stand out amogst the crowd. There are going to be some people that like you and some people that dislike you. You cant control that all you can be is yourself. Derrick Rose won Rookie of the Year his first year because his standards werent low, he knew that he could be the best so he went for it. Long story short we feel like we can be the best so of course we wouldnt put our price down there with the other brands who are satisfied with getting a check and just coasting thru the season. No no no no we wanna compete with the best so we dont care if people run away from our brand, so be it. We know that the people that appreciate the lost art of clothing pieces instead of just oh here's a tee with our name on it for $25 bucks, they'll be the ones that take their place. So if people might not figure out the price jump now then hopefully they will in the future. We're moving in a new direction because we have high standards just like the best always do......wow another hypebeast rant..this is...this is alot.

June 8, 2013 @ 06:14 AM
Trials & Triumph

@fosace charge what makes sense to you. If it's not worth your time to sell tees for $20 to $25 then don't. Especially if people are paying $42.
thanks man

June 8, 2013 @ 06:16 AM
Trials & Triumph

You hate me.

June 8, 2013 @ 06:39 AM
wcfrontrvnners

Well looking through these previous pages his shirt almost has more post than your whole HB account.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

June 8, 2013 @ 01:28 PM
karakter1

i still dont get why some of you guys think a cut & sew t-shirt is more special.

all tees are cut and sewn.....no big deal! wether you allow alstyle, gildan..whoever...to cut and sew it based on the company specs and manufacturing....or you decide to try to come up with your own fit and pattern, its still only a regular, normal fitting tee.

...but this is hypebeast...so you have been lead to believe "cut & sew" means premium or better quality some how. 
June 8, 2013 @ 01:36 PM
karakter1

about pricing....

it really has nothing to do with how new your brand is. 
some of you have some strange notion that if you are new, you need to charge $15 bucks for your tee...and as you grow, you can charge more.......where do you guys get this shit from?

each brand/biz has to take many factors into consideration before coming up with the proper price point for you. If one start up decide to sell for $10......go ahead, if another decides its best to come out the gate for $50...cool. Do what you feel is right for YOUR BRAND. 
June 8, 2013 @ 04:04 PM
axcie

If I may put my input into this. The only thing that is remarkable is that you put $15 for your first shirts so like your previous customers and the fan base you made with your previous clothes would think it would be around that $15-$25 range for the next drop. Then you up the price to over than 200% increase which is really a lot for such a simple tee. We understand that you worked hard but to be honest no one wears a shirt because the designer worked hard. I don't see whats the problem with going with $20, we could make at least $800 (profit) if you sold only 50 of these. And since the design is so small, you could put more like 20 designs on one transfer (which cost 2.20 if you order 15). You'd probably make more money selling the shirts at $25 than putting it at $42.

OWNER // AXCIE // AXCIEFACTORY.COM

June 8, 2013 @ 04:10 PM
sacrilegeclothingco

about pricing....

it really has nothing to do with how new your brand is. 
some of you have some strange notion that if you are new, you need to charge $15 bucks for your tee...and as you grow, you can charge more.......where do you guys get this shit from?

each brand/biz has to take many factors into consideration before coming up with the proper price point for you. If one start up decide to sell for $10......go ahead, if another decides its best to come out the gate for $50...cool. Do what you feel is right for YOUR BRAND. 
THIS.

And as for fosface's shirt, I think it's ludicrous that he's charging $42 for that shirt (again, he can charge whatever he wants, but just because you can doesn't mean you should). I honestly don't get why anyone would buy it, but that's just me. It's a crappy drawing of a fat chick...what's the appeal? You guys are blowing a load because you think it's "minimalist" or "different" when it really isn't. It's just lazy and rough on the eyes. I seriously thought that shirt was a joke when I first saw it. And I'm not even hating on the dude, if you're stuff is selling than more power to you, but I just personally would never buy something like that. 

First line dropping Summer 2013. For inquiries email sacrilegeclothingco@gmail.com

June 8, 2013 @ 04:22 PM
sacrilegeclothingco

#YEEZUS

now available at axciefactory 
I doubt you'll catch a C&D unless these somehow sell a lot, but is releasing bootleg merch under your brand's name really such a good idea? If you want to sell some Yeezus shit, that's fine, but just keep it on the low, don't slap your brand's name on it or sell it through your brand's site.
Chance of of catching a C&D from this wouldn't even hold up. Its writing on a sticker which I know for a fact cannot hold up in court. Plus its doing more promotion than he's been doing for this album (sarcasm). I got this in a kanye talk forum and we got more than 120 sales. It just a hype, guerrilla marketing technique anything to get your name out. If kanye wants to go ahead and sue me, must be cause his album didn't debut good, but in that case least i can meet yeezy haha. Not a bad tactic just pure marketing. Even though anyone can do it, it matters what gets more marketing, main thing. Free Marketing for Mr. Yeezy himself.
Dude, it's not just writing on a sticker...it's his album cover's art. It doesn't matter how minimalist it is, it's still his album cover's art which was designed by DONDA. All I've seen from your brand is shitty designs and photo shopping your designs on celebrities...and now this. Why are you even in this business if you're not going to put any effort in to it? And I think that "Mr. Yeezy" would be insulted if he saw his album cover's art on one of your shirts haha straight up especially if he saw that picture of him you photo shopped with your design on. Get outta here with this weak shit man . You're not gonna get any respect for your brand by doing stuff like this. Just my opinion though. 

First line dropping Summer 2013. For inquiries email sacrilegeclothingco@gmail.com

June 8, 2013 @ 06:04 PM
boulder

lookbook and preview for a brand my friends and i are considering starting called boulder:
http://boulderclothing.tumblr.com/
we made one of each piece; all photography and art used on the pieces is original. we're on the fence about whether or not we should actually produce the line. any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

http://threepeak.tumblr.com/

Please login first to reply.