Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
March 17, 2012 @ 11:53 PM
justbaf

By justdede at 2012-03-17

im starting a brand caled, Creative Mind's Division, thats is the first t-shirt that i have in mind, what you think about the logo?
March 17, 2012 @ 11:58 PM
ryder

testing

edmflavor.com

March 18, 2012 @ 12:05 AM
justbaf

The logo
March 18, 2012 @ 01:45 AM
ryder

The logo

Dont like the est mmxxi stuff. It doesnt fit. If you're dead set on it being there at least change the font

edmflavor.com

March 18, 2012 @ 02:29 AM
chads

Anyone in here cop CYC blanks and use them for your hoodies? Curious as to how much it would cost to cop 100 blanks of 250 in two different colors, etc. TIA

I'm assuming a brand ID/tax ID # would be required.

I would be interested in it but I can't find much info on them other than forum posts. Have you found a website or dealer of em?

The site has nothing but an address and a phone #. Someone that has a brand ID could call them and get some rough pricing estimates? We could all go in on a shipment or something.

http://www.cycdesigncorp.com/

Alright. I wonder what its like at their actual headquarter and if you snoop around or something like that. I know they hold an annual sample sale but that is obviously only in Vancouver.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 18, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
chads

Anyone in here cop CYC blanks and use them for your hoodies? Curious as to how much it would cost to cop 100 blanks of 250 in two different colors, etc. TIA

I would be interested in it but I can't find much info on them other than forum posts. Have you found a website or dealer of em?

They would def not be cheaper even if you bought them wholesale but they are stunning quality. They make garments for Supreme, Wings + Horns, Alife etc. Honestly for a non established, up-and-coming brand it would be a huge investment and the money you would have to charge to make a profit would sway your potential customers away.
The site has nothing but an address and a phone #. Someone that has a brand ID could call them and get some rough pricing estimates? We could all go in on a shipment or something.

http://www.cycdesigncorp.com/

keep a update on that. I just ordered Hanes P1607 crewnecks and Gildan.
I'm pretty happy with how they feel and they were $7 for the 80/20 and $4.60 for 50/50
but if something out there is cheaper with better quality I'm down.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 18, 2012 @ 02:33 AM
chads

Unless its from your mom, she has no taste.

This

I've been trying to find a hat manufacturer, but no luck on finding a decent one, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Google.
And this too.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 18, 2012 @ 06:42 AM
sjohnnnn

Check out my clothing brand Bigandmighty go to downloads and get yourself some desktop and iphone wallpapers. Kinda of on a hold right now, check out the site tho and tell me what you think!
Thanks for the support!

سبحان

March 18, 2012 @ 07:02 AM
ryder

Check out my clothing brand Bigandmighty go to downloads and get yourself some desktop and iphone wallpapers. Kinda of on a hold right now, check out the site tho and tell me what you think!
Thanks for the support!
http://bigandmighty.yolasite.com/resources/Bam-Cola-1280.jpg

Looks like ONLY/Supreme cliche junk. Your website should have a different layout. i spent too much time trying to figur out how to buy your clothes or even look at them. And get some real pics of the shirts.

And this http://bigandmighty.yolasite.com/soupcream.php is straight up garbage. Theres nothing to it, it loks bad, sounds bad, and is a crappy rip. Try coming up with more original stuff man. Make 10 designs that your happy with and then throw them out and make 10 more. Those 10 will be decent designs.

EDIT: your main logo would look hella betta if you fixed the bottom left of the B and bottom right of the M

edmflavor.com

March 18, 2012 @ 07:17 AM
DannyHH

Damn the way ^Ryder critiques people on here sounds like his shit should be flawless
March 18, 2012 @ 08:11 AM
ryder

Damn the way ^Ryder critiques people on here sounds like his shit should be flawless

Im usually pretty nice with critiques. No one likes to hear that they stuff isnt good, i hate it, so does everyone else haha. I just feel that if i was in someones shoes i would want a full out honest opinion. I feel like i know a decent amount about the industry and try and provide helpful feedback. If i dont like something ill always(unless i forget) try and state why i dont like it.

i hate supreme box rip offs tho, thus why i wasnt the nicest above. i find its a scapegoat for trying to have a "trendy" design.

Open ended critiques, like "shitty design" or "this is garbage" does nothing for the OP. if you state why you think something is bad then its much more helpful. I just state my opinion on things i guess and hope i can help them in the long run.

Funny how you say my stuff should be flawless. I posted something over in another thread about being careful when dealing with factories and overseas stuff, turns out my whole new line thats suppose to arrive this week might not be coming.. So im in the process of organizing my new line now.

If anyone doesnt like the way i critque stuff just let me know, im a pretty open guy and im just trying to help others out

if anyone wants to email me feel free to PM me

Im by no means a professional in the industry nor have i "made it". I'm simply using the knowledge ive gained to try and help others lol

edmflavor.com

March 18, 2012 @ 08:20 AM
justinsos

You're a moron.. If you don't appreciate feedback get out. It's the number one thing to improve your brand. If everyone is giving everyone feedback we can all grow together. I'd rather get told I make shit and improve and seriously think what I'm doing then not get critiqued cause people are "to hateful" and continue making shit..

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

March 18, 2012 @ 03:43 PM
chads

Thanks for the support!

I'm sorry but your brand seems like total crap to me. You seem to stand for nothing except a powerful name and making money. Even in your about section you state you are unique and different and every design is original, except all I see from your crappy templates are rip offs of something else (sup box logo, use today) which is not original at all and takes the least amount of skill or creativity to recreate. All I see is this dumb athletic font that everyone is using today and the same abbreviation of your name to sound cool with just consonants. I seriously think your designs are trash and the complete opposite of original. There is nothing to it. (I'm sorry if I'm being harsh but people like you who make shit designs off of someone else's hard work and call themselves a brand just pisses me of.)

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 18, 2012 @ 04:51 PM
sjohnnnn

Im usually pretty nice with critiques. No one likes to hear that they stuff isnt good, i hate it, so does everyone else haha. I just feel that if i was in someones shoes i would want a full out honest opinion. I feel like i know a decent amount about the industry and try and provide helpful feedback. If i dont like something ill always(unless i forget) try and state why i dont like it.

i hate supreme box rip offs tho, thus why i wasnt the nicest above. i find its a scapegoat for trying to have a "trendy" design.

Open ended critiques, like "shitty design" or "this is garbage" does nothing for the OP. if you state why you think something is bad then its much more helpful. I just state my opinion on things i guess and hope i can help them in the long run.

Funny how you say my stuff should be flawless. I posted something over in another thread about being careful when dealing with factories and overseas stuff, turns out my whole new line thats suppose to arrive this week might not be coming.. So im in the process of organizing my new line now.

If anyone doesnt like the way i critque stuff just let me know, im a pretty open guy and im just trying to help others out smile

if anyone wants to email me feel free, brendan@edmflavor.com

Im by no means a professional in the industry nor have i "made it". I'm simply using the knowledge ive gained to try and help others lol

Alright i understand what you guys are trying to say but I wasnt trying to make my brand some supreme box rip off shit. That was one design and as i said before were on a hold haven't printed for awhile and just wanted some opinion's and i haven't edited my site in a while also. When i made that The box logo (bottom of every page) it was mostly for a sticker design and it just stuck on. And that soupcream shirt it was just an idea i thought of it and made it and it was way back before the supreme trend got popular (not trying to say i started the box logo before supreme)
I Got more design that are not on the site because i dont want to put every single design out there and when it come to when i actually printed it there no surprise its not a new design anymore. chadacadabra yeah i get what your saying about the about me section i saw it in my design too those were old tee design were trying to re start our brand. Like im not trying to just make rip off design and make money of it to me this brand is alot l really want to pursue it in the future. My ideas come from things i come across and try to incorporate my line to a design and change it up not copy it. I appreciated your guys comments tho, really wanted to get some honest feedback.

سبحان

March 18, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
HWYS - Joey

Sjohnnn - your site looks plain and your grammar is horrible, i.e;
"This a clothing brand that was originated in California that was started with just and i idea turned into a dream. Bigandmighty was started in 2009 our goal is just to be simple and clean."                                                                                               

That should read like this;
"Big And Mighty is a clothing brand originated in California. From a dream, to an idea, to fruition in 2009 - Big And Mighty has always been about clean lines and simple designs."

Or something to that extend... You can use it if you want, no fees.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 18, 2012 @ 08:12 PM
Beas

If anyone doesnt like the way i critque stuff just let me know, im a pretty open guy and im just trying to help others out smile

if anyone wants to email me feel free, brendan@edmflavor.com

Alright i understand what you guys are trying to say but I wasnt trying to make my brand some supreme box rip off shit. That was one design and as i said before were on a hold haven't printed for awhile and just wanted some opinion's and i haven't edited my site in a while also. When i made that The box logo (bottom of every page) it was mostly for a sticker design and it just stuck on. And that soupcream shirt it was just an idea i thought of it and made it and it was way back before the supreme trend got popular (not trying to say i started the box logo before supreme)
I Got more design that are not on the site because i dont want to put every single design out there and when it come to when i actually printed it there no surprise its not a new design anymore. chadacadabra yeah i get what your saying about the about me section i saw it in my design too those were old tee design were trying to re start our brand. Like im not trying to just make rip off design and make money of it to me this brand is alot l really want to pursue it in the future. My ideas come from things i come across and try to incorporate my line to a design and change it up not copy it. I appreciated your guys comments tho, really wanted to get some honest feedback.

By all means man follow your vision, dont let a few peoples critiques stop you from doing what you want. I see too many people come on here a get shot down, and think its the end of the world. Like just keep continuing on your path because it takes time to build a strong and original identity for a brand. But understand ppl on here are just calling it as they see it, so take their comments as a positive and just adjust.
March 18, 2012 @ 08:13 PM
HWYS - Joey

The logo

Is it just me or are your mountains(I hope that's what those are) not symmetrical. That makes it look as if you didn't try hard enough. Also, what are the mountains supposed to represent when it comes to creative minds?

I like the name of the brand, but the logo doesn't exemplify it.
Good luck!

Joey

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 18, 2012 @ 09:50 PM
minsct

I would really like to know more about this aswell. I know CYC is a manufacturer for quality brands such as Reigning Champ and some Alife stuff so it would be good to check them out. I will probably give them a call later this week. I'll post an update and maybe stop by for a visit considering I live in Vancouver.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

March 18, 2012 @ 09:53 PM
Jake Ocean

The logo

creative minds for a not-so-creative logo. agreed, the mmxi shit is boring and I think people just put it there cause they don't know what else to put, lacking originality.

but i mean theres really nothing fundamentally wrong with it, just my personal opinion.

http://www.distantlight.co

March 18, 2012 @ 09:59 PM
chads

"This a clothing brand that was originated in California that was started with just and i idea turned into a dream. Bigandmighty was started in 2009 our goal is just to be simple and clean."                                                                                               

"Big And Mighty is a clothing brand originated in California. From a dream, to an idea, to fruition in 2009 - Big And Mighty has always been about clean lines and simple designs."

extent*
Its funny that you are criticizing him on his grammar but you messed a word up. Just saying that I almost called somebody out on something like that and then I learned they are from Spain and English isn't their primary language.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 18, 2012 @ 10:01 PM
ryder

Listen to this man.

The logo

creative minds for a not-so-creative logo. agreed, the mmxi shit is boring and I think people just put it there cause they don't know what else to put, lacking originality.

but i mean theres really nothing fundamentally wrong with it, just my personal opinion.

edmflavor.com

March 18, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
jerad

I have the cyc website and phone number if anyone wants to do a trade of some info
March 18, 2012 @ 10:21 PM
minsct

I have the cyc website and phone number if anyone wants to do a trade of some info

No need for trading, lets all be friends. http://cycdesigncorp.com/

March 18, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
Beas

Would you guys mind dropping by my thread and leaving some input. Would be appreciated, you all always have alot to say.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/general-fashion-discussion/167666/
March 18, 2012 @ 10:56 PM
artistiq

Hook me up with some info then, i'm new to this.

;]
March 18, 2012 @ 11:16 PM
stillwild

^ this

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

March 18, 2012 @ 11:22 PM
ryder

^ this

CYC is pretty easy info to find... Not exactly a trade secret that someone wont share with others lol.
I talked to an old friend and he said he last heard they would do work, but they had 500 MOQ's

edmflavor.com

March 18, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
minsct

;]

Want some info on how to be successful in this crazy industry? Here it is.

First and foremost, love what you do. Don't do it for the money. If you are doing what you love then money will come after.

Second, do your research. Sure, asking for things over a forum may get you some hookups but when it really comes down to it you need to dig alot deeper than a forum flooded with trolls. If you really want to find a manufacturer for that 'trendsetting' snapback you dream of making, you will find it with enough persistence and effort.

Just making t-shirts isn't enough anymore. People aren't interested in your average t-shirt designs. Its 2012 and business is evolving faster everyday, people nowadays are looking for a lifestyle to follow. Fans what to see material with passion, love and inspiration all packed in. Sorry to inform you though, your lifestyle better be interesting, creative, and REAL.

Be original. Don't copy something thats already been done. Sure, get inspiration from other sources, but make it your OWN. People don't like seeing copies or imitations, they want to see AUTHENTICITY.

Finally. How about instead of talking about all your god damn plans to be the most 'successful brand out there', you start proving that you are the most succesful brand out there. Talk is cheap.

There you go. You should now have a rough blueprint to start achieving your dreams in the fashion industry. Take it or leave it.

March 18, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
karakter1

in regards to critiques.....

post your designs in forums that match the target audience that you intend to sell to.

coming to other people, that are trying to start a brand also....is not a good place to get advice on designs and logos..ect. All artist have different taste and will always have another way that they would do something.

If you are looking for someone to cosign on your logo.....quit! you may not be skilled in designing logos!
if you are looking for someone to cosign on your tee design...quit! you may not be a good graphic artist!

Im all for helping out, and the sharing of information, but in regards to art and design.....if you give 20 talented artist, the same topic...and tell them to each design a T. you will get 20 completely different tees.

...then ask them to crit each other....
March 18, 2012 @ 11:54 PM
karakter1

;]

Want some info on how to be successful in this crazy industry? Here it is.

First and foremost, love what you do. Don't do it for the money. If you are doing what you love then money will come after.

Second, do your research. Sure, asking for things over a forum may get you some hookups but when it really comes down to it you need to dig alot deeper than a forum flooded with trolls. If you really want to find a manufacturer for that 'trendsetting' snapback you dream of making, you will find it with enough persistence and effort.

Just making t-shirts isn't enough anymore. People aren't interested in your average t-shirt designs. Its 2012 and business is evolving faster everyday, people nowadays are looking for a lifestyle to follow. Fans what to see material with passion, love and inspiration all packed in. Sorry to inform you though, your lifestyle better be interesting, creative, and REAL.

Be original. Don't copy something thats already been done. Sure, get inspiration from other sources, but make it your OWN. People don't like seeing copies or imitations, they want to see AUTHENTICITY.

Finally. How about instead of talking about all your god damn plans to be the most 'successful brand out there', you start proving that you are the most succesful brand out there. Talk is cheap.

There you go. You should now have a rough blueprint to start achieving your dreams in the fashion industry. Take it or leave it.

let me add:

#1. starting a brand is a business. Doing what you love is a hobby. Making money (preferably by doing what you love) is a business.

#2. Graphic tees will never die! graphic tees have always been the staple of independent brands. Long after flannel shirts, skinny jeans, snapbacks, and whatever trend is popular now, or was popular for the last 50 years...consumers have, and always will purchase graphic tees.

Please login first to reply.