May 24, 2013 @ 04:35 AM
royds

Hey, Here's my story. I'm currently in my last year at College in New Zealand, for the last few years design and art have taken over. I've worked with a huge amount of companies and people the last few years creating logos and completing projects (Most found here - http://royds.deviantart.com/ and more recently here - http://dribbble.com/Royds) but seeing my work online hasn't been enough, I want to work with more mediums so since December last year I've been started bringing my passion to life, through more than just a .ai or .png file, but on tshirts, street signs and buildings, everywhere.

This is STVUNCH, STVUNCH is an example of passion, STVUNCH is big.

Below are photos of the first printed tee, Cop I

Printed stickers

Recently made a stencil, which is being put to good use.

I have a giant canvas board in my room that I constantly print out work and display it.

Cop II, which is currently being printed today.

I'm currently living my dream, and I'm enjoying it.

Enjoy the journey with me via
www.stvunch.com
www.facebook.com/stvunch
Would love some opinions
May 24, 2013 @ 05:01 AM
cityofsavages

Hey, Here's my story. I'm currently in my last year at College in New Zealand, for the last few years design and art have taken over. I've worked with a huge amount of companies and people the last few years creating logos and completing projects (Most found here - http://royds.deviantart.com/ and more recently here - http://dribbble.com/Royds) but seeing my work online hasn't been enough, I want to work with more mediums so since December last year I've been started bringing my passion to life, through more than just a .ai or .png file, but on tshirts, street signs and buildings, everywhere.

Printed stickers

I have a giant canvas board in my room that I constantly print out work and display it.

www.stvunch.com
www.facebook.com/stvunch
Would love some opinions
The tee is okay, I wouldn't drop 45 for it though. As far as the brand as a whole you need better pics and also I think you should drop the whole substituting vowels with the letter "X" thing.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

May 24, 2013 @ 05:14 AM
royds

Printed stickers

www.stvunch.com
www.facebook.com/stvunch
Would love some opinions
The tee is okay, I wouldn't drop 45 for it though. As far as the brand as a whole you need better pics and also I think you should drop the whole substituting vowels with the letter "X" thing.
$45 NZD, Appreciate the honesty. Pictures shown here were more specifically for this thread, to show you what I'm doing behind the scenes, although my iPhone photography can probably improve. In regards to the changing letter thing, I'll be keeping the name stvunch as the V represents a flipped A and can also be stenciled (Wasn't just for the sake of it) but the I'll definitely consider playing around with using V's and X's in replace of A's and O's. Its quite a new concept to everyone in my country so I think it works well, in the US it isn't quite a new concept. Thanks for the feedback. 
May 24, 2013 @ 06:19 AM
cityofsavages

Printed stickers

www.stvunch.com
www.facebook.com/stvunch
Would love some opinions
$45 NZD, Appreciate the honesty. Pictures shown here were more specifically for this thread, to show you what I'm doing behind the scenes, although my iPhone photography can probably improve. In regards to the changing letter thing, I'll be keeping the name stvunch as the V represents a flipped A and can also be stenciled (Wasn't just for the sake of it) but the I'll definitely consider playing around with using V's and X's in replace of A's and O's. Its quite a new concept to everyone in my country so I think it works well, in the US it isn't quite a new concept. Thanks for the feedback. 
oh okay, I see. Best of luck to you.

May 24, 2013 @ 07:55 AM
tarlosangeles

Still working on my photography, before I upgrade my lense. Lmk what ya'll think of this new shot of our beanie.
Your photography is alright not bad!
May 24, 2013 @ 08:00 AM
tarlosangeles

Yes the HUF and Compton beanie kills it but the photo shoot wasn't planned it just happen. TAR. aint officially starting yet but its aim to graff vandals and skateboarders. Im not doing anything big till I get everything on track.
what you guys think of the logo?

Check me out on IG got some sick ass pics and shit. Theres only one dude running the clothing right now.

http://instagram.com/theartistikrebels

May 24, 2013 @ 11:29 AM
denpark11

So we are teediction,  this is the site I'm running,  we make
designer t shirts online specially funny & unique t shirts  but
we're looking to start branding and adding
some thing more creative & demanding soon.

Looking for the answers to get an idea what we can add in our designer T shirts .

Give Your views regarding our products & website.

https://teediction.com/
May 24, 2013 @ 12:59 PM
Brave

How 90% of these posts are:
 *Note that most accounts have been created within the past couple of weeks and have under 5 views.

"Hey! I'm [john smith] and I've been reading this thread for sometime. My brand is called Diamond $wagg Life Co and we're outta [insert suburb town in cali or ny]. Our brand represents the oppression of youth due to the struggles of the 1% elite in the underground world. We are the leaders of the new wave of enlightenment blah blah blah...."

Insert 3-5 pictures of vectors found online, random googled images, and a quote tee. Maybe a drug reference or two.

Literally what I see every damn day here....
lol thats funny but there is truth to this unfortunately ..it just seems like a factory that pushes out brands and even each one is different in graphics or look, the message is similar.. If some of these brands took the time to really work out there identity and not the same old anti society type message..but most times its rushed the anticipation of having your own tees and promoting them becomes more important than the heart and soul of your brand.
May 24, 2013 @ 01:08 PM
Brave

People take their clothing lines way too serious...
Dumb thing to say. If you want to be taken seriously, you gotta be serious. 
True, but you can have some fun in the clothing game. It's not like we're all stock brokers or some shit.
I agree, but at the same time if you want to make a living off your brand and the clothes you put out, you better take it seriously. To me, taking it seriously means being dedicated to your brand and trying to make it the best it can be. I think you have to be able to be open minded and laugh at yourself, but you also have to be serious when it comes to the business side of what you're doing. I do agree though that a lot of brands on here put this essay for a description and then their designs are just one cliche word or some unoriginal picture/drawing. 
People need to be realistic about their brand and what it means. No point in trying to appear serious and create some lengthy bullshit description with lame designs and catch feelings when people here rip it to shreds. If you want to jump into this game, you have to realize that it's not some get quick rich scheme. Have fun with it, but also know what your motive is as a brand. Don't try to be something you aren't and overkill with the "pretend-to-be-deepness"
Having a brand is a business plain and simple that part you must be serious about, and this is coming from experience. The other sides to it aren't as serious but there has to be some degree of it, realistically one of the more serious aspects of it is differentiating your brand from the plethora of other brands that are out there. Like Apollo said people need to be realistic wbout what kind of brand they want and what is really means to them...and not take to lazy way into this industry. 
May 24, 2013 @ 01:31 PM
AreteBrand

Also, what's everybody's ratio between shirt sizes? 
what do you mean?
Like, out of 50 shirts, how many are small, medium, large, XL, and so on?
Small thru Large mostly, XLs haven't really sold for us. Medium is usually the most requested

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

May 24, 2013 @ 05:11 PM
AndyRocksBluu

Hey everyone,
I'm doing a memorial day sale at my online shop. I thought I would spread the word. The sale runs from now through monday.

Shop / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

May 24, 2013 @ 05:12 PM
minsct

what do you mean?
My breakdown usually goes like this:

Small=15%  Medium=35%  Large=35% XL=15%

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

May 24, 2013 @ 05:40 PM
plastisol

It seems that 

http://shop.brandnuthreads.com/products/guap-unisex-tank-top

bit the GUAP t shirt someone posted here I forgot who it was. Sucks I really liked that shirt
May 24, 2013 @ 05:54 PM
jakexhines

http://www.fridayusa.bigcartel.com/ Go buy from Friday USA just dropped their Spring collection. great prices too. 
May 24, 2013 @ 06:58 PM
Danny

May 24, 2013 @ 07:52 PM
wcfrontrvnners

Still working on my photography, before I upgrade my lense. Lmk what ya'll think of this new shot of our beanie.
Thanks fam, currently working with a d3200 on the standard 18-55mm lense. Wanna step it up to a 50mm soon. 

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

May 24, 2013 @ 08:08 PM
thepreciselife

Thanks fam, currently working with a d3200 on the standard 18-55mm lense. Wanna step it up to a 50mm soon. 
Idk about making a 50mm your next lens, 50mm focal distance is a lot of commitment haha

ThePreciseLife.com

May 24, 2013 @ 08:33 PM
wcfrontrvnners

Idk about making a 50mm your next lens, 50mm focal distance is a lot of commitment haha
What would you recommend that isn't extremely pricey?

May 24, 2013 @ 09:20 PM
royds

would it be wise to invest in a solid camera to use for shooting everything other than your photo shoots, like for example updates and previews of clothes to post to blogs/facebook.

Whats your opinion? Do you have your own camera for your company/brand?

In my situation a close mate of mine has a camera, is it better to save myself $400 on a camera and just use his for everything, or buy one for myself?
May 24, 2013 @ 09:48 PM
minsct

would it be wise to invest in a solid camera to use for shooting everything other than your photo shoots, like for example updates and previews of clothes to post to blogs/facebook.

In my situation a close mate of mine has a camera, is it better to save myself $400 on a camera and just use his for everything, or buy one for myself?
I think it would be a wise investment if you are the type of person who can handle the work. Personally, the benefit I see with doing your own work is that you save money and you don't have to rely on other people to get stuff done. You'd be surprised how many people are unreliable fucks. In the end, you are the most reliable person.

Currently, I do everything from product shots to lookbook shots with an absolutely terrible camera and zero photography experience. Although my photography isn't the greatest it has been a great learning experience. I plan on investing in a new camera this summer to keep doing everything myself.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

May 24, 2013 @ 09:54 PM
thepreciselife

Something with more focal range to play with,
50mm is stuck at 50mm you have to be an exact distance to get the right photo
and sometimes not all the detail youd' want.

Fuck with something around 16-50 (in that range)
idk Nikon lenses but its best to have a good solid range,

I shoot with my 17-40L for Cannon and the only other lens id use
is a 17-35mm but I rent that.

Try renting.

ThePreciseLife.com

May 24, 2013 @ 10:22 PM
illikaspain

Hey Urbannerd I've started with the Canon 550d+Canon 18-55 EF kit lens for my DLSR at first then worked my way up  to Canon 7d and now working with L-lenses but for you I would say start off small and get comfortable with your camera and just invest in nice lense like Canon ef  28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 is usm and Tokina ef 85mm f/1.2l ii usm
May 24, 2013 @ 10:23 PM
illikaspain

Try renting.
Hey Urbannerd I've started with the Canon 550d+Canon 18-55 EF kit lens for my DLSR at first then worked my way up  to Canon 7d and now working with L-lenses but for you I would say start off small and get comfortable with your camera and just invest in nice lense like Canon ef  28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 is usm and Tokina ef 85mm f/1.2l ii usm
May 24, 2013 @ 10:46 PM
wcfrontrvnners

Try renting.
That makes sense when you put it that way. I'm gonna Yelp some shops that offer rentals. Thanks fam, btw where you from?

May 24, 2013 @ 10:52 PM
wcfrontrvnners

If it's your best friend thats definitely a plus, the only problem is you'd have to work around his schedule and explain your vision instead of sculpting it yourself. I'd say if you have the funds buy a camera. Also for the people who aren't fortunate to have a friend , hiring a quality photographer can get pricey depending on your resources. If you're more of the self dependent type I'd definitely say invest in your own camera. Also for a side note be ready to spend over 400$ for a quality camera

May 24, 2013 @ 11:06 PM
joseno

what do you mean?
I would say 10 small, 15 medium, 15 large and 10 XL. Medium and Large usually go by faster, small are usually bought my chicks or just really short guys lol
May 24, 2013 @ 11:09 PM
joseno

me gusta
May 24, 2013 @ 11:30 PM
cityofsavages

Enter HALFOFF @ the http://shop.thecityofsavages.com/ checkout screen to receive discount. 12am 5/28

May 24, 2013 @ 11:37 PM
wcfrontrvnners

@cityofsavages how long will the sell be. I'm grabbing that hoodie finally

May 24, 2013 @ 11:39 PM
thepreciselife

Hey Urbannerd I've started with the Canon 550d+Canon 18-55 EF kit lens for my DLSR at first then worked my way up  to Canon 7d and now working with L-lenses but for you I would say start off small and get comfortable with your camera and just invest in nice lense like Canon ef  28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 is usm and Tokina ef 85mm f/1.2l ii usm
Thanks for the advice but those lens choices dont make sense for fashion shooting kind of situations.
I do product and fashion photography where Ive worked and we've rented a good amount of lenses to 
see what works best.

You dont always need the best camera, you just have to know how to shoot, and edit.

ThePreciseLife.com

Please login first to reply.