May 23, 2013 @ 04:35 AM
Jake Ocean

People take their clothing lines way too serious...
You've been on here for a month... at lease explain how you came to that conclusion
Because people go way into detail with their brand. They write about how they're going to change the world or do some inspirational shit. Feels like the market is saturated with these type of brands there's no need to keep adding to the pile. Keep it plain and simple. You're not going to change the world or better yet inspire someone through a piece of clothing... RELAX

get outta here

http://www.distantlight.co

May 23, 2013 @ 04:48 AM
minsct

@jbumbumm guessing by your previous post, you are the type of person that doesn't inspire anyone or change anything.

Good day to you.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

May 23, 2013 @ 05:57 AM
jbumbumm

You've been on here for a month... at lease explain how you came to that conclusion
Because people go way into detail with their brand. They write about how they're going to change the world or do some inspirational shit. Feels like the market is saturated with these type of brands there's no need to keep adding to the pile. Keep it plain and simple. You're not going to change the world or better yet inspire someone through a piece of clothing... RELAX

get outta here
Lol You know it's true man. I respect your work so I'm not hating on
you. Just some of these new brands on here go super into detail about
what their clothing line means, and their designs either lack creativity or have nothing to do with their image..
May 23, 2013 @ 06:03 AM
jbumbumm

whats is the easiest way to think of a clothing brand name?
May 23, 2013 @ 07:38 AM
sacrilegeclothingco

Dumb thing to say. If you want to be taken seriously, you gotta be serious. 
True, but you can have some fun in the clothing game. It's not like we're all stock brokers or some shit.
I agree, but at the same time if you want to make a living off your brand and the clothes you put out, you better take it seriously. To me, taking it seriously means being dedicated to your brand and trying to make it the best it can be. I think you have to be able to be open minded and laugh at yourself, but you also have to be serious when it comes to the business side of what you're doing. I do agree though that a lot of brands on here put this essay for a description and then their designs are just one cliche word or some unoriginal picture/drawing. 

First line dropping Summer 2013. For inquiries email sacrilegeclothingco@gmail.com

May 23, 2013 @ 10:08 AM
cityofsavages

whats is the easiest way to think of a clothing brand name?
use peyote.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

May 23, 2013 @ 10:57 AM
kumasiii

so much wrong with this tbh
May 23, 2013 @ 02:47 PM
alwaysstarving

I just launched an Indiegogo for my brand called Always Starving. It is essentially a pre-order, I've seen a lot of Indiegogos that want you to donate money and get almost nothing in return. With out campaign you can get a lot for your money. We're doing 5 graphic tees, 2 pockets tees and for the campaign only, we are doing sunglasses and koozies. Please click the gallery tab on the Indiegogo to see what all of our designs look like. 

Indiegogo 

Thanks. 
May 23, 2013 @ 04:16 PM
longdays

Hey Guys

Iv started streetwear brand called Long days (clothing) about a year ago but we are still in the beginning. The name is patented and we have designed a few prints but that's pretty much it. We are planning to start making some sells this summer. I live in Helsinki, Finland and the streetwear isn't such a big thing in here, so i guess i just have to work extra hard haha

Here are few of our designs, hope u will like them and give me some feedback ! (I was stoked that Nicky Diamond liked our Short money design on instagram lol )

" />

" />

Make sure to follow us on instagram @longdaysclothing
and if u want to see the man behind the brand follow @fucktumba

Peace
May 23, 2013 @ 04:45 PM
asapswag

http://youtu.be/W3JR6sl7wFA

asap rocky feature
May 23, 2013 @ 04:53 PM
Brave

Hey Guys

Iv started streetwear brand called Long days (clothing) about a year ago but we are still in the beginning. The name is patented and we have designed a few prints but that's pretty much it. We are planning to start making some sells this summer. I live in Helsinki, Finland and the streetwear isn't such a big thing in here, so i guess i just have to work extra hard haha

Here are few of our designs, hope u will like them and give me some feedback ! (I was stoked that Nicky Diamond liked our Short money design on instagram lol )

" />

" />

Peace
Gildan Tags in the shot....is never a good thing i would advise getting your own made
May 23, 2013 @ 04:56 PM
Brave

I just launched an Indiegogo for my brand called Always Starving. It is essentially a pre-order, I've seen a lot of Indiegogos that want you to donate money and get almost nothing in return. With out campaign you can get a lot for your money. We're doing 5 graphic tees, 2 pockets tees and for the campaign only, we are doing sunglasses and koozies. Please click the gallery tab on the Indiegogo to see what all of our designs look like. 

Indiegogo 

Thanks. 
Why not just do 1 or 2 really good and well designed graphic tees and start from there?? instead of possibly doing 7 tees 3 good and 4 ok...not saying this is the case but im making a point. Start Small, who says you have to have a huge line for your first few releases.
May 23, 2013 @ 04:58 PM
longdays

Hey Guys

" />

" />

" />

Peace
Gildan Tags in the shot....is never a good thing i would advise getting your own made
Yea i know that was just a sample. Of course when we start sales we have to find manufacturer that makes t-shirts. Any tips finding a good one ? Here in Finland its way too expensive.
May 23, 2013 @ 05:00 PM
Brave

hmmm yeah not sure about finland i mean your best bet is to research via internet for possible companies that can make them and ship it to you.
May 23, 2013 @ 05:03 PM
longdays

hmmm yeah not sure about finland i mean your best bet is to research via internet for possible companies that can make them and ship it to you.
thats the hard part because if u order shirts from china for example the minimum order is usually 500 pieces. Do u have any idea about the prices in Usa ?
May 23, 2013 @ 06:15 PM
sacrilegeclothingco

thats the hard part because if u order shirts from china for example the minimum order is usually 500 pieces. Do u have any idea about the prices in Usa ?
If you want to get a lower quality shirt like Anvil or something, you could get 100 shirts for $220. 

First line dropping Summer 2013. For inquiries email sacrilegeclothingco@gmail.com

May 23, 2013 @ 06:20 PM
sacrilegeclothingco

Indiegogo 

Thanks. 
Honestly, these designs look weak. I agree with Brave, you should try doing fewer designs and try to make them better. Your brand name is cool and I think you can come up with some pretty sweet designs that go with the name, but none of the designs I saw looked that good to me. I think you should go back and try to come up with some better designs that go with your name. 

May 23, 2013 @ 06:32 PM
David Bolin

I think what they're trying to say is that a lot of these brands with a concept centered around being anti-society/rebellious, inspirational and all that, seem really forced, like the concept and designs took no real time to come up with. It just doesn't feel genuine because we've seen it so many times already, it starts to feel like these are the go to concepts for people who want to start a brand just to have one, or at least haven't put much time into developing one.

You can inspire people with clothes, but being so explicit about trying to do so is too easy, to me. The clothes of brands I look up to, A Bathing Ape, Billionaire Boys Club and Original Fake, still have value to people years and years later... Their clothes from five, ten years ago still see good money on eBay despite being preowned. On the surface you could say this is because of hype, but the fact of the matter is they make very well crafted, unique product that speaks for itself - at the end of the day, these brands have collectors (Who don't give a shit what celebs wore/wear the brand) and have made a legacy for themselves.
May 23, 2013 @ 11:46 PM
Jake Ocean

I think what they're trying to say is that a lot of these brands with a concept centered around being anti-society/rebellious, inspirational and all that, seem really forced, like the concept and designs took no real time to come up with. It just doesn't feel genuine because we've seen it so many times already, it starts to feel like these are the go to concepts for people who want to start a brand just to have one, or at least haven't put much time into developing one.

You can inspire people with clothes, but being so explicit about trying to do so is too easy, to me. The clothes of brands I look up to, A Bathing Ape, Billionaire Boys Club and Original Fake, still have value to people years and years later... Their clothes from five, ten years ago still see good money on eBay despite being preowned. On the surface you could say this is because of hype, but the fact of the matter is they make very well crafted, unique product that speaks for itself - at the end of the day, these brands have collectors (Who don't give a shit what celebs wore/wear the brand) and have made a legacy for themselves.
i agree with you on a lot of brands on here do have some bullshit message about anti-society, but saying "stop taking your brand so seriously" is dumb. there's no point in even running one if your not going to.

if anything they should have meant "take your brands more seriously" and maybe people would actually take more time into developing their concept and brand instead of rushing it and producing a cliche anti-society trendy line. 

http://www.distantlight.co

May 24, 2013 @ 12:58 AM
dangerers

http://www.dangerers.bigcartel.com

May 24, 2013 @ 01:36 AM
stilllifenyc2atl

May 24, 2013 @ 01:50 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

i agree with you on a lot of brands on here do have some bullshit message about anti-society, but saying "stop taking your brand so seriously" is dumb. there's no point in even running one if your not going to.

if anything they should have meant "take your brands more seriously" and maybe people would actually take more time into developing their concept and brand instead of rushing it and producing a cliche anti-society trendy line. 
I mean, you have to take some parts of your brand seriously, that's the same with any business. You can be more free when you design, though, as this is a creative industry.

hot water

May 24, 2013 @ 01:51 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Also, what's everybody's ratio between shirt sizes? 

hot water

May 24, 2013 @ 02:16 AM
AreteBrand

Dumb thing to say. If you want to be taken seriously, you gotta be serious. 
True, but you can have some fun in the clothing game. It's not like we're all stock brokers or some shit.
I agree, but at the same time if you want to make a living off your brand and the clothes you put out, you better take it seriously. To me, taking it seriously means being dedicated to your brand and trying to make it the best it can be. I think you have to be able to be open minded and laugh at yourself, but you also have to be serious when it comes to the business side of what you're doing. I do agree though that a lot of brands on here put this essay for a description and then their designs are just one cliche word or some unoriginal picture/drawing. 
People need to be realistic about their brand and what it means. No point in trying to appear serious and create some lengthy bullshit description with lame designs and catch feelings when people here rip it to shreds. If you want to jump into this game, you have to realize that it's not some get quick rich scheme. Have fun with it, but also know what your motive is as a brand. Don't try to be something you aren't and overkill with the "pretend-to-be-deepness"

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

May 24, 2013 @ 02:21 AM
AreteBrand

How 90% of these posts are:
 *Note that most accounts have been created within the past couple of weeks and have under 5 views.

"Hey! I'm [john smith] and I've been reading this thread for sometime. My brand is called Diamond $wagg Life Co and we're outta [insert suburb town in cali or ny]. Our brand represents the oppression of youth due to the struggles of the 1% elite in the underground world. We are the leaders of the new wave of enlightenment blah blah blah...."

Insert 3-5 pictures of vectors found online, random googled images, and a quote tee. Maybe a drug reference or two.

Literally what I see every damn day here....

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

May 24, 2013 @ 03:01 AM
JStorm803

Which is why I said before, you can see the innovative brands and the ones that follow the crowd. 

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

May 24, 2013 @ 03:07 AM
basspro

May 24, 2013 @ 03:58 AM
joseno

what do you mean?
May 24, 2013 @ 03:59 AM
joseno

THE CURB 
http://www.vectors4all.net/preview/free-gomedia-vector-pack-9-sampler.gif

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/s/r/c/B/m/h/arrow-md.png
Is using premade vectors really that bad?
Yes, wheres the creativity if youre just using PREMADE VECTORS??? it just makes the brand look bad lol
May 24, 2013 @ 04:14 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

what do you mean?
Like, out of 50 shirts, how many are small, medium, large, XL, and so on?

hot water

Please login first to reply.