Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
March 17, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
drunkenstyle

Starting a "brand" called FELINE out of Houston, Texas, and this is our "Spring" tank top drop. All hand printed and designed by a few seventeen year olds. Let me know your thoughts.

for a bunch of 17 year olds printing from scratch yall did a not bad job. there's definitely more room for improvement and there's a lot of potential..i say keep it up.

i would suggest not using a big C for both "cat" and "crew"
March 17, 2012 @ 01:50 AM
NOVUS IMPERIUM co.

I'm sort of confused.
Is Novus Imp. Co now WEAREOUTHERE?

But anyway I can see what you are trying to do/accomplish . First shirts usually consisit of the company name and logo so people can recognize you. I would honestly do more then one shirt if that is the cae though. Making a website for one shirt doesn't give the buyer much to look for and they are going to be kind of let down when they visit the site cause they may have been expecting more. Do atleast 4 varations of the logo on shirts. Small qty prints. Black and white shirts @ first. And $15 would be a better price for a "up and coming" shirt company with only a 1 color design.

If you do at least 4 shirts, include some pictures (fun shots of friends walking around and what not) and some stickers to bomb on your web page that should be a decent start. Don't look to make to much money for the first go round.
You actually spend more money in the begining building and establishing yourself and handing out free stuff for advertising.

LOL yeah I changed back to my original name.
but thanks for the advice man. were actually going to change the price now.
We were originally going to leave it at 15 but then more homies wanted some and im 18 without a job atm so i raised it a bit to have money to print more.
Appreciate it tho.

www.novusimperiumclothing.bigcartel.com

March 17, 2012 @ 02:39 AM
Broken Bank Clo

In the beginning you are basically going to be recycling money.
The money you make will go into making more shirt and supplies and not into your pocket. Unless you took out a loan or something.
Get a job more importantly. Using this as a income at this age will only lead to stress and possibly a chance in not putting your heart into it and giving up.
Most of us aren't blessed to have rich parents like some of the start up brands (non that I have seen in here) where they just throw money into it and then go skate boarding afterwards and party.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

March 17, 2012 @ 03:26 AM
NOVUS IMPERIUM co.

The money you make will go into making more shirt and supplies and not into your pocket. Unless you took out a loan or something.
Get a job more importantly. Using this as a income at this age will only lead to stress and possibly a chance in not putting your heart into it and giving up.
Most of us aren't blessed to have rich parents like some of the start up brands (non that I have seen in here) where they just throw money into it and then go skate boarding afterwards and party.

yeah man i feel ya.
Growing up with a single mom and barely enough money for rent and being into streetwear wasn't easy.
Always wanted to start a line since i was in middle school.While I looked up to Jonas(LRG,r.i.p) and Nigo(bape), other kids round here had different taste. So i was that 'weird' kid into different things.
but yeah! been applying everywhere hope someone calls.Lol.

www.novusimperiumclothing.bigcartel.com

March 17, 2012 @ 04:04 AM
justinsos

yeah man i feel ya.

Growing up with a single mom and barely enough money for rent and being into streetwear wasn't easy.
Always wanted to start a line since i was in middle school.While I looked up to Jonas(LRG,r.i.p) and Nigo(bape), other kids round here had different taste. So i was that 'weird' kid into different things.
but yeah! been applying everywhere hope someone calls.Lol.

If that's your deal then take a few months work, come up with a solid brand name, designs, concepts, branding, the works. I started out shitty as fuck. Thought I was king shit. I'm still not even close but I took 8 months off, re branded and have a new line march 24 with what I feel is 100x better!

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

March 17, 2012 @ 04:21 AM
Broken Bank Clo

Creating a Flyer for my re-release this summer

March 17, 2012 @ 04:46 AM
artistiq

How much money did you guys start your brand with?
March 17, 2012 @ 05:32 AM
justinsos

Depends on your brand. You can start with 100 you can start with 100000. Do your research and make a budget

March 17, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
ryder

Depends on your brand. You can start with 100 you can start with 100000. Do your research and make a budget

Like justin said itll be different for everyone. We bought a DTG printer at the start so our costs were a lot higher. But my advice to anyone is make a budget for 3 months and make sure you have all the money you need to buy stock, marketing, giveaway etc for those 3 months.

Now take that number you just came up with, and double it. Thats how much you should have. Nothing worse than simply running out of money or having all your cash tied up in stock when you need money to fix your website or to buy new stock that will sell much better.

And to answer your question we started in the 5k-10k range.

The bottom with your brand info doesn't exactly look the greatest... Try cutting the image and just having your logo/info over a white background. I think itll look much better.

edmflavor.com

March 17, 2012 @ 11:17 AM
stillwild

Like justin said itll be different for everyone. We bought a DTG printer at the start so our costs were a lot higher. But my advice to anyone is make a budget for 3 months and make sure you have all the money you need to buy stock, marketing, giveaway etc for those 3 months.

Now take that number you just came up with, and double it. Thats how much you should have. Nothing worse than simply running out of money or having all your cash tied up in stock when you need money to fix your website or to buy new stock that will sell much better.

The bottom with your brand info doesn't exactly look the greatest... Try cutting the image and just having your logo/info over a white background. I think itll look much better.

I'll throw my two cents in.

Not related to money, but make sure to try and cultivate a community. Having 2000 followers who're following for the sake of clicking a button versus 500 dedicated followers. Although it seems counter-intuitive the smaller group is better. Find your market and target them, you'll conserve resources better that way.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

March 17, 2012 @ 01:32 PM
HWYS - Joey

gramsongrams -- your site looks really amateurish and you can't even get a grip on what ur going for.
Just positive criticism...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 17, 2012 @ 02:06 PM
karakter1

Starting a "brand" called FELINE out of Houston, Texas, and this is our "Spring" tank top drop. All hand printed and designed by a few seventeen year olds. Let me know your thoughts.

for a bunch of 17 year olds printing from scratch yall did a not bad job. there's definitely more room for improvement and there's a lot of potential..i say keep it up.

i would suggest not using a big C for both "cat" and "crew"

Big C looks good...you should keep it!.....just my 2 cents
March 17, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
justinsos

And to answer your question we started in the 5k-10k range.s

I'll throw my two cents in.

Not related to money, but make sure to try and cultivate a community. Having 2000 followers who're following for the sake of clicking a button versus 500 dedicated followers. Although it seems counter-intuitive the smaller group is better. Find your market and target them, you'll conserve resources better that way.

This! Don't spend a million hours saying like our page, invite your friends. It annoys people. And like he said what's better? 500 dedicated or 2500 for looks with 100

March 17, 2012 @ 05:02 PM
Broken Bank Clo

How do you like printing with DTG? And are you going to be using it for all your shirt prints.
I started doing that myself to help cut back on overstock and dead product.
And what DTG machine did you buy? Currently working with a NeoFlex (not me myself but my current printer)

The bottom with your brand info doesn't exactly look the greatest... Try cutting the image and just having your logo/info over a white background. I think itll look much better

March 17, 2012 @ 05:32 PM
ryder

It has its ups and downs.

We bought the printer used and had to put some money in it to fix it, and for the most part it was a good buy for us. let us do custom orders and make money on the side to stay afloat. The best part is that you can print 1 shirt with as many colors as you want.

We used it for all of our shirts at the time. it recently kinda broke down tho. and were not sure what the problem is,its one of 3 things. but we dont have the money to fix it so were selling it now. Its a Fast T Jet 2 with a bulk ink system.

edmflavor.com

March 17, 2012 @ 05:58 PM
Broken Bank Clo

ok. Yeah I see a lot of printers moving towards DTG and encouraging it as a best option. But when you go to buy clothing you still see most companies print with the good old fashion silk screen process. I guess if you make a large number of shirts in bulk it's cheaper to silk screen. Just wondering how much of "new guys" print.

The recent DTG shirts I made someone made a comment and said it looked like it was ironed on cause we used cookie sheet paper to heat press it and cure the ink afterwards.

Good luck with that machine. I know how much of a headache it can be from listening to my printer and how he has nightmares at night because of it.

March 17, 2012 @ 06:14 PM
ryder

ok. Yeah I see a lot of printers moving towards DTG and encouraging it as a best option. But when you go to buy clothing you still see most companies print with the good old fashion silk screen process. I guess if you make a large number of shirts in bulk it's cheaper to silk screen. Just wondering how much of "new guys" print.

The recent DTG shirts I made someone made a comment and said it looked like it was ironed on cause we used cookie sheet paper to heat press it and cure the ink afterwards.

Good luck with that machine. I know how much of a headache it can be from listening to my printer and how he has nightmares at night because of it.

Ironed on? Thats weird. We use parchment paper to cure our shirts(or did for that matter). Thats what i really liked about dtg, was the fact that the ink was pretty much part of the shirt. it only got thick if you were doing a white baselayer first.

Ya it can be increadibly stressful. the same problem can never be fixed the same way twice i swear. its a god dan curse sometimes haha. but it should be noted that it was like that because we were using old parts and it wasnt exactly in tiptop shape

edmflavor.com

March 17, 2012 @ 08:02 PM
ChicagoLDRS

Anyone in here cop CYC blanks and use them for your hoodies? Curious as to how much it would cost to cop 100 blanks of 250 in two different colors, etc. TIA

I'm assuming a brand ID/tax ID # would be required.

Fuck Tha Opps...No Love City

March 17, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
Broken Bank Clo

You don't like Hanes and Gildan??

March 17, 2012 @ 08:19 PM
HWYS - Joey

We bought the printer used and had to put some money in it to fix it, and for the most part it was a good buy for us. let us do custom orders and make money on the side to stay afloat. The best part is that you can print 1 shirt with as many colors as you want.

We used it for all of our shirts at the time. it recently kinda broke down tho. and were not sure what the problem is,its one of 3 things. but we dont have the money to fix it so were selling it now. Its a Fast T Jet 2 with a bulk ink system.

I might be interested in the dtg. Lmk how much u selling it for.
Joey

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

March 17, 2012 @ 08:19 PM
99%Shit

I'm about that Feline 'Cat Crew' shirt. Do them on a tee, and you got both a white and a black sold.

narsha.narsha.narsha

March 17, 2012 @ 08:26 PM
ryder

Anyone in here cop CYC blanks and use them for your hoodies? Curious as to how much it would cost to cop 100 blanks of 250 in two different colors, etc. TIA

Last time i checked they were too expensive and not worth it. And im pretty sure youre right with the brand ID/tax ID. Where are you located?

Joey

Ill send you a PM!

edmflavor.com

March 17, 2012 @ 08:42 PM
ChicagoLDRS

Last time i checked they were too expensive and not worth it. And im pretty sure youre right with the brand ID/tax ID. Where are you located?

Joey

Ill send you a PM!

I'm in Chicago...I'm just curious what the discount is for buying in bulk.

March 17, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
ryder

I'm in Chicago...I'm just curious what the discount is for buying in bulk.

Oh okay, i was gonna say if you're in canada i have some distributors you could use. But if youre buying more than 100, look around and you should be able to get a decent price on ordering from overseas with labels etc already on them

edmflavor.com

March 17, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
chads

I would be interested in it but I can't find much info on them other than forum posts. Have you found a website or dealer of em?

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 17, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
ChicagoLDRS

I would be interested in it but I can't find much info on them other than forum posts. Have you found a website or dealer of em?

The site has nothing but an address and a phone #. Someone that has a brand ID could call them and get some rough pricing estimates? We could all go in on a shipment or something.

http://www.cycdesigncorp.com/

March 17, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
Jake Ocean

latest stuff that has been posted is all pretty bad. dont really feel like quoting the peoples posts but seriously, that shit is so unoriginal

http://www.distantlight.co

March 17, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
artistiq

I've been trying to find a hat manufacturer, but no luck on finding a decent one, could anyone point me in the right direction?
March 17, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
Broken Bank Clo

The site has nothing but an address and a phone #. Someone that has a brand ID could call them and get some rough pricing estimates? We could all go in on a shipment or something.

http://www.cycdesigncorp.com/

keep a update on that. I just ordered Hanes P1607 crewnecks and Gildan.
I'm pretty happy with how they feel and they were $7 for the 80/20 and $4.60 for 50/50
but if something out there is cheaper with better quality I'm down.

March 17, 2012 @ 11:38 PM
ryder

latest stuff that has been posted is all pretty bad. dont really feel like quoting the peoples posts but seriously, that shit is so unoriginal

I find a lot of it is literally boring. I would never pay for something i can make myself. And i could spend 10 minutes in paint and create half of the shit that gets posted here.

If you have a new line and you're reading this, dont get discouraged. Your first 10 designs are going to SUCK. You just have to keep trying and getting feedback, whether its nice feedback or just straight up honesty any feedback is good feedback. Unless its from your mom, she has no taste.

I've been trying to find a hat manufacturer, but no luck on finding a decent one, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Google.

edmflavor.com

Please login first to reply.