FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
May 11, 2013 @ 04:00 AM
hkeys

Hey Everyone,
I finally just dropped my newest collection entitled the Divers League. I also decided to make custom baseball cards for the hang tags. I thoght it would be the icing on the cake for the release.

Let me know what you think

You can see the rest of the collection here

Shop / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram
Yes very cool indeed. Perfect execution my friend.

http://thedividedminds.com/

May 11, 2013 @ 04:59 AM
AndyRocksBluu

Hey Everyone,
I finally just dropped my newest collection entitled the Divers League. I also decided to make custom baseball cards for the hang tags. I thoght it would be the icing on the cake for the release.

Now THIS is awesome. Congrats man, love the creativity and the execution of these items.
Thanks Man. I'm just trying to do something different than the norm.

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

May 11, 2013 @ 05:08 AM
basspro

largezebra dicks
May 11, 2013 @ 12:27 PM
aidanfolarin

Just curious, what do you guys draw inspiration from? I'm sure a majority of people on here draw some inspiration from hip hop and maybe some kind of sport, but what else serves as inspiration to some of you guys and your brands? I know that for me personally, I draw inspiration from the hip hop and basketball culture, but also just being a free spirit and living an open minded life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4
May 11, 2013 @ 12:42 PM
aidanfolarin

Exactly, your opinion from an outside perspective.  There's plenty we have going on.  We've properly branded Above Royalty since 2010.  A logo is different from brand name.  Logo is something you have created.  Brand name for more is just going to be a font they downloaded.  Knowing that most "graphic designers" on this board probably have no knowledge in Typography.  We're constantly on these boards and see what everyone's got.  Look at any major business.  Not just clothing.  You have to brand your logo so you are recognizable.  Now look at the major clothing brands.  They have their one main stamp logo.  Building a brand for the longevity does not happen within a few seasons.  You have to sacrifice and dedicate your life into the brand.  Your brand is suppose to portray YOU, not your gimmick to try and make a fast buck.  It's about the struggle and progression of brand.  The founder of Above Royalty has worked with Akomplice Clothing, ran their flagship store in Santa Barbara, CA and ran their booths at Agenda & Magic tradeshows.  There he learned the ins and outs of the whole business side to the industry that most people who wish to run a successful brand need to learn about.  It takes years to develop a reputation that people will admire and want to be apart of.  Above Royalty has done just that in all areas of California & spreading throughout the states.  You have to know how to network, how to develop a following in local cities and surrounding areas.  

Above Royalty is a positive move>ment to our community sponsoring two non-profits not just a clothing line.  Our OG Crown Tee/Hoodies/Crews are moving through the hip-hop industry.  Names like Ned Cameron, Jahlil Beats, YOG$, Dizzy Wright, Hopson and two hip-hop LA labels... Just to name a few.  Our sponsored skate team in Santa Barbara puts in work for the brand!  Our skate team is expanding to LA, SF, and South America.  All of Above Royalty's head gear is manufactured through Mitchell & Ness (Snapbacks & Beanies).  Currently, we are producing leather wallets, cut & sew works, and crew socks as well.  As far as our designs go, we have plenty that have been stored away in our vault until timing became right.  Fast forward 3 years later, we sent our line sheets to Venue Trade Show and have been accept to exhibit our collection next month June 28, 2013.  The founder of the show predicts Above Royalty to have some of the best success at the show.  It is a private event for retailers, manufactures, and the press.  Hours, Hours, and Hours go into research and development to ensure we stay original and different than any other brand you could think of, trust.  Those who know the brand are aware of the moves being made are nothing but excited for Above Royalty's future.  Above Royalty Clothing is already valued at $500,000.  No opinions here, just facts. 
First of all, the amount of BS in this statement is way too high. What really through me off was the $500,000 price on your company. Here let me explain why, first of all, to be valued at half a million dollars is bogus when you are not even in ANY retailers because that would mean most of your sales are through online and doing $500,000 online means you either lied or you are probably one of the best and greatest underground clothing companies that has the biggest internet fan base. Im going to have to go with my first guess judging your website is a tumblr, and a big cartel. The social media you have isn't very "high" for you to have such a big fan base either. The logo you have is really nothing extraordinary, its really a crown with AR in the bottom left hand corner. Don't go judging others if you have to fabricate a lot of things. I understand you have a non-profit base company and not just a clothing line. Please don't tell other brands to "develop" when you sure as heck haven't been doing much except talking about this and that without any proof leads to a big let down by the consumers and never will look at you the same again.
My brand may have not have any of what you stated but I wouldn't go around making bogus claims to hurt my business. Oh and anyone can value a company, I can value mine at 5 billion because of my sweat and tears and hope for this company but being realistically not many brands on here are probably worth more than 10K but there are a few exceptions. If your brand is worth more than 10k you probably wouldn't be on here at all either. 
No BS, all true statements.  There's no fabrication, just talking about my brand.  You would too just like everyone else if you have been working hard on something and began to see success.  How are you to say "sure as heck haven't been doing much expect talking about this and that without any proof"? We would be glad to meet and person give you a run down of proof.  The crown isn't our main logo, the "AR" is with the crown on top.  Don't let social media numbers fool you, they don't tell the story of our following.  Again, no bogus claims.  We wouldn't be letting anyone down.  You can value your company at whatever you wish, you're right, but we do have the numbers backing our fact.  Sorry you feel so negative about it all.  Even if the brand was worth more I'd still be on here.  
You would have had to sell nearly 20,000 t-shirts in order to get that number. Even if you had that many people going to your website, how could that work if you aren't even fully SEO optimized. Your website is 3 links down from being first.

https://www.google.com/search?q=above+royalty+clothing&oq=above+royalty+clothing&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l3.2756j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
If you notice the website is not even constructed.  Probably the reason it's 3 links down.  Our facebook/bigcartel are the two sites running for us as the moment.  Sales can be conducted through face to face interaction. Who's to say it's solely need be via internet?  We also have Crewnecks, Hoodies, and Snapbacks, not just t-shirts at the moment.  You could try to figure out how much of what we sold but the dollars in hand is all the proof we need.  
"Sales can be conducted through face to face interaction" - does that me you've sold $500,000 worth of tshirts through face to face interaction?? fuck you're hustling hard!!
May 11, 2013 @ 02:37 PM
karakter1

Hey guys, I've just recently started up my clothing line and I'm looking to get more recognition or feedback on designs and such. I just started production the beginning of this week, and I've been trying to get friends and stuff to purchase items but they never end up doing it.

About my brand: I've always wanted a brand about cats, but cheap, I hated how I'd have to pay $30+ for a t-shirt with cats on it so I thought I'd make my own and make it under $20. I make my own designs but they may not be too original. I'm looking for feedback and such on these designs so that'll be appreciated. 25% of profits I make go to my local cat shelter. 

http://kibblesco.bigcartel.com/
Thanks
i like the tees....if you have product in a webstore, use the actual product shots! 

they are kind of strange looking, but that can be good. too many people trying to have the same look.  make a few. 
May 11, 2013 @ 02:41 PM
karakter1

i think its great that youre supporting a shelter, and the box logo tee is kinda cool, but those photoshop tees are fucking awful, they're just really ugly and kinda stupid, even if they were done well.
really ugly and kinda stupid?...maybe.

but that hasn't been a problem for most of the stuff that people buy lately....im sure you can think of some head scratchers out there. 
May 11, 2013 @ 03:16 PM

"Savage Sox" Baseball Jersey http://shop.thecityofsavages.com/product/savage-sox-baseball-jersey

where did you get the baseball blanks?
May 11, 2013 @ 04:27 PM
JStorm803

Hey Everyone,

Yep..I'll definitely be ordering some stuff. 

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

May 11, 2013 @ 04:43 PM
Ian x illany

@sacrilegeclothingco

You announce your name in the about me on your line's FB page (5 likes might I add) like you're in a high school show, I tracked down your personal facebook page and you're just as a I imagined you to be HAH.  What a waste of time replying back to your empty words! 
Well, seeing as how I haven't even come out with a single piece of clothing yet, I don't get your point. If you're trying to take a jab at me personally, then you have failed. You come on this board boasting about how much your brand is worth and all you do for your community, when you've been around for three years now and all you have to show for it is a line of shirts and hoodies with your logo(a generic crown) on it. Good job, keep doing what you're doing and we'll see what happens. For now, I will just laugh at you for using your brand on a message board to make fun of people(again, while failing epically). 
SMH.... again.... NO CLUE
Above Royalty, I live in SO CAL and never heard of you guys, $500,000? Your design reminds me of the type of t-shirts they sell at ghetto urban/hip hop swapmall shops. Generic crowns and crosses on t-shirts along with fake bling watches.
you should use real models or models with experience, not just your friends. these photos do your products no justice.
Is that tee Gildan?
no

ILLANY! ~ @illanewyork ~ www.illanewyork.tumblr.com/

May 11, 2013 @ 04:46 PM
Ian x illany

Pictures of the tees we just released.

Check them out on our store.
WHY?
wondering where that came from, more than "why" would be helpful
I said why because I don't get why you chose this as a design. Again, only using your logo or name does not count as creativity. I also don't understand why you have a wave with "ILLA NY". I'm not trying to mean, just trying to understand what your brand is about and why you chose this as your first line.
chose it as a design becuase i would personally wear it. i liked the wave, thought it was cool looking & put it on the shirt. i like the original painting a lot and drew the inspiration from there, plus waves are summer themed and it is for S/S 
Since you posted on here, I'm going to give you my honest feedback on your shirts. They suck. Flat out. There is no creativity with the design, putting a wave(doesn't really look like a wave) with NY just doesn't make sense. Just because you think something is cool, doesn't mean you should put it on a shirt haha. If you want to be taken seriously, then think of designs you can build your brand on, something original that makes people want to rock your gear. If you want to just make money, put stuff on your clothes that you think will sell. Unfortunately, a black and white wave is neither creative or something that people will want to wear on their clothes. That's just my opinion though. You have to make mistakes in order to learn and grow so hopefully you learn from this if you don't get the sales you wanted, and if you do get the sales you wanted, then more power to you. 
Sacrilege, i dont want to be a dick, but i feel like you've kinda consistently been a dick, except for when you shut up that Above Royalty clown, that was good shit, i just feel like creativity is interpreted by every person differently
i understand that this is not the most creative thing out there, but it was an attempt at getting the name out there as opposed to our last tee which didnt have the name on it at all. i guess we need to find a happy medium and try not to play it so safe
what's the wave mean?

all i can think of is hurricane sandy and new beginnings and washed away and other deep shit.
it doesnt exactly represent anything. i thought it looked cool, and its a reference to the term 'wavey' coined by new york rapper max b

May 11, 2013 @ 05:15 PM
paperboyjim

May 11, 2013 @ 05:37 PM
karakter1

@sacrilegeclothingco

You announce your name in the about me on your line's FB page (5 likes might I add) like you're in a high school show, I tracked down your personal facebook page and you're just as a I imagined you to be HAH.  What a waste of time replying back to your empty words! 
Well, seeing as how I haven't even come out with a single piece of clothing yet, I don't get your point. If you're trying to take a jab at me personally, then you have failed. You come on this board boasting about how much your brand is worth and all you do for your community, when you've been around for three years now and all you have to show for it is a line of shirts and hoodies with your logo(a generic crown) on it. Good job, keep doing what you're doing and we'll see what happens. For now, I will just laugh at you for using your brand on a message board to make fun of people(again, while failing epically). 
Above Royalty, I live in SO CAL and never heard of you guys, $500,000? Your design reminds me of the type of t-shirts they sell at ghetto urban/hip hop swapmall shops. Generic crowns and crosses on t-shirts along with fake bling watches.
you should use real models or models with experience, not just your friends. these photos do your products no justice.
nothing wrong with using friends as models......the model isn't the problem here.

its the photo that doesn't do your product justice. take better pics......better composition.
May 11, 2013 @ 05:48 PM
Jake Ocean

@sacrilegeclothingco

nothing wrong with using friends as models......the model isn't the problem here.

its the photo that doesn't do your product justice. take better pics......better composition.
photography is ultimately one of the most important focuses you should have on selling online, since people won't be able to actually physically feel the products. it should be as well done as possible, even if that means going out of the way to find models to wear it. 'better composition' would include having better models. 

http://www.distantlight.co

May 11, 2013 @ 05:54 PM
Ian x illany

ASSORTED DONUTS
are... are you serious?
deadass just copy pasting the OF donut

May 11, 2013 @ 06:22 PM
forexample

suspended

ASSORTED DONUTS
ummm..... just leave clearly biting OF just dont. 
May 11, 2013 @ 08:12 PM
Metsys©

ASSORTED DONUTS
*cough* Odd Future *cough*

systemnj.com | Supplying the masses

May 11, 2013 @ 09:14 PM
shillco

How exactly does a "Pop Up"' shop work.
One aspect of this process I'm not fully aware of or know much about
We've done a few Pop-Up Shops. Not sure what you're questions are (or that I'm an expert) but here are some basics.
1. Find a space (could be anywhere but use common sense)
2. Be open for a short period of time. Could be over a few days but build urgency.
3. Advertise locally (not just online).

The rest of this is kind of optional but important.

4. Create an atmosphere/ merchandising.
5. Have a hook >>> alcohol, live music, dj, food, discounts...
6. Get sponsors (we got free soda from a local company), we did one at a brewery with food trucks.
7. A Square (or something like that).

PM me up if you have more questions but location and advertising is key just like if you had a retail location.

www.shillingfordco.com

May 11, 2013 @ 09:50 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

http://hellshop2012.tumblr.com/

that's a pretty cool logo, kinda interested to see where Hellshop will end up.

hot water

May 11, 2013 @ 09:52 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

ASSORTED DONUTS
*cough* Odd Future *cough*
Lol, it's an exact rip, just in different colors. Sprinkles and everything identical.

hot water

May 11, 2013 @ 09:58 PM
Jake Ocean

New stickers from my brand, Distant Light.

http://www.distantlight.co

May 11, 2013 @ 10:03 PM
TrainwreckersClub

This is my brand let me know what you guys think
http://www.trainwreckersclub.com/
May 11, 2013 @ 10:07 PM
cityofsavages

Like the homepage besides the fact that you have to click around a little to get to the store.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

May 11, 2013 @ 10:50 PM
TrainwreckersClub

Like the homepage besides the fact that you have to click around a little to get to the store.
Thanks. yea I have two separate pages right now because my shop is still active on a different site but will fix that soon. thanks for feedback!
May 11, 2013 @ 11:13 PM
forexample

suspended

Looks good but annoyed at the store link to bigcartel even though the link is broken. Straight downhill usually. If you could embed the bigcartel to your own website it would be great. Also change the order of images that are on the first page. I would suggest putting a twitter and instagram next to the facebook link with maybe some soon to come and new release images to instagram. but gives off a great vibe none the less. 
May 11, 2013 @ 11:58 PM
Broken Bank Clo

How exactly does a "Pop Up"' shop work.
One aspect of this process I'm not fully aware of or know much about
We've done a few Pop-Up Shops. Not sure what you're questions are (or that I'm an expert) but here are some basics.
1. Find a space (could be anywhere but use common sense)
2. Be open for a short period of time. Could be over a few days but build urgency.
3. Advertise locally (not just online).

The rest of this is kind of optional but important.

4. Create an atmosphere/ merchandising.
5. Have a hook >>> alcohol, live music, dj, food, discounts...
6. Get sponsors (we got free soda from a local company), we did one at a brewery with food trucks.
7. A Square (or something like that).

PM me up if you have more questions but location and advertising is key just like if you had a retail location.

Thanks for the info.
I'll be hitting you up. Now that i have an idea of what it is I know of a few spots that may be able to host one for me.
Any info is better then no info

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

May 12, 2013 @ 01:13 AM
kibblesco

Hey guys, I've just recently started up my clothing line and I'm looking to get more recognition or feedback on designs and such. I just started production the beginning of this week, and I've been trying to get friends and stuff to purchase items but they never end up doing it.

About my brand: I've always wanted a brand about cats, but cheap, I hated how I'd have to pay $30+ for a t-shirt with cats on it so I thought I'd make my own and make it under $20. I make my own designs but they may not be too original. I'm looking for feedback and such on these designs so that'll be appreciated. 25% of profits I make go to my local cat shelter. 

Thanks
This has to be a joke...
It is somewhat, me and friend just made them as a joke and decided it'd be a cool idea to put them on t-shirts and sell them. We understand that not everyone is going to like them.
May 12, 2013 @ 01:17 AM
kibblesco

Thanks
i like the tees....if you have product in a webstore, use the actual product shots! 

they are kind of strange looking, but that can be good. too many people trying to have the same look.  make a few. 
Thanks, I'll definitely take pictures of the t-shirts today.
May 12, 2013 @ 01:54 AM
jakexhines

May 12, 2013 @ 06:36 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

never put your store link under 'More'. have that shit visible.

hot water

Please login first to reply.