store
http://onethreefive.bigcartel.com/
blog
http://slidinski.tumblr.com/

slidinski.tumblr.com

April 30, 2013 @ 08:01 PM
April 30, 2013 @ 08:23 PM
gxldstoresupply

Where can i get a tank like this, but full print???
April 30, 2013 @ 08:26 PM
Metsys©

WE WERE HERE FIRST preview
OneThreeFive Clothing
Philadelphia, Pa

store:
http://onethreefive.bigcartel.com/
blog:
http://slidinski.tumblr.com/
This is what comes to mind when i think of "OTF" 

systemusa.co

April 30, 2013 @ 09:17 PM
lrgfan198

April 30, 2013 @ 09:19 PM
jbumbumm

Supreme, alcohol, and weed = swag

To be honest. After seeing either the fake or real "coke" being made in the kitchen I didn't want to watch the video anymore.
Making a connection between those items and your clothes makes no sense.
Are you promoting drugs or your clothes
If you say you are promoting a lifestyle than you just singled out a number of people who can't relate or don't like drugs.

You sound like a educated or possibly mature individual to hold those opinions on drugs, so I explain to you the over extended metaphor we used to articulate the cut throat strive we carry to reach our goals and succeed. The fact that we are preparing "fake" drugs does not imply we ourselves idolize the USE of drugs but rather the SALE and the many aspects to pushing weight. The BUSINESS mentality of coming from nothing and creating an empire. How many rappers/artist do people idolize that claim to have came up by selling rocks? Someone also mentioned our "hipster" infinity logo when only a narrow minded individual would forgo to see the symbolism in an infinity symbol. We as humans are infinite, limitless and perfect. GODS if you will. The brand has great depth that will be shown more in coming collections, but we figured when we made the video most people wouldnt understand alot of the deeper meaning. Narrow minds form bad opinions. Lions dont lose sleep over the opinion of sheep. Elevate your thinking young gods.
You're coming off as corny and a little condescending. First off, your explanation for the drug metaphor is a reach to be honest. Realistically most customers aren't going to sit down and try to analyze your metaphor, it's not like you're a big brand so it's not worth their time. Do something different to promote your clothes via a video lookbook because creating fake drugs, sipping 40s and wearing supreme just ends up making your video look like a tumblr production lol. If you want people to understand your symbolism, YOU have to define it for them and actually tell what the lifestyle is. No one is going to look at your shit and say "Gee wilikers, their clothing represents the infinite nature of humans". Don't act like you're some high thinking designer when your ideas/concepts are recycled ideas that you didn't even bother to define for your audience. "Narrow minds form bad opinions. Lions dont lose sleep over the opinion of sheep. Elevate your thinking young gods." Fuck outta here with that pretending-to-be-deep-but-not-really nonsense. None of your stuff even remotely provokes the thought of higher thinking. Elevate your product bro.
Well aren't you clever. You have some really good points on consumerism, but the tumblr production your talking about is a critical marketing concept that has been extremely beneficial via $ALE$. Its the same idea that all upcoming hiphop artist happen to be wearing either : 10deep, supreme, the hundreds, blackscale, diamond ect. because subconsciously or consciously it provokes the person to consume that image. Of course its only obvious you need to promote your own image and meaning behind your brand but when your dropping your first collection like us here at VLS this allows us to enter the industry more highly regarded by CUSTOMERS/CONSUMERS and viewed just as highly as the brands we appear next to, hence why you see like 5 supreme caps in one frame and more supreme beanies on the couches lmao. Our brand carries a very conscious ora and encourages self enlightenment and freedom from mental slavery which will be executed more in the coming collections. For this video frankly deadlines were not met, production fell behind, and the video suffered because of that. Stick around though you have some good criticism and our brands only getting better , "creating every master piece better than our last release".
putting supreme in your lookbook doesn't make people regard you as highly as them, it makes you look like you're trying to ride the wave and compensate for poor quality product

stop being so butt hurt, take the criticism people are giving you and move on
I really don't think it makes a difference, where can i look at your shit and the lookbook video anyway
Alright, your brand just lost me with the supreme girl font on a shirt and all the fucking supreme hats in your vid. Obviously you love fucking supreme.- CHECK
 -The video has you packing fake coke and cooking crack when you know damn well you probably never moved any sort of weight in your life. Which makes you look like an idiot. -CHECK
-The video was just poorly executed. Looks like a Supreme LookBook since that's all i see , some corny ass kids packing drugs, and hopping over the subway turnstyle cause you about that life.... LOL
April 30, 2013 @ 09:34 PM
jbumbumm

Check us out http://instagram.com/superiorconcept
I dig the posters they're pretty clean. Not a big fan of girls on shirts. Keep it up tho...
April 30, 2013 @ 11:07 PM
ieatkr4yonz

http://www.nfzclothing.com/

NFZ (No Fly Zone) Clothing is a streetwear company that focuses on strong character branding. The designs depict social taboos, or social “No Fly Zones”, that are not talked about.Rather than promote a particular lifestyle or subjective idea, NFZ Clothing aims to capture a certain level of social consciousness through the mediums of strong character branding, bold colors, and simple designs.The goal of NFZ Clothing is not to take a stance on a social issue, but to merely bring it to light. This allows the audience to form their own interpretations and ultimately, use social taboos as a vehicle to share their own viewpoints and connect with each other.

-NFZ Clothing

April 30, 2013 @ 11:46 PM
axcie

Really interested in Starting a new line, Thieves & Kings. I don't even know how to print clothes(should I find someone to do it for me, or do it myself) what should I invest in, etc. I have some dope designs down. PLEASE HELP ME, Give a beginner some advice.
There's a few options when creating a brand:

1. Printing stuff yourself. You've got to buy or lease your equipment, which is probably out of the question if you're starting up for under a grand or two. A cheaper, and shittier, alternative would be using heat transfer printing, which is essentially using special paper you can find at Walmart and ironing it onto a shirt. Lasts around 15 washes before crackling to the point of it being unwearable, for me, at least.

2. Paying somebody else to print. That's what, from what I've seen, most low to mid scale companies(pretty much every brand on here) do this(If anybody on here prints themselves, please speak up. I'd love to hear all about the process). Find a company you can trust, with prices that leave room for profit. I'd also heavily suggest finding secondary printers and the like that you can trust, in case your primary flakes. Some people sell these sources, but, for the most part, good sources can be found by extensive Googling.

3. Printing on demand. This would include sites like Cafepress, Printfection, Redbubble, Skreened, and so on. These use methods like direct to garment printing to print their designs on, and only print a shirt when it's ordered, meaning no sitting with stagnant inventory. These sites are usually reserved for the casual 'pop culture' shirt such as this one: http://skreened.com/wellthatsjustsuper/i-m-not-saying-i-m-batman These services are, in my opinion, no way to start a brand. You have little control over the printing process, there's no distinct branding, along with some other glaring flaws. I would not recommend it for starting out a clothing brand, rather for an artist trying to make some money on the side from selling funny shirts.

Since I'm apparently writing a small book, I might as well cover shirt blanks. There's no definite answer on shirt blanks, as they're up to target market and your personal preference. There's fitted(FUCT and SSUR) and box cut(HUF) shirts, all organic and synthetic ones. I, personally, like a box cut shirt made out of thick cotton, but you'll probably like something else. The material of the shirt matters as well, as certain printing methods won't work on certain blanks, such as with dye sublimation printing and cotton shirts. I'd highly suggest reading HTSACC's article of shirt blanks here: http://www.howtostartaclothingcompany.com/t-shirt-blanks-how-to-choose-one/

Some more required reading would definitely be Thread's Not Dead: http://threadsnotdead.com/ It covers a good amount of subjects, mostly from the viewpoint of a designer.

Reading back on this, I feel more and more like I just talked out of my ass for 3 paragraphs. If I'm wrong on anything here, somebody please correct me.
We actually do the printing by ourselves. It is not that hard of an process, just takes a good learning strategy and practice actually. We use the screen painting process, for designs up to 2 colors (because of how hard it is) instead of printing onto the shirt directly we make screen painting transfers which we believe is the best because we can create multiple transfers from one "screen" and it is cost effective. For the 2+ Colors we actually have a sublimation printer that prints like a regular printer but uses the same liquid that big companies would use to make their shirts. The equipment we have cost under $1000 together, it is a screen painting machine which cost $320 and the sublimation printer cost $300 and transfers come in around $200 we actually picked up a free heat transfer machine. We looked at all the methods you stated and seemed as if that was the best way for us to customize it and not work around other companies prices. It actually is a better feel for the shirts than when you get another company to print on clothing because a lot of cut and sew products would be hard for other companies to print on so the customization is a HUGE difference and that makes all the difference in the clothing industry now-a-days. My friend and I went to a summer training program for 4 days to learn everything about screen-painting and how it was a good alternative. To remind you, it takes a learning curve to actually do it and it takes a lot of effort and practice, but we are 15 and 16 years old and we learned and there may be people younger than us on this thread but we are probably the youngest as it goes (I turn 15 in 1 month). Thats just what we thought. Overall, screen-printing and sublimation printing for your self and doing it yourself is just better for customization and if you have cut and sew products that require some type of logo or print that companies cannot do. We try to make it custom as possible to stand out.

OWNER // AXCIE // AXCIEFACTORY.COM

May 1, 2013 @ 12:14 AM
al dente co.

Distant Light : love that cat design -- maybe on a raglan in black and white or on a hoodie in the back and a simple emblem on the chest for the winter??? 

Heavy Set : Tight Work... very clean 

Lotus : Good Shit.... the last shirt reminds me of a local artist in Miami called Ahol Sniffs Glue... I'm sure you didn't copy him, just reminds me of him.... Those buckets are tight to. 

I'm finishing up my look book... I'll post it next week when I drop my new shirts... 

Been seeing a lot of cool shit.... 

NEWBIES: take the advice given to you and stop trying to justify... take the L and move forward. 

al dente company // aldenteco.com

May 1, 2013 @ 12:38 AM
JStorm803

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

May 1, 2013 @ 01:34 AM
db-lcm

Hey guys, new to the forums so bare with me. But i can't figure out how to upload pics from my phone. So I'm asking u guys to check out our instagram to see some of our designs. Me and my team have been working on this brand for a while now and we should be dropping our first collection some time over the next two months. So if u have the time please check out web.stagram.com/n/leaderofcoolmoons/ and give us some feed back. Thank you
May 1, 2013 @ 03:16 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

NFZ (No Fly Zone) Clothing is a streetwear company that focuses on strong character branding. The designs depict social taboos, or social “No Fly Zones”, that are not talked about.Rather than promote a particular lifestyle or subjective idea, NFZ Clothing aims to capture a certain level of social consciousness through the mediums of strong character branding, bold colors, and simple designs.The goal of NFZ Clothing is not to take a stance on a social issue, but to merely bring it to light. This allows the audience to form their own interpretations and ultimately, use social taboos as a vehicle to share their own viewpoints and connect with each other.

-NFZ Clothing

I think you've got way too many product for a logo-only season. I'd go with around 3 products.

hot water

May 1, 2013 @ 03:18 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Check us out http://instagram.com/superiorconcept
Are Charlie Brown stripes on the right sleeve your trademark? It's cool, to a degree. Gold paisley on the sleeves are pretty cool, too.

hot water

May 1, 2013 @ 03:28 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Really interested in Starting a new line, Thieves & Kings. I don't even know how to print clothes(should I find someone to do it for me, or do it myself) what should I invest in, etc. I have some dope designs down. PLEASE HELP ME, Give a beginner some advice.
There's a few options when creating a brand:

1. Printing stuff yourself. You've got to buy or lease your equipment, which is probably out of the question if you're starting up for under a grand or two. A cheaper, and shittier, alternative would be using heat transfer printing, which is essentially using special paper you can find at Walmart and ironing it onto a shirt. Lasts around 15 washes before crackling to the point of it being unwearable, for me, at least.

2. Paying somebody else to print. That's what, from what I've seen, most low to mid scale companies(pretty much every brand on here) do this(If anybody on here prints themselves, please speak up. I'd love to hear all about the process). Find a company you can trust, with prices that leave room for profit. I'd also heavily suggest finding secondary printers and the like that you can trust, in case your primary flakes. Some people sell these sources, but, for the most part, good sources can be found by extensive Googling.

3. Printing on demand. This would include sites like Cafepress, Printfection, Redbubble, Skreened, and so on. These use methods like direct to garment printing to print their designs on, and only print a shirt when it's ordered, meaning no sitting with stagnant inventory. These sites are usually reserved for the casual 'pop culture' shirt such as this one: http://skreened.com/wellthatsjustsuper/i-m-not-saying-i-m-batman These services are, in my opinion, no way to start a brand. You have little control over the printing process, there's no distinct branding, along with some other glaring flaws. I would not recommend it for starting out a clothing brand, rather for an artist trying to make some money on the side from selling funny shirts.

Since I'm apparently writing a small book, I might as well cover shirt blanks. There's no definite answer on shirt blanks, as they're up to target market and your personal preference. There's fitted(FUCT and SSUR) and box cut(HUF) shirts, all organic and synthetic ones. I, personally, like a box cut shirt made out of thick cotton, but you'll probably like something else. The material of the shirt matters as well, as certain printing methods won't work on certain blanks, such as with dye sublimation printing and cotton shirts. I'd highly suggest reading HTSACC's article of shirt blanks here: http://www.howtostartaclothingcompany.com/t-shirt-blanks-how-to-choose-one/

Some more required reading would definitely be Thread's Not Dead: http://threadsnotdead.com/ It covers a good amount of subjects, mostly from the viewpoint of a designer.

Reading back on this, I feel more and more like I just talked out of my ass for 3 paragraphs. If I'm wrong on anything here, somebody please correct me.
We actually do the printing by ourselves. It is not that hard of an process, just takes a good learning strategy and practice actually. We use the screen painting process, for designs up to 2 colors (because of how hard it is) instead of printing onto the shirt directly we make screen painting transfers which we believe is the best because we can create multiple transfers from one "screen" and it is cost effective. For the 2+ Colors we actually have a sublimation printer that prints like a regular printer but uses the same liquid that big companies would use to make their shirts. The equipment we have cost under $1000 together, it is a screen painting machine which cost $320 and the sublimation printer cost $300 and transfers come in around $200 we actually picked up a free heat transfer machine. We looked at all the methods you stated and seemed as if that was the best way for us to customize it and not work around other companies prices. It actually is a better feel for the shirts than when you get another company to print on clothing because a lot of cut and sew products would be hard for other companies to print on so the customization is a HUGE difference and that makes all the difference in the clothing industry now-a-days. My friend and I went to a summer training program for 4 days to learn everything about screen-painting and how it was a good alternative. To remind you, it takes a learning curve to actually do it and it takes a lot of effort and practice, but we are 15 and 16 years old and we learned and there may be people younger than us on this thread but we are probably the youngest as it goes (I turn 15 in 1 month). Thats just what we thought. Overall, screen-printing and sublimation printing for your self and doing it yourself is just better for customization and if you have cut and sew products that require some type of logo or print that companies cannot do. We try to make it custom as possible to stand out.
Thank for speaking up, sounds like a really interesting process. And, yeah, I'm younger than you(turning 15 in 3+ months). 

hot water

May 1, 2013 @ 02:53 PM
repdst

I have been designing a brand called DST to Infinity that focuses on wheatpaste poster art. The brand started out as a poster campaign and i am now starting up a clothing campaign, check it out and let me know what you think!

Heres an image of the latest tee: the "Pasting Scrolls" Tee

http://repdst.com/

Thanks!
DST
May 1, 2013 @ 05:37 PM
hkeys

Released our SS'13 collection last week. Figured I'd put up our look book. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

May 1, 2013 @ 06:21 PM
ieatkr4yonz

-NFZ Clothing

I think you've got way too many product for a logo-only season. I'd go with around 3 products.
Hey appreciate the feedback. When printing these, it comes out to be 3 products because its basically 3 sets of screens on different mediums. I had some other designs that I was hoping you could critique for me? I wanted to make 2 distinct characters like Mishka's Death Adder/Bear Mop or a Bape's Generals/Milo:

A 808 & Heartbreak inspired Zombie and Robot Heart Design

Rock 'em Sock 'em - Inspired by the tension between North/South Korea

Fat Man, Lil' Boy - Inspired by the events of Hiroshima/Nagasaki

Zombie and Robot Logos

Any feedback would be appreciated
May 1, 2013 @ 06:29 PM
killuhdrew

in my hood! dope
May 1, 2013 @ 06:31 PM
segagenesis

May 1, 2013 @ 06:51 PM
hkeys

in my hood! dope
Oh yeah you're from Tampa? That's tight man.

May 1, 2013 @ 07:02 PM
wcfrontrvnners

always good presentation, you guys never seem to disappoint. what camera do you use, if you dont mind me asking?

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

May 1, 2013 @ 07:17 PM
wcfrontrvnners

Some sample hats I just got done from a new source. First time doing all around embroidery. For the final product I'm going to make the strap on the red hat darker and add our motto in the inside like the black hat. Lmk what y'all think

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

May 1, 2013 @ 07:29 PM
hkeys

My buddies film camera, not sure what he shoots with. 

May 1, 2013 @ 07:33 PM
lstplcwnr

I need a good quality light weight shirt to print on... What am I looking to buy? 

insta/twitter/tumblr/cargo: sihalanick

May 1, 2013 @ 09:11 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

-NFZ Clothing

Hey appreciate the feedback. When printing these, it comes out to be 3 products because its basically 3 sets of screens on different mediums. I had some other designs that I was hoping you could critique for me? I wanted to make 2 distinct characters like Mishka's Death Adder/Bear Mop or a Bape's Generals/Milo:

A 808 & Heartbreak inspired Zombie and Robot Heart Design

Rock 'em Sock 'em - Inspired by the tension between North/South Korea

Fat Man, Lil' Boy - Inspired by the events of Hiroshima/Nagasaki

Zombie and Robot Logos

Any feedback would be appreciated
Reminds me of Neff

hot water

May 1, 2013 @ 10:30 PM
Metsys©

I have been designing a brand called DST to Infinity that focuses on wheatpaste poster art. The brand started out as a poster campaign and i am now starting up a clothing campaign, check it out and let me know what you think!

Heres an image of the latest tee: the "Pasting Scrolls" Tee

http://repdst.com/

Thanks!
DST
Damn man i looked at your products, portfolio , all that , you've got talent 

systemusa.co

May 1, 2013 @ 10:37 PM
Danny

Duck canvas 
May 1, 2013 @ 11:01 PM
chads

@hkeys The lookbook is super dope and the collection came out really good as well!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.