April 28, 2013 @ 02:00 PM
edreyscultrue

Where is the street wear/high end section?
April 28, 2013 @ 02:07 PM
edreyscultrue

I am looking for feedback for a line a just started. Check out http://edreyscultrue.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think.
April 28, 2013 @ 03:42 PM
scottmcl

Supreme, alcohol, and weed = swag

To be honest. After seeing either the fake or real "coke" being made in the kitchen I didn't want to watch the video anymore.
Making a connection between those items and your clothes makes no sense.
Are you promoting drugs or your clothes
If you say you are promoting a lifestyle than you just singled out a number of people who can't relate or don't like drugs.

You sound like a educated or possibly mature individual to hold those opinions on drugs, so I explain to you the over extended metaphor we used to articulate the cut throat strive we carry to reach our goals and succeed. The fact that we are preparing "fake" drugs does not imply we ourselves idolize the USE of drugs but rather the SALE and the many aspects to pushing weight. The BUSINESS mentality of coming from nothing and creating an empire. How many rappers/artist do people idolize that claim to have came up by selling rocks? Someone also mentioned our "hipster" infinity logo when only a narrow minded individual would forgo to see the symbolism in an infinity symbol. We as humans are infinite, limitless and perfect. GODS if you will. The brand has great depth that will be shown more in coming collections, but we figured when we made the video most people wouldnt understand alot of the deeper meaning. Narrow minds form bad opinions. Lions dont lose sleep over the opinion of sheep. Elevate your thinking young gods.
Jesus christ they're just t-shirts
April 28, 2013 @ 05:38 PM
minsct

Releasing our Summer Part 1 line tonight at 6pm PST. Going to be having a bunch of releases throughout the summer. Keep locked.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

April 28, 2013 @ 05:56 PM
kumasiii

^@minsct is that release tanks only? the second/third design is really hard but i don't really fuck with tank tops
April 28, 2013 @ 06:20 PM
minsct

^@minsct is that release tanks only? the second/third design is really hard but i don't really fuck with tank tops
Tanks only. Next release will consist of some duffel bags and some other pieces we have yet to try.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

April 28, 2013 @ 06:24 PM
reggendary

Releasing our Summer Part 1 line tonight at 6pm PST. Going to be having a bunch of releases throughout the summer. Keep locked.

id buy it all, honestly really dope shit

Feeling like Bishop from Juice

April 28, 2013 @ 08:34 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

NOISEVSUMMER2k13
just wondering, have you gotten more traffic on your website since tyler rocked your shit on stage?
no, but that's bc i never really pushed it out there as marketing, it was just something that was really cool to me personally. i just shared it on my personal instagram, and posted screencaps here, and on noisev's tumblr.

there was no actual quality photo of it that was getting around.

EDIT: I just found some decent photos and posted them on our blog. Maybe this will get us more traffic? If not, no big.
Ever since I posted the higher quality photos of Tyler we haven't gotten too much traffic, but since then, Phil from Dertbag dropped by our page with a message. That was pretty cool.

I just updated our blog/site as well
Your site needs to give the option of seeing a much larger picture of the product.

hot water

April 28, 2013 @ 09:51 PM
commonlyused

great work guys smile

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.commonlyusedlife.com

April 28, 2013 @ 10:09 PM
reggendary

i know you guys seen ronin division and they've been doing their thing for awhile now

but check this brand out and tell me what do you see?

http://equipped.bigcartel.com/

original : http://www.ronindivision.com/
dude wtf, but what doesn't add up is they aren't selling the shit for more money, so why copy everything

April 28, 2013 @ 10:48 PM
tuesdaygirlfriend

NOISEVSUMMER2k13
just wondering, have you gotten more traffic on your website since tyler rocked your shit on stage?
no, but that's bc i never really pushed it out there as marketing, it was just something that was really cool to me personally. i just shared it on my personal instagram, and posted screencaps here, and on noisev's tumblr.

EDIT: I just found some decent photos and posted them on our blog. Maybe this will get us more traffic? If not, no big.
Ever since I posted the higher quality photos of Tyler we haven't gotten too much traffic, but since then, Phil from Dertbag dropped by our page with a message. That was pretty cool.

Your site needs to give the option of seeing a much larger picture of the product.
CLICK THE IMAGE AND IT WILL
April 29, 2013 @ 01:33 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

NOISEVSUMMER2k13

CLICK THE IMAGE AND IT WILL
I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE COMING SOON ONES THEY JUST REDIRECT TO YOUR TUMBLR WHICH IS KINDA LAME

hot water

April 29, 2013 @ 02:47 AM
KD187

To be honest. After seeing either the fake or real "coke" being made in the kitchen I didn't want to watch the video anymore.
If you say you are promoting a lifestyle than you just singled out a number of people who can't relate or don't like drugs.

You sound like a educated or possibly mature individual to hold those opinions on drugs, so I explain to you the over extended metaphor we used to articulate the cut throat strive we carry to reach our goals and succeed. The fact that we are preparing "fake" drugs does not imply we ourselves idolize the USE of drugs but rather the SALE and the many aspects to pushing weight. The BUSINESS mentality of coming from nothing and creating an empire. How many rappers/artist do people idolize that claim to have came up by selling rocks? Someone also mentioned our "hipster" infinity logo when only a narrow minded individual would forgo to see the symbolism in an infinity symbol. We as humans are infinite, limitless and perfect. GODS if you will. The brand has great depth that will be shown more in coming collections, but we figured when we made the video most people wouldnt understand alot of the deeper meaning. Narrow minds form bad opinions. Lions dont lose sleep over the opinion of sheep. Elevate your thinking young gods.
You're coming off as corny and a little condescending. First off, your explanation for the drug metaphor is a reach to be honest. Realistically most customers aren't going to sit down and try to analyze your metaphor, it's not like you're a big brand so it's not worth their time. Do something different to promote your clothes via a video lookbook because creating fake drugs, sipping 40s and wearing supreme just ends up making your video look like a tumblr production lol. If you want people to understand your symbolism, YOU have to define it for them and actually tell what the lifestyle is. No one is going to look at your shit and say "Gee wilikers, their clothing represents the infinite nature of humans". Don't act like you're some high thinking designer when your ideas/concepts are recycled ideas that you didn't even bother to define for your audience. "Narrow minds form bad opinions. Lions dont lose sleep over the opinion of sheep. Elevate your thinking young gods." Fuck outta here with that pretending-to-be-deep-but-not-really nonsense. None of your stuff even remotely provokes the thought of higher thinking. Elevate your product bro.
Well aren't you clever. You have some really good points on consumerism, but the tumblr production your talking about is a critical marketing concept that has been extremely beneficial via $ALE$. Its the same idea that all upcoming hiphop artist happen to be wearing either : 10deep, supreme, the hundreds, blackscale, diamond ect. because subconsciously or consciously it provokes the person to consume that image. Of course its only obvious you need to promote your own image and meaning behind your brand but when your dropping your first collection like us here at VLS this allows us to enter the industry more highly regarded by CUSTOMERS/CONSUMERS and viewed just as highly as the brands we appear next to, hence why you see like 5 supreme caps in one frame and more supreme beanies on the couches lmao. Our brand carries a very conscious ora and encourages self enlightenment and freedom from mental slavery which will be executed more in the coming collections. For this video frankly deadlines were not met, production fell behind, and the video suffered because of that. Stick around though you have some good criticism and our brands only getting better , "creating every master piece better than our last release".
April 29, 2013 @ 03:12 AM
kumasiii

You're coming off as corny and a little condescending. First off, your explanation for the drug metaphor is a reach to be honest. Realistically most customers aren't going to sit down and try to analyze your metaphor, it's not like you're a big brand so it's not worth their time. Do something different to promote your clothes via a video lookbook because creating fake drugs, sipping 40s and wearing supreme just ends up making your video look like a tumblr production lol. If you want people to understand your symbolism, YOU have to define it for them and actually tell what the lifestyle is. No one is going to look at your shit and say "Gee wilikers, their clothing represents the infinite nature of humans". Don't act like you're some high thinking designer when your ideas/concepts are recycled ideas that you didn't even bother to define for your audience. "Narrow minds form bad opinions. Lions dont lose sleep over the opinion of sheep. Elevate your thinking young gods." Fuck outta here with that pretending-to-be-deep-but-not-really nonsense. None of your stuff even remotely provokes the thought of higher thinking. Elevate your product bro.
Well aren't you clever. You have some really good points on consumerism, but the tumblr production your talking about is a critical marketing concept that has been extremely beneficial via $ALE$. Its the same idea that all upcoming hiphop artist happen to be wearing either : 10deep, supreme, the hundreds, blackscale, diamond ect. because subconsciously or consciously it provokes the person to consume that image. Of course its only obvious you need to promote your own image and meaning behind your brand but when your dropping your first collection like us here at VLS this allows us to enter the industry more highly regarded by CUSTOMERS/CONSUMERS and viewed just as highly as the brands we appear next to, hence why you see like 5 supreme caps in one frame and more supreme beanies on the couches lmao. Our brand carries a very conscious ora and encourages self enlightenment and freedom from mental slavery which will be executed more in the coming collections. For this video frankly deadlines were not met, production fell behind, and the video suffered because of that. Stick around though you have some good criticism and our brands only getting better , "creating every master piece better than our last release".
putting supreme in your lookbook doesn't make people regard you as highly as them, it makes you look like you're trying to ride the wave and compensate for poor quality product

stop being so butt hurt, take the criticism people are giving you and move on
April 29, 2013 @ 04:00 AM
reggendary

putting supreme in your lookbook doesn't make people regard you as highly as them, it makes you look like you're trying to ride the wave and compensate for poor quality product

I really don't think it makes a difference, where can i look at your shit and the lookbook video anyway

April 29, 2013 @ 05:31 AM
KD187

I really don't think it makes a difference, where can i look at your shit and the lookbook video anyway
http://valuescult.bigcartel.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Hyin7BgIg
April 29, 2013 @ 07:14 AM
April 29, 2013 @ 07:38 AM
rare1

Video has little value (no pun intended). Rocking supreme has nothing to do with your brand identity or your products.

SPEC MIL - RARE1
ONE OF A KIND
49° 15'N 123° 6W
RARE1 CLOTHING CO
EXECUTED WITH PRIDE
#rareoneofakind
April 29, 2013 @ 10:47 AM
kumasiii

Video has little value (no pun intended). Rocking supreme has nothing to do with your brand identity or your products.

SPEC MIL - RARE1
ONE OF A KIND
49° 15'N 123° 6W
RARE1 CLOTHING CO
EXECUTED WITH PRIDE
#rareoneofakind
it actually has a lot to do with brand identity tbh

@lotusapparel did ONLY use the same fabric as the last tee for a bucket hat, or just something similar? noticed it in the discussion thread yesterday, not trying to rip on yall just curious

April 29, 2013 @ 01:26 PM
AreteBrand

No, upcoming hiphop artists are doing something different now. They're bringing back the roots of the game, while putting their own twist on it and making it refreshing. All those brands you listed created their own method/style and that's something you should look at when trying to market your brand. They've built their image over the past years/decades to a point where x brand is synonymous with y. If you place your brand with supreme hats scattered all over the video, most people will just focus on the supreme instead of your brand. The whole point of a lookbook video is to show off YOUR product, and in that scene with everyone on the couch? Pretty sure that there was no clear shot of your infinity logo tee. Make your product stand out instead of coming up with a detailed paragraph of gibberish trying to explain your company. Every brand's goal is to create a better product with each collection, make it your goal to set the bar for other brands.

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

April 29, 2013 @ 06:03 PM
HEAVYSET

Heavyset SS13 Collection now available 
http://weareheavyset.com/collections/ss13 

Lookbook photo and video: http://weareheavyset.com/pages/collection

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

April 29, 2013 @ 09:35 PM
Metsys©

Damn, this shit is dope

systemnj.com | Supplying the masses

April 29, 2013 @ 09:43 PM
Metsys©

April 29, 2013 @ 10:13 PM
April 29, 2013 @ 10:58 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Heavyset SS13 Collection now available 
http://weareheavyset.com/collections/ss13 

Lookbook photo and video: http://weareheavyset.com/pages/collection

paisley tee nice

hot water

April 29, 2013 @ 11:27 PM
pestymadman

Really interested in Starting a new line, Thieves & Kings. I don't even know how to print clothes(should I find someone to do it for me, or do it myself) what should I invest in, etc. I have some dope designs down. PLEASE HELP ME, Give a beginner some advice.
April 30, 2013 @ 12:47 AM
Metsys©

Really interested in Starting a new line, Thieves & Kings. I don't even know how to print clothes(should I find someone to do it for me, or do it myself) what should I invest in, etc. I have some dope designs down. PLEASE HELP ME, Give a beginner some advice.
Stay away form "kings" lol trust me , change the name or if you really like it , like genuinely like it, then do something wit the "thieves"

April 30, 2013 @ 04:00 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

There's a few options when creating a brand:

1. Printing stuff yourself. You've got to buy or lease your equipment, which is probably out of the question if you're starting up for under a grand or two. A cheaper, and shittier, alternative would be using heat transfer printing, which is essentially using special paper you can find at Walmart and ironing it onto a shirt. Lasts around 15 washes before crackling to the point of it being unwearable, for me, at least.

2. Paying somebody else to print. That's what, from what I've seen, most low to mid scale companies(pretty much every brand on here) do this(If anybody on here prints themselves, please speak up. I'd love to hear all about the process). Find a company you can trust, with prices that leave room for profit. I'd also heavily suggest finding secondary printers and the like that you can trust, in case your primary flakes. Some people sell these sources, but, for the most part, good sources can be found by extensive Googling.

3. Printing on demand. This would include sites like Cafepress, Printfection, Redbubble, Skreened, and so on. These use methods like direct to garment printing to print their designs on, and only print a shirt when it's ordered, meaning no sitting with stagnant inventory. These sites are usually reserved for the casual 'pop culture' shirt such as this one: http://skreened.com/wellthatsjustsuper/i-m-not-saying-i-m-batman These services are, in my opinion, no way to start a brand. You have little control over the printing process, there's no distinct branding, along with some other glaring flaws. I would not recommend it for starting out a clothing brand, rather for an artist trying to make some money on the side from selling funny shirts.

Since I'm apparently writing a small book, I might as well cover shirt blanks. There's no definite answer on shirt blanks, as they're up to target market and your personal preference. There's fitted(FUCT and SSUR) and box cut(HUF) shirts, all organic and synthetic ones. I, personally, like a box cut shirt made out of thick cotton, but you'll probably like something else. The material of the shirt matters as well, as certain printing methods won't work on certain blanks, such as with dye sublimation printing and cotton shirts. I'd highly suggest reading HTSACC's article of shirt blanks here: http://www.howtostartaclothingcompany.com/t-shirt-blanks-how-to-choose-one/

Some more required reading would definitely be Thread's Not Dead: http://threadsnotdead.com/ It covers a good amount of subjects, mostly from the viewpoint of a designer.

Reading back on this, I feel more and more like I just talked out of my ass for 3 paragraphs. If I'm wrong on anything here, somebody please correct me.

hot water

April 30, 2013 @ 04:44 AM
oath-

first thing i think of is crooks and castles because it basically is the same concept.
April 30, 2013 @ 05:36 AM
hkeys

There's a few options when creating a brand:

1. Printing stuff yourself. You've got to buy or lease your equipment, which is probably out of the question if you're starting up for under a grand or two. A cheaper, and shittier, alternative would be using heat transfer printing, which is essentially using special paper you can find at Walmart and ironing it onto a shirt. Lasts around 15 washes before crackling to the point of it being unwearable, for me, at least.

2. Paying somebody else to print. That's what, from what I've seen, most low to mid scale companies(pretty much every brand on here) do this(If anybody on here prints themselves, please speak up. I'd love to hear all about the process). Find a company you can trust, with prices that leave room for profit. I'd also heavily suggest finding secondary printers and the like that you can trust, in case your primary flakes. Some people sell these sources, but, for the most part, good sources can be found by extensive Googling.

3. Printing on demand. This would include sites like Cafepress, Printfection, Redbubble, Skreened, and so on. These use methods like direct to garment printing to print their designs on, and only print a shirt when it's ordered, meaning no sitting with stagnant inventory. These sites are usually reserved for the casual 'pop culture' shirt such as this one: http://skreened.com/wellthatsjustsuper/i-m-not-saying-i-m-batman These services are, in my opinion, no way to start a brand. You have little control over the printing process, there's no distinct branding, along with some other glaring flaws. I would not recommend it for starting out a clothing brand, rather for an artist trying to make some money on the side from selling funny shirts.

Since I'm apparently writing a small book, I might as well cover shirt blanks. There's no definite answer on shirt blanks, as they're up to target market and your personal preference. There's fitted(FUCT and SSUR) and box cut(HUF) shirts, all organic and synthetic ones. I, personally, like a box cut shirt made out of thick cotton, but you'll probably like something else. The material of the shirt matters as well, as certain printing methods won't work on certain blanks, such as with dye sublimation printing and cotton shirts. I'd highly suggest reading HTSACC's article of shirt blanks here: http://www.howtostartaclothingcompany.com/t-shirt-blanks-how-to-choose-one/

Some more required reading would definitely be Thread's Not Dead: http://threadsnotdead.com/ It covers a good amount of subjects, mostly from the viewpoint of a designer.

Reading back on this, I feel more and more like I just talked out of my ass for 3 paragraphs. If I'm wrong on anything here, somebody please correct me.
Nah man these are solid points. I will suggest to just do as much research as possible...there's even a couple books. I actually have this one and even though I knew most of the information before the read it was just to learn even more and for fun. Certainly check it out.

http://www.t-shirtmagazineonline.com/how-to-start-tshirt-business/

http://thedividedminds.com/

Please login first to reply.