Starting a New Line/Brand Feedback Thread

March 14, 2012 @ 21:46:11
^originality? how is your mint green any different from diamond's tiffany colorway....? the colorway you used on your shirts looks nearly identical to the one diamond kind of patents its brand off of. it does look more "mint" green on your avy though. i think you should ditch the whole idea of trying to get known for a specific colorway you do, especially one that has basically already been done. not trying to bash, just being honest.

edit: yeah agree with kim jong
^originality? how is your mint green any different from diamond's tiffany colorway....? the colorway you used on your shirts looks nearly identical to the one diamond kind of patents its brand off of. it does look more "mint" green on your avy though. i think you should ditch the whole idea of trying to get known for a specific colorway you do, especially one that has basically already been done. not trying to bash, just being honest.

edit: yeah agree with kim jong

Diamond is known for Tiffany blue, you know since it did the collab with tiffany and co. this is a shade of green, may be similar but it is different color, we aren't basing the whole brand around the color we just want to be known for using that color, since we are 'mint' we try to keep our mint green color.
March 14, 2012 @ 21:59:47
Just got these in for our spring line and the stickers gonna be a good season.
http://store.thedividedminds.com/

March 14, 2012 @ 22:30:53
Originally posted by Inactive User
Though it's not a clothing line, La Mash is the name of my design studio, as well as the creative entity I work under. The credo is simply "Life in the Pursuit of Cool Shit." A spectrum of artistic and musical genres, riders, bombers, lowlifes, and wild children alike.

I'd gladly mail out a couple stickers to whoever digs the La Mash state of mind and would like to throw them up in their local area. I always look forward to building with new fam, please feel free to link up.

The sticker is a diecut silhouette of the La Mash "Bomber" logo/mascot, as seen below:

Much respect to all those building their foundation in here.

Hook it up! Everyone should have cool stickers like this man... Forreal. Should I PM you my address?

insta: sihalanick

March 14, 2012 @ 23:06:25
FRESH! Cant wait to see more

SEND ME SOME STICKERS!!

Thanks duke, PM me your address and I'll send some your way.

LA MASH: That's some seriously tight style. Lovin the graphic! How about I bomb some around Hong Kong fer ya haha :D

Absolutely! PM me your address so I can mail some out.

Lamash those stickers are dopee btw!! did you make the graphic yourself??

Thanks Ryder. Yes, I design all of my own pieces. I have a brief portfolio here, as well as other odds and ends on my blog.

Hook it up! Everyone should have cool stickers like this man... Forreal. Should I PM you my address?

No problem, PM me with the address so I can ship a few out!

Much thanks to all of you for showing support. On a related note, I've been flirting for months with the idea of producing limited-run products, with a tee as the initial kickoff. If the interest was there, I would love to have some logo tees available. Though I can easily see the problems of a small brand with little brand recognition offering up a logo tee... I'd hate to see that release simply fall flat. In the meantime, I do have a small run of button packs on hand (as seen in the picture in my original post).

www.justinungar.com

March 14, 2012 @ 23:30:56
'Mint''s font reminds me of Stussy's font..... kinda. I suggest you change it just a little.
'Mint''s font reminds me of Stussy's font..... kinda. I suggest you change it just a little.

see i've had a couple people tell me this but no one ever gexplained it, im guessing because we have a t? you can really say it looks like stussy because stussy is more sharp, this logo is free flowing if im not correct? and stussy also has the two dots for the u but we have a dot for the i and people say that also, so if you could explain more in detail without just saying. thanks blushing

Cousin, look at the shape of your brush, the brush's width and the density of the lettering and tell me it ain't stussy.

Saying that they are both cursive is the lame cop out of an excuse, and shows that you indeed lack that spatial artistic eye that originality takes.

Also maybe add some more gray to your mint green, or any color really- looks mighty dmnd
March 14, 2012 @ 23:44:47
Really dig your stickers La mash, sent a PM.
March 15, 2012 @ 01:17:21
Where can I get a good duck camo fabric? I have been looking all over and have found nothing. Somebody help me out?
March 15, 2012 @ 01:18:16

What do you all think of this fabric?
March 15, 2012 @ 01:48:18

see i've had a couple people tell me this but no one ever explained it, im guessing because we have a t? you can really say it looks like stussy because stussy is more sharp, this logo is free flowing if im not correct? and stussy also has the two dots for the u but we have a dot for the i and people say that also, so if you could explain more in detail without just saying. thanks blushing

If you don't think these look almost exactly the same, you're buggin.

March 15, 2012 @ 02:23:56
2 More Days till our new drop!
Lifted Mind & City crew, Available online Fri (3/16) 12:00am PST; gg.
GoodGame Est.2011

:::What's Your Game?:::
March 15, 2012 @ 03:00:12
2 More Days till our new drop!
Lifted Mind & City crew, Available online Fri (3/16) 12:00am PST; gg.
GoodGame Est.2011

Looks good.
March 15, 2012 @ 03:01:22

see i've had a couple people tell me this but no one ever explained it, im guessing because we have a t? you can really say it looks like stussy because stussy is more sharp, this logo is free flowing if im not correct? and stussy also has the two dots for the u but we have a dot for the i and people say that also, so if you could explain more in detail without just saying. thanks blushing

If you don't think these look almost exactly the same, you're buggin.

It really does look similar to Stussy.
March 15, 2012 @ 03:18:47
those La Mash stickers are really ill. Remind me of Japanese Cartoon.
March 15, 2012 @ 03:24:26
if thats what you guys think than alright.
March 15, 2012 @ 03:25:33
Though it's not a clothing line, La Mash is the name of my design studio, as well as the creative entity I work under. The credo is simply "Life in the Pursuit of Cool Shit." A spectrum of artistic and musical genres, riders, bombers, lowlifes, and wild children alike.

I'd gladly mail out a couple stickers to whoever digs the La Mash state of mind and would like to throw them up in their local area. I always look forward to building with new fam, please feel free to link up.

The sticker is a diecut silhouette of the La Mash "Bomber" logo/mascot, as seen below:

Much respect to all those building their foundation in here.

Yoooo those are dope.
much love from tokyo

ICNOCLST

March 15, 2012 @ 03:53:29
Looks good.

Thanks for the love bro! Here is a clearer image of the new drop.

City crew; Repping from the Bay to LA.

Lifted Mind crew

GoodGame Est.2011
March 15, 2012 @ 03:57:58
Thanks duke, PM me your address and I'll send some your way.

Defs gonna Pm you, i'd slap one of those badboys on my macbook for suree

Depends on what you're using it for.

edmflavor.com

March 15, 2012 @ 04:10:48

for what? that shit is trending so hard right now. be more original cmonnnnn
March 15, 2012 @ 04:40:46
Yoooo those are dope.
much love from tokyo

Thanks! Gotta say I'm jealous of your location, haha. Would love to make it out to Tokyo someday.

Yezzir, I'll keep an eye out for it. That would be dope! I rock mine on the back of my car. They're UV laminated, guaranteed bright and shiny up to 5 years out in the elements. These little Bombers are gonna be around for a good while.

www.justinungar.com

March 15, 2012 @ 05:15:59
Feeling those stickers La Mash! Send some over my way..
March 15, 2012 @ 06:07:39
I can dig Mint. product is clean. Keep it up. Diamond never did a collaboration with Tiffany & Co did they?
I thought Tiffany & Co. Threatened to have legal action against Diamond because they used the term Tiffany blue on their product which is why Nick calls it Diamond Blue now to avoid any trouble. Apparently Tiffany & Co. has a patent or whatever for that color which unsurprisingly is called Tiffany Blue.

est. mcmxcii

March 15, 2012 @ 06:27:18
Those stickers are too dope la mash..

IG: @honglzhou

March 15, 2012 @ 06:32:42
I can dig Mint. product is clean. Keep it up. Diamond never did a collaboration with Tiffany & Co did they?
I thought Tiffany & Co. Threatened to have legal action against Diamond because they used the term Tiffany blue on their product which is why Nick calls it Diamond Blue now to avoid any trouble. Apparently Tiffany & Co. has a patent or whatever for that color which unsurprisingly is called Tiffany Blue.

Tiffany Nike SBs exist, so yes Diamond and Co did collaborate with Tiffany & Co.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

March 15, 2012 @ 06:35:26

Yezzir, I'll keep an eye out for it. That would be dope! I rock mine on the back of my car. They're UV laminated, guaranteed bright and shiny up to 5 years out in the elements. These little Bombers are gonna be around for a good while.

Oh thats tight. How much did you pay per sticker? I got some 2"x5" diecut ones made up last fall and paid around $0.40 a sticker. but i just found a new place that can make me 500 die cut stickers full color for $60 so im gonna order some more soon.

edmflavor.com

March 15, 2012 @ 06:50:13

Thanks man
March 15, 2012 @ 11:30:52

Hahaha really? The way you explained your justifications is like saying "I don't know why people are comparing my burgers with McDonald's. Their lettuce is shredded and ours isn't."

What I'm saying is you're looking at the comparisons at the microscopic details. The reason everyone seems to suggest they look similar is because both typographic logos are done in a distinct stylization that's similar to each other. There's other script styles out there but what you and Stussy did both look freehanded and very narrow. It could be a coincidence or it couldn't be. Everyone is just pointing it out.

Just lettin you know I'm not raggin on you if it seems that way.
March 15, 2012 @ 12:38:15
yeah i'm sure it was a total coincidence but both those logos are very similar...the dots, the T....stuff does look clean though

www.shoplgnds.com | LGNDS NEVER DIE!

March 15, 2012 @ 14:51:49

The 1st one
Easier to read and doesn't look to smashed up

Cheers vega_box, that's the one I was leaning towards.

Stroke size needs to be a little thicker. Both are difficult to read.
i thought it said "The Department" lol

Any better?

Still Kicking.

March 15, 2012 @ 14:55:01
La Mash those stickers are dope. Give me a shout if you want some tagged around London.

Still Kicking.

March 15, 2012 @ 16:24:24

Cheers vega_box, that's the one I was leaning towards.

Stroke size needs to be a little thicker. Both are difficult to read.
i thought it said "The Department" lol

Any better?

Way better.

Kinda reminds me of the Hundreds and Diamond collab over the summer hah

edmflavor.com

This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.
x