April 3, 2013 @ 06:59 PM
roscoegrand

Officially working on some womens garments.

Decided to come up with a "high end" looking logo for this line. It will be a mix of high end and streetwear.

also a side note to the guy paying $12+ for new era hats blanks, you are paying to much.
Do you think the B with the dollar bar going through it feels like authentic high-end and luxury branding?
I don't know if that's what you're going for, but to me that doesn't seem to be what high-end brands do...
And the bar isn't centered in your letter, is that a stylistic feature or a design error?
April 3, 2013 @ 07:13 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Decided to come up with a "high end" looking logo for this line. It will be a mix of high end and streetwear.

also a side note to the guy paying $12+ for new era hats blanks, you are paying to much.
Do you think the B with the dollar bar going through it feels like authentic high-end and luxury branding?
I don't know if that's what you're going for, but to me that doesn't seem to be what high-end brands do...
And the bar isn't centered in your letter, is that a stylistic feature or a design error?

Yes
What I wanted to do was create a simple logo. Something like how D&B, LV, And CC all have acronym logos.
So took a universal symbal of money and mixed it with the B to create it. Rather then using BBC which would probably get mixed up with other brands.
The Bar is centered. It's just that B letter itself isn't really equal on both sides anyway because the top of the B is shorter then the lower half. I kept looking at it myself but I used a grid to center it.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

April 3, 2013 @ 07:21 PM
roscoegrand

Yes
What I wanted to do was create a simple logo. Something like how D&B, LV, And CC all have acronym logos.
So took a universal symbal of money and mixed it with the B to create it. Rather then using BBC which would probably get mixed up with other brands.
The Bar is centered. It's just that B letter itself isn't really equal on both sides anyway because the top of the B is shorter then the lower half. I kept looking at it myself but I used a grid to center it.
I can't image LV using a dollar sign in their logo, it's hard to believe it would appeal to their true customers. As for the centering issue, I was talking about the bar sticking out a lot more at the bottom. It looks kinda weird to me.
April 3, 2013 @ 07:30 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I never said I wanted to to be directly like LV, I just used the same acronym system sort of.
That's hwy i said a mix between high end and streetwear. When you see the pieces it may be more appealing. Ladies clothing can be a hit or miss but from the ones I have spoken with who have seen the samples they really liked them.
I'm not going directly for the LV market but those females who wear this without being a copy cat

Believe me a lot of thought went and research went into this.

But yeah the was on purpose with the dollar bar.

April 3, 2013 @ 07:30 PM
karakter1

most of the time when people use these types of designs...they use a series of cities...London/ Paris/ Tokyo/ New York......you got a couple of cities..and then just threw a whole COUNTRY in there...what is the conection.
April 3, 2013 @ 07:47 PM
Broken Bank Clo

most of the time when people use these types of designs...they use a series of cities...London/ Paris/ Tokyo/ New York......you got a couple of cities..and then just threw a whole COUNTRY in there...what is the conection.

lol AHH YES. I was waiting fomr someone to ask this qustion.
I used Sweden because it directly goes with Banking. I don't want to make a complex answer but basically Swedish bank accounts is where that idea came from (place to keep money without it being accounted for). New York because of the stock exchange, failed banks and so forth. San Diego because that's where I stay and it's a good place to spend money.
That's not set in stone but I want to get that point across. I'm sure some won't get it right away but I couldn't think of any other way to get that across without it being a cut and paste idea

April 3, 2013 @ 08:23 PM
alisanity

I thought most people put those cities under their brand because that is where their shops are located. Not because they represent something. Interesting, I may have to look into that next time I see a series of cities posted somewhere. 

"See Differently"

April 3, 2013 @ 08:40 PM
jaemz

April 3, 2013 @ 08:43 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I don't know about other clothing lines but i wanted mine to mean something.  And not just throw cities out there like other brands do

April 3, 2013 @ 08:45 PM
Broken Bank Clo

In this industry you will more then likely find something, that may look the same.
But that doesn't mean you scrape the idea.
Mine doesn't look like that at all though...

April 3, 2013 @ 09:02 PM
hkeys

Our first collection of hats dropping with our Spring/Summer release. Pretty simple and basic. Navy and black snapbacks and grey and khaki 5 panels. 

not my cup of tea, but these are far from horrible. I like them a lot, i just don't wear hats like this. *thumbs up*
Thanks Eric, what kind of hats do you wear? Wanted to stray away from the big obnoxious embroidered words and keep it simple and clean. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

April 3, 2013 @ 09:07 PM
hkeys

Divided - I like the 5 panels, simple and clean for summer bbq's. I don't wear snapbacks so the other ones are meh for me. Good luck with the brand.
Thanks man. Yeah I don't really wear snapbacks anymore, but I like what we were able to do with the patch and the black one is actually a lighter poly/cotton blend, so it has the old school feel to it. The 5 panels are pretty solid too, even though a lot of brands are using those blank caps they do fit well and the structure isn't floppy or shitty feeling. Would like to do some more manufacturing for upcoming releases but I think this is a good start for hats. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

April 3, 2013 @ 09:57 PM
HWYS - Joey

Usually when brands put a city's name on their garments is because they either have a shop or have an outlet on that city. So the whole banking/spending money thing seems kinda noobish. Just my worthless 2 cents.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

April 3, 2013 @ 11:34 PM
southfame

HEY GUYS JUST HALF OF SOME OF THE STUFF I'VE BIN WORKING ON ACTUALLY I STILL WORKING ON SOME GOT A LOT OF IMPROVEMENTS  TO MAKE STILL ON A FEW AND SEEING THAT COLOR SEPARATION IS A BITCH TO A NEWCOMER LOL......LIKE IF YUH SEE ANYTHING YUH DON'T LIKE
(TIPS,INSIGHTS,IDEAS,IMPROVEMENTS,COLOR CHANGES,INFO,ANYTHING WOULD HELP)
THANK AGAIN....Y'ALL

http://southfame.com/

April 3, 2013 @ 11:36 PM
phreshlondon

Phresh London, Not our first collection but our first drop.

We are working on our first collection which will be 'Summer 2013'. Kind of want feedback on these items.

Thanks smile.

www.phreshlondon.com

April 3, 2013 @ 11:42 PM
al dente co.

Our first collection of hats dropping with our Spring/Summer release. Pretty simple and basic. Navy and black snapbacks and grey and khaki 5 panels. 

not my cup of tea, but these are far from horrible. I like them a lot, i just don't wear hats like this. *thumbs up*
Thanks Eric, what kind of hats do you wear? Wanted to stray away from the big obnoxious embroidered words and keep it simple and clean. 
I'm picky as hell. ha

al dente company // aldenteco.com

April 3, 2013 @ 11:49 PM
chads

HEY GUYS JUST HALF OF SOME OF THE STUFF I'VE BIN WORKING ON ACTUALLY I STILL WORKING ON SOME GOT A LOT OF IMPROVEMENTS  TO MAKE STILL ON A FEW AND SEEING THAT COLOR SEPARATION IS A BITCH TO A NEWCOMER LOL......LIKE IF YUH SEE ANYTHING YUH DON'T LIKE
(TIPS,INSIGHTS,IDEAS,IMPROVEMENTS,COLOR CHANGES,INFO,ANYTHING WOULD HELP)
THANK AGAIN....Y'ALL

Its so uncohesive and has to common theme and doesn't relate to the name at all. I dunno what you're thinking

We are working on our first collection which will be 'Summer 2013'. Kind of want feedback on these items.

Thanks .
Once this all black, gold, money rules everything, foreign language, pyrex trend dies, you will die also

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

April 4, 2013 @ 12:12 AM
chads

We just launched our website within the last year and would love for you to check it out and give us some feedback.  
Thriftyduds.com is an online Thrift Boutique featuring One-of-kind Vintage Clothing inspired by the 80's & 90's era; where hip-hop was fresh and baggy was encouraged.  We love vintage everything, incomparable style, and rare clothing pieces.  
Spread the word, tell your friends, and leave comments/feedback below. >>> #BEEN #VINTAGE

Check us out !!!  >>>  http://www.thriftyduds.com

Not even gonna lie, I fuckin hate 'clothing companies' like these. Literally all you do is go to goodwill and find vintage threads then resell it on a webstore with a crazy markup and sell it for more than it even cost brand new. There is literally no creativity or originality involved in this business. I swear this shit is the new drug dealing.
Really.. You try going to goodwill and find some of these articles of clothing. These sites are great for people who enjoy these clothes and not force to buy all the shitty remakes. The new drug dealing? Might be the top 3 dumbest analogies I've ever heard. Yea the mark up might be a bit high but these items are not as easy to find like you claim.
I go to goodwill on a weekly occasion and have found several vintage pieces that they would definitely love to sell for a 500% markup so its not that hard to find nice vintage threads for much cheaper and its often more fun. The drug dealing was a bit of a joke but dealing, thrifting and reselling and starting a brand are all now somewhat synonymous with kids who don't want to get a job but want quick money.

@chad
i'm sure that they don't claim to be a "clothing company".....simply resell...why the hate?
(if anything, you should hate the markup on your favorite clothing company.....and then hate on THAT resell markup too!)

by the way....starting a resell site is just as "unoriginal and uncreative" as starting your own clothing line....so you got a lot of hating to do in this thread!
I'm sure they don't claim to be a clothing company but after all they are posting in a 'Starting a new line/brand' thread so that implys something. As for the markup, I am a frequent buyer and lover of streetwear so I have no problem with expensive clothes, but the difference is that with these companies I know of their quality and fit and also buy stuff new whereas with this one is paying premium prices for a garment that is previously used.
Lastly, I would have to disagree, starting any brand, even a bad one takes some creativity because one at least has to design the pieces or graphics. Starting a vintage reselling business only requires having a good eye while browsing through goodwill.

Upon actually looking at their website, they have great presentation and good pieces but I'm still not impressed by this current trend.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

April 4, 2013 @ 12:41 AM
thriftyduds

@chad
We would never consider ourselves a clothing line. We are a retailer who specializes in vintage resell.  Our passion is hunting and finding unique gems from the past and making them available for people to enjoy. We are posting on this thread in hopes to increase our exposure to people who might appreciate our products. 

- We very much appreciate you taking the time to checkout our site and your constructive criticism.

@karakter1
Thanks so much for the feedback.  We appreciate the support. 
April 4, 2013 @ 01:47 AM
Metsys©

I got back to the drawing board on a new name for my line, the name "Duzit" is what i came up with, my nickname in highschool has always been "Duzi" anyway, so i thought about just using that but adding a "t" at the end, i've drawn up ALOT of designs since the last time i posted anything on here, I'm still deciding if i should make a logo for it or not.. just an update on my progress

systemnj.com | Supplying the masses

April 4, 2013 @ 02:18 AM
axcie

Hey just wondering, has anyone been able to pick up stockist or is there a method you guys have used to get one? Also has anyone here actually done anything other than shirts such as shoes perhaps? I was thinking about going into the shoe game, a lot of work i know, but the outcome seems tremendous. If anyone wants to work with me PM Me. 

OWNER // AXCIE // AXCIEFACTORY.COM

April 4, 2013 @ 05:23 AM
cityofsavages

Thanks .
Try something more original.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

April 4, 2013 @ 06:28 AM
swefn

[EVENT] FREE GIVEAWAY

Swefn is releasing Floral handmade pocket tees on Sunday April 7th. And to celebrate this drop, we decided to have a free giveaway event. And not like events before, we came up with a different idea that all of our fans and future fans can enjoy together. 

Visit our facebook page for a chance to win this dope handmade Floral Pocket Tshirt from swefn.
https://www.facebook.com/Swefn

swefn

April 4, 2013 @ 06:32 AM
roscoegrand

I never said I wanted to to be directly like LV, I just used the same acronym system sort of.

That's hwy i said a mix between high end and streetwear. When you see the pieces it may be more appealing. Ladies clothing can be a hit or miss but from the ones I have spoken with who have seen the samples they really liked them.

I'm not going directly for the LV market but those females who wear this without being a copy cat

Believe me a lot of thought went and research went into this.

But yeah the was on purpose with the dollar bar.
It's just really not my style or something I would wear.
But hey, if you've done your research and got customers that would really pay for this you go for it.
April 4, 2013 @ 07:36 AM
whittyclothingco

hey guys, would really appreciate some feedback good or bad it doesn't matter! We are skate/street based!

Go on our Instagram for more @whittyclothing 
Change name to Shitty.
Seriously though, that is the most boring pocket tee I've ever seen.
Hey man, The plan was just to go back to basics. It may not be your style but every other company is doing bright prints (florals, camos, etc) we just wanted to create a minimalist style but we will definitely be getting into some 'original' patterns later down the track, thanks for the feedback,  peace man. 
April 4, 2013 @ 09:50 AM
lucidbrand

Preview & snapshots of some upcoming summer 2013 products droping in May.
We are a new brand from Sweden, Lucidbrand.
Follow us on Instagram for updates: @lucidbrand
Feedback please, good/bad we want to hear it.
//Erik

www.lucidbrand.se

April 4, 2013 @ 10:44 AM
whittyclothingco

Preview & snapshots of some upcoming summer 2013 products droping in May.
We are a new brand from Sweden, Lucidbrand.
Follow us on Instagram for updates: @lucidbrand
Feedback please, good/bad we want to hear it.
//Erik
Hey man, tried to go to the website and was mislead into thinking you guys discontinued as the site hasn't been updated since 2011. Really like the pocket tee and shirt as well as the 5 panel but im not really a fan of the white sides. apart from that, pretty good smile
April 4, 2013 @ 12:19 PM
karakter1

@Chad

you are right..it takes some effort to start a brand..shitty or not.

but the whole idea of starting ANOTHER tee brand, is what is unoriginal. just take a look in this thread alone. Its is currently "the new thing to do"....got a drawing?...start a tee brand. Came up with a logo design?..start a tee brand. got an idea to flip some Lux logos? start a tee brand.

the whole concept of making a brand based on a few idea...is unoriginal. 
April 4, 2013 @ 01:27 PM
moderndark

Started my clothing line called Modern Dark last year. We're based in the Philippines and it's the first time I'm introducing my works internationally.

You can visit our page here: http://facebook.com/moderndark
Or visit our instagram account: http://instagram.com/moderndark

We're gonna be setting up a store soon and gonna be fixing a bigcartel site for international orders.

Feedbacks are pretty much appreciated.
April 4, 2013 @ 03:11 PM
HWYS - Joey

Another Black Scale meets Another Enemy meets Twin Column meets blah blah blah...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

Please login first to reply.