Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
April 1, 2013 @ 06:17 AM
itsshawnc

April 1, 2013 @ 07:39 AM
whittyclothingco

Looking for some feedback, so thats the reason for the iphone quality shots. More to come very soon! 
Insta: @whittyclothing
Facebook: www.facebook.com/WhittyClothingCo
This image is straight off the whitty instagram @whittyclothing
April 1, 2013 @ 02:37 PM
isaiah-

This relatively new European based brand Falsehaven is trying to test the waters with international shipping. Right now the only available apparel are caps.. Let us know what you guys think of it!

Site: http://www.flshvn.com/
April 1, 2013 @ 03:28 PM
ericdaniel

Brand: Eric Daniel
IG: @ericdanielcollection
Gmail: ericdanielcollection
www.ericdaniel.bigcartel.com

I put alot of thought and time into this concept so let me know what ya'll think...

ALL COMMENTS and OPINIONS welcomed....LOVE / HATE / Constructive critics...its all good...LET ME HAVE IT

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde instagram: @ericdanielcollection www.ericdaniel.bigcartel.com

April 1, 2013 @ 04:33 PM
hkeys

I put alot of thought and time into this concept so let me know what ya'll think...

ALL COMMENTS and OPINIONS welcomed....LOVE / HATE / Constructive critics...its all good...LET ME HAVE IT

Your brand name is your name? I don't get it. Also, shouldn't the phrase be "than" instead of then?

http://thedividedminds.com/

April 1, 2013 @ 04:38 PM
hkeys

You only have 1 hat and you're charging $55 for it? I get it with all what you did to do it but I mean who's going to buy it? Either you picked the wrong sources and put way too much money into these or you're trying to make way too much off of them. Really doesn't scream "This hat is so dope here's $55 for it". Best of luck man.

April 1, 2013 @ 05:20 PM
trick916

Okay, so I've come to understand that 1301 tees are pretty much good blank tees to start with. Same with the tanks. The Alstyle tanks seem to be a good fit too (unless you can recommend anything better). But any suggestions for raglans? Awhile back, I went to the mall to try on a Diamond raglan and I wasn't really feeling the fit. Felt a little loose (I tried a size Medium, my size). Wasn't sure if Diamond used Alstyle blanks for their raglans as well. But when I went to the local flea market the other day to look at the AAA blanks they sell, I saw some Alstyle-tagged raglans there that looked identical to Diamond's (with the curved cut front, not straight). Any suggestions on any raglans manufacturer that might be better than Alstyle or is Alstyle the best fit so far? Any feedback is appreciated.
Personally like the Alstyle 1334 (raglan) compared to others I have seen/used. I used an Anvil blank which fits nicely, but to me the collar stretched out a bit too much after a couple wears. Pretty sure American Apparel makes raglans but I'm not sure about their specs. 
Thanks for the feedback man. I'll def try to check out some AAA raglan blanks then.
April 1, 2013 @ 05:28 PM
ericdaniel

You only have 1 hat and you're charging $55 for it? I get it with all what you did to do it but I mean who's going to buy it? Either you picked the wrong sources and put way too much money into these or you're trying to make way too much off of them. Really doesn't scream "This hat is so dope here's $55 for it". Best of luck man.

Thanks for the feedback big bro!

I will be the first to admit that I put way to much money into this piece then I should of ...but a majority of the cost was buying an official New Era Snapback...could not find a place where I would be able to buy wholesale.

I put it out knowing I wouldnt make that much profit but at the end of the day I just wanted to put out a dope concept...more so then just making money at this point...thank you for the feedback..I appreciate   u

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde instagram: @ericdanielcollection www.ericdaniel.bigcartel.com

April 1, 2013 @ 05:57 PM
trick916

This relatively new European based brand Falsehaven is trying to test the waters with international shipping. Right now the only available apparel are caps.. Let us know what you guys think of it!

I'm of a fan of black hats like this, but not much of the animal print brim. Just me though, others might like it. But if you don't mind me asking, how are you able to get label/tags into the actual snapback part of the hat? Do you do it yourself or have the hat embroiderer do it for you?

For example..
April 1, 2013 @ 07:46 PM
jaemznugyen

Get a better model. Girls with hats = no. Also, lmao @ the Flights.
April 1, 2013 @ 09:11 PM
hkeys

I'm of a fan of black hats like this, but not much of the animal print brim. Just me though, others might like it. But if you don't mind me asking, how are you able to get label/tags into the actual snapback part of the hat? Do you do it yourself or have the hat embroiderer do it for you?

For example..
The back label isn't hard to do. Just need to pop the seam out and sew it back up your label in it. Same with the inside labels, they aren't too hard. Just got ours back from our uhh idk what to cal her actually Asian lady? Haha she sewed on the patches and front labels for our hats. 

April 1, 2013 @ 09:35 PM
killuhdrew

^ hkeys i sent you a message about the tags- get back at me if you can
April 1, 2013 @ 11:42 PM
HWYS - Joey

The grammar on the Piracy hat is definitely incorrect, it should had read "than" as a comparison between two opposites.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

April 1, 2013 @ 11:56 PM
oath-

Everyone give my brand a peek! We just did a photoshoot with actress Paige Hurd

Shop.StayRenowned.com
Yo how are you making those iphone cases. hella dope 
April 2, 2013 @ 12:00 AM
hkeys

^ hkeys i sent you a message about the tags- get back at me if you can
Alright, checking it now. Don't get email notifications like I used to.

April 2, 2013 @ 12:19 AM
swefn

[EVENT] FREE GIVEAWAY

We are releasing our new handmade pocket tee with Floral design on Sunday April 7th.
And not like events before, we will give out this T-shirt for free if you meet two simple rules!

[RULES]
1.Leave a comment what size you wear.

2. Like(follow) swefn facebook page.
www.facebook.com/swefn
(If you already did, you dont have to worry about this!)

-------------------------------

*T-shirts are limited and this event goes while supplies last. So hurry up!

swefn

April 2, 2013 @ 12:40 AM
DannyHH

The grammar on the Piracy hat is definitely incorrect, it should had read "than" as a comparison between two opposites.
Lol daaaaaamn.
April 2, 2013 @ 01:47 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

I'm so confused about this whole thing. You bought New Era blanks at full retail to put a design on it with glaring spelling errors, for a brand that's apparently just your full name. Why?

hot water

April 2, 2013 @ 02:11 AM
plastisol

@ericdaniel, how much did you pay for the blanks? I knew a newera wholesaler who was selling them for $12, just wondering
April 2, 2013 @ 02:11 AM
plastisol

Okay, so I've come to understand that 1301 tees are pretty much good blank tees to start with. Same with the tanks. The Alstyle tanks seem to be a good fit too (unless you can recommend anything better). But any suggestions for raglans? Awhile back, I went to the mall to try on a Diamond raglan and I wasn't really feeling the fit. Felt a little loose (I tried a size Medium, my size). Wasn't sure if Diamond used Alstyle blanks for their raglans as well. But when I went to the local flea market the other day to look at the AAA blanks they sell, I saw some Alstyle-tagged raglans there that looked identical to Diamond's (with the curved cut front, not straight). Any suggestions on any raglans manufacturer that might be better than Alstyle or is Alstyle the best fit so far? Any feedback is appreciated.
Personally like the Alstyle 1334 (raglan) compared to others I have seen/used. I used an Anvil blank which fits nicely, but to me the collar stretched out a bit too much after a couple wears. Pretty sure American Apparel makes raglans but I'm not sure about their specs. 
Thanks for the feedback man. I'll def try to check out some AAA raglan blanks then.
I also use the AAA raglans, i pay around $5 each wholesale, good quality
April 2, 2013 @ 02:28 AM
commonlyused

Know your Struggle Part 1 SS13

Colt 45 Tee
"Sometimes we fall
and lose inspiration. Times get rough and sometimes the only thing we could do is drink the pain away, but it's only temporary. Stand up and hustle or you can just drown yourself in your own sorrows thinking it
will be better in this bottle til tomorrow..."

Sweat and Bones Tee
"We
believe in where our mind takes us. Look deep inside and find yourself.
Break sweat and bones to carry through your hustle..."

Part 2 coming soon

Order yours now here

Follow www.commonlyused.tumblr.com
and Like the facebook page

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.commonlyusedlife.com

April 2, 2013 @ 03:26 AM
Jake Ocean

Just thought I'd let those who live in LA know that Johnny Cupcakes will be at UCLA tomorrow at 7pm hosting a lecture! 

http://www.distantlight.co

April 2, 2013 @ 03:30 AM
nocturnalworkshop

Hey guys, don't know if you would have any info on this topic but... If you were a brand wholesaling to international stores ie: outside of North America.... How would you go about fulfilling orders? I know it's easier to do one off shipments but once you get into bulk orders you have to worry about customs, exportation, taxes, shipping, logistics, etc.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with that. Thanks!
April 2, 2013 @ 03:34 AM
nocturnalworkshop

I'm so confused about this whole thing. You bought New Era blanks at full retail to put a design on it with glaring spelling errors, for a brand that's apparently just your full name. Why?
I am very, very confused by the back embroidery. Did you ever put that slogan into Word first to grammar check or get an opinion from someone?
April 2, 2013 @ 04:24 AM
hkeys

Hey guys, don't know if you would have any info on this topic but... If you were a brand wholesaling to international stores ie: outside of North America.... How would you go about fulfilling orders? I know it's easier to do one off shipments but once you get into bulk orders you have to worry about customs, exportation, taxes, shipping, logistics, etc.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with that. Thanks!
Had the opportunity to do it but it fell through on the buyers side. Depends on how much they want and the amount you're charging for wholesale. Also, if you can negotiate how you want to handle the shipping cost. Some people are down to pay the shipping if you throw in a couple extra shirts or you can charge them the shipping fee. There are tons of ways of going about this process. Just need to talk to them and see how they handle business and base it off what you are able to do. It's better to get paid upfront for the order that way if your shit doesn't move it's not on you. 

April 2, 2013 @ 09:55 AM
roscoegrand

Ok,

I've been following this thread and have been going back to the first posts and there are some things that caught my eye. This thread could be a great help to those starting a brand but has somewhat missed that opportunity because of some people posting here.

A common problem I've noticed every other page is people posting really cheap design work replying to negative feedback saying they don't have money to pay a designer. I'd imagine if you're willing to start a brand you would do some research and at least know the initial costs of the process. If you're not a designer (and having a pirated version of photoshop does NOT make you a graphic designer) you should know that's a cost you'll have to make. And keep in mind, good design most of the time doesn't come cheap, look at the "massive rep" KiteLife gets.
Futhermore, I don't understand why you would cut corners on a logo, that one image that will have to make your brand. Read through the threads, do some research and you'll read this one all the time: "LOGO COMES FIRST". People have to wear your logo for other people to recognize it. If you personally don't even want to spend money on making your brand, how the hell can you expect someone else to pay for it?

And who wants to wear a 'crap-ass-cheap-looking-childish-budget' logo. Get a realistic image of the costs and get your finances straight before jumping head over heels in the business.
There's tons of FREE and useful information on the net you can read before starting, take that chance and give yourself a head start (or realise this isn't really you).  

The fact that you're visiting this thread means you've started doing research but didn't realise you're one of a thousand people with this idea to start a "world-changing-movement" as most of you call it. Counting 332 pages with people trying to start a brand means you have to stand out. Cheap designs don't stand out and if you can't even stand out on this forum, where people see your designs for free and no one likes it, think again, who would eventually pay for your design/clothing?

I've seen some people saying they put a lot of thought in their product but mimic other brands, or have spelling and grammar mistakes in their final product, etc... People that have been thinking 24hours straight to come up with a perfect brandname!!! Brands do not develop in 24 hours, it takes time.

A perfect example is iise (kidkorea), read their posts. They get samples made, have been travelling for months looking for manufacturers, production proceces, sourcing materials, ... Of course not everyone has the opportunity to travel for months, but at least take some time to figure out the key elements to come up with a worthy concept.
The reason they get so much respect is because they deliver a top-notch product, not the cheapest way out.

I do believe this thread is a great place to learn about manufacturers and diversifying your products/brand. But if you're starting a brand and don't even know where to get blank T-shirts or where to get your T-shirts printed you're trying to take the easy way out. If you don't even have the energy or willingness to look for manufacturers yourself why would you even consider starting a brand? A brand takes time and energy and motivation, if you can't even find out the key elements yourself, maybe you're not meant to be in that industry.

Excuse any spelling errors, I've written this in a hurry.
Of course these are just my thoughts, feel free to comment on this.
April 2, 2013 @ 01:38 PM
00gunninga

Hey guys, just starting up a brand and stuck on which way round to have the logo and text on this graphic print. Any suggestions would be great. Cheers

April 2, 2013 @ 03:12 PM
ericdaniel

I am very, very confused by the back embroidery. Did you ever put that slogan into Word first to grammar check or get an opinion from someone?

LOL....yea I did have it checked ...but I guess, nobody in my circle graduated with a english degree...Its cool tho...THATS the great thing about fashion/art...Most really dont care, unless they are english majors or school geeks...lol jk I will be more careful about what I do in the future, because now I know if you mess up 1 letter it confuses alot of smart people

April 2, 2013 @ 03:26 PM
ericdaniel

Why would I make up a name that somebody else probably has? why shouldn't I use my own name? (just curious)

April 2, 2013 @ 03:39 PM
logojones

LOL....yea I did have it checked ...but I guess, nobody in my circle graduated with a english degree...Its cool tho...THATS the great thing about fashion/art...Most really dont care, unless they are english majors or school geeks...lol jk I will be more careful about what I do in the future, because now I know if you mess up 1 letter it confuses alot of smart people
WOW that has got to be the worst excuse. You do not have to graduate with a English degree to know the difference. School geeks and english majors lol? Well that error would keep me from buying any product unless it has a major reason behind it, which you don't. 

r e a c h 4 t h e s t a r s b u t d o n t g e t 2 c l o s e y o u m i g h t b u r n y o u r h a n d

Please login first to reply.