March 11, 2012 @ 04:00 AM
joeschott

Hey, has anyone got an e-mail from Illicit Co. - brand consultant? I got an e-mail saying that they have a bunch of streetwear friendly store contacts and that they want to put the brand in their catalog. Googled em and got nothing other than another forum post on mintees asking what their deal was. Smells fishy, but I have a phone call with them tomorrow at 10 to hear what they have to say

Owner/Creator: nopeclothing.com / fypblog.com

March 11, 2012 @ 04:02 AM
chads

The design is neither here nor there for me because it doesn't show much and doesn't show much depth to your brand but graphically its fine. My only suggestion is when you take a picture for a preview, use something other than a cell phone camera (which is what it looks like it was taken on) I know not everybody has an amazing DSLR but you gotta figure out some way to get a better quality picture.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

March 11, 2012 @ 04:20 AM
joeschott

Also, update on the Facebook ads I ran.

We ran for a week, about 3 bucks a day spent 32 total and reached 81,200 people and got 124 likes in that week

Definitely worth it - such a low cost and got a good response. Used my "nope just don't graphic" which I'm sure piqued a lot of interest, but I highly recommend it to you guys to try out and mess with

March 11, 2012 @ 04:31 AM
Beas

http://holdersofgold.com/shop/ Let me know what you guys think. Have you heard of the brand? If so how? for your help il give you a 10% off code for your feedback PHXLOYAL is the code

Wtf is this? The wannabe official brand of A$AP. You are stealing so many ideas from so many companies and making crazy prices. $38 for a wholesale 5 panel that you probably paid $4 for. Hell, its even just a rip off of Black Scale. Are you trying to get yourself in a lawsuit?

Definitely may be a rip off of a few brands. But Imo they have pulled it off. I have heard of HOG before and they have a pretty good following. Gear is pretty sick.

^This guy is the worst IMO

haha
March 11, 2012 @ 04:51 AM
stillwild

The design is neither here nor there for me because it doesn't show much and doesn't show much depth to your brand but graphically its fine. My only suggestion is when you take a picture for a preview, use something other than a cell phone camera (which is what it looks like it was taken on) I know not everybody has an amazing DSLR but you gotta figure out some way to get a better quality picture.

This is just a preview to show, it's not like a lookbook photo or anything, but you've got a good point.
Thanks for the feedback.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

March 11, 2012 @ 05:09 AM
ryder

We ran for a week, about 3 bucks a day spent 32 total and reached 81,200 people and got 124 likes in that week

Definitely worth it - such a low cost and got a good response. Used my "nope just don't graphic" which I'm sure piqued a lot of interest, but I highly recommend it to you guys to try out and mess with

Damnn really? That seems like an above average result. I hear quite a lot of clothing companies have trouble getting likes from fb/google ads. I tried them and we got a couple likes, but the customer acquisition cost was just way to high for it to make any sense.

edmflavor.com

March 11, 2012 @ 05:27 AM
rickylgnds

This is just a preview to show, it's not like a lookbook photo or anything, but you've got a good point.
Thanks for the feedback.

I agree with what he said about the design - looks clean but doesn't give us much. Is it really that small on a t-shirt all alone? Dead center?? That could look a little weird.

My only other suggestion would be to scrap that logo you put on the pic...I had no idea what the hell the brand was til I saw it in your signature. That's just a mess of letters man nothing cohesive at all.

www.shoplgnds.com | LGNDS NEVER DIE!

March 11, 2012 @ 04:04 PM
beanz

Where can i get hoodies and crew-necks printed? Since spring is here and i'm in the market to start a clothing line. Possibly print 2 shirts and 2 hoodies or 1 hoody and 1 crew-neck

Thanks
Beanz

Google it. Not difficult. But since I am nice www.threadbird.com

Thanks, I appreciate it.
March 11, 2012 @ 04:27 PM
slvtlife

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The design and concept is horrible.

It's an interesting concept of True Lies, but I think the concept needs to be developed a little further without the explicit "I'm an angry/moody/emo pubescent teen" kind of approach. Keep working on it, the ideas there, just needs more work.

Creative/Founder www.slvtlife.com / www.facebook.com/slvtlife

March 11, 2012 @ 05:56 PM
Jake Ocean

Hey, has anyone got an e-mail from Illicit Co. - brand consultant? I got an e-mail saying that they have a bunch of streetwear friendly store contacts and that they want to put the brand in their catalog. Googled em and got nothing other than another forum post on mintees asking what their deal was. Smells fishy, but I have a phone call with them tomorrow at 10 to hear what they have to say

yeah someone asked the same question. its a scam, don't email them back

http://www.distantlight.co

March 11, 2012 @ 08:11 PM
artistiq

I need some help on the real business side of things...

If I'm starting something with a friend who lives in another state, how will it work money wise. Do we need a bank account for the business, or can we just use a paypal, and link our own bank accounts to the paypal. If we do need a bank account for the company then only one of us can manage it right? And do we need a business license?
March 11, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
hypebeast1

Damnn really? That seems like an above average result. I hear quite a lot of clothing companies have trouble getting likes from fb/google ads. I tried them and we got a couple likes, but the customer acquisition cost was just way to high for it to make any sense.

You said you spent $3 a day, but FB ads are charged by Impression or Clicks. Which one did you guys choose? We spent $12 a day for a couple days straight and it worked out ok; got 100+ more likes. But $3 a day? How much did you guys bid per click or impression?
March 11, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
joeschott

You said you spent $3 a day, but FB ads are charged by Impression or Clicks. Which one did you guys choose? We spent $12 a day for a couple days straight and it worked out ok; got 100+ more likes. But $3 a day? How much did you guys bid per click or impression?

We did CPC (per click) and our bid was 33 cents

March 12, 2012 @ 01:22 AM
zarry

Anyone know any places on Long Island that print cheap"?
March 12, 2012 @ 03:37 AM
PHILTMNJ

Hey guys I'm doing a sale to move some stock. Trying to fund my spring line!

Wolf Party

Keep the simplicity and quality up!
March 12, 2012 @ 03:54 AM
PHILTMNJ

Greetings HB!

Please check out my brand, TastemakersNJ: "tastemaker" - anyone that determines or strongly influences current trends or styles, as in fashion or the arts. Just a feel good brand for the people.
I've been designing since 2009, trying to expand the brand. A piece of each look book below, feedback welcome!

TastemakersNJ
TastemakersNJ Shop
March 12, 2012 @ 06:04 AM
hypebeast1

Just finished our studio photo shoot! Here is the first preview of our new City crew sweatshirt! Available online on Fri (3/16) 12:00am PST! Repping from the Bay to LA.; gg.

Your Comments/Feedback is much appreciated! Tell us what you think.

GoodGame Est.2011
GoodGame Official FB Page
March 12, 2012 @ 06:53 AM
kingofspain

jesus christ.
March 12, 2012 @ 07:14 AM
blaagh

Studio shoot? Why not take photos around the CITY? Its a free resource, looks way better than that awkward studio setting, plus the shirt itself has city on it. Just my 2 cents. What does the zipper in the middle of the design mean?

est. mcmxcii

March 12, 2012 @ 07:59 AM
hypebeast1

Studio shoot? Why not take photos around the CITY? Its a free resource, looks way better than that awkward studio setting, plus the shirt itself has city on it. Just my 2 cents. What does the zipper in the middle of the design mean?

It was actually not costly for us because we have all the equipment needed for our indoor photo shoot, including camera, backdrop, and umbrellas. The studio shoot was mainly for the store pictures. We will be shooting scenery photos at another time.smile This is our set up before the shoot:

As for the zipper border, we were thinking of how to incorporate both Norcal and Socal on one shirt in a unique way, since we always see shirts that only representing "Norcal" or "Socal", but never both. So the zipper represents "Unity", or to unite. We thought it was a cool idea to incorporate two places, since I personally encounter a lot of students that go to school in Socal that are from Norcal. We were uncertain about the idea at first, but we bold up and give it a shot. We think its something different, so why not give it a try.

GoodGame Est.2011
March 12, 2012 @ 05:32 PM
slvtlife

Nice setup!

But the models seems a little stiff and are standing in a bit of an awkward position; especially the guy unfortunately. Perhaps have them sit on a stool or something as if they're having a conversation? I'm not at that stage yet, but I imagine making the photography a little more casual looking might make the context a little more relevant to your audience.

Looking forward to seeing maybe a few more shots if that allows smile

Creative/Founder www.slvtlife.com / www.facebook.com/slvtlife

March 12, 2012 @ 05:44 PM
YK-

Greetings HB!

Please check out my brand, TastemakersNJ: "tastemaker" - anyone that determines or strongly influences current trends or styles, as in fashion or the arts. Just a feel good brand for the people.
I've been designing since 2009, trying to expand the brand. A piece of each look book below, feedback welcome!

TastemakersNJ
TastemakersNJ Shop

Your stuff is tight. Especially the hoodie.
March 12, 2012 @ 07:42 PM
artistiq

What kind of shirts does everyone print on?

I was thinking about using American Apparel 2001 tees.
March 12, 2012 @ 11:52 PM
True-Lies

just a concept!
March 13, 2012 @ 12:34 AM
odeclothing

Some tees from My brand called Ode Clothing http://odecreation.com
[/img]
March 13, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
Broken Bank Clo

clean start ODE

will follow to see how all this comes together.

I'm currently revamping my line. Had a nice long talk with myself and felt it was needed. I just feel like some of the shirts are to "advanced" for this stage in my line. Need to go back to basic and get the logo back out there.

So I'll be updated in the next month or so.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

March 13, 2012 @ 02:21 AM
hypebeast1

Nice setup!

But the models seems a little stiff and are standing in a bit of an awkward position; especially the guy unfortunately. Perhaps have them sit on a stool or something as if they're having a conversation? I'm not at that stage yet, but I imagine making the photography a little more casual looking might make the context a little more relevant to your audience.

Looking forward to seeing maybe a few more shots if that allows smile

Thx pal! We haven't release all photos to the public but here are a few we took in our recent photo shoot for your viewing pleasure:

This is how the ninja sweats actually look, baggy top/skinny bottom:

Our new crewneck sweatshirts & ninja sweats will be available via our online store on Fri (5/16).

Comments & feedback is greatly appreciated!! Let us know what you think, gg.

GoodGame Est.2011
March 13, 2012 @ 03:03 AM
Jake Ocean

just a concept!

dude, get a real mock up. ditch that ghetto ass diamond template and check out:
http://imaketees.bigcartel.com/
http://www.arsenal.gomedia.com

http://www.distantlight.co

March 13, 2012 @ 10:41 AM
ryder

We did CPC (per click) and our bid was 33 cents

Holy smokes. My bids ended up being $1.40 per in the city with a 16-14 age group, with friends of friends of friends involved. who hadnt already liked out page.

What kind of shirts does everyone print on?

I was thinking about using American Apparel 2001 tees.

AA is junk, over priced and not the best fit IMO. Check out Alstyle 5301 it has a much nicer fit and feel at half the price. Or tultex is another decent brand

Some tees from My brand called Ode Clothing http://odecreation.com
[/img]

Those snapbacks are sick. what was your MOQ from the place you got them? (not asking where, just the what the minimum)

edmflavor.com

March 13, 2012 @ 01:29 PM
True-Lies

BETTER?I HOPE IT
THANKS Y'ALL

Please login first to reply.