Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 24, 2013 @ 02:43 AM
qrct1

idk got bored and thought puf was gay

www.æterna.net/shop

February 24, 2013 @ 03:33 AM
minsct

@karakter Karmaloop, in my opinion, markets to people without any REAL (high standard) knowledge or interest in fashion. It gives them an avenue to pick out that mega wack snakeskin snapback they saw Big Sean wearing. It lets the average person access mediocre streetwear without having to do any real research or connect with a brand.

On the other hand, an online store such as hypebeast better caters to the hardcore streetwear/fashion forward individual. For the most part, they carry brands that share similar mentalities and doesn't really oversaturate everything into one big shitpile of trash. For instance, when you click on a brand in the Hypebeast store, the first thing you see is a brief overview of what the brand is about. This allows people to connect right off the bat. They feel like they are apart of the movement (or whatever the fuck you want to call it). Regardless, I apperciate and stand for hypebeast online retail methods far above karmaloops.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against online retailers, just the megamonsters who have no regard for brand identity. But again, every opinion I have expressed here is fully subjective. Just like every opinion on this forum. For that reason, I rest my case.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

February 24, 2013 @ 04:01 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

do you think brands have a servery at the checkout section of the webstore....refusing certain customers because a few fanatics want to keep it exclusive? 
_________
No, but they will market to a specific crowd. Do you see any streetwear brands targeting singles in their mid-30s to 40s? None that I know of, because that's not the crowd they want associated with their brand. Does Rolex pay for ads in a parenting magazine? No, because they'd much rather spend that money putting it in Forbes or some other snooty magazine. It's all about the market you're making the product for, and while everybody's welcome to buy, the brands aren't targeting them.

So, it's not so much exclusivity, as it is maintaining brand image. Most of how a brand is perceived is by who's wearing it.
ok....so what customer does Karmaloop market too...and why is that customer bad for a particular brand?
Apparently one that Mincst doesn't want. 

The kind that likes Obey, Crooks And Castles, DGK, and so on. While these customers are good for a brand that wants this type of customer, for other brands, these are bad.

Why did Abercrombie&Fitch pay off Jersey Shore's The Situation to stop wearing their stuff? They didn't want him associated with the brand, they wanted beach bums associated with it(or maybe that's Hollister. Anyways, you get the point).

Your customer is kind of like a diplomat, in a sense. There's a good chance they'll be the first person somebody will see wearing your clothing. They're going to then associate this person with that brand. Do you want your brand to be associated with these guys:

or this guy:

This all depends on what you're selling. If you're selling "#JERSEYLYFE" shirts, the first choice is probably a better fit. If you're selling fingerless gloves, the bottom is probably better for you. If you're selling alternative baby raising solutions, you'll probably want to avoid both parties.

The human brain relies so heavy on perception it's amazing. Don't ignore this,

hot water

February 24, 2013 @ 04:37 AM
qrct1

www.æterna.net/shop

February 24, 2013 @ 07:45 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

He also paid for a new house for his mom in cash. Why would you not want to give your family the best life you can give them.
_________
Artistic integrity, as art student as that sounds, it's a battle between that and straight up business. 
_________
Streetwear is a bubble that is going to pop soon.
_________
Probably, but it was one hell of a ride, wasn't it?

Side note: are you still considering starting up a brand? Or have you moved onto designing sites?

hot water

February 24, 2013 @ 07:56 AM
Jake Ocean

what up peeps...

thanks for all who chimed in....makes for a good dialog on the subject.

the only streetwear site on the web that gets similar traffic to Karmaloop is Hypebeast!

you guys single out Karmaloop, when all of these "so called " exclusive, lifestyles, limited, selective brands...are in MANY other webstores!

you guys act like consumer only shop at 1 site!

sooo..you dont like Karmaloop because they sell to much product? ..Attic is also a huge webstore that sells a ton of product.....Moose Limited also carries a million brands, get tons of traffic and sell a bunch of product....

how can you be biased against 1 site.....if you against the whole notion of mass selling streetwear and making it available to millions of customers every day, with a wide variety of over 100 brands.....then you should have a prob with a lot more webstores than Karmaloop...and alot more brands....( you can start with the Hypebeast webstore and see the hundred brands that they carry!)

some of you guys are too cool...with your double standards!  you don't fucks with brands on the loop.....but ur fave brands being on the other 20 websotres that are similar....no prob?
definitely agree with karakter on this. someone mentioned only, fuct, etc. keeps exclusivity? first of all, who gives 1 fuck. second of all, (like karakter said) look at the hypebeast online store. ONLY, Fuct, etc. are all on there - much higher end brands or "more respected" brands than what is on karmaloop. if anything, karmaloops contributes to the progression of streetwear. 

who cares.

http://www.distantlight.co

February 24, 2013 @ 01:56 PM
paperboyjim

You could've at least changed the background image...
February 24, 2013 @ 06:49 PM
Ian x illany

just a work in progress ive got, feedback is appreciated

ILLANY! ~ @illanewyork ~ www.illanewyork.tumblr.com/

February 24, 2013 @ 07:36 PM
qrct1

Let us introduce you to the thought process behind my t shirt.
We wanted to create the new box logo tee.
There has been an alarming rate of bold italics so we decided to go with the Watchmen font.
Aeterna means 'eternal' in the now dead language, Latin, and we liked the chime of irony in that.
So we chose that 7-letter word and added a new color to it.
The yellow background offers a striking contrast with the black lettering, akin to caution tape and hazard signs,
offering the similar street sign effect the red and white logos have due to its resemblance to stop signs.
Additionally, the screen print on the back says 'Voila, Scum' which is a middle finger to everyone behind you.
Our online shop has just opened.
You can purchase our new box logo tee at - http://aeternasf.com/
Thanks.

www.æterna.net/shop

February 24, 2013 @ 07:44 PM
qrct1

lol ok

www.æterna.net/shop

February 24, 2013 @ 08:35 PM
itsshawnc

Remember at the end of the day your gonna do what you gotta do to make it out there. Some people have to sell to Karmaloop to reach their destination. This would be boring if everyone wanted to do it the same way.
February 24, 2013 @ 08:46 PM
axcie

Heres a preview of a design for our first drop for the spring season! Any ideas or thoughts?

OWNER // AXCIE // AXCIEFACTORY.COM

February 24, 2013 @ 09:03 PM
itsshawnc

Heres a preview of a design for our first drop for the spring season! Any ideas or thoughts?
Its straight but i feel like the yeezy hype is over so you might end up with a lot of those shirts in the end. If you decide to print it.
February 24, 2013 @ 09:10 PM
Ian x illany

Nice deisngs ills new york, i love that face! Is there a website for your products?
no site up yet, thats coming this year sometime soon. if you wanna message me go ahead, i still have that shirt in a few sizes left!

ILLANY! ~ @illanewyork ~ www.illanewyork.tumblr.com/

February 24, 2013 @ 10:17 PM
jaemznugyen

There has been an alarming rate of bold italics so we decided to go with the Watchmen font.
Aeterna means 'eternal' in the now dead language, Latin, and we liked the chime of irony in that.
The yellow background offers a striking contrast with the black lettering, akin to caution tape and hazard signs,
offering the similar street sign effect the red and white logos have due to its resemblance to stop signs.
Additionally, the screen print on the back says 'Voila, Scum' which is a middle finger to everyone behind you.
Thanks.

What type of shirt do you guys print on?
February 24, 2013 @ 10:54 PM
KaiLumieres

Check out my upcoming high end brand named Lumières

http://LumieresByKai.com

Right now there a contest on the Facebook http://fb.com/LumieresByKai page and Tumblr http://kailumieres.tumblr.com/   to win the first tee design called YOTS "Year of the Snake"

Contest end when pre-ordering is available.

Egyptian/Light cotton. 

Here a view of the tee. 

Twitter @KaiLumieres http://LumieresByKai.com Upcoming high end brand.

February 24, 2013 @ 11:04 PM
Crispy1

Just some new things I've been working on. picked up a better camera too. Feedback....?
my ig is @crispysz

February 24, 2013 @ 11:05 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

just a work in progress ive got, feedback is appreciated
Woah, total hivemind. I've had this design sitting on my computer for the longest:

Intended for a sticker, so I tried to use only one color. Good job on your's, by the way.

hot water

February 24, 2013 @ 11:20 PM
axcie

thoughts? camo over played? thumbs up or thumbs down if you could please!

OWNER // AXCIE // AXCIEFACTORY.COM

February 25, 2013 @ 01:42 AM
paperboyjim

February 25, 2013 @ 02:45 AM
qrct1

Thanks.

What type of shirt do you guys print on?
We print on 5.5 oz soft-spun pre-shrunk cotton to minimize shrinkage.
The cut of the shirt has a slightly slimmer fit than most boxy tees.
If you were meaning to get manufacturer and wholesale info, I'm afraid we can't reveal our sources.

www.æterna.net/shop

February 25, 2013 @ 02:59 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Thanks.

The way you said everything made it sound so robotic, like some sort of super computer telling me how it used incredibly complex math to figure out who'd be pissing out of a window at 3 AM, and which window.

Doesn't really feel organic to me, but whatever suits you.

hot water

February 25, 2013 @ 04:03 AM
qrct1

Thanks.

The way you said everything made it sound so robotic, like some sort of super computer telling me how it used incredibly complex math to figure out who'd be pissing out of a window at 3 AM, and which window.

I just wanted to let you know my thoughts.
Sorry I get kind of nerdy with my dialect, I guess my engineering background acts up even when it comes to something as simple as shirts.

I honestly think about every shirt in this process of abstraction and try to pick apart the influences each designer had in mind when putting together their graphic shirt. It's how I learn from the greats. A 'Watch and Learn' method.

Hey I'm also glad that you took the time to give me feedback. I'm glad that the shirt is provocative enough to put you at this "agree to disagree" stance. I'd rather people feel anything than nothing at all about my shirts.

www.æterna.net/shop

February 25, 2013 @ 04:04 AM
itsshawnc

Thanks.

Honestly the box logo thing is played out and if you really want to get out somewhere you need to come up with something fresh. The big guys aren't clones. 
February 25, 2013 @ 04:31 AM
newcitizen

Check out a few exclusive releases we have for S/S 2013. Tell us what you think!

-www.newcitizenus.com

Travel Good. Live Most.

February 25, 2013 @ 04:44 AM
itsshawnc

Check out a few exclusive releases we have for S/S 2013. Tell us what you think!

-www.newcitizenus.com

I like the little pouches, the design on the t-shirt can be improved. 
February 25, 2013 @ 04:54 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

-www.newcitizenus.com

Refreshing just to see different shit instead of shirts and hoodies on here. I don't really like the name, though. What does the name mean?

hot water

February 25, 2013 @ 04:54 AM
newcitizen

-www.newcitizenus.com

I like the little pouches, the design on the t-shirt can be improved. 
Thanks! Although we're focusing on leather and travel goods, we are open to suggestions for tees. What would you add/subtract from this?

Travel Good. Live Most.

February 25, 2013 @ 04:56 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Thanks.

I just wanted to let you know my thoughts.
Sorry I get kind of nerdy with my dialect, I guess my engineering background acts up even when it comes to something as simple as shirts.

I honestly think about every shirt in this process of abstraction and try to pick apart the influences each designer had in mind when putting together their graphic shirt. It's how I learn from the greats. A 'Watch and Learn' method.

Hey I'm also glad that you took the time to give me feedback. I'm glad that the shirt is provocative enough to put you at this "agree to disagree" stance. I'd rather people feel anything than nothing at all about my shirts.
I've gotta admit, your response game on point. From how you handled the negative feedback you got when you first showed your brand to now, you seem to know what to do to please people. You go to school for this stuff?

hot water

February 25, 2013 @ 04:58 AM
newcitizen

-www.newcitizenus.com

Refreshing just to see different shit instead of shirts and hoodies on here. I don't really like the name, though. What does the name mean?
Adaptation and embracing new ideologies. We want to create premium goods that could become anyone's daily travel essentials. We're not here to follow trend and all the rediculous hype behind cheap brands. 

Travel Good. Live Most.

Please login first to reply.