HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
February 18, 2013 @ 02:25 AM
teows

Does anyone know what blanks most street wear companies use? Been doing some research and I've found out that Thrasher uses Gildan for their hoodies. Well I think. Anyways anyone wanna help a nigg out
February 18, 2013 @ 03:28 AM
Raravez

Does anyone know what blanks most street wear companies use? Been doing some research and I've found out that Thrasher uses Gildan for their hoodies. Well I think. Anyways anyone wanna help a nigg out
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend gildan stuff. It's pretty low quality. Alstyle, AA, and other brands carry much better stuff. 
February 18, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
JStorm803

So what would be some good summer tees? I was thinking about going with American Apparel to get started

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

February 18, 2013 @ 05:24 AM
hkeys

So what would be some good summer tees? I was thinking about going with American Apparel to get star
Alstyle covers everything. Standard good quality tees. A couple different styles they offer most people use. 1301 is the most common. Their 3/4 sleeves are dope. Hoodies are real good quality. We used them, really soft and thick. A lot of brands use Independent Trading Co. for hoodies but their prices are kinda steep in comparison to Alstyle's. Personally not a fan of Gildan's hoodies. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

February 18, 2013 @ 05:42 AM
hkeys

I am calling it, your brand is going to start a high end market of streetwear backpacks. Everything is perfect with the brand, as soon as a celebrity starts wearing it your brand is going to explode. It will be the high end Hershel. 

Haha wow that's a pretty big compliment so thank you for that...really. Our biggest obstacle is exposure...I think once we start showing up on the media sites like Hypebeast, Complex (happening soon!) we will get more brand awareness. 

Diggin the no feels tee!
Both would be a good look. I've noticed that with Complex, unless they do a really good write up and feature it on their homepage it might not give as much exposure as you were hoping. But it's still good non the less. Getting your bags featured on here would probably be the best option. Although, you're probably gonna face all these kids like "Why's it have to be so much money grrrr" and complaining I think the ones who appreciate the quality and uniqueness of your brand will really dig it. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

February 18, 2013 @ 05:57 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

@kidkorea

Out of curiosity  have you experimented with dying with different materials? Seems to me that's where a good amount of the cost comes from. What's the advantage of using persimmon fruit and ash? Does it feel different? Does it hold better?

I honestly feel like I'm witnessing some streetwear history here, so pardon me if I'm asking a good amount of questions.

hot water

February 18, 2013 @ 07:59 AM
teows

@Ravarez @hkeys

thanks for the help fam. ill definitely look into the stuff you guys recommended.
February 18, 2013 @ 08:13 AM
kidkorea

@kidkorea

Out of curiosity  have you experimented with dying with different materials? Seems to me that's where a good amount of the cost comes from. What's the advantage of using persimmon fruit and ash? Does it feel different? Does it hold better?

I honestly feel like I'm witnessing some streetwear history here, so pardon me if I'm asking a good amount of questions.
@hkeys on point, the guy at complex I'm talking said they are interested in doing an editorial piece so that's what I'm hoping for...

We've experimented with tons of different shit. Our first collection (Our first versions of the Monk Sack & M2) here:

We used a traditional 100% Korean cotton for the bags pictured above. For my latest collection, we used a Korean silk/cotton blend and the natural dyes were absorbed MUCH better. The Korean silk really received the dye well and the colors came out rich and strong. 

Korean persimmon fruit is the base off the majority of the dyeing. It helps for the fabric to retain the color and also is essential in letting the color come out when its laid out on an open field to absorb natural sunlight and dry. The ash and charcoal are used to give it the dark color we wanted. We had to dye, dry, and re-dye, and re-dry every 3-4 days for about a month straight in order to achieve the dark color we wanted. 

I'm releasing an organic dye trailer in the next few weeks on Vimeo. One of the fabrics we dyed was 100% pure Korean silk that was used for a scarf that came out orange from mixing red onion peels and natural rust. 

I enjoy answering questions, ask away HB. 

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

February 18, 2013 @ 09:50 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

@kidkorea

@hkeys on point, the guy at complex I'm talking said they are interested in doing an editorial piece so that's what I'm hoping for...

We've experimented with tons of different shit. Our first collection (Our first versions of the Monk Sack & M2) here:

We used a traditional 100% Korean cotton for the bags pictured above. For my latest collection, we used a Korean silk/cotton blend and the natural dyes were absorbed MUCH better. The Korean silk really received the dye well and the colors came out rich and strong. 

Korean persimmon fruit is the base off the majority of the dyeing. It helps for the fabric to retain the color and also is essential in letting the color come out when its laid out on an open field to absorb natural sunlight and dry. The ash and charcoal are used to give it the dark color we wanted. We had to dye, dry, and re-dye, and re-dry every 3-4 days for about a month straight in order to achieve the dark color we wanted. 

I'm releasing an organic dye trailer in the next few weeks on Vimeo. One of the fabrics we dyed was 100% pure Korean silk that was used for a scarf that came out orange from mixing red onion peels and natural rust. 

Thanks for answering.

Does Kanye still carry a bag wherever he goes? This seems like the shit he'd fiend over tbh.

hot water

February 18, 2013 @ 07:23 PM
paperboyjim

February 19, 2013 @ 01:01 AM
kidkorea

We just did our first interview with Art & Seoul magazine.

Read

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

February 19, 2013 @ 02:10 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

hey guys.

started a small brand with my homie in my basement. called barra co. we released in late 2012 and sold a good amount of stuff, but are looking to increase our fan base and spread the word a little more. hoping y'all like it. currently doing a 20% off deal on our website at barracompany.com/store 

thanks. 
Like the colours on the red beanie.

What does the brand name mean, though?

hot water

February 19, 2013 @ 02:51 AM
mobbyluii

Hard Knoxx - 2013 Discussion Thread

IG: @mobbyluii

February 19, 2013 @ 06:03 AM
ctkim

@kidkorea

love that you're bringing korea into the streetwear game

http://crispincooler.tumblr.com

February 19, 2013 @ 07:27 PM
theblacktongue

http://www.rootforthevillain.tumblr.com/

just released their first shirt via our webstore, check it out here
http://www.theblacktongue.com/product/chris-dorner
February 19, 2013 @ 08:19 PM
AndeNYC

IISE Fall Winter 2013 "Natural Dye Collection" 

Daypack - Ash Black
Dyed with persimmon fruit & ash
*Limited to less than 40 pieces*

Daypack - Indigo
Daypack - Indigo
Dyed with persimmon fruit, indigo plant, & ash

M2 - Ash Black

M2 - Indigo

Monk Sack - Ash Black

Monk Sack - Indigo

Tote - Ash Black

Tote - Indigo

Weekender - Ash Black

Weekender - Indigo
For more pictures and to shop now click here.
"Like" our Facebook Page for more updates
Follow our Tumblr

*Big ups to HB for the constant support. I've been on here since 2006 and have learned and taken so many things from these forums and applied it to my brand. These forums are full of trolls now, but there are still a few legit threads like this one where people can communicate, learn, and apply to their real life and I think that's a very valuable tool still unknown to many people. I've also met a shit ton of amazing people through here as well. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask, thanks again HB!*
I am calling it, your brand is going to start a high end market of streetwear backpacks. Everything is perfect with the brand, as soon as a celebrity starts wearing it your brand is going to explode. It will be the high end Hershel. 
where can I get?

I got it, dripping like water.

February 19, 2013 @ 08:47 PM
gold-exclusives

Me and a friend started this project called Gold Exclusives. Tell us what you guys think.http://www.facebook.com/goldexclusives

February 19, 2013 @ 09:10 PM
checkclothing

"New" video lookbook for our most recent line.  It's only like 40 seconds so you got nothing to lose by watching.  I've posted on here before but we're an apparel brand from Portland, Oregon; so the overall theme of the video is the juxtaposition of nature vs. city which is really what Portland is about.  We all know this is a thread full of hate but maybe some of you will enjoy. Thanks for watching.

www.checkclothing.com
February 19, 2013 @ 11:51 PM
Birthday Boy

http://theslavetrade.bigcartel.com/

Sells some pretty good stuff^
February 19, 2013 @ 11:53 PM
minsct

@checkclothing Good stuff bro. I'm noticing a heavy lean towards lookbook videos recently. Shows that the standard is higher and people are working harder.

Lets keep it going.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

February 19, 2013 @ 11:55 PM
minsct

http://theslavetrade.bigcartel.com/

Sells some pretty good stuff^
By 'sells some pretty good stuff' you mean buy stuff and resell it at a higher price?

Fuck that.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

February 20, 2013 @ 12:21 AM
HWYS - Joey

@ Check -- I like the tees and the video but not the hoodie. What's the back logo/pic about on that hoodie?

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 20, 2013 @ 01:27 AM
checkclothing

@joey1320  this is the graphic.  What do you mean what's up with it?  I took the photo and thought it was a dope graphic.  Brings out the good vibes in these cold Portland streets.

February 20, 2013 @ 02:26 AM
kidkorea

where can I get?

Shop here

Does anybody know any other sites like Hypebeast BESIDES highsnobiety, slamxhype, complex, and freshnessmag?

or even more personal sites like Four Pins? Trying to reach out to as many Western sites as I can, breaking out of Korea is quite challenging. Thanks to all replies.

February 20, 2013 @ 04:01 AM
Jake Ocean

where can I get?

Shop here

Does anybody know any other sites like Hypebeast BESIDES highsnobiety, slamxhype, complex, and freshnessmag?

or even more personal sites like Four Pins? Trying to reach out to as many Western sites as I can, breaking out of Korea is quite challenging. Thanks to all replies.
Your stuff is looking great! I just wanted to throw in some feedback.
Your products look awesome, very high quality and I bet a ton of work put into it. However, if I was in the market for a $300 + bag, I'd like to see a few more product shots of the bag. I think just 2 - 3 more shots per bag would be more helpful to the customer. Maybe you could make it so you could zoom in even closer, and really get a feel of the material. 

Good luck man!

http://www.distantlight.co

February 20, 2013 @ 04:36 AM
kidkorea

We're taking everything into consideration. We're still a very new brand and my brother run every aspect of the business. We are writing down all these points and will address them in the future as we grow. Thanks for your input!

February 20, 2013 @ 04:39 AM
newcitizen

A SECOND SPRING RELEASE... WILL BE UP ON KARMALOOP KAZBAH THIS SPRING. VISIT WWW.NEW-CITIZEN.MYSHOPIFY.COM FOR A SELECT RELEASE NOW! 

Travel Good. Live Most.

February 20, 2013 @ 04:45 AM
newcitizen

^^^ feedback is always welcome!

Travel Good. Live Most.

February 20, 2013 @ 06:34 AM
avibay

For fashion tips, I'd suggest checking out this upcoming Andaaz episode on Sony Entertainment TV - where the team interviews celebrity fashion designer Naeem Khan (designer for Michelle Obama, Padma Lakshmi), photographer Ash Gupta, and famous designer Michael Costello (designer for Paris Hilton, Celine Deon, Lisa Ray, etc).

Check out the Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/andaaztv, and here's the promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW41c3-Hfro.

Definitely very inspirational!
February 20, 2013 @ 07:25 AM
tuesdaygirlfriend

Diggin the no feels tee!
thanks man. i appreciate it. the back packs are too on!!

@raravez i'm feeling that black barra tee with the left chest B

Please login first to reply.