Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 12, 2013 @ 06:28 PM
Djazz

Personality Its What fits you brand looking to hear soem feedback. Been reading everyones knowledge and has inspired me to create this thus far, This is my newest collection called Cerebrum.

Much love for feedback!
The designs are pretty good (I personally like the blue and gray one the most), I to, use a cartoon-ish style. What bothers me is that the photos hinder and block the attention the print needs, so my personal advice is to take photos in which the design is fully visible and remains the main subject, so folks have a clear visual on your art. This doesn't mean that you should not be creative with your shots (fitting location, expression etc), but a centered photo with the art clearly visible does the trick!

Keep going! smile

Take No Days Off //

February 12, 2013 @ 06:29 PM
huynh

I haven't had time to post on this thread. I have updates on my instagram - ALDENTE1985
didn't ask, lol
February 12, 2013 @ 08:57 PM
HWYS - Joey

For everyone here, what would you guys consider to be a solid first-timer "collection"? I'm still in the designing/source stage but wanted to know what you guys thought. I'm hoping to be ready for a spring/summer soft/local drop and I'm finalizing 4 tees, 2 tanks and 1(maybe 2) custom 5 panels plus accessories. If those move okay, then my plan is to push for a larger fall/winter project.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 12, 2013 @ 10:15 PM
chads

For everyone here, what would you guys consider to be a solid first-timer "collection"? I'm still in the designing/source stage but wanted to know what you guys thought. I'm hoping to be ready for a spring/summer soft/local drop and I'm finalizing 4 tees, 2 tanks and 1(maybe 2) custom 5 panels plus accessories. If those move okay, then my plan is to push for a larger fall/winter project.
In my personal opinion that is too much. I would start with the tees and tanks and nothing else. I think it would be better for you to have too little product in the first round so that people are excited to see what you bring out in following collections, that way you create some demand; don't bring all your guns blazing first round. I also think natural progression is important. Most everyone starts out with tees and I think thats great because you have nowhere to go except up whereas if you came out with a full headwear, accessories and cut and sew line, you have little room to go except for numbers and not too much to debut further down the line.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 12, 2013 @ 10:22 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

In my personal opinion that is too much. I would start with the tees and tanks and nothing else. I think it would be better for you to have too little product in the first round so that people are excited to see what you bring out in following collections, that way you create some demand; don't bring all your guns blazing first round. I also think natural progression is important. Most everyone starts out with tees and I think thats great because you have nowhere to go except up whereas if you came out with a full headwear, accessories and cut and sew line, you have little room to go except for numbers and not too much to debut further down the line.
This. I'd scale it back, but throw in some buttons and/or stickers(if you have to choose, sticker before button). That way, people who are fucking with you, but don't want to drop that much money on a shirt can buy a little something cheap.

hot water

February 12, 2013 @ 10:24 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Sometimes the market needs something childish and fun and creative. It hasn't been done, so why not...
I thought it flowed with the logo and was a nice winter touch to the jacket.
I use tumblr as well but  it's not the really "blog" viewing material.
Still working on my sudomains though.
I wish you the best of luck taking the more whimsical approach, I tried and got mad hate. Maybe people just don't want happy.

Last post for the next 3 days but

Keep doing it.

Small example. Up and coming Brand Ilthy. Look them up on here. Mad people

hated on them in the beginning called them a rip of Supreme when they were

nothing alike. Just outlandish hate for no reason. From what I can see the

owner is very successful and making big moves.

If you’re looking for your total audience to come from the Hypebeast forum,

shut down shop.

The market is way to big just to have dark themed stuff, rips and pyramids
Big thanks for the knowledge, good luck.

What up. Been awhile since I've posted. Our website is open for view. The brand is a platform for supporting nature in cities. Every purchase helps add nature to different cities, parks, trees, other stuff.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/general-fashion-discussion/154829/page/www.stillwild.co
I like the site.

hot water

February 12, 2013 @ 10:59 PM
HWYS - Joey

This. I'd scale it back, but throw in some buttons and/or stickers(if you have to choose, sticker before button). That way, people who are fucking with you, but don't want to drop that much money on a shirt can buy a little something cheap.
I can pull back and just do 3 tees, 1 tank and the 5 panel hat. The extras, like stickers and buttons I was planning on having, so I dont even count those. As far as accesories I was thinking some sunglasses and maybe a few bracelets.

Maybe I'll follow your advice and start small. Keep some money on my side for advertising smile

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 13, 2013 @ 12:49 AM
itsshawnc

Personality Its What fits you brand looking to hear soem feedback. Been reading everyones knowledge and has inspired me to create this thus far, This is my newest collection called Cerebrum.

Much love for feedback!
The designs are pretty good (I personally like the blue and gray one the most), I to, use a cartoon-ish style. What bothers me is that the photos hinder and block the attention the print needs, so my personal advice is to take photos in which the design is fully visible and remains the main subject, so folks have a clear visual on your art. This doesn't mean that you should not be creative with your shots (fitting location, expression etc), but a centered photo with the art clearly visible does the trick!

Keep going! \\

Thanks homie appreciate that! 
February 13, 2013 @ 01:55 AM
Broken Bank Clo

Everyone is pretty much spot on with the advice.
Include logo T's to give away or sell however you want to do it but make sure they are in there.

s-xl maybe 2xl but not to many.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

February 13, 2013 @ 02:06 AM
kidkorea

Website preview (also our M2 and Weekender):

Help us reach 700 likes before our release HB!
Facebook Fan Page

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

February 13, 2013 @ 02:33 AM
poobie

Crewnecks, hoodies, shirt. Repeat.  C'mon can somebody please bring a new concept to the table?

@BBC Theres already a BBC and they're much better then you why would you make another BBC?  Your sweaters are ill fitting and just don't present a timeless look just look like you threw a logo on some stuff on a Make-Your-Own Tshirt site.
February 13, 2013 @ 03:23 AM
stillwild

Facebook Fan Page
Poor choice of image. The bags become lost. The colors make the bags become apart of the BG instead of the foreground to me.

Weekender sticks out most of the two.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

February 13, 2013 @ 03:23 AM
goldenguns

I'm irrelevant as fuck on this thread, and I am sorry for coming off as a douchebag lol, my bad. But if anyone would due to privacy and not wanting to disclose where they print their clothing could PM me I'd be happy. 

I am just wondering because the only place nearby me that prints is Kinkos, which I will check out soon.
Thanks in advance, once again my bad.

coolin

February 13, 2013 @ 03:38 AM
minsct

@kidkorea

I'd agree with stillwilds advice. The bags do become lost in the image. When I first saw it I ended up squinting in an attempt to see the product. Maybe rethink your image choice?

Otherwise, solid brand. Keep it up.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

February 13, 2013 @ 04:00 AM
chads

I'm irrelevant as fuck on this thread, and I am sorry for coming off as a douchebag lol, my bad. But if anyone would due to privacy and not wanting to disclose where they print their clothing could PM me I'd be happy. 

I am just wondering because the only place nearby me that prints is Kinkos, which I will check out soon.
You're right, you're irrelevant as fuck and annoying as fuck.

Seriously, no one is going to help you out. Google is your friend, we aren't, we are your competitors. Literally go to www.google.com right now and type in "screen printers in (insert native state)" and you will be mind fucked at the amount of information you receive.

oh and lol at printing tees at kinkos

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 13, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
kidkorea

Facebook Fan Page
Poor choice of image. The bags become lost. The colors make the bags become apart of the BG instead of the foreground to me.

Weekender sticks out most of the two.
Always thankful for input. That's a full size, rotating banner image. The image you see is just 1 of 5 photos and not a single photo that is permanent. We didn't want the main focus to be on the bags, but the entire image which encapsulates the theme of our brand which is mixing the old with the new, and tastes from the West combined with the East. 

I think once you see the rest of the images on that rotating banner, and also our product shots you will see all the details you need to see about the bag. But again, thanks for the input!

Sidenote: I have a friend who works at Facebook in their marketing division and he handles Brand's Fan pages. All the employees get a set amount of "Facebook dollars" as employees but he has nothing to spend it on and has decided to spend it on the IISE fan page. We've setup a couple of weeks of marketing strategies together for the Fan page and after he is going to analyze all the info and report it back to me and then I'll share the results with HB. From there you can decide whether or not you want to invest in Facebook marketing but so far its been amazing!

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

February 13, 2013 @ 06:06 AM
shillco

Hop on Google and Yelp. You see a local band selling tees, ask them where they got 'em. Go ask a skateshop where they print their stuff. I can post a list of screen printers on here but may or may not help you. There's more to it than just getting a name. How many shirts do you plan on printing? Are you going to supply the shirts? Do you have a reseller number?

www.shillingfordco.com

February 13, 2013 @ 06:20 AM
shillco

I can pull back and just do 3 tees, 1 tank and the 5 panel hat. The extras, like stickers and buttons I was planning on having, so I dont even count those. As far as accesories I was thinking some sunglasses and maybe a few bracelets.

Maybe I'll follow your advice and start small. Keep some money on my side for advertising
How soon are you going to get these out? Probably going to take a couple of months to get word out (unless you've been creating buzz for a while). Chances are you're not going to sell anything for a while too. The last thing you want is your money tied up in inventory. I'd focus on tees (you can sell those year round) and maybe a tank (if you can release if the next couple of weeks). Save the sunglasses (unless you're in a sunny location like CA or FL) and 5 panels and bracelets for next season. And use that money on a hoodie or crew for later in the year.

It's a good idea to stay a season ahead. You should be releasing Spring/ Summer around this time and then a reprint in season (if you want). And you should be planning Fall/ Winter for an August/ Sept. release.

Designing a collection isn't easy (we don't do that) and the fact that you're thinking about that is a huge advantage.

Good luck!

www.shillingfordco.com

February 13, 2013 @ 12:39 PM
HWYS - Joey

How soon are you going to get these out? Probably going to take a couple of months to get word out (unless you've been creating buzz for a while). Chances are you're not going to sell anything for a while too. The last thing you want is your money tied up in inventory. I'd focus on tees (you can sell those year round) and maybe a tank (if you can release if the next couple of weeks). Save the sunglasses (unless you're in a sunny location like CA or FL) and 5 panels and bracelets for next season. And use that money on a hoodie or crew for later in the year.

It's a good idea to stay a season ahead. You should be releasing Spring/ Summer around this time and then a reprint in season (if you want). And you should be planning Fall/ Winter for an August/ Sept. release.

Designing a collection isn't easy (we don't do that) and the fact that you're thinking about that is a huge advantage.

Good luck!

I can get them printed rather quickly since I live less than 10miles from the shop and they are insanely quick. So maybe the 3-4 tees and the tank for the summer? I'm in Cleveland, so its still snowing - no need for spring/summer clothes yet, bbut sooner than later the weather will turn and guys will definitely be on the lookout for new shit to rock.
Thanks for the info everyone!

February 13, 2013 @ 01:17 PM
rabwah

Beautiful shirts nice.
February 13, 2013 @ 05:54 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Crewnecks, hoodies, shirt. Repeat.  C'mon can somebody please bring a new concept to the table?

@BBC Theres already a BBC and they're much better then you why would you make another BBC?  Your sweaters are ill fitting and just don't present a timeless look just look like you threw a logo on some stuff on a Make-Your-Own Tshirt site.

lolwhat?

Me and billionaire boys club are not the same. Not even close. I wasn't even thinking about them when I made my company. I don't understand how the two are related...

The Make-Your-Own Tshirt sites use the same process of printing as any other Silkscreen or DTG location so in regards to that yes I did "throw my logo on some stuff"
We are all learning but the difference between me and some others is I'm not on the outside looking in.
As far as fitment goes on the sweaters I haven't had any complaints about them, if I had some in stock I would prefer you purchase one before making that statment...

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

February 13, 2013 @ 09:52 PM
shillco

@joey1320 Sound good man. But don't just focus on Clevelend. We sell to Australia, UK, Lithuania, Brazil...Focus on the website and social media along with local shops and events. I think someone on here already mentioned this but Instagram is amazing for sales too.

Look forward to seeing your stuff.

www.shillingfordco.com

February 13, 2013 @ 10:44 PM
hkeys

@joey1320 Sound good man. But don't just focus on Clevelend. We sell to Australia, UK, Lithuania, Brazil...Focus on the website and social media along with local shops and events. I think someone on here already mentioned this but Instagram is amazing for sales too.

After having my brand for almost two years now (summer will be 2) we've created enough buzz and word around our city that whenever we go out to the night scene locations I'll see random kids I don't personally know wearing a shirt or sweater or have buttons on their hats or even random sticker placements. That's always rad. Even if I'm talking to someone new at school and I mention my brand they're like "Oh shit I've heard of you" or even dudes coming up to me at work asking about my brand. But, you need to be able to get it out to other states and countries. UK and Australia seem to be biggies. Been wanting sales from Japan but no luck yet. It all comes with time so just keep working and grinding. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

February 13, 2013 @ 11:05 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Facebook Fan Page
That monk sack nice, but fuck, you killing me on these prices man.

I think I'm gonna sit back a little and wait for some video reviews or something.

Speaking of which, have you considered giving a discount to reviewers(Youtube, major blogs, etc) who want to review your product? I'm not one, I'm just wondering if you'd considered it. This seems to be the type of stuff you'd have to see in person or get a good amount of people's opinions on it before buying. Photos just don't do it justice.

hot water

February 13, 2013 @ 11:14 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

I've been meaning to look at the other angle of @mincst's whole "posting mockups takes away the element of surprise, which is essential in the game" thing, since I've been feeling like I kinda gave other people starting out a crutch to justify their use of templates with.

I'm not really good with words, so let's just go in:

In my opinion, you should never fully rely on templates. I use them because I have no circle of people who I can trust to give honest advice. Downside of where I live, not many people are interested in the whole game. @Mincst appears to have a good circle he can preview pieces to, so he shouldn't be posting mockups to the mass public. in order to preserve the surprise factor. I really don't like to, either, which is why I've been trying to fix the situation.

The whole point being, you shouldn't rely on them. These should only be used as preview material inside your circle of friends and family who aren't going to BS you on a design. If you haven't got anybody like that, find some.

Hope I made sense with all this. Like I said, I'm not good putting ideas down on paper or keyboard/monitor. 

hot water

February 13, 2013 @ 11:22 PM
-x

Just launched our new site. Tell me about how it makes you feel mmkay

http://tenthmusebc.com

February 14, 2013 @ 01:01 AM
HWYS - Joey

I've been meaning to look at the other angle of @mincst's whole "posting mockups takes away the element of surprise, which is essential in the game" thing, since I've been feeling like I kinda gave other people starting out a crutch to justify their use of templates with.

In my opinion, you should never fully rely on templates. I use them because I have no circle of people who I can trust to give honest advice. Downside of where I live, not many people are interested in the whole game. @Mincst appears to have a good circle he can preview pieces to, so he shouldn't be posting mockups to the mass public. in order to preserve the surprise factor. I really don't like to, either, which is why I've been trying to fix the situation.

The whole point being, you shouldn't rely on them. These should only be used as preview material inside your circle of friends and family who aren't going to BS you on a design. If you haven't got anybody like that, find some.

Hope I made sense with all this. Like I said, I'm not good putting ideas down on paper or keyboard/monitor. 

I get what you are saying and I do think you are right. Only issue is the fact that usually family/friends will hold back when being critical, in order to not hurt your feelings. So sometimes its good to look for criticism outisde of your comfort zone.

February 14, 2013 @ 01:05 AM
HWYS - Joey

No doubt. The plan with any business is to grow and expand, but we all know you have to start small and progress. I certainly don't wanna pull a Mossimo Giannulli and run before knowing how to walk lol.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

February 14, 2013 @ 01:13 AM
WD.MYLES

ADDED NEW ITEMS TO THE SHOP

WOLVES DEN
WWW.SHOP.WDNATION.COM 

SHOP.WDNATION.COM

February 14, 2013 @ 01:21 AM
minsct

Haha I forgot I even posted about that. Maybe I should have put less chronic in that Aunt Jamima pancake mix...

But I get where your coming from dude. Not everyone has other people that they can rely on for 'real' design advice. That being said, this is how I look at it:

Think of your favorite brands, whomever they may be - I'm talking about those brands that really influenced you to start your own brand. Do you think that they ever posted mockup templates online for the world to see? Do you think they ever asked you if you thought their designs suck? I sure as hell know that my influences didn't. Those influential brands gain my respect because they consistently put out great pieces and keep me at the edge of my seat EVERY release. And you know what? Not everyone loves their shit - but  THEY love their shit. Thats what matters.

My philosophy is, if your not confident with your design aesthetic, don't start a brand. Wait and develop your skills and confidence, then start a brand.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

Please login first to reply.