Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
February 10, 2013 @ 06:56 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

You don't need shit, just do what you think is best.
Whose brand is it, HBs or yours?
Who are you selling the product to, you or everybody else?

hot water

February 10, 2013 @ 07:41 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Photos from our Recent Broken Bank Winter/Spring 2013 Collection Look Book
having band-aids for the elbow patches on the letterman is kinda cool, but really childish at the same time. 

also, what's up with all the unprofessional subdomains? You've got an actual domain, don't use a .wordpress.com blog. Use subdomains or some shit, so it's blog.brokenbankclothing.com. And, about Wordpress, I'd use Tumblr instead, for the sheer exposure it offers. But, that's me, not you, so whatever.

hot water

February 10, 2013 @ 12:52 PM
bricktop

Aeterna SF is a street fashion experiment based in California, reflecting the intellectual pursuit of the urban aesthetic and attitude through quality product, defiant print, and mature design.
Extremely pretentious, especially considering you have one t shirt with some text in a box

www.grubbymits.co.uk | Affordable vintage & streetwear

February 10, 2013 @ 02:37 PM
newcitizen

You don't need shit, just do what you think is best.
Whose brand is it, HBs or yours?
Who are you selling the product to, you or everybody else?
Everyone else of course

Travel Good. Live Most.

February 10, 2013 @ 04:06 PM
sevendays

Some of the stuff here is crazy good, figured I might as well post what I've been kind of working on, Get Ahead, I've wanted to start a brand of some kind for a long time and decided to finally actually take some steps towards doing it, blah blah blah.

Here's the first decent (I think) design I've come up with, US Flags/ Axes have been used before but this is something I'd buy, rips/ new takes of designs are my favourite kind of designs, probably because of the amount of bands that do it on their T shirts.

Anyway, with that in mind I wanted to use something that references something recognisable or some shit so yeah, kind of like a Polo US Sweater, also w/ Onyx, the Nirvana font.

Feel free to entirely slate the whole thing.
February 10, 2013 @ 06:53 PM
legend47

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some feedback. I'm in the very early stages of designing and want to know if I'm on a good track. In case you're wondering, I have received permission from the copyright holders to use the images. Thanks

February 10, 2013 @ 08:31 PM
kidkorea

Few updates..

Inside leather patches

These are our backpack handles before they are sewn on. 100% natural double-layered leather so its extremely sturdy! There are no logo prints anywhere on the bags except the handle where IISE is hand stamped.

Behind the scenes production shot! All of our bags are handmade in a small workshop in Seoul by people who have been in the industry for over 30 years.

Detailed shot of our straps before they are connected to our M2 & Daypack models. We love the ash black color and how textured and random the patterns are for each and every strap.

Another behind the scenes shot from our lookbook shoot. Traditional Korean architecture is so inspirational. The details you can find on the roofs, doors, and walls are all amazing.

Army of IISE daypacks ready to take over. 

Production is now officially finished, few more days to our release!

Support us by liking our Facebook Page!

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

February 10, 2013 @ 09:02 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Few updates..

Inside leather patches

These are our backpack handles before they are sewn on. 100% natural double-layered leather so its extremely sturdy! There are no logo prints anywhere on the bags except the handle where IISE is hand stamped.

Behind the scenes production shot! All of our bags are handmade in a small workshop in Seoul by people who have been in the industry for over 30 years.

Detailed shot of our straps before they are connected to our M2 & Daypack models. We love the ash black color and how textured and random the patterns are for each and every strap.

Another behind the scenes shot from our lookbook shoot. Traditional Korean architecture is so inspirational. The details you can find on the roofs, doors, and walls are all amazing.

Army of IISE daypacks ready to take over. 

Production is now officially finished, few more days to our release!

Support us by liking our Facebook Page!
Best of luck with your brand, you've certainly set yourself up for success with this.

I'd suggest a video review kind of thing for each bag, just you opening it up and explaining all the pockets and shit. I'm not big on the backpack game, but this'd make me more likely to buy.

hot water

February 10, 2013 @ 10:37 PM
chads

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some feedback. I'm in the very early stages of designing and want to know if I'm on a good track. In case you're wondering, I have received permission from the copyright holders to use the images. Thanks

You're off to a horrible start. It honestly sucks.

But I will give you some feedback. First of all the pictures are really bad, at least get a high quality picture. Second, the font are something I can easily recreate in MS Word which show so creativity. Third, you show no branding; you represent no brand and the only common theme or idea between the 'designs' is shitty pictures with corny tag lines under them that have little relevance.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 11, 2013 @ 01:31 AM
HWYS - Joey

For everyone here trying to create a "brand", for the love of god go to threadless.com and look at what people are doing. Do you see a resemblance? Fuck yeah you do, you know why? Cause all you are doing is putting a photo or simple design on a shirt and calling it a brand. That's not a brand, its a shirt. That's it...

You guys need to look at design sites, architecture sites, photography sites and such places for inspiration. Once you have an idea that you really like, then break it down to its simples form and build from there. You cant just put a photo of a model on a shirt and expect people to pay you $30 for it. You know why/how Supreme did it with the K. Moss shirt? Cause it was Supreme and they have been in business since the 90's. Supreme could had put any photo there, any, and kids would had jumped all over it just cause its Supreme.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 11, 2013 @ 02:03 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

AFEW NEW COLOURWAYS ONLINE 

LIMITED PIECES 

SHOP HERE: http://www.setstore.co.uk/

Beanies are nice, sweatshirt is just too plain, in a bad way.

hot water

February 11, 2013 @ 02:19 AM
qrct1

guys..
I really wish I didn't start out with the one fucking t-shirt.

Prior to this, I decided to hold off my better ideas till the end, but now, I guess I regret coming out with only one tee cuz it doesn't give enough information about what i'm doing.

as of now, it looks really pretentious, cuz all i've done is one fucking shirt and overstated my 'about'.

So I'd like to recognize my mistake in front of y'all. and it's that there's a lot of information you need to give when you debut your idea, or else it really ends up appearing half-assed/stupid/incomplete rather than mysterious or anything else you're believing it will come out to be.

Sorry guys, going back to the lab. going to re-do this shit.

damn it really sucks that people really need to be deliberately shown every thing you're thinking about to really get what you're doing. 

ugh

so disappointed in myself right now

www.æterna.net/shop

February 11, 2013 @ 03:15 AM
Jake Ocean

For everyone here trying to create a "brand", for the love of god go to threadless.com and look at what people are doing. Do you see a resemblance? Fuck yeah you do, you know why? Cause all you are doing is putting a photo or simple design on a shirt and calling it a brand. That's not a brand, its a shirt. That's it...

You guys need to look at design sites, architecture sites, photography sites and such places for inspiration. Once you have an idea that you really like, then break it down to its simples form and build from there. You cant just put a photo of a model on a shirt and expect people to pay you $30 for it. You know why/how Supreme did it with the K. Moss shirt? Cause it was Supreme and they have been in business since the 90's. Supreme could had put any photo there, any, and kids would had jumped all over it just cause its Supreme.
why are you telling people where to look for inspiration? if anything it should not be design sites or photography sites.. not to sound cheesy but inspiration is all around you. 

http://www.distantlight.co

February 11, 2013 @ 03:21 AM
HWYS - Joey

Jake Ocean, why am I in the wrong for trying help some of these guys out?

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 11, 2013 @ 03:26 AM
HWYS - Joey

qrct1 - its cool that you acknowledge the fact you kinda jumped the gun with one shirt, so much respect for that. I'll give you one advice, nobody cares what your brand stands for. Honestly, unless you are selling to hipsters nobody else will give a shit about the principle behind the brand.

People will buy what they think makes them special and what they believe makes them look good/better than others. People don't sit around talking about the ideas behind the brand...

February 11, 2013 @ 03:41 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

I wanted to try a "college done fucked me over" shirt, too.

I think the only thing it's missing is the final touch of a brand's logo below, but this piece really doesn't fit into anything of mine I can think of.

hot water

February 11, 2013 @ 04:01 AM
HWYS - Joey

http://designspiration.net

http://dzineblog.com/2009/05/50-best-sites-to-get-design-inspiration.html

February 11, 2013 @ 05:32 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

People will buy what they think makes them special and what they believe makes them look good/better than others. People don't sit around talking about the ideas behind the brand...
Word up, it's kinda sour to realize people tend to not care about the meaning behind something, so long as the end product is 'dope', but it's true.

hot water

February 11, 2013 @ 05:41 AM
jaemznugyen

thought i was looking at kite life for a second there LMAO
February 11, 2013 @ 06:52 AM
welchy3

Its been a long time since I've posted here, but I know some of yall want to see what's going on with WINWEL. A while back I dropped the "Holiday '12" campaign. Take a look. What's everyone thinkin?

WINWEL - http://www.winwel.co/ 

LookBook - http://welread.com/2012/12/26/winwel-holiday-12/ 
February 11, 2013 @ 07:51 AM
trick916

Sup guys, I'm starting a high-end, street-luxurywear brand called "Played Des Fuck Out" ... a play on the SSUR "Commes Des Fuck Down" parody on the Commes Des Garcons brand.. #parodyception. Show me some love doe. Tees start at $39.99.

I'm kidding. But anyway, wanted to share with you guys what I found while looking up hashtags for "streetwear" on Instagram. I remember someone posted awhile back a "Played Des Fuck Out" picture on here and people were talking/joking about the possibility of someone taking that picture/concept and making it into a shirt/brand. Well here it is.. Took this screenshot like a week or 2 ago.. so they might have uploaded more pics, etc. by now. Opinions?

February 11, 2013 @ 10:56 AM
bricktop

It's terrible, but people will buy it. Parodying higher end brands in streetwear is the in thing to do right now, especially since people like rihanna have been seen wearing them (palace - versafe). Played des fuckout will (probably) sell a bunch of shirts to people on instagram/tumblr, but that will be it. It will fade into obscurity like the rest of these parodies until they get brought back as vintage in years to come (ie bootleg gucci from way back)

www.grubbymits.co.uk | Affordable vintage & streetwear

February 11, 2013 @ 02:03 PM
casein_point

Photos from our Recent Broken Bank Winter/Spring 2013 Collection Look Book
I think some of the photos look cheesy to be honest. The one with the bunny ears is a poor attempt at being funny. Also I think the females used for models could have been better (not bashing just trying to be honest). The quality of the pics aren't bad but I don't care much for the actual presentation of them.
February 11, 2013 @ 03:13 PM
kumasiii

Thank you... These kids think they can start a "brand" because they came up with name and a logo. A legitimate brand is deeper than the product it puts out (and for that matter deeper than a cheesy, hackneyed mission statement in your about section of your website). 
February 11, 2013 @ 03:21 PM
HWYS - Joey

Winwel - are people buying your shirts at $40 a pop? Just asking cause danm that's up there...

February 11, 2013 @ 04:02 PM
blnkng

Appreciate feedback.

February 11, 2013 @ 04:06 PM
welchy3

Winwel - are people buying your shirts at $40 a pop? Just asking cause danm that's up there...
Ya man $40 is definitely steep but it's typical markup. I do wholesale so I have to make my money back, and the boutique has to make theirs. Tees are all American made as well as the printing, embroidery, and sewing. Lots of extra (costly) details. I think its worth it in the long run to have product im 100% satisfied with. 
February 11, 2013 @ 04:33 PM
CASHVILLE.931

To whoever posted that they were dropping that play des fucked out shit I already came up with the concept made beanies and moved them last year..
February 11, 2013 @ 05:02 PM
HWYS - Joey

blnk -- I like the first tee but the word should be a tiny bit smaller and a bit higher on the shirt. That's just me. The second tee I don't get and don't like. If its your logo, then idk make it better. The third one look aight but is the supposed to be some kind of animal on the left/lower area of the circle? Again I think the graphic should be a bit smaller.

Im all about simplicity so if you are targeting a different audience maybe they can chime in.

February 11, 2013 @ 06:34 PM
blnkng

blnk -- I like the first tee but the word should be a tiny bit smaller and a bit higher on the shirt. That's just me. The second tee I don't get and don't like. If its your logo, then idk make it better. The third one look aight but is the supposed to be some kind of animal on the left/lower area of the circle? Again I think the graphic should be a bit smaller.

Im all about simplicity so if you are targeting a different audience maybe they can chime in.

Thanks man, appreciate it much. 

First T - Noticed it after i posted it, and I should also move it up a bit... it looks misplaced.
Second T - Going to illustrate the "Rat" better. At least going to make an alternative and see if I like it.
Third T - Nope, it's not an animal, but I see what you mean, I will definently correct that. 

Always more ?critique? welcome. Sorry about my grammer, im from germany.

And thanks again for your imput

Please login first to reply.