Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
February 11, 2013 @ 02:03 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

AFEW NEW COLOURWAYS ONLINE 

LIMITED PIECES 

SHOP HERE: http://www.setstore.co.uk/

Beanies are nice, sweatshirt is just too plain, in a bad way.

hot water

February 11, 2013 @ 02:19 AM
qrct1

guys..
I really wish I didn't start out with the one fucking t-shirt.

Prior to this, I decided to hold off my better ideas till the end, but now, I guess I regret coming out with only one tee cuz it doesn't give enough information about what i'm doing.

as of now, it looks really pretentious, cuz all i've done is one fucking shirt and overstated my 'about'.

So I'd like to recognize my mistake in front of y'all. and it's that there's a lot of information you need to give when you debut your idea, or else it really ends up appearing half-assed/stupid/incomplete rather than mysterious or anything else you're believing it will come out to be.

Sorry guys, going back to the lab. going to re-do this shit.

damn it really sucks that people really need to be deliberately shown every thing you're thinking about to really get what you're doing. 

ugh

so disappointed in myself right now

aeterna13.com

February 11, 2013 @ 03:15 AM
Jake Ocean

For everyone here trying to create a "brand", for the love of god go to threadless.com and look at what people are doing. Do you see a resemblance? Fuck yeah you do, you know why? Cause all you are doing is putting a photo or simple design on a shirt and calling it a brand. That's not a brand, its a shirt. That's it...

You guys need to look at design sites, architecture sites, photography sites and such places for inspiration. Once you have an idea that you really like, then break it down to its simples form and build from there. You cant just put a photo of a model on a shirt and expect people to pay you $30 for it. You know why/how Supreme did it with the K. Moss shirt? Cause it was Supreme and they have been in business since the 90's. Supreme could had put any photo there, any, and kids would had jumped all over it just cause its Supreme.
why are you telling people where to look for inspiration? if anything it should not be design sites or photography sites.. not to sound cheesy but inspiration is all around you. 

http://www.distantlight.co

February 11, 2013 @ 03:21 AM
HWYS - Joey

Jake Ocean, why am I in the wrong for trying help some of these guys out?

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 11, 2013 @ 03:26 AM
HWYS - Joey

qrct1 - its cool that you acknowledge the fact you kinda jumped the gun with one shirt, so much respect for that. I'll give you one advice, nobody cares what your brand stands for. Honestly, unless you are selling to hipsters nobody else will give a shit about the principle behind the brand.

People will buy what they think makes them special and what they believe makes them look good/better than others. People don't sit around talking about the ideas behind the brand...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

February 11, 2013 @ 03:41 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

I wanted to try a "college done fucked me over" shirt, too.

I think the only thing it's missing is the final touch of a brand's logo below, but this piece really doesn't fit into anything of mine I can think of.

hot water

February 11, 2013 @ 04:01 AM
HWYS - Joey

http://designspiration.net

http://dzineblog.com/2009/05/50-best-sites-to-get-design-inspiration.html

February 11, 2013 @ 05:32 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

People will buy what they think makes them special and what they believe makes them look good/better than others. People don't sit around talking about the ideas behind the brand...
Word up, it's kinda sour to realize people tend to not care about the meaning behind something, so long as the end product is 'dope', but it's true.

hot water

February 11, 2013 @ 05:41 AM
jaemznugyen

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some feedback. I'm in the very early stages of designing and want to know if I'm on a good track. In case you're wondering, I have received permission from the copyright holders to use the images. Thanks

thought i was looking at kite life for a second there LMAO
February 11, 2013 @ 06:52 AM
welchy3

Its been a long time since I've posted here, but I know some of yall want to see what's going on with WINWEL. A while back I dropped the "Holiday '12" campaign. Take a look. What's everyone thinkin?

WINWEL - http://www.winwel.co/ 

LookBook - http://welread.com/2012/12/26/winwel-holiday-12/ 
February 11, 2013 @ 07:51 AM
trick916

Sup guys, I'm starting a high-end, street-luxurywear brand called "Played Des Fuck Out" ... a play on the SSUR "Commes Des Fuck Down" parody on the Commes Des Garcons brand.. #parodyception. Show me some love doe. Tees start at $39.99.

I'm kidding. But anyway, wanted to share with you guys what I found while looking up hashtags for "streetwear" on Instagram. I remember someone posted awhile back a "Played Des Fuck Out" picture on here and people were talking/joking about the possibility of someone taking that picture/concept and making it into a shirt/brand. Well here it is.. Took this screenshot like a week or 2 ago.. so they might have uploaded more pics, etc. by now. Opinions?

February 11, 2013 @ 10:56 AM
bricktop

It's terrible, but people will buy it. Parodying higher end brands in streetwear is the in thing to do right now, especially since people like rihanna have been seen wearing them (palace - versafe). Played des fuckout will (probably) sell a bunch of shirts to people on instagram/tumblr, but that will be it. It will fade into obscurity like the rest of these parodies until they get brought back as vintage in years to come (ie bootleg gucci from way back)

www.grubbymits.co.uk | Affordable vintage & streetwear

February 11, 2013 @ 02:03 PM
casein_point

Photos from our Recent Broken Bank Winter/Spring 2013 Collection Look Book
I think some of the photos look cheesy to be honest. The one with the bunny ears is a poor attempt at being funny. Also I think the females used for models could have been better (not bashing just trying to be honest). The quality of the pics aren't bad but I don't care much for the actual presentation of them.
February 11, 2013 @ 03:13 PM
kumasiii

For everyone here trying to create a "brand", for the love of god go to threadless.com and look at what people are doing. Do you see a resemblance? Fuck yeah you do, you know why? Cause all you are doing is putting a photo or simple design on a shirt and calling it a brand. That's not a brand, its a shirt. That's it...

You guys need to look at design sites, architecture sites, photography sites and such places for inspiration. Once you have an idea that you really like, then break it down to its simples form and build from there. You cant just put a photo of a model on a shirt and expect people to pay you $30 for it. You know why/how Supreme did it with the K. Moss shirt? Cause it was Supreme and they have been in business since the 90's. Supreme could had put any photo there, any, and kids would had jumped all over it just cause its Supreme.
Thank you... These kids think they can start a "brand" because they came up with name and a logo. A legitimate brand is deeper than the product it puts out (and for that matter deeper than a cheesy, hackneyed mission statement in your about section of your website). 
February 11, 2013 @ 03:21 PM
HWYS - Joey

Winwel - are people buying your shirts at $40 a pop? Just asking cause danm that's up there...

February 11, 2013 @ 04:02 PM
blnkng

Appreciate feedback.

February 11, 2013 @ 04:06 PM
welchy3

Winwel - are people buying your shirts at $40 a pop? Just asking cause danm that's up there...
Ya man $40 is definitely steep but it's typical markup. I do wholesale so I have to make my money back, and the boutique has to make theirs. Tees are all American made as well as the printing, embroidery, and sewing. Lots of extra (costly) details. I think its worth it in the long run to have product im 100% satisfied with. 
February 11, 2013 @ 04:33 PM
CASHVILLE.931

To whoever posted that they were dropping that play des fucked out shit I already came up with the concept made beanies and moved them last year..
February 11, 2013 @ 05:02 PM
HWYS - Joey

blnk -- I like the first tee but the word should be a tiny bit smaller and a bit higher on the shirt. That's just me. The second tee I don't get and don't like. If its your logo, then idk make it better. The third one look aight but is the supposed to be some kind of animal on the left/lower area of the circle? Again I think the graphic should be a bit smaller.

Im all about simplicity so if you are targeting a different audience maybe they can chime in.

February 11, 2013 @ 06:34 PM
blnkng

blnk -- I like the first tee but the word should be a tiny bit smaller and a bit higher on the shirt. That's just me. The second tee I don't get and don't like. If its your logo, then idk make it better. The third one look aight but is the supposed to be some kind of animal on the left/lower area of the circle? Again I think the graphic should be a bit smaller.

Im all about simplicity so if you are targeting a different audience maybe they can chime in.

Thanks man, appreciate it much. 

First T - Noticed it after i posted it, and I should also move it up a bit... it looks misplaced.
Second T - Going to illustrate the "Rat" better. At least going to make an alternative and see if I like it.
Third T - Nope, it's not an animal, but I see what you mean, I will definently correct that. 

Always more ?critique? welcome. Sorry about my grammer, im from germany.

And thanks again for your imput
February 11, 2013 @ 06:34 PM
HWYS - Joey

Winwel -- man if people are paying the $40 for it, good for you man.

February 11, 2013 @ 06:37 PM
trick916

It's terrible, but people will buy it. Parodying higher end brands in streetwear is the in thing to do right now, especially since people like rihanna have been seen wearing them (palace - versafe). Played des fuckout will (probably) sell a bunch of shirts to people on instagram/tumblr, but that will be it. It will fade into obscurity like the rest of these parodies until they get brought back as vintage in years to come (ie bootleg gucci from way back)
True. I haven't seen anybody present this on the thread yet so I wanted to share about it. Too basic IMO.. a brand based off a parody leaves no room for creativity and like you said, will probably only sell for awhile to people on IG/tumblr who think that the idea is "fresh" or "something different."

On another note, I hope nobody took me seriously when I was being sarcastic about dropping the "Played Des Fuck Out" apparel. Lol
February 11, 2013 @ 07:34 PM
legend47

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some feedback. I'm in the very early stages of designing and want to know if I'm on a good track. In case you're wondering, I have received permission from the copyright holders to use the images. Thanks

You're off to a horrible start. It honestly sucks.

But I will give you some feedback. First of all the pictures are really bad, at least get a high quality picture. Second, the font are something I can easily recreate in MS Word which show so creativity. Third, you show no branding; you represent no brand and the only common theme or idea between the 'designs' is shitty pictures with corny tag lines under them that have little relevance.
Thanks for the feedback. You're right. I looked at some of the other stuff on this thread and I'm paling by comparison. Should I start over with original ideas or get better pictures? Thanks
February 11, 2013 @ 08:36 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I think some of the photos look cheesy to be honest. The one with the bunny ears is a poor attempt at being funny. Also I think the females used for models could have been better (not bashing just trying to be honest). The quality of the pics aren't bad but I don't care much for the actual presentation of them.

The photos used were not purely for
"just seeing the brand"

I used candid pictures of people having fun in the clothes, posing and just
being natural. I don't like looking at photos of people being serious all the
time. That gets boring. So I used the photos I enjoyed and thought represented
the personality of the people wearing them.

No poses were instructed. Everything was created in the moment

As far as models. I'm not one of those people who will really solely on using
only sexy people.

If I don't like a brand it doesn't matter how cute the girl is. Natural look is
better in my honest opinion

but I appreciate the feedback

having band-aids for the elbow patches on the letterman is kinda cool, but really childish at the same time. 

also, what's up with all the unprofessional subdomains? You've got an actual domain, don't use a .wordpress.com blog. Use subdomains or some shit, so it's blog.brokenbankclothing.com. And, about Wordpress, I'd use Tumblr instead, for the sheer exposure it offers. But, that's me, not you, so whatever.

Sometimes the market needs something childish and fun and creative. It hasn't been done, so why not...
I thought it flowed with the logo and was a nice winter touch to the jacket.
I use tumblr as well but  it's not the really "blog" viewing material.
Still working on my sudomains though.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

February 11, 2013 @ 08:52 PM
paperboyjim

@welchy3
You spelled 'keychain' wrong on the things section of your webstore...

...just though i'd point that out.
February 11, 2013 @ 09:17 PM
casein_point

"just seeing the brand"

only sexy people.

having band-aids for the elbow patches on the letterman is kinda cool, but really childish at the same time. 

also, what's up with all the unprofessional subdomains? You've got an actual domain, don't use a .wordpress.com blog. Use subdomains or some shit, so it's blog.brokenbankclothing.com. And, about Wordpress, I'd use Tumblr instead, for the sheer exposure it offers. But, that's me, not you, so whatever.

Sometimes the market needs something childish and fun and creative. It hasn't been done, so why not...
I guess maybe I didn't word what I was saying well enough. I understand what you were going for but I think you just missed the mark and didn't quite capture the essence what you were trying to with the candid shots (IMO). I feel where you're coming from though and at least you can take constructive criticism with a grain of salt unlike half the people on here the get butt sore instantly. keep grindin G.
February 11, 2013 @ 09:18 PM
plastisol

Appreciate feedback.

nice presentation, but what is your logo? Looks like a rat with a crown, I would also get rid of the 2013 year print, makes brands look cheesy when they print the year
February 11, 2013 @ 09:52 PM
Broken Bank Clo

"just seeing the brand"

only sexy people.

I guess maybe I didn't word what I was saying well enough. I understand what you were going for but I think you just missed the mark and didn't quite capture the essence what you were trying to with the candid shots (IMO). I feel where you're coming from though and at least you can take constructive criticism with a grain of salt unlike half the people on here the get butt sore instantly. keep grindin G.

for sure. My last photo shoot was a complete flop, so with this one I went a totoally different way.
I  looked through other "prof. brands" lookbook before I set mine up and they have people with the hair uncut, peeps who look dirty and I just went to total opposite with mine.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

February 11, 2013 @ 10:29 PM
blnkng

Appreciate feedback.

nice presentation, but what is your logo? Looks like a rat with a crown, I would also get rid of the 2013 year print, makes brands look cheesy when they print the year
Thank You.
February 11, 2013 @ 11:51 PM
kidkorea

Few updates..

Inside leather patches

These are our backpack handles before they are sewn on. 100% natural double-layered leather so its extremely sturdy! There are no logo prints anywhere on the bags except the handle where IISE is hand stamped.

Behind the scenes production shot! All of our bags are handmade in a small workshop in Seoul by people who have been in the industry for over 30 years.

Detailed shot of our straps before they are connected to our M2 & Daypack models. We love the ash black color and how textured and random the patterns are for each and every strap.

Another behind the scenes shot from our lookbook shoot. Traditional Korean architecture is so inspirational. The details you can find on the roofs, doors, and walls are all amazing.

Army of IISE daypacks ready to take over. 

Production is now officially finished, few more days to our release!

Support us by liking our Facebook Page!
Best of luck with your brand, you've certainly set yourself up for success with this.

I'd suggest a video review kind of thing for each bag, just you opening it up and explaining all the pockets and shit. I'm not big on the backpack game, but this'd make me more likely to buy.
Appreciate it man, that actually means a lot. I'm also going to take your suggestion into consideration, already have some ideas now for a short video. Thanks for the input man! We also shot an organic dyeing video that is going to be released soon.

Launching the online store and collection tomorrow, big ups to HB for the support.

IISE on Facebook
IISE Tumblr

Support us by "liking" our page before our release thanks.

ii-se.co Instagram: @iiseSEOUL Search "iise" on Facebook and like the page to support!

Please login first to reply.