Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
December 27, 2012 @ 01:11 AM
andystandard

Whats good hypebeast. I've been running a clothing line for about a year now and am ready for some critiques.

The Shepherds Knowledge Supply

http://www.theshepherdsco.com/
^^^link to our website. 

"Since its inception, the Sheep to Shepherds Knowledge Supply has strived to challenge the status quo of street wear, to fuse style and fashion with a world awareness attitude and give back to the community. While some brands abuse their power by placing ignorance at the forefront of their products; we understand the influence on culture that streetwear is capable of, the liberation it offers to the individual, the statements that can be made with clothing, and the conversations that can be sparked from controversial designs. We look to incite social, political, and economic change in the world because we believe in questioning authority, analyzing the system and most importantly, flipping that system on its head. With everything we do, we believe in pushing the envelope of public opinion, social standards and streetwear."

^^an excerpt from our about section.  

Just checked out your site and it looks dope.  Liking your Woodsman shirt.  Keep it up
December 27, 2012 @ 01:13 AM
troncat

thanks bro! working on some new stuff for the last part of winter.
December 27, 2012 @ 01:39 AM
blueowljml

Everyone is trashing on these brands cuz theyre not original, but how can you be original when there are thousands of brands that are most likely going to sound like the same name as yours. I believe that if the name sounds similar youre fine, just dont rip your designs from other brands. This day and age its VERY hard to find a name for your brand that doesnt sound like another. 
December 27, 2012 @ 01:50 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Whats good hypebeast. I've been running a clothing line for about a year now and am ready for some critiques.

^^^link to our website. 

"Since its inception, the Sheep to Shepherds Knowledge Supply has strived to challenge the status quo of street wear, to fuse style and fashion with a world awareness attitude and give back to the community. While some brands abuse their power by placing ignorance at the forefront of their products; we understand the influence on culture that streetwear is capable of, the liberation it offers to the individual, the statements that can be made with clothing, and the conversations that can be sparked from controversial designs. We look to incite social, political, and economic change in the world because we believe in questioning authority, analyzing the system and most importantly, flipping that system on its head. With everything we do, we believe in pushing the envelope of public opinion, social standards and streetwear."

^^an excerpt from our about section.  

I like your shit, but it's pretty dark.

hot water

December 27, 2012 @ 01:57 AM
andystandard

Hey everyone, just started using this forum. This is our brand called Standard Raiments, We're a Cali Lifestyle brand that emphasizes quality and I know you hear a lot of brands say they do, but we're trying to really get that out.  We're a bit older so our focus was on staple wardrobe items that were great in quality and meant to last you a long time in whatever stage of life you're in (highschool, college, career, kids, etc.)  Check us out www.standardraiments.com
Disappointing..... Pricing is way too high. 
Yeah we thought that as well, but we use 100% combed ringspun cotton shirts from a local company to allow our prints to go on clean and last a long time.  That rung up our costs.  We compared the quality of shirts to Supreme, Huf, Stussy, etc, and found the quality of our shirts to be nicer in our opinion.  Not knocking on their stuff because I still buy their products.  What kind of pricing points did you have in mind?
December 27, 2012 @ 02:11 AM
troncat

^^^link to our website. 

Thank you bro. whats dark to you about our stuff..can you expand?
December 27, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
maguclothing

Hey guys have a line called Magu Clothing, take a second and visit the site and some feedback is appreciated.
thanks
December 27, 2012 @ 03:13 AM
December 27, 2012 @ 04:42 AM
chads

Check us out on http://www.facebook.com/dscpremiumstreetwear
and http://dscnewyork.bigcartel.com/
What does DSC stand for?
The first thing I thought of was Diamond Supply Co.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

December 27, 2012 @ 04:52 AM

Thinking of starting a brand 
any thoughts on it?
suggestions?
December 27, 2012 @ 04:53 AM

Thinking of starting up a brand
Thoughts / suggestions on these designs?

December 27, 2012 @ 04:57 AM

Thinking of starting a new brand
Thoughts / suggestions on these?

December 27, 2012 @ 04:57 AM

sorry for posting so many times it said it didnt post
December 27, 2012 @ 05:22 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

^^^link to our website. 

Thank you bro. whats dark to you about our stuff..can you expand?
Like the Life shirt, your whole brand comes off to me as very dark satire, which is cool.

hot water

December 27, 2012 @ 05:37 AM
Lux Vie De Luxe

www.LuxVieDeLuxe.com

Nothing But Excellence. www.LuxVieDeLuxe.com

December 27, 2012 @ 04:12 PM
chads

Thinking of starting a brand 
any thoughts on it?
suggestions?
You don't have anything to show for any work. You have a tumblr and a logo...
But I think the name is stupid

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

December 27, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
garretttmc

Can anyone tell me who they use to get their products manufactured? Willing to pay for your source.
December 27, 2012 @ 08:27 PM
Jake Ocean

Hey guys have a line called Magu Clothing, take a second and visit the site and some feedback is appreciated.
thanks

I know that design was done by Friks84, but not sure if you bought it or ripped it. 

http://www.distantlight.co

December 27, 2012 @ 08:37 PM
mobbyluii

Can anyone tell me who they use to get their products manufactured? Willing to pay for your source.
honestly, do the research first. Then come ask. Hate to sound like a dick but honestly some of these "new brands" need to do their research. I have been working on my brand for the last almost 5 years and I am glad I did the research because it leaves you with alot more options. Its really not hard AT ALL to find manufacturers. Another thing is you new brands need to uderstand is that there is not 1 company that makes everything (shirts,jackets,hats,etc) for one brand. For the most part, you will be working with multiple manufacturers. 

Like I said, do your research first. You got to be more willing to do research for your brand than just go on a forum and expect answers. That right there shows disrespect and no dedication towards your brand. Also, why is it so easy for so many people to just start a brand? having a clothing brand is more than just a couple tees and hats. Alot of you make 2 or 3 seasons and then nobody ever hears of you again lmao... why? because you have 3 good ideas and then after that its downhill. This isnt for everyone so I think alot of you need to realize that having a brand is a long term move. You have got to work hard and sacrifice alot of time to have a succesful brand. No sacrifice, no victory.

Like I said, not trying to sound elitist but its so easy for some of you to "make a brand"... but good luck to all of you.

IG: @mobbyluii

December 28, 2012 @ 03:19 AM
shillco

Hey everyone, just started using this forum. This is our brand called Standard Raiments, We're a Cali Lifestyle brand that emphasizes quality and I know you hear a lot of brands say they do, but we're trying to really get that out.  We're a bit older so our focus was on staple wardrobe items that were great in quality and meant to last you a long time in whatever stage of life you're in (highschool, college, career, kids, etc.)  Check us out www.standardraiments.com
Disappointing..... Pricing is way too high. 
Yeah we thought that as well, but we use 100% combed ringspun cotton shirts from a local company to allow our prints to go on clean and last a long time.  That rung up our costs.  We compared the quality of shirts to Supreme, Huf, Stussy, etc, and found the quality of our shirts to be nicer in our opinion.  Not knocking on their stuff because I still buy their products.  What kind of pricing points did you have in mind?
Price based on your target market, competitors price and your costs. The rule of thumb is 4 X Cost = Retail Price. We don't follow this ourselves because we don't use overseas clothing or print huge numbers. But getting as close to that number is a start.

If I were you guys, I'd go very minimalistic on the "local company" tees and screen on a "cheaper" mass produced tee. Or work with the "local company" on bringing the price down by promising/ contracting to order a target number of tees over a set period of time. Anyway, without knowing your numbers, it's hard to help more but I hope you guys have room in your pricing to offer a decent markup to retailers. Good luck.

www.shillingfordco.com

December 28, 2012 @ 03:39 AM
wantofficial

any shop owners here?

www.meyouwantcrew.pl

www.facebook.com/wantofficial

slow start now

December 28, 2012 @ 05:03 AM
minsct

^ yo you posted that 3 times already.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

December 28, 2012 @ 05:49 AM
stadstockton

Updated Flamingo Black . We knocking.
December 28, 2012 @ 06:03 AM
Dare.

Never got around to finishing these,so I figured why not get an opinion. Both Black Logos are choppy due to laziness but i never got around to fixing them as I thought they just wouldn't work as a brand.

?

December 28, 2012 @ 06:11 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Looks way better, but if I were you, I'd just drop the name altogether.

hot water

December 28, 2012 @ 06:12 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

any shop owners here?

www.meyouwantcrew.pl

www.facebook.com/wantofficial

slow start now

Any plans for new merch or what?

hot water

December 28, 2012 @ 07:28 AM
stadstockton

Just because it has a name similar too pink dolphin is it doesnt mean that we are trying to be exactly like them. We going towards a whole different direction. appreciate it though.
December 28, 2012 @ 08:21 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Just because it has a name similar too pink dolphin is it doesnt mean that we are trying to be exactly like them. We going towards a whole different direction. appreciate it though.
I'm not even thinking of Pink Dolphin, I'm just saying I'm not feeling the name. It doesn't make me think of anything but one of those hang up air fresheners.

hot water

December 28, 2012 @ 10:43 AM
qrct1

Never got around to finishing these,so I figured why not get an opinion. Both Black Logos are choppy due to laziness but i never got around to fixing them as I thought they just wouldn't work as a brand.

dude your logo is in a 'state of emergency' hahahaha

www.æterna.net/shop

December 28, 2012 @ 10:45 AM
qrct1

Thinking of starting a new brand
Thoughts / suggestions on these?

Why is their a raccoon, they aren't neat. Is that some crazy juxtaposition that has deep meaning.
Why are there polka dots, they aren't neat. Is that some crazy juxtaposition that has deep meaning.

www.æterna.net/shop

Please login first to reply.