Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
December 24, 2012 @ 12:23 AM
Jake Ocean

i don't get why people in here give so much value to a brand's back story when they literally have no back story, which forces all these amateur designers to conjure some BS back story that presents an embarrassing, unprofessional, and at times laughable result.

honestly everybody's 'about' section should be rather empty.

there has been nothing done. so why should there be all this talk when there has been no walk.

it is given, rather, that if a man walks in the bar and announces "i am cool", it is almost absolute that no one will give that man any attention.

i think it is very evident that verbal/written communication is only part of what we perceive. a large part of it is attitude, product quality, and maybe characteristics of consumer demographic. so why do we care so much about what people have to say about nothing they did.

I agree that a forced back story is laughable. But everyone has a reason why the started their brand, and if you cannot back it up then you should reconsider why you are running a brand in the first place. My about story is simple and short, yet clearly conveys the mission of my brand. It may not appeal to all consumers, but I pay hard attention-to-detail and a good about section really helps me connect to the brand I'm looking at.

http://www.distantlight.co

December 24, 2012 @ 12:43 AM
jackset

i don't get why people in here give so much value to a brand's back story when they literally have no back story, which forces all these amateur designers to conjure some BS back story that presents an embarrassing, unprofessional, and at times laughable result.

there has been nothing done. so why should there be all this talk when there has been no walk.

it is given, rather, that if a man walks in the bar and announces "i am cool", it is almost absolute that no one will give that man any attention.

i think it is very evident that verbal/written communication is only part of what we perceive. a large part of it is attitude, product quality, and maybe characteristics of consumer demographic. so why do we care so much about what people have to say about nothing they did.

I agree that a forced back story is laughable. But everyone has a reason why the started their brand, and if you cannot back it up then you should reconsider why you are running a brand in the first place. My about story is simple and short, yet clearly conveys the mission of my brand. It may not appeal to all consumers, but I pay hard attention-to-detail and a good about section really helps me connect to the brand I'm looking at.
TRUTH!!! ITS EITHER A JOB OR A HOBBIE ... I WOULDNT BUY INTO A BRAND THAT TALKS ALOAD OF BS NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY ARE. NO NEED TO PUT SOME MAD CONCEPT BEHIND IT!! 

I MAKE STUFF I LIKE IF PEOPLE BUY IT THAT AWESOME IF NOT THEN THATS YOUR CHOICE. 

LESS IS MORE - SET

Instagram: set_store #stayset www.setstore.co.uk

December 24, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

There. Fixed the 'be'. Better Now?

WHITE ON BLACK

BLACK ON WHITE
I think most people didn't like the whole concept of the design, but it looks better now.

hot water

December 24, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
hkeys

C'mon son, if you're going to use the phrase "Crooks Be Shook" why don't you just make your own "Crooks" font or use another one. The phrase could work, sure it's been done before but at least stray away from making it look like a complete Crooks rip. Not the best way to start a "brand". Best of luck.

http://thedividedminds.com/

December 24, 2012 @ 02:53 AM
qrct1

Looking for some constructive feedback on my newly launched brand; tee designs, website functionality, and anything else both good and bad. If you don't like something, explain why. Thanks in advance to all that comment.

http://calibased.com/
i feel like you're doing too much. you do a lot and that's good. but you should also think about simplicity.
and cutting out the extra fat that doesn't say as much.
i would suggest taking out that really bulky slideshow widget on your homepage, cuz like right now, i'm in the hotel and the wifi sucks and i'm shaking because it's taking so long to load.

actually, now that it's loaded i'm enjoying some hi-res pics of the bay, unquestionably. i like the cityscape pics, but all it really says is that you guys are from the bay - right?

note for everyone: why is everyone having a sale omg you guys better not be having sales anymore after the holidays

besides that it could be more uniform in theme. you have all these differing fonts. your title, links, product articles, text fonts are all different. it's kind of chaotic, in my opinion.

I like "Live That Based Lifestyle".

and.

I like "Get Hooked Up".

Overall, it feels very embryonic in its stage. I think in time, you'll realize how you want to present yourself, and find out what you want your site to do and look like, because for now, it doesn't really say a whole tonnnn

cool pics of sf though

www.æterna.net/shop

December 24, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

C'mon son, if you're going to use the phrase "Crooks Be Shook" why don't you just make your own "Crooks" font or use another one. The phrase could work, sure it's been done before but at least stray away from making it look like a complete Crooks rip. Not the best way to start a "brand". Best of luck.
Pretty sure it's intended to be a rip, and it's not his brand, it's a single design.

hot water

December 24, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
qrct1

WHITE ON BLACK

BLACK ON WHITE
you're the guy who doesn't give a fuck, right?
hey gotta live that hustle.
aye that's easy money man - it's true. 
there are a ton of kids out there that are uneducated and will get what you heat up..
respect.

www.æterna.net/shop

December 24, 2012 @ 03:07 AM
qrct1

guys i think i hate the courier font

what do you guys think

www.æterna.net/shop

December 24, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

what do you guys think
all depends on how you use it, tbh.

hot water

December 24, 2012 @ 03:46 AM
thestruggle

what do you guys think
http://www.prepressure.com/fonts/interesting/most_hated
December 24, 2012 @ 08:05 AM
blueowljml

Brands need a meaning. If they don't have one what separates them from a shirt at walmart? Meaning and depth are what creates the clothes....its what creates the lifestyle.
December 24, 2012 @ 08:16 AM
blueowljml

Just got a question for all you guys out there. put plainly and simply....What makes you interested in a brand?
Originality and a bold colors/designs, the stuff can't look gimmicky either. It also helps if there's a cool backstory to why the company actually exist.
I agree. It has to have actual meaning too. Im sick of these brands that start to just purely make money i mean thats ultimately the goal. But let your clothes be your expressions. 
December 24, 2012 @ 08:27 AM
flavier69

I appreciate all the feedback fellas, will take everything into account and definitely reassess somethings. Thanks.
December 24, 2012 @ 08:37 AM
qrct1

what do you guys think
http://www.prepressure.com/fonts/interesting/most_hated
yo this is a good read thanks

www.æterna.net/shop

December 24, 2012 @ 12:59 PM
cityofsavages

This a million times over. Too many brands think people give two shits about their story and upcoming. Honestly most consumers don't care about any of that, they will only buy the product if they like it, not because you have some cool stuff written in your about section. 
SSUR "about" page is a picture of a pussy right now lol http://store.ssurempirestate.com/about but yeah I don't think it hurts to put effort into one because some customers care. The ones who do will click and read it and feel like the product they're about to buy means a little more and care the ones who don't won't ever even notice the section exists but as a company it's your responsibility to have all your bases covered.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

December 24, 2012 @ 02:26 PM
paperboyjim

WHITE ON BLACK

BLACK ON WHITE
there are a ton of kids out there that are uneducated and will get what you heat up..
respect.
Call me a shepherd, I feed sheep.
December 24, 2012 @ 02:55 PM
karakter1

WHITE ON BLACK

BLACK ON WHITE
respect.
im not sure what education has to do with anything....people buy what looks good to them...you dont need to know the history of brands, streetwear or anything else in order to buy a shirt that you like. 
December 24, 2012 @ 03:24 PM
Laurence of Arabia

TRUTH!!! ITS EITHER A JOB OR A HOBBIE ... I WOULDNT BUY INTO A BRAND THAT TALKS ALOAD OF BS NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY ARE. NO NEED TO PUT SOME MAD CONCEPT BEHIND IT!! 

I MAKE STUFF I LIKE IF PEOPLE BUY IT THAT AWESOME IF NOT THEN THATS YOUR CHOICE. 

LESS IS MORE - SET
But if you like the stuff they are selling, why would their brand concept prevent you from purchasing ?

For me I think its important to have some type of concept, it could be really simple like " We make manga themed clothing because manga is a hobbie of ours" or really in depth "we strive to use sustainable methods in our production to encourage social responsibility, our goal is to make this a global trend".

You can see both have completely different types of goals but simply because they have them it ensures they have some kind of direction and every things within some sort of context.

For me, I just try and tell a story through my line, so I take extra time thinking up designs and how its going to relate as well as progress from the last releases I put out. If I cant achieve that then I spend extra time designing until I am happy. Maybe I am wrong but thats just me
December 24, 2012 @ 07:38 PM
americaniconbrand

Tell me what you think about this new company I am interning for. Here is the link to our online store: http://americaniconbrand.bigcartel.com/ and our facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Icon-Brand/428150203882818
December 24, 2012 @ 07:41 PM
americaniconbrand

This is a new company that I am interning for. Tell me what you think:http://americaniconbrand.bigcartel.com/
December 24, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
minsct

This is a new company that I am interning for. Tell me what you think:http://americaniconbrand.bigcartel.com/
Congrats on the internship. In terms of the brand it seems like alot of work has been put into it. Seems dope but I can't say I am a fan of the name or the clothing. Not my personal style but I can see how it could cater to that niche crowd.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

December 24, 2012 @ 09:06 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Tell me what you think about this new company I am interning for. Here is the link to our online store: http://americaniconbrand.bigcartel.com/ and our facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Icon-Brand/428150203882818
nothing really new tbh..wouldn't cop anything from there.

hot water

December 24, 2012 @ 10:36 PM
stadstockton

Starting a brand called Flamingo Black. Just looking for opinions on a couple rough draft logos. Thank you

December 25, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
2 Phone Shawty

^ Reminds me of Pink Dolphin, must be the name.

"Yo bitch probably think I'm cute"

December 25, 2012 @ 01:20 AM
blueowljml

Last one is the most unique
December 25, 2012 @ 02:03 AM
minsct

@stadstockton

1st image - absolutely disgusting
2nd image - a little better
3rd image- looks nice but you can barely read the writing

I'd say hit the drawing board again. Good logos don't come easy.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

December 25, 2012 @ 02:33 AM
kinglifeclothing

Starting a brand called Flamingo Black. Just looking for opinions on a couple rough draft logos. Thank you

my opinion, it would sound better called "black flamingo". i think it depends what kind of clothing your going to have......personally, not really my style but you never know what people would like it out there. but i agree with the ratings of each logo...on the dot. 
December 25, 2012 @ 02:39 AM
kinglifeclothing

nothing really new tbh..wouldn't cop anything from there.

you could probably be a little more imaginative on the logo, but dont get too into "old fashion". my opinion, a little too plain. if your going to go for american made cars and things like that, i would add some flare to it.. mix of new age and old school. i dont really get the "skateboarding" and then hot rods...if you can find a way to mix the 2 better than the brand would look better. add some "skater" style to the look of the shirts, hats etc...make sense? it just looks very bland...
December 25, 2012 @ 03:03 AM
uzidoesit

Maybe try using negative design on your logo. Would look much more aesthetically appealing and much more versatile in my opinion.
The font on the third could work if you clean it up a bit and attempt to hand draw it. Then upload it on illustrator and perfect it.
Included some similar logo's to help you out. Let me know what you think.
Anyways keep grindin', just spreading support.

December 25, 2012 @ 07:29 AM
teows

Gotta ask what do you guys think about like "loud printing" so to speak. Sorta like this,

and putting cursing on the clothing also. I've been wanting to start a brand for a while now and finally have the means to print out few shirts. Not going up yet tho. Probably just to a couple friends, but anyways, yeah, opinions?

i was fuckdante. love sosa gucci coach out the bitches weave merc out

Please login first to reply.