Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 26, 2012 @ 07:38 AM
Currency Michaels

@Crispy1 Presentation Is Worth More Than Your Designs. If You Don't Care What Ppl Think because you making money Atleast Value Presentation.
December 26, 2012 @ 08:49 AM
qrct1

This is a new company that I am interning for. Tell me what you think:http://americaniconbrand.bigcartel.com/
very dull, non-impressive
unoriginal use of the chieftain logo
al slant tee is blatant rip of amongst friends
wack wack wack

name is wack. who names their brand 'american icon brand'...
you might as well call yourselves 'original tshirt supply co' lololol

aeterna13.com

December 26, 2012 @ 08:54 AM
qrct1

Starting a brand called Flamingo Black. Just looking for opinions on a couple rough draft logos. Thank you

Starting a brand called Dolphin Pink

aeterna13.com

December 26, 2012 @ 09:00 AM
qrct1

Gotta ask what do you guys think about like "loud printing" so to speak. Sorta like this,

and putting cursing on the clothing also. I've been wanting to start a brand for a while now and finally have the means to print out few shirts. Not going up yet tho. Probably just to a couple friends, but anyways, yeah, opinions?
love this questionnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
im a fan of loud printing... not a fan of the cursing, it's just so blatantly giving up on the creative potential and shock value of a print.
esp new brands that use the word 'fuck'... its just so attention desperate and worthless. no different from A&F "fcuk" sweaters..
so many words can paint the mental atmosphere of streetwear - why use the overused?

aeterna13.com

December 26, 2012 @ 09:04 AM
qrct1

Do you guys like my stuff? I mean i dont care because I get money from it, but any Suggestions or anything? Thanks guys. 
not wearing anything branded after a word that could even be marginally interpreted as a sexual innuendo no matter how closely its aesthetic blends in with currently accepted trends

aeterna13.com

December 26, 2012 @ 09:51 AM
luxelife

check out the new brand LUXE
http://theluxelifecollection.com/
instagram@luxelifecollection 
twitter@_luxelife
December 26, 2012 @ 10:10 AM
qrct1

twitter@_luxelife
paypal widget makes your site seem untrustworthy and cheap.
shameless rips off c&c and ssur renders you a clueless designer forever unworthy of merit
it took no skill to do that smh
collegiate font used just like rsvp gallery and pyrex smhh
basically if i can tell where you copied from and if i felt that it was too easy - i will hate.

aeterna13.com

December 26, 2012 @ 01:52 PM
cityofsavages

Do you guys like my stuff? I mean i dont care because I get money from it, but any Suggestions or anything? Thanks guys. 

I doubt your really selling anything to random people, mainly just friends and family. More of a DIY brand , nothing wrong with that if your having fun with it. But you don't care cause you're getting money from it, right?
The Floral print and Camo tees look cool, Not really feeling any of the hats

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

December 26, 2012 @ 01:56 PM
cityofsavages

Starting a brand called Flamingo Black. Just looking for opinions on a couple rough draft logos. Thank you

I really think you should go a different direction I don't see a lot people being interested in a brand with this name. Also too many brands now are using this adjective or color+ animal= company name formula. It's tired.

December 26, 2012 @ 02:09 PM
cityofsavages

This is a new company that I am interning for. Tell me what you think:http://americaniconbrand.bigcartel

They may have some potential. Right now the branding is off. When I clicked the link I definitely wasn't expecting to see a Chief as the logo. I'm tired of seeing everyone slap American flags all over their stuff but with this brand it would actually make to have some items featuring the flag but they don't.

December 26, 2012 @ 05:40 PM
karakter1

twitter@_luxelife
shameless rips off c&c and ssur renders you a clueless designer forever unworthy of merit
basically if i can tell where you copied from and if i felt that it was too easy - i will hate.
these kind of comments are the worst....you knock the collegiate font when this brand does it, but its alright that Pyrex used it even though countless other brands have done it before them?

this is a typical hype baby remark.
December 26, 2012 @ 05:45 PM
karakter1

you say that lux designs took no skill....do you believe that these design took skill?...or is it a double standard for skill?

December 26, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
kinglifeclothing

the word crispy=same as the word swag.....its going to fade out quickly.....people will stop buying the product sooner or later......but not that you care or anything...
December 26, 2012 @ 07:57 PM
karakter1

the word "Crispy" isnt really a fad.....been around forever.... could work..keep grinding.
December 26, 2012 @ 09:11 PM
hkeys

I'd say it seems like you have improved somewhat from some of your first post earlier this year but there's still alot of work to be done. First off, your pictures are butt. Second, are those patches or printed designs on your hats and beanies I can barley tell. Your brand looks cheap and disorganized, sorry to say. And as far as saying "I don't care I get money from it" really makes it sound like you aren't even proud of your brand and just want a quick buck or two. Best of luck though. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

December 26, 2012 @ 09:15 PM
hkeys

And I just checked out your site....what I am looking at? At least get someone to add some professionalism to your site and make it look like it's not some cheap piece of poop. So unorganized and all over the place. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

December 26, 2012 @ 09:35 PM
dismiss

I have to agree with some of the others and say the brand name is an issue.  Everyone wants to be supreme but look at the name, it's not just some over played slang that broke ass kids use on a daily basis.  If you want to ride that train you have to come up with something a little broader that appeals to a larger age group, particularly the ones with jobs that will continue to buy your product over the years as well as one that offers a little bit of class expansion.

http://getsupreme.bigcartel.com/

December 26, 2012 @ 10:23 PM
al dente co.

you say that lux designs took no skill....do you believe that these design took skill?...or is it a double standard for skill?

Pyrex Vision built a name behind his brand.... so his shirt took little to no skill. Just like supreme. If supreme has a little 4 year old write supreme in little kid fucked up hand writing, mad heads will purchase the item.

I don't think designs have to have skill or major depth. They need to have a clean aesthetic behind the design. Placement of fonts and most importantly a nice font that will look good on a shirt.

I saw LUXE stuff, i like his splash page, but not a fan of his designs b/c i don't like the font placement or font he chose.

only my opinion though, i'm not a fashion elitist. We're here to have fun right?

al dente company // aldenteco.com

December 26, 2012 @ 11:32 PM
karakter1

@ al dente

we arent talking about branding here.....

we are talking about design. and a bad design is equally bad for you, as it is for me, as it is for anyone regardless of hype. Bad design is universal.

I agree that some consumers will ignore the fact that a design is bad if the brand is hyped.....but that just
makes it a popular bad design from a hype brand.

if anyone on this forum posted this tee as a design and branding peice...the negative feedback would be insane.....and you know im right!
December 26, 2012 @ 11:34 PM
karakter1

i can see the comments now.......

no creativity...
are you serious...
who would buy that...
took no effort....
standard font.....
start over....
December 27, 2012 @ 12:26 AM
qrct1

twitter@_luxelife
these kind of comments are the worst....you knock the collegiate font when this brand does it, but its alright that Pyrex used it even though countless other brands have done it before them?

this is a typical hype baby remark.
I'm not going to lie, this type of thing is tricky and can get frustrating to understand.
but the way i see it is that Virgil is seeking something beyond copyright fiddle faddle
through his use of black and white, huge block text, negative effect on the stussy x been trill visual treatment, and how he's trying to contribute to ASAP's all black movement - you can see he's striving for something that hasn't exactly been done before.
i may be borderline obsessed with Virgil, but its unmistakable that Virgil's motive and uniform approach to his idea of a dope aesthetic is on a-whole-nother level from Luxe Life, which to me, honestly looks like the work of an amateur that is swept by the waves of popular rap with money being his shallow ulterior motive HOWEVER IRONIC IT MAY SEEM.

Luxe isn't even using the font on a t shirt. its' just his homepage. his product is the chanel split logo continuing off to say "cocaine & caviar" a definitely confused reference to C&C's "cocaine & caviar" and SSUR's "caviar cartel" which is supposed to be a play on Cartier, not Chanel. C&C is a play on Versace. Luxe has two hoodies one with a leopard print pocket the other is plain. Luxe also has one raglan with a leopard print left chest pocket. 

but beyond the design and the product a large part is how the product line is presented. Virgil did a feature length motion picture for his collection of tshirts hoodies beanies and pants that say the exact same thing. he made them all wear them a certain way, he played a weird ass track being outrageously elusive to his consumer niche, he clearly wants to express something esoteric. or at least it's weird af and challenging our perspective on the streetwear biosphere.

Luxe Life just does a simple "hey check us out we're new".
twitter link
instagram link - which features endless posts of the hats on his 3 friends and luxury automobiles..

hope that helps

aeterna13.com

December 27, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
shillco

twitter@_luxelife

First impression are key whether you are going on a first date, or starting a clothing brand. Within 5-10 second consumers decide whether they like the brand/site. The landing page is ok, but similar to every other bigcartel brand. Next, you click the shop button. You are immediately turned away by outdated paypal buttons that look similar to something a chinese scam website has. The pricing is listed in small random font that is unreadable. Next, I go to click on the image, and nothing happens. I can not see the image larger, and just have to look at that small image to decide whether I want to purchase the item of not. The gallery isn't too bad, but the page where people spend their money is hideous. I haven't even gotten started about the clothes themselves.

Let me start off by saying the pricing is great, but I can't get any specs as far as cotton/polyester ratio or how many OZ the garment is. I ALWAYS check this before purchasing something because I immediately know if the item is high quality or some cheap Glidan 6oz 50/50 blend Hoodie from Walmart. That Chanel logo is copyright infringement, and is punishable up to 20 years in prison depending on what state. This will deter a lot of celebrity clients. The Cocaine and Caviar is just a rip off, at least make it Crack and Candy like SSUR did a rip off of Comme Des Garcon. You had zero creative effort. The Leopard is beyond played out, but since your pricing is so low are you guys trying to provide cheaper pricing for comparable quality.  

I think you guys need to reevaluate your brand as a whole, and definatly improve that site. It will drive away more business than it brings in.

Thanks
Taylor
@luxelife

I Agree with all this but don't worry about the law unless it's a blatant rip off. Everyone has a right to fair use. Just do a better take on the logo (make it yours, if that's the direction you want to go in).

www.shillingfordco.com

December 27, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
karakter1

doing a whole song and dance doesn't make it dope!

making up some deep meaning doesn't make it dope!

....then again, maybe you are just one of those consumer that will fall for anything.
December 27, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
karakter1

edit:

nvr mind
December 27, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
andystandard

Hey everyone, just started using this forum. This is our brand called Standard Raiments, We're a Cali Lifestyle brand that emphasizes quality and I know you hear a lot of brands say they do, but we're trying to really get that out.  We're a bit older so our focus was on staple wardrobe items that were great in quality and meant to last you a long time in whatever stage of life you're in (highschool, college, career, kids, etc.)  Check us out  http://standardraiments.com/
December 27, 2012 @ 12:57 AM
andystandard

We're also doing a fundraiser for the Hurricane Sandy victims selling our New Era in the Yankee navy colorway to donate all proceeds to the American Red Cross, so help us help others out.
December 27, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
troncat

sorry repost smh
December 27, 2012 @ 01:05 AM
troncat

Whats good hypebeast. I've been running a clothing line for about a year now and am ready for some critiques.

The Shepherds Knowledge Supply

http://www.theshepherdsco.com/
^^^link to our website. 

"Since its inception, the Sheep to Shepherds Knowledge Supply has strived to challenge the status quo of street wear, to fuse style and fashion with a world awareness attitude and give back to the community. While some brands abuse their power by placing ignorance at the forefront of their products; we understand the influence on culture that streetwear is capable of, the liberation it offers to the individual, the statements that can be made with clothing, and the conversations that can be sparked from controversial designs. We look to incite social, political, and economic change in the world because we believe in questioning authority, analyzing the system and most importantly, flipping that system on its head. With everything we do, we believe in pushing the envelope of public opinion, social standards and streetwear."

^^an excerpt from our about section.  

December 27, 2012 @ 01:08 AM
troncat

Whats good hypebeast. I've been running a clothing line for about a year now and am ready for some critiques.

The Shepherds Knowledge Supply

http://www.theshepherdsco.com/
^^^link to our website. 

"Since its inception, the Sheep to Shepherds Knowledge Supply has strived to challenge the status quo of street wear, to fuse style and fashion with a world awareness attitude and give back to the community. While some brands abuse their power by placing ignorance at the forefront of their products; we understand the influence on culture that streetwear is capable of, the liberation it offers to the individual, the statements that can be made with clothing, and the conversations that can be sparked from controversial designs. We look to incite social, political, and economic change in the world because we believe in questioning authority, analyzing the system and most importantly, flipping that system on its head. With everything we do, we believe in pushing the envelope of public opinion, social standards and streetwear."

^^an excerpt from our about section.  

December 27, 2012 @ 01:10 AM
troncat

damn, i didnt mean to post 3 times...well, when in rome!

Please login first to reply.