December 22, 2012 @ 01:44 AM
bedrockhoopz

http://www.nobodyspecialco.com/

Me and homie decided to finally put our brand on Hypebeast and see what some random people had to say about what we're doing. We've soft launched our 1st season of shirts and sweatshirts online. 

As with everyone doing clothing start up business's now a days it is hard to differentiate yourself from other brands. But we feel as though the designs we've put out and the designs we've still have lined up that we're going to bring back some of what has been missing in the streetwear game. Our designs are inspired by our life, but also from classic ideas and just things that strike your eye and memory. 

Our motto is "Our Way The Only Way" and that's just how we plan to do things. The feedback we're hoping to recieve back is just how do you as a random people look at the clothing from not knowing it from a can of paint. We're all in here looking for constructive criticism so thank you all for looking.  

I didn't want to flood the page with product photos but just take a second to look at the site. 

you guys are quite frankly nobody special

keep doing your thing guys this pizza face is a 4chan troll. 
December 22, 2012 @ 01:46 AM
chads

The name is nothing special and I certainly don't wanna walk around with "Nobody Special" on my chest. I wouldn't even like it if there was a dope story behind it.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

December 22, 2012 @ 02:02 AM
ryder

main thing out of all this is marketing though.
I can see both sides of the scale though so both points are noted.

Just as many if not more people buy shirts at Target as people do at say The Attic or other boutiques.
Selling 500 shirts is a task for a one man team indeed

I guess the most important advice is develope a solid foundation first with a name and idea for a website, market the shit out of that and get the logo recognized before you do anything else.

I wouldn't do a whole bunch of designs until you have a nice following, you don't want to waste good ideas early and burn out fast.
Ya i mean different things work for different people so really just do what works for you. I 100% disagree with your last part tho. You should be confident in your brand and always try and put out the very best stuff. Tons of desings/products we have done i wish we did like a year from now so we could do more of them. But that just means we will have to put out something even better next time. And as a brand you should be confident that you, or your designer, will be able to one up everything they previously did. Just like the tagline from our winter line, "Always Learning. Always Growing." You're never going to be the best right away but god damn you gotta try and always put out the best possible product for your customers.

Ex, i only did 15 of these, sold them all in less than a week after i released my winter line. Do i wish i was a bigger brand so i could of sold 50? Of course, but next year we will figure out how to improve on the design and the garment in various ways to provide and even better product.

edmflavor.com

December 22, 2012 @ 03:17 AM
shillco

Hi guys. 

Our winter range is now available for a 24hour presale - with free UK delivery in time for christmas. Full launch coming on Sunday 23rd.

All products are organic. All profits go to the British Heart Foundation.

Thanks,

OTWC

http://outthewoodsclothing.bigcartel.com/

thoughts?
Cool that you guys give 100% of profits to charity. I would incorporate the name more in the designs. As is in wood/ forest themed designs. I guess a good example would be the leaf tee (that one's my favorite also).

www.shillingfordco.com

December 22, 2012 @ 03:54 AM
wantofficial

www.meyouwantcrew.pl

start now

i like this. it seems effortless, simple, functional...
i like the neutral design. i like the terry fleece. the decision to use the word 'want' over the left chest...
word choice and everything feels fobby, but dope. i like how you wrapped it in that brown lunchbag paper too with the fuckin organic ass string too. that shit brings flavor. that shit makes me think you're an artistic nigga.
good shit.
artistic nigga.
December 22, 2012 @ 09:04 AM
laholmes

some insightful people on this thread... and some no brains haha love peace my ninjas
December 22, 2012 @ 02:15 PM
cityofsavages

Me and homie decided to finally put our brand on Hypebeast and see what some random people had to say about what we're doing. We've soft launched our 1st season of shirts and sweatshirts online. 

As with everyone doing clothing start up business's now a days it is hard to differentiate yourself from other brands. But we feel as though the designs we've put out and the designs we've still have lined up that we're going to bring back some of what has been missing in the streetwear game. Our designs are inspired by our life, but also from classic ideas and just things that strike your eye and memory. 

Our motto is "Our Way The Only Way" and that's just how we plan to do things. The feedback we're hoping to recieve back is just how do you as a random people look at the clothing from not knowing it from a can of paint. We're all in here looking for constructive criticism so thank you all for looking.  

I didn't want to flood the page with product photos but just take a second to look at the site. 

Looks like ya'll are off to a solid start.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

December 22, 2012 @ 02:31 PM
cityofsavages

Hey guys,
You know I like to give constructive feedback on everything that is posted in this thread. Thinking of maybe starting a line, since I worked at a screen printing shop for 2 years I know what quality is good and have the connects to get lower pricing. I also build e-commerce websites for clothing companies, so I know what consumers look for in websites. Also, I have experience working with CS5 through editing all the designs at the screen printing shop. Here is the run down of my idea. I am wondering what you guys think as far as the brand vision/meaning, and the design itself. Starting my own line just seems right, because I have all the tools in place. I am looking to either join an existing company or have a partner join me. Let me know what you guys think. 

Brand Name: The Struggle

Mission Statement: Clothing company that is looking to provide high quality clothing at a affordable price. Growing up in hard times, we understand that looking good is difficult because you don't always have the cash to cop a new tee or hoodie. That's why we created the Struggle to provide people with high quality clothing at a affordable price.

Pricing:
Tees: 6.1oz 100% Cotton Shirts $15 
Hoodies: 10.5oz 100% Cotton Hoodies (Same Quality as Diamond or The Hundreds) $35
Beanies: HeavyWeight 100% Cotton Beanies $15

I have the hookups at the print shops to get the high quality stuff for almost half off what a normal person does. Her is the first design let me know what you guys think. The design is a Camo Triangle with a slightly transparent devil in the middle. On the bottom on the triangle is in script font with the words "The Struggle" in matching camo.

Let me know what you think, and if you would cop it for $35 + Free Shipping compared to the $85 Diamond Hoodies.

Thanks in advance

I like the whole concept of the brand, but I'm not feeling the name. It feels bland and generic, and if your target customer is a broke ass teen who wants to look good but could never drop the money on a shirt from one of the 'big' companies, why would they want to be reminded of how broke they are? Shouldn't the name being something a little bit more inspirational? Struggle implies failure, for me at least.
I agree with this, a lot customers look to purchase items that will associate them with a lifestyle that's more glamourous than the one they're living and into no one wants to be associated "struggle" also it really depends on what this stuff looks like that's really the biggest factor, the pics links are broken

December 22, 2012 @ 02:41 PM
cityofsavages

Just got a question for all you guys out there. put plainly and simply....What makes you interested in a brand?
Originality and a bold colors/designs, the stuff can't look gimmicky either. It also helps if there's a cool backstory to why the company actually exist.

December 22, 2012 @ 05:21 PM
vagabond

Anybody here willing to sell sources for hats, beanies, patches and embroidery places that they've had experience with?
December 22, 2012 @ 06:20 PM
drumyself

yes, we've generated a good buzz in the northeast, so we're looking to just keep moving forward, we've got alot of projects coming up soon with some known people. Thank you for looking

Nobody Special & Co. http://www.nobodyspecialco.com/

December 22, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
kinglifeclothing

i see the direction your trying to go with it, but off the bat when i look at the t sweatshirts with the "old english" writing, you cant see what is says very well, i wouldnt want to buy a sweater that nobody can read. ive also come to the conclusion that every clothing company starting out now a days is using red and black as their main colors....which is why i am trying to take it a different direction, just a thought for you, try to bring something different to the table in terms of colors. i do agree with the above statement saying i wouldnt want to wear something that says "nobody special" on myself either. 
December 22, 2012 @ 08:21 PM

www.damagegallery.com
dope shoot
Thanks 
December 23, 2012 @ 06:44 AM
nfairmax

cool shots but fucks up with that box, has no integrity as a design at all and isnt cohesive.
December 23, 2012 @ 09:32 AM
qrct1

i don't get why people in here give so much value to a brand's back story when they literally have no back story, which forces all these amateur designers to conjure some BS back story that presents an embarrassing, unprofessional, and at times laughable result.

honestly everybody's 'about' section should be rather empty.

there has been nothing done. so why should there be all this talk when there has been no walk.

it is given, rather, that if a man walks in the bar and announces "i am cool", it is almost absolute that no one will give that man any attention.

i think it is very evident that verbal/written communication is only part of what we perceive. a large part of it is attitude, product quality, and maybe characteristics of consumer demographic. so why do we care so much about what people have to say about nothing they did.

aeterna13.com

December 23, 2012 @ 09:57 AM
flavier69

Looking for some constructive feedback on my newly launched brand; tee designs, website functionality, and anything else both good and bad. If you don't like something, explain why. Thanks in advance to all that comment.

http://calibased.com/
December 23, 2012 @ 03:42 PM
paperboyjim

There. Fixed the 'be'. Better Now?

WHITE ON BLACK

BLACK ON WHITE
December 23, 2012 @ 04:09 PM
paperboyjim

Sold a couple of tees and hoodies of the same design, so might as well put this up too:

DIAMOND MOUTH BLIND GIANT - iPHONE CASE
December 23, 2012 @ 04:23 PM
Laurence of Arabia

WHITE ON BLACK

BLACK ON WHITE
I still had to squint, then i gave up and had to put my head closer to the screen...? Maybe this is just me and it'll be better when printed ? 
December 23, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
cityofsavages

Looking for some constructive feedback on my newly launched brand; tee designs, website functionality, and anything else both good and bad. If you don't like something, explain why. Thanks in advance to all that comment.

The site looks clean and is easy to navigate but your brand doesn't have any identity.

December 23, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
ryder

i don't get why people in here give so much value to a brand's back story when they literally have no back story, which forces all these amateur designers to conjure some BS back story that presents an embarrassing, unprofessional, and at times laughable result.

there has been nothing done. so why should there be all this talk when there has been no walk.

it is given, rather, that if a man walks in the bar and announces "i am cool", it is almost absolute that no one will give that man any attention.

i think it is very evident that verbal/written communication is only part of what we perceive. a large part of it is attitude, product quality, and maybe characteristics of consumer demographic. so why do we care so much about what people have to say about nothing they did.
This a million times over. Too many brands think people give two shits about their story and upcoming. Honestly most consumers don't care about any of that, they will only buy the product if they like it, not because you have some cool stuff written in your about section. 

edmflavor.com

December 23, 2012 @ 09:53 PM
jackset

Instagram: set_store #stayset www.setstore.co.uk

December 23, 2012 @ 11:49 PM
LIGHTENUP

December 24, 2012 @ 12:23 AM
Jake Ocean

I agree that a forced back story is laughable. But everyone has a reason why the started their brand, and if you cannot back it up then you should reconsider why you are running a brand in the first place. My about story is simple and short, yet clearly conveys the mission of my brand. It may not appeal to all consumers, but I pay hard attention-to-detail and a good about section really helps me connect to the brand I'm looking at.

http://www.distantlight.co

December 24, 2012 @ 12:43 AM
jackset

I agree that a forced back story is laughable. But everyone has a reason why the started their brand, and if you cannot back it up then you should reconsider why you are running a brand in the first place. My about story is simple and short, yet clearly conveys the mission of my brand. It may not appeal to all consumers, but I pay hard attention-to-detail and a good about section really helps me connect to the brand I'm looking at.
TRUTH!!! ITS EITHER A JOB OR A HOBBIE ... I WOULDNT BUY INTO A BRAND THAT TALKS ALOAD OF BS NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY ARE. NO NEED TO PUT SOME MAD CONCEPT BEHIND IT!! 

I MAKE STUFF I LIKE IF PEOPLE BUY IT THAT AWESOME IF NOT THEN THATS YOUR CHOICE. 

LESS IS MORE - SET

Instagram: set_store #stayset www.setstore.co.uk

December 24, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

WHITE ON BLACK

BLACK ON WHITE
I think most people didn't like the whole concept of the design, but it looks better now.

hot water

December 24, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
hkeys

C'mon son, if you're going to use the phrase "Crooks Be Shook" why don't you just make your own "Crooks" font or use another one. The phrase could work, sure it's been done before but at least stray away from making it look like a complete Crooks rip. Not the best way to start a "brand". Best of luck.

http://thedividedminds.com/

December 24, 2012 @ 02:53 AM
qrct1

i feel like you're doing too much. you do a lot and that's good. but you should also think about simplicity.
and cutting out the extra fat that doesn't say as much.
i would suggest taking out that really bulky slideshow widget on your homepage, cuz like right now, i'm in the hotel and the wifi sucks and i'm shaking because it's taking so long to load.

actually, now that it's loaded i'm enjoying some hi-res pics of the bay, unquestionably. i like the cityscape pics, but all it really says is that you guys are from the bay - right?

note for everyone: why is everyone having a sale omg you guys better not be having sales anymore after the holidays

besides that it could be more uniform in theme. you have all these differing fonts. your title, links, product articles, text fonts are all different. it's kind of chaotic, in my opinion.

I like "Live That Based Lifestyle".

and.

I like "Get Hooked Up".

Overall, it feels very embryonic in its stage. I think in time, you'll realize how you want to present yourself, and find out what you want your site to do and look like, because for now, it doesn't really say a whole tonnnn

cool pics of sf though

aeterna13.com

December 24, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

C'mon son, if you're going to use the phrase "Crooks Be Shook" why don't you just make your own "Crooks" font or use another one. The phrase could work, sure it's been done before but at least stray away from making it look like a complete Crooks rip. Not the best way to start a "brand". Best of luck.
Pretty sure it's intended to be a rip, and it's not his brand, it's a single design.

hot water

December 24, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
qrct1

WHITE ON BLACK

BLACK ON WHITE
you're the guy who doesn't give a fuck, right?
hey gotta live that hustle.
aye that's easy money man - it's true. 
there are a ton of kids out there that are uneducated and will get what you heat up..
respect.

aeterna13.com

Please login first to reply.