Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
December 21, 2012 @ 01:22 AM
damascus

New line. What does everyone think? San Diego born and bred

December 21, 2012 @ 01:42 AM
qrct1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=524014564284007&set=a.524014554284008.122986.207983965887070&type=1&the

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=524065927612204&set=a.524065884278875.122995.207983965887070&...

CHECK OUT LINKS PLEASE. does anybody know of any shops that do an all over print? 
i feel like the appeal of the leopard print overpowers your pulse all-over print.
meaning it only looks cool cuz it has leopard print and that's it.
have you considered what your sweaters would literally look like with a pulse line drawn throughout the crewneck?
sure it looks interesting on the jpeg, but it seems as if you are suggesting the print goes all the way around the crewneck and all the way around the sleeves like some optical experiment.
i get a lot of your references.
your name is 'half hearted' your sweaters use a 'pulse' all over print...
sounds like a bad joke to me

aeterna13.com

December 21, 2012 @ 01:43 AM
partyshades

Fuck - I used to sell t-shirts on here back in the day, 2006ish when I was in college - I recently had the chance to start my own sunglasses company -- Party Shades - so I thought I'd drop back in to see what's shaking around here.

Our shades are fully customizable and come in a grip of colors with a bunch of interchangeable arms and lenses. I did all the design work for this, would appreciate everyone's feedback. Full line of clothing too. Get Loose!
http://www.partyshades.com/

Partyshades.com. Life if For Living - Get Weird.

December 21, 2012 @ 01:52 AM
qrct1

www.meyouwantcrew.pl

start now

i like this. it seems effortless, simple, functional...
i like the neutral design. i like the terry fleece. the decision to use the word 'want' over the left chest...
word choice and everything feels fobby, but dope. i like how you wrapped it in that brown lunchbag paper too with the fuckin organic ass string too. that shit brings flavor. that shit makes me think you're an artistic nigga.
good shit.

aeterna13.com

December 21, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
qrct1

Holiday shirt we are printing.
gives me that vibe of a satirical take on the veggie tale 90s anti drug propaganda vibe even though i never liked your brand. still don't like the name of your brand. 

aeterna13.com

December 21, 2012 @ 01:58 AM
qrct1

New line. What does everyone think? San Diego born and bred

yeah looks cool if i was a rager edm head freshman in ucsb i would buy that shit lol

aeterna13.com

December 21, 2012 @ 02:04 AM
qrct1

Fuck - I used to sell t-shirts on here back in the day, 2006ish when I was in college - I recently had the chance to start my own sunglasses company -- Party Shades - so I thought I'd drop back in to see what's shaking around here.

Our shades are fully customizable and come in a grip of colors with a bunch of interchangeable arms and lenses. I did all the design work for this, would appreciate everyone's feedback. Full line of clothing too. Get Loose!
http://www.partyshades.com/

ayyee party shades come to socal we've been looking for you since like forever.
definitely cool edm rager shit. i see my style niggas are influenced by edm... i see streetwear is welcoming edm i see streetwear is not about hip hop anymore.. too trill my niggas. can't wait to see everyone running around in drinking head gears.

aeterna13.com

December 21, 2012 @ 08:36 AM
qrct1

Hey guys,
You know I like to give constructive feedback on everything that is posted in this thread. Thinking of maybe starting a line, since I worked at a screen printing shop for 2 years I know what quality is good and have the connects to get lower pricing. I also build e-commerce websites for clothing companies, so I know what consumers look for in websites. Also, I have experience working with CS5 through editing all the designs at the screen printing shop. Here is the run down of my idea. I am wondering what you guys think as far as the brand vision/meaning, and the design itself. Starting my own line just seems right, because I have all the tools in place. I am looking to either join an existing company or have a partner join me. Let me know what you guys think. 

Brand Name: The Struggle

Mission Statement: Clothing company that is looking to provide high quality clothing at a affordable price. Growing up in hard times, we understand that looking good is difficult because you don't always have the cash to cop a new tee or hoodie. That's why we created the Struggle to provide people with high quality clothing at a affordable price.

Pricing:
Tees: 6.1oz 100% Cotton Shirts $15 
Hoodies: 10.5oz 100% Cotton Hoodies (Same Quality as Diamond or The Hundreds) $35
Beanies: HeavyWeight 100% Cotton Beanies $15

I have the hookups at the print shops to get the high quality stuff for almost half off what a normal person does. Her is the first design let me know what you guys think. The design is a Camo Triangle with a slightly transparent devil in the middle. On the bottom on the triangle is in script font with the words "The Struggle" in matching camo.

Let me know what you think, and if you would cop it for $35 + Free Shipping compared to the $85 Diamond Hoodies.

Thanks in advance

dat struggle 

aeterna13.com

December 21, 2012 @ 01:57 PM
Larry S.

We always value constructive criticism. We totally agree that our photography on our shop page is shocking and need to sort it out, we are already in the process of sorting this out. But to be fair we have been running for less than a year and we are already in 2 shops selling out, thats got to be worth some credit.
Although people may call our designs 'SAFE', there would be no reason why us as a brand would bring out something hideous just because it might 'set a trend'. We are a lifestyle brand, bringing out clothing that people can wear everyday.
We don't over complicate things and choose the simplicity route as some people say its the key to success.

Just want to thank people who support our brand and again appreciate the positive and constructive feedback.
Nothing wrong with playing it "safe." Pioneers get the arrows...
Better to just say how many are made if you're trying to get your point across.20 made sounds better than 'super limited' and then you come right back out with the same hot garbage right after.I mean, if I like it, I'm gonna buy it...but it's okay to help that one person on the fence speed their stuff like " oh man, there are only 15 left, and I don't know how many are in this size, so maybe I should hurry and stop being a dumb dumb"...that's a better angle than swagyololimitedsusslimitedcollaboblahblahblah... just makes me think that the owner is dumb and that I should save my money for stickers or something.-h_h-

TRY HARD,NEVER SETTLE,STAY HUNGRY | Hungry-Human.com

December 21, 2012 @ 02:03 PM
Larry S.

[quote=vega_box">

gives me that vibe of a satirical take on the veggie tale 90s anti drug propaganda vibe even though i never liked your brand. still don't like the name of your brand. 
^ Where'd you get all that? All I see is the 'I'm a Bill' guy from School House Rock dressed as a dub. 

TRY HARD,NEVER SETTLE,STAY HUNGRY | Hungry-Human.com

December 21, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
jaemznugyen

Love to know your thoughts...  Not the best timing for Tees, but no time like the present to get yourself out there.

You can visit our koolkidd site for more details...
Not one comment good or bad??
kaws x kid robot
December 21, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
kinglifeclothing

Hey guys,
You know I like to give constructive feedback on everything that is posted in this thread. Thinking of maybe starting a line, since I worked at a screen printing shop for 2 years I know what quality is good and have the connects to get lower pricing. I also build e-commerce websites for clothing companies, so I know what consumers look for in websites. Also, I have experience working with CS5 through editing all the designs at the screen printing shop. Here is the run down of my idea. I am wondering what you guys think as far as the brand vision/meaning, and the design itself. Starting my own line just seems right, because I have all the tools in place. I am looking to either join an existing company or have a partner join me. Let me know what you guys think. 

Mission Statement: Clothing company that is looking to provide high quality clothing at a affordable price. Growing up in hard times, we understand that looking good is difficult because you don't always have the cash to cop a new tee or hoodie. That's why we created the Struggle to provide people with high quality clothing at a affordable price.

Pricing:
Hoodies: 10.5oz 100% Cotton Hoodies (Same Quality as Diamond or The Hundreds) $35

I have the hookups at the print shops to get the high quality stuff for almost half off what a normal person does. Her is the first design let me know what you guys think. The design is a Camo Triangle with a slightly transparent devil in the middle. On the bottom on the triangle is in script font with the words "The Struggle" in matching camo.

Let me know what you think, and if you would cop it for $35 + Free Shipping compared to the $85 Diamond Hoodies.

Thanks in advance

i actually think its a good idea especially if you can get everything at half the price as everything else. cant see the pics tho...
December 21, 2012 @ 05:08 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Hey guys,

Pricing:

Thanks in advance

I like the whole concept of the brand, but I'm not feeling the name. It feels bland and generic, and if your target customer is a broke ass teen who wants to look good but could never drop the money on a shirt from one of the 'big' companies, why would they want to be reminded of how broke they are? Shouldn't the name being something a little bit more inspirational? Struggle implies failure, for me at least.

hot water

December 21, 2012 @ 05:51 PM
Broken Bank Clo

^ Where'd you get all that? All I see is the 'I'm a Bill' guy from School House Rock dressed as a dub. 

@Larry S. that's pretty much what happen.

but @qrct1 if I may ask what is it about my clothing line name that you don't like? Is that coming from a consumer aspect or just personal opinion.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

December 21, 2012 @ 05:54 PM
Yeezus

New tee launching in the next couple of weeks, previews in 15 mins
December 21, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
uni4rm

A big thank you to those who have purchased...thanks for the support!

December 21, 2012 @ 06:59 PM
ryder

Hey guys,

Pricing:

Thanks in advance

Selling $15 shirts and $35 hoodies is absurd and will get you no where fast. It hurts you in the long run and makes it incredibly hard to grow your brand when your prices are so god damn cheap. Start high, go low if need be when the time comes. And stand by your price. 

edmflavor.com

December 21, 2012 @ 07:56 PM
minsct

@partyshades excellent idea homie. I think if the prices are cheap for those shades people will eat them up! I've always had the problem of not wanting to bring my nice shades out to a big concert. Fill the void!

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

December 21, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
karakter1

increase the weight of your black lines...
December 21, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
BEENHUSTLINGNINEFOUR

Hey guys,

Pricing:

Thanks in advance

Selling $15 shirts and $35 hoodies is absurd and will get you no where fast. It hurts you in the long run and makes it incredibly hard to grow your brand when your prices are so god damn cheap. Start high, go low if need be when the time comes. And stand by your price. 
 The pricing is so low, which means people could cop 2 things instead of 1. The more of our product is out in the world, the higher the chance the person who purchased my item wear it. Exposing it to whoever that person sees. This business model doesn't work for very many people, but it works for me because I have such great pricing.
A good amount of brands work against being on every back in the nation, so there's more to people avoiding that business model than just price margins.

hot water

December 21, 2012 @ 10:35 PM
jackset

Instagram: set_store #stayset www.setstore.co.uk

December 21, 2012 @ 10:42 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Hey guys,

Pricing:

Thanks in advance

The pricing is so low, which means people could cop 2 things instead of 1. The more of our product is out in the world, the higher the chance the person who purchased my item wear it. Exposing it to whoever that person sees. This business model doesn't work for very many people, but it works for me because I have such great pricing.
A good amount of brands work against being on every back in the nation, so there's more to people avoiding that business model than just price margins.
I not saying sell to Zumiez, or lie and say everything I make is "SuperExclusiveLimtedEdition" when you only print 20 because thats all you would see. My goal would to be sell as much as possible, not to be a exclusive brand.

Being on very back in America won't hurt business at all. A lot of brand try to act or be super exclusive when they are really not. I would rather sell 500 shirts at $15 than 100 at $35
You working for a printing company is a perk but another that is make sure you designs are clean. It will help with selling.

December 21, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
Broken Bank Clo

increase the weight of your black lines...
I'll play with that idea.

December 21, 2012 @ 11:38 PM
drumyself

http://www.nobodyspecialco.com/

Me and homie decided to finally put our brand on Hypebeast and see what some random people had to say about what we're doing. We've soft launched our 1st season of shirts and sweatshirts online. 

As with everyone doing clothing start up business's now a days it is hard to differentiate yourself from other brands. But we feel as though the designs we've put out and the designs we've still have lined up that we're going to bring back some of what has been missing in the streetwear game. Our designs are inspired by our life, but also from classic ideas and just things that strike your eye and memory. 

Our motto is "Our Way The Only Way" and that's just how we plan to do things. The feedback we're hoping to recieve back is just how do you as a random people look at the clothing from not knowing it from a can of paint. We're all in here looking for constructive criticism so thank you all for looking.  

I didn't want to flood the page with product photos but just take a second to look at the site. 

Nobody Special & Co. http://www.nobodyspecialco.com/

December 22, 2012 @ 12:09 AM
shillco

Hey guys,

Pricing:

Thanks in advance

I not saying sell to Zumiez, or lie and say everything I make is "SuperExclusiveLimtedEdition" when you only print 20 because thats all you would see. My goal would to be sell as much as possible, not to be a exclusive brand.

Being on very back in America won't hurt business at all. A lot of brand try to act or be super exclusive when they are really not. I would rather sell 500 shirts at $15 than 100 at $35
You working for a printing company is a perk but another that is make sure you designs are clean. It will help with selling.
Thanks, for understanding my point. Nobody is original and everyone gets ideas from everyone.
I think your business plan might be a little harder than you think. If you already have a huge following and the retail connects, I'm wrong and I'm sure things will work. Just thinking from a branding stand point, you'll have to convince people that you're not providing cheap clothes but affordable quality clothing. I'd look into other brands that are (kind of) doing the same thing like Everlane.

www.shillingfordco.com

December 22, 2012 @ 12:37 AM
Yeezus

December 22, 2012 @ 01:19 AM
ryder

Hey guys,

Pricing:

Thanks in advance

Thanks, for understanding my point. Nobody is original and everyone gets ideas from everyone.
I think your business plan might be a little harder than you think. If you already have a huge following and the retail connects, I'm wrong and I'm sure things will work. Just thinking from a branding stand point, you'll have to convince people that you're not providing cheap clothes but affordable quality clothing. I'd look into other brands that are (kind of) doing the same thing like Everlane.

You should be using the fact that you get cheap prices as a way to increase profit instead. When someone sees cheap shirts they dont think "oh he must have a hookup at the printshop to get high quality shirts for cheap" they think more like "oh cheap prices mean they are cheap/crappy shirts". Its not always about how many items you can sell. Its about how quickly you can move an item with the best margins. Selling more shirts for less money takes more time and effort. Time + Effort = Money. Money that youre losing because it takes longer to try and sell more of a cheap product.

"The pricing is so low, which means people could cop 2 things instead of 1." You should be attempting to upsell anyways. Dont assume they wont still try and haggle you for a deal because everyone trys that. If youre selling for higher its much easier to come down on price. Kid wants one shirt for $25 and you wanna try and sell him another for $25, he says no, so you counter him with a buy 1 get 1 50% off. Now he feels special because you have ofered him a discounted price that others cant get. This is attractive to a consumer and is a great way to make loyal customers. 

And to Bokenbank comparing selling 500 shirts to 100 shirts... Moving 500 shirts is a lot of fucking work. Tons of labor goes into selling/shipping. So many brands try and take the low route with cheap items hoping they will just sell more because they are cheap and it never works from what i've seen. Its not a scalable business model. People will pay $$ for something they like.

edmflavor.com

December 22, 2012 @ 01:33 AM
qrct1

Me and homie decided to finally put our brand on Hypebeast and see what some random people had to say about what we're doing. We've soft launched our 1st season of shirts and sweatshirts online. 

As with everyone doing clothing start up business's now a days it is hard to differentiate yourself from other brands. But we feel as though the designs we've put out and the designs we've still have lined up that we're going to bring back some of what has been missing in the streetwear game. Our designs are inspired by our life, but also from classic ideas and just things that strike your eye and memory. 

Our motto is "Our Way The Only Way" and that's just how we plan to do things. The feedback we're hoping to recieve back is just how do you as a random people look at the clothing from not knowing it from a can of paint. We're all in here looking for constructive criticism so thank you all for looking.  

I didn't want to flood the page with product photos but just take a second to look at the site. 

you guys are quite frankly nobody special

aeterna13.com

December 22, 2012 @ 01:36 AM
Broken Bank Clo

main thing out of all this is marketing though.
I can see both sides of the scale though so both points are noted.

Just as many if not more people buy shirts at Target as people do at say The Attic or other boutiques.
Selling 500 shirts is a task for a one man team indeed

I guess the most important advice is develope a solid foundation first with a name and idea for a website, market the shit out of that and get the logo recognized before you do anything else.

I wouldn't do a whole bunch of designs until you have a nice following, you don't want to waste good ideas early and burn out fast.

December 22, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
outthewoods

Hi guys. 

Our winter range is now available for a 24hour presale - with free UK delivery in time for christmas. Full launch coming on Sunday 23rd.

All products are organic. All profits go to the British Heart Foundation.

Thanks,

OTWC

http://outthewoodsclothing.bigcartel.com/

thoughts?

Please login first to reply.