Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
December 14, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
colin_nyc

Working on New brand now will post details soon
cool story bro
December 14, 2012 @ 06:46 PM
minsct

So I know someone here will freak out because I'm marketing in here, but before you do just take a breather and remember that this is just an internet forum.

We are doing a holiday free shipping deal from the 14th to the 17th. Only a few 5 panels left. Get them at www.minsct.com

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

December 14, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
thejetlife

EDIT: oops
December 14, 2012 @ 09:26 PM
lowlives

The first GUIDE Holiday Headwear Collection is now available in our Store.

Featuring 3 weights of beanies for any season - in 3 colors.

Zebra (left)-Lightweight
Heather Grey (middle)-Midweight
Black (right)-Heavyweight

All MADE IN THE USA.

Woven Damask "EYE FOR AN EYE" label on the cuff.

www.guideusa.net

Thank you for your support!

Hey man, just a question, what technique did you use to get the font like that in the beanie?

www.lowlivesclothing.com IG: lowlivesclothing

December 15, 2012 @ 02:17 AM
Fifth

Just drop new product and lookbook. 

Full set can be seen through our Facebook

December 15, 2012 @ 02:47 AM
ryder

This is actually such a problem with so many brands in my opinion. Not really referring to hypebeast but kinda using it as an example. Don't talk about anything until it is REAL and available for PURCHASE. You really only have one chance at making a sale with a customer and if you pitch them something that isnt real or available at the time you just wasted an opportunity.

I get messages from people all the time asking for me to check out music/designs/models etc and they dont have anything for me to actually look at they are just making contact which is basically a waste of time an resources. 

How do you guys build up hype for a release? Ive tried many things and so far the thing thats had most success is keeping everything on the downlow until the actually drop. That way i get people first reactions on facebook/twitter/instgram and others can see the positive social interaction.

Interested to see how others do things on here

edmflavor.com

December 15, 2012 @ 03:26 AM
jfergny

Just drop new product and lookbook. 

Full set can be seen through our Facebook

@fifth im really into this. have you guys thought of setting up an actual webstore instead of just doing stuff over email?

WTB: Roshe Run black/stadium green 10.5

December 15, 2012 @ 04:06 AM
Fifth

@jfergny of course we do and we know its a must. However, we're having trouble now since we try to make it by ourself with html/css (just like stray rats). Perhaps anyone knows? Other than that, the webstore should be ready by February 2013 along with S/S collection

Fifth

double

Fifth

triple

December 15, 2012 @ 04:59 AM
awhitehippy

Check out http://rottengoods.com/  for these 2 new shirts. We're an upcoming brand trying to make it in these busy cities. Apologies go out for the small variety since making shirts is not cheap, and we try to get the best quality ones out there. These shirts are starting Rotten Goods out, so your help is needed. We have many more designs planned, so stay awake and don't ever fall asleep on us 
Follow us on twitter at http://twitter.com/rottengoodsLA.
+ Thanks

x

December 15, 2012 @ 05:30 AM
hkeys

This is actually such a problem with so many brands in my opinion. Not really referring to hypebeast but kinda using it as an example. Don't talk about anything until it is REAL and available for PURCHASE. You really only have one chance at making a sale with a customer and if you pitch them something that isnt real or available at the time you just wasted an opportunity.

I get messages from people all the time asking for me to check out music/designs/models etc and they dont have anything for me to actually look at they are just making contact which is basically a waste of time an resources. 

How do you guys build up hype for a release? Ive tried many things and so far the thing thats had most success is keeping everything on the downlow until the actually drop. That way i get people first reactions on facebook/twitter/instgram and others can see the positive social interaction.

Same thing we do. Usually post a picture of some sort of preview or just a little heads up on when the date will be. It's dope when we have people who cop minutes after we release it. Think you can build more anticipation as you grow and keep releasing pieces, it's rad though how there are so many different routes to take when doing anything in this industry really. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

December 15, 2012 @ 05:30 AM
hkeys

Same thing we do. Usually post a picture of some sort of preview or just a little heads up on when the date will be. It's dope when we have people who cop minutes after we release it. Think you can build more anticipation as you grow and keep releasing pieces, it's rad though how there are so many different routes to take when doing anything in this industry really. 

http://thedividedminds.com/

December 15, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
qrct1

does Llowe's use of the collegiate font put them on a pedestal or something?
I don't understand what was so significant about their collection.
they did a button up version of the RL print.

and there was virtually nothing they added to the classic tiger camo print. 

there is a lot of bashing when it comes to upcoming brands employing bold italics or old english fonts in terms of emulating SSUR, Supreme, or Black Scale, but why so lenient to the use of collegiate fonts that so obviously aim for the aesthetic that WTAPS, Neighborhood, and many other influential brands have worked so hard to build?

Only my opinion, but I would like for you guys to toss this around for a bit. There is no way for any being to look to the stars and invent something out of thin air. Everybody builds from the many influences that have shaped their knowledge and tastes. but I utterly feel this collection, LLOWE, contributes nothing to today's streetwear ecosystem, besides a very accurate re-hashing of what people approve on the Pick Ups thread.

LLOWE did put out a wonderful collection. I love their choice of the model, choice of background, actually impressed by their decision to debut with cut & sew. My beef is though, with that kind of talent, why not challenge not only yourselves, but everybody else into thinking ahead of curves of today's trends. I don't believe there will be a significant market that will pay you for doing what everybody else is doing.

No question their collection looks more professional than that of 95% of this thread. I just want to challenge those with most potential.

www.æterna.net/shop

December 15, 2012 @ 09:05 PM
koolkidduk

Edit: wrong quote

www.koolkidd.co.uk

December 15, 2012 @ 09:08 PM
koolkidduk

The first GUIDE Holiday Headwear Collection is now available in our Store.

Featuring 3 weights of beanies for any season - in 3 colors.

Zebra (left)-Lightweight
Heather Grey (middle)-Midweight
Black (right)-Heavyweight

All MADE IN THE USA.

Woven Damask "EYE FOR AN EYE" label on the cuff.

www.guideusa.net

Thank you for your support!

Hey man, just a question, what technique did you use to get the font like that in the beanie?
Looks like an Envelope Distortion to me... smile

www.koolkidd.co.uk

December 15, 2012 @ 09:27 PM
koolkidduk

Love to know your thoughts...  Not the best timing for Tees, but no time like the present to get yourself out there.

You can visit our koolkidd site for more details...

www.koolkidd.co.uk

December 15, 2012 @ 10:01 PM
hashrat

My friend is starting a brand, its called puzzle, its based out of las vegas, they have pattern pocket tees so far..  http://www.puzzlelv.com/
December 15, 2012 @ 11:07 PM
Frank_

My friend is starting a brand, its called puzzle, its based out of las vegas, they have pattern pocket tees so far..  http://www.puzzlelv.com/
no need to hide the fact you made it bruh...

but honestly everybody is doing pocket ts now..your presentation is off need better models and better product shots..........

i know not everybody can get a good camera to use but you can make it work.....

first get behind a white wall...

loose the girl she makes some awkward faces ahahhaa
December 16, 2012 @ 12:06 AM
bedrockhoopz

What do you guys think makes a good design? I feel like everyone hates on everything. Half of the shit on here sucks, I agree, but I've been trying out designs for about 5 months and there has been nothing I'm 100% in love with. The "site's" http://feasible.bigcartel.com/  http://feasiblelife.tumblr.com/ thanks
December 16, 2012 @ 01:09 AM
minsct

Good design is like a puzzle piece. In my opinion, you could make almost any idea look good. Its all about fitting the puzzle pieces just right.

My favorite designers are masters of simplicity. But then again, good design can be complex.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

December 16, 2012 @ 01:12 AM
Yeezus

Which set of pics is better?

Yeezus

" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/6dh9e.jpg[/img]
Yeezus

" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/6dh9e.jpg[/img]
December 16, 2012 @ 02:38 AM
tuesdaygirlfriend

the hoodies look dope.
December 16, 2012 @ 02:38 AM
tuesdaygirlfriend

the hoodies look dope.
December 16, 2012 @ 08:42 AM
qrct1

What do you guys think makes a good design? I feel like everyone hates on everything. Half of the shit on here sucks, I agree, but I've been trying out designs for about 5 months and there has been nothing I'm 100% in love with. The "site's" http://feasible.bigcartel.com/  http://feasiblelife.tumblr.com/ thanks
it will always be a splinter in your mind. i hope you're never satisfied with what you do.

www.æterna.net/shop

December 16, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
nfairmax

you should draw youre designs
December 16, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
aaronstrdywngs

Not been on for a while. Been growing loads recently and we are now stocked in 2 stores. Just re-vampled our site as well. Check it out.

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

December 16, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
aaronstrdywngs

Not been on for a while. Been growing loads recently and we are now stocked in 2 stores. Just re-vampled our site as well. Check it out.

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.