November 29, 2012 @ 07:44 PM
flyathanaverage

I have a question, How do you guys get your labels tags sewn onto your shirts? do they sew them on when you order them, or do you have a 2nd party company sew them on................just curious

Also where do you get your labels from, I have a few places, But I was just curious to know others,

Thanks guys
November 29, 2012 @ 08:04 PM
Danny

Our olive corduroy brim 5 panel
November 29, 2012 @ 08:05 PM
zoidanum

@flyathanaverage: Usually most people tend to get tags done at a different place and hand them to the screenprinter who most likely offers the service of sewing them in.
I do it on my own tho, it's easy and saves you the extra money you would spend on someone else doing it. All you need is a basic household sewing machine and a seamripper. Works like a charm especially if you are still moving in low order territory.
November 29, 2012 @ 08:12 PM
zoidanum

@craftysince90 shape looks kinda off at the picture, maybe try to get a better shot. Otherwise clean hat can't go really wrong with basic color schemes and classic material. No shots tho you are running one of my favorite brands in this thread.
While I'm at it are those leatherpatches embossed or laser engraved? I'm currently contemplating on which of these techniques to use myself.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.
November 29, 2012 @ 08:16 PM
Danny

@craftysince90 shape looks kinda off at the picture, maybe try to get a better shot. Otherwise clean hat can't go really wrong with basic color schemes and classic material. No shots tho you are running one of my favorite brands in this thread.
While I'm at it are those leatherpatches embossed or laser engraved? I'm currently contemplating on which of these techniques to use myself.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Thanks!! We try to go with timeless colors that can go with a lot. I know, im sorry for the picture just got these in today and took that with my iphone lol! I think the badges are embossed we didnt do them ourselves. Love
November 29, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
DonKing

Hard Knoxx

I began this project back in 2008 when I was a freshman. It all began with some sketches that were going to be on some hats. Over time, I wanted to expand than just making hats and decided that I would start a small brand. 4 years later, I began production of the Hard Knoxx clothing company and slowly, my small dream is becoming a reality. During the last 4 years, I have expanded my knowledge on street wear cultures and used that into constructing this brand. I have the support from my city and im looking to expand the brand to a national scale and eventually, work my way to being one of the most respected companies in the industry.

Make sure to check out the website premier on Saturday, December 1st, 2012 @ 7pm
The Spring/Summer Collection will drop February 2013.
Lookbook coming soon.
Also, please make sure to follow our twitter page below to stay tuned to future updates and teasers.
Thanks to all who support small brands.

Hard Knoxx Twitter

Hard Knoxx

I've seen you on strictly supreme no??

digging the logo.

man, ive been following your brand since you started previewing samples on SS. always been interested in seeing more of what you are going to release! glad to see what you are releasing finally. will definately spread the word around.
November 29, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
minsct

hey guys, about to launch a collaborative art project, basically a platform so i can get my unmotivated friend's incredible art out somehow (shirts, sweaters, etc).
i'm starting with my own caps, this is the first design.
this isn't much like other stuff on here, the 959 family are trippers.

have had these for months and have been putting off launching this thing,
please help me out here and give me some constructive criticism.

These look really cool. This is coming from someone who enjoys to 'trip' every once and a while. Not sure how these would do on the open market, they may do well, they may not depending on how people respond to the 'crazy all-over' look.

In terms of launching, get your stuff together homie! Don't expect to pop stuff online and immediately sell it. People want there to be a brand behind what they buy. Building a brand takes alot of time and effort. Start now.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

November 29, 2012 @ 09:19 PM
Danny

heres a better pic to see the shape
November 29, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
flyathanaverage

@zoidanum Thansk alot, for the info. it has helped

Thanks
November 29, 2012 @ 10:40 PM
Trespace

looks sweet G, psyched to see whats in store.
November 29, 2012 @ 10:59 PM
shillco

@casein_point my bad. @tresmil like the clean designs so far.

www.shillingfordco.com

November 30, 2012 @ 12:28 AM
DEADHOMME

Who sewed the patches? Stephen Hawking?

nope, it was edward barbanell.

Who sewed the patches? Stephen Hawking?

Save the douchebag comments for other threads.

If you don't like someones work, tell them like a man... don't be a dick.

@deadsociety - your tags look a bit sloppy. I'd try and get better sewing done next time.

Thanks man. appreciate it.
and yeah i still got a lot left that need to be sewed on. this "so called professional" fucked some up. So hopefully i find someone who does a better job asap.

Have you considered just getting a standard Singer machine and learning yourself? It's fairly easy and can save you a lot of time and money. Just a suggestion.

took your advice and did them myself. I have experience but never thought i would be able to. thanks!
here's a shot of them now.

www.deadsocietyclothing.tumblr.com / www.deadsociety.bigcartel.com / www.facebook.com/deadsocietyprojects

November 30, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
DEADHOMME

DEAD PAISLEY.
now available too.

www.deadsocietyclothing.tumblr.com / www.deadsociety.bigcartel.com / www.facebook.com/deadsocietyprojects

November 30, 2012 @ 01:57 AM
mobbyluii

looks sweet G, psyched to see whats in store.

thanks man! will be dropping some new previews in a bit!
@casein_point my bad. @tresmil like the clean designs so far.

thanks alot man!

IG: @mobbyluii

November 30, 2012 @ 02:19 AM
al dente co.

DEAD PAISLEY.
now available too.

Ha... i was working on a design today that was a bandana print but it came out like shit. executed this one nice.

looks good.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

November 30, 2012 @ 03:00 AM
lowlives

A lot of potential in this thread guys.. wish everyone the best of luck to reach the top!

www.lowlivesclothing.com IG: lowlivesclothing

November 30, 2012 @ 03:54 PM
UNscenefuture

Something I have seen and have taken notice over time when I come into this topic.

Designers! Invest in good designers, I can't stress this enough to anyone that wants to start a line. I'm not talking about your homeboy that knows a little about Photoshop or you managing to get a burnt copy of Illustrator and played around with it for a month or so and now you consider yourself a full fledged designer. When it comes to apparel, concepts will only take you so far. Study the principles of design, study other great designers. Figure out what you like about certain brands; is it the typography, the artwork, color pallet, etc. I got my BFA last year and I'm still working on my portfolio and site. It's not a game out here in the design world, save yourself some time and money and study. It's a reason why Supreme has been around practically forever and will continue to after this stint of Supreme hype dies down.

Also when you decide to hire designers expect to pay. I tell ya if you want me to create something for you I'm not cheap. I'm more affordable than many and will work with you, but not how some brands have tried to low ball me (smh).

Anyway on to my promotional material.

Basically I will be periodically releasing my artwork on various mediums, could be pillows, could be toilet seat covers, could be mugs. The first go round will be shirts, everything will be conceptual. The concept behind the first piece is "Absolute Fame Corrupts". I feel the endless pursuit of anything eventually tarnishes a person, so much so they transform into something entirely different. To me there is no better example of that then Kanye West (been following his career since the first album). I'm talking with different printers now to get these guys ready for purchase. This is not a clothing line but more of a artistic endeavor. Once they are printed I will have a site up where you can get them.

Last but not least I designed some dope stickers, I titled "Ph-real" the Smurf. They will also be available to be bought as well once the site is up. For those interested follow me on Instagram: UNSCENEFUTURE or Twitter: UNSCNFUTR for updates.

Twitter: @UNSCNFUTR | Instagram: UNSCENEFUTURE | Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/unscenefuture

November 30, 2012 @ 03:57 PM
UNscenefuture

Something I have seen and have taken notice over time when I come into this topic.

Designers! Invest in good designers, I can't stress this enough to anyone that wants to start a line. I'm not talking about your homeboy that knows a little about Photoshop or you managing to get a burnt copy of Illustrator and played around with it for a month or so and now you consider yourself a full fledged designer. When it comes to apparel, concepts will only take you so far. Study the principles of design, study other great designers. Figure out what you like about certain brands; is it the typography, the artwork, color pallet, etc. I got my BFA last year and I'm still working on my portfolio and site. It's not a game out here in the design world, save yourself some time and money and study. It's a reason why Supreme has been around practically forever and will continue to after this stint of Supreme hype dies down.

Also when you decide to hire designers expect to pay. I tell ya if you want me to create something for you I'm not cheap. I'm more affordable than many and will work with you, but not how some brands have tried to low ball me (smh).

Anyway on to my promotional material.

Basically I will be periodically releasing my artwork on various mediums, could be pillows, could be toilet seat covers, could be mugs. The first go round will be shirts, everything will be conceptual. The concept behind the first piece is "Absolute Fame Corrupts". I feel the endless pursuit of anything eventually tarnishes a person, so much so they transform into something entirely different. To me there is no better example of that then Kanye West (been following his career since the first album). I'm talking with different printers now to get these guys ready for purchase. This is not a clothing line but more of a artistic endeavor. Once they are printed I will have a site up where you can get them.

Last but not least I designed some dope stickers, I titled "Ph-real" the Smurf. They will also be available to be bought as well once the site is up. For those interested follow me on Instagram: UNSCENEFUTURE or Twitter: UNSCNFUTR for updates.

Twitter: @UNSCNFUTR | Instagram: UNSCENEFUTURE | Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/unscenefuture

November 30, 2012 @ 10:16 PM
twincolumn

@wcfrontrvnners I was just thinking about the same thing. Of all the reviews I've read, I decided to go with a Sony Nex Series Camera. Nex-3 maybe just cause its the cheapest and still a great SLR.

TwinColumn.com @TwinColumnCult Facebook.com/TwinColumn

November 30, 2012 @ 11:43 PM
wcfrontrvnners

@twincolumn let me know how that one is, it's just a shame because my friend has the 60d Canon and it makes my pictures look like shit, so now I'm selling my xsi to upgrade.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

December 1, 2012 @ 11:53 AM
-x

We are not like you.
TenthmuseBC

http://tenthmusebc.com

December 1, 2012 @ 02:59 PM
Yeezus

Just released:

www.goldlinefashion.co.uk
December 1, 2012 @ 03:11 PM
Yeezus

Nappa leather pocket sweatshirts now available @ www.goldlinefashion.co.uk

December 1, 2012 @ 04:14 PM
AreteBrand

@unscenefuture those smurf stickers are dope, you using that design on any clothing?

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

December 1, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
AreteBrand

@twincolumn definitely let me know too about that camera, been looking into that one

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

December 1, 2012 @ 05:24 PM
Jake Ocean

Thought I would put this here. Pretty excited to be on Fab in a couple weeks on December 11th. We're gonna be dropping some new items along with restocking some old, with some crazy low prices.

http://www.distantlight.co

December 1, 2012 @ 05:34 PM
shillco

@rashaun I'm not very HB but just an admirer of the style and eye for design (and simplicity). So take this for what it's worth. The logo seems a bit off/ unbalanced to me. There's definitely too much going on in the first image. I'd play around with eye and triangle image, maybe not have the eye touching the sides of the triangle. Also, play around with thickness of the stroke.

And, I try a different font too. The ampersand is cool (maybe use that font for that) but the typewriter look just reminds me of a term paper.

The we are not like kind of bothers me too but I'm not HB and if it works/ sells, leave it.

@yeezus looks like you still have the American Apparel tags in the sweaters. Have you thought about screening your tags or having them sewn it. Shouldn't cost that much more and would make your sweaters perfect. Anyway, very nice work.

www.shillingfordco.com

December 1, 2012 @ 06:01 PM
carrot

Decided to make a small investment into a camera to boost our presentation. Here's a small flick I took that features our stickers.

Nice
December 1, 2012 @ 06:47 PM
-x

There has been a shift in consciousness.
TenthmuseBC

http://tenthmusebc.com

December 1, 2012 @ 07:00 PM
jarrelsylvers

Hey guys this is a repost of my brand. Check out the pics and give me some fresh feedback on my site: afloatco.com and of the line in general.

My Own Boss Tee

The Ambitious Sweater

The Dreamers Tee

Afloat Logo Tee

Check out the entire lookbook here

Thanks in advance guys

afloatcoclothing.com l @AfloatCo l afloatcoclothing.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.