Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
November 27, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
flauwekul

This is the promo-tee for my clothing label, i sold this for the price that I bought it to friends and fam.

Please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
W.FLAUWEKULCLOTHING.COM

Nice I like the tiger theme of the brand but is that what you plan to use like 3-4 years dpwm the road. i can see it kinda being boring after a while..just wondering

It's the logo of the brand, it's a tiger with horns like a rhino, 3 eyes, and human ear as well as normal tiger ears, so actually the logo is just bullshit but it looks dope (imo). BUT that is exactly the concept behind my brand, just making designs without only one subject behind it and not meant to be taken to seriously. Cause these days you got brands that release an almost white tee, and there is a 7 page concept behind it.

btw, FLAUWEKUL is a corny dutch word for Bullshit

i'll be honest homie, all I saw was a tiger. i didnt see the horns, ears, extra eye thing. but the design still looks dope even if its just a normal tiger. i just didnt see the other things because adding those things just blend in with the tiger stripes and you can't really see it.. unless that's what you were going for.

It indeed was what i was going for, i wanted it to still ook natural though.
November 27, 2012 @ 05:54 PM
qrct1

it's too detailed for it to be translated to other mediums easily
you want it to look good small or big

you may be limited when you decide to put that on a hat
the shading on the tiger may be too much

www.æterna.net/shop

November 27, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
qrct1

What up! I have been selling my tees locally for a little bit out the trunk of my car, tradeshows, and online. I never really was educated on what streetwear was. It was just fresh gear where I come from. So I created my line because I wanted something different to wear and was getting tired of wearing the same gear as everyone in my neighborhood. As I got started I really got into the community which eventually landed me hear to Hypebeast. This forum is great. I respect everyone's hustle in this thread and see now what I've been missing out on.

Anyways before I start sounding too corny. I recently got onto kazbah.com and learned their were over 500 brands on there. Theirs tons of great gear and plenty I would pass on at the same time. I just wanted to get some brutally honest opinions from folks around the world on my tees. Let me know how you all feel and I would appreciate the support by liking sharing or whatever all my contacts at the bottom. Thanks

Tumble: http://exquisitecollections.tumblr.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Exquisite-Collections/118913874796237
Twiter: @ExquisiteFresh
Our website: www.exquisitecollecions.co
Kazbah: http://www.kazbah.com/browse?VendorId=10197&Pgroup=1
Instagram: @exquisitecollections

i checked out your tumblr and i liked how your design vision is consistent and dope,
but your bear in the stars design is questionable as to who this tee is catering to

www.æterna.net/shop

November 27, 2012 @ 06:35 PM
1nonlydrew12

This is the promo-tee for my clothing label, i sold this for the price that I bought it to friends and fam.

Please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
W.FLAUWEKULCLOTHING.COM

Nice I like the tiger theme of the brand but is that what you plan to use like 3-4 years dpwm the road. i can see it kinda being boring after a while..just wondering

It's the logo of the brand, it's a tiger with horns like a rhino, 3 eyes, and human ear as well as normal tiger ears, so actually the logo is just bullshit but it looks dope (imo). BUT that is exactly the concept behind my brand, just making designs without only one subject behind it and not meant to be taken to seriously. Cause these days you got brands that release an almost white tee, and there is a 7 page concept behind it.

btw, FLAUWEKUL is a corny dutch word for Bullshit
Finally finished my line sheet.. I posted a preview of it before, Its in its complete stage though!! im not trying to Spam this thread at all, and ill take it down if requested!! , i swear!! I'd just love some honest feedback, especially on the look of the line sheet it self! Im sure everyone isnt going to love what i have to offer regarding the clothing and thats fine, im not trying to appeal to everyone!!!

Thanks for the feedback guys
www.theargotiers.com

thoughts..?

no offense but i hate the whole aesthetic of it. it seems like it has the potential to go somewhere but the quality is not there. For your company''s sake i hope u guys come out with some quality stuff n a HD camera...just my opinion

From what I understand these are just concepts, as in photoshop mockups or something of the like. If you could vectorize the images or actually get them printed and take a picture I bet some of the stuff would look pretty good. That being said, some of the shirts have more potential than others, I'd definitley rock the starry nights cap though.

Yeah, thats pretty much it..they are mock ups. I guess it could be complement to the mockups if someone thinks my mock ups are actual photos!! The renderings are in vector format placed into a psd file. and these are 60% sized jpgs of that file so its a bit compressed!

Yeah some of the shirts are pretty dope and some are pretty minimalistic, Im trying to incorporate a preference for either within my aesthetic..

I know my demographic sometimes may want a tee they can just throw on and skate in.. or one they can go out in.. ya know.. im trying to market to either side of that.. =)

That starry night 5 panel is being sampled as we speak! Ill post the pics from the manufacture once i get them!!

I agree with most of your statements so far. I've talked to many retailers before and line sheets don't have to be elaborate. Retailers just want to see a mock up of the product. I've seen some of the bigger companies line sheets and they were no where near as nice. I like a lot of your pieces, especially the starry nights 5 panel. I'll need one of those as well.

My only critique is that if this is for retailers you need to add your wholesale price, and suggested retail price, and your min order (if your going to have one).
November 27, 2012 @ 06:50 PM
timk125

@runnerupapparel I saw a picture on tumblr of Josh Hutcherson wearing your hat the other day.
November 27, 2012 @ 07:04 PM
runnerupapparel

@timk125 Haha yeah. Apparently he bought one at this store I have my product at in San Francisco.
November 27, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
timk125

@runnerupapparel That's pretty rad. Should be good for getting you name out there.
November 27, 2012 @ 07:42 PM
runnerupapparel

@timk125 Yeah it was super random. That's what I thought but the photo itself has to get more exposure. It would be dope if he got a photo taken of him in it that got thrown in a magazine.
November 27, 2012 @ 07:54 PM
seventh

There's like 20 pictures of him in that hat.
November 27, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
runnerupapparel

@seventh I've only seen a couple. Could you direct me to them?
November 27, 2012 @ 09:08 PM
seventh

November 27, 2012 @ 09:17 PM
lowlives

Hey guys I have some questions, if you project your label to a clothing store, how does payment usually work? do they pay upfront or when product sells? and how is it improving your sales?

www.lowlivesclothing.com IG: lowlivesclothing

November 27, 2012 @ 09:18 PM
runnerupapparel

@seventh Thanks man. There a some good photos there.
November 27, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
HighlyHonored

Deleted

IG: HighlyHonored - Highlyhonored.com

November 27, 2012 @ 11:21 PM
minsct

Hey guys I have some questions, if you project your label to a clothing store, how does payment usually work? do they pay upfront or when product sells? and how is it improving your sales?

Different retail spaces will do things differently. Some do consignment, some pay upfront. The best bet for you would be to find retailers that pay upfront.

I am currently in a few stores and I have seen a minor sales improvement. I think its important to have physical products in retail spaces that you want representing your brand. Don't just throw your digs into Boys Co. just because they want to buy 50 units off you. Unless you swing that way.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

November 27, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
kingdomcloco

Wassup fam its Def VaNDaL the owner of Kingdom Clothing Co (KCc) I started KCc a little over the year ago and I haven't looked back. I could do with some your feedback on the brand, what you guys are feeling and what you guys arnt. Ive got beanies, hoodies and ton of new gear dropping soon so watch this space.
Mainly sell at our
ONLINE STORE+ www.kingdomclothingco.com
but you can usually also catch us at sneaker events, bboy jams and big music festivals like our latest booth that was in Atlanta GA's A3C Hip hop festival.
appreciate your feed back in advance, peace+
November 28, 2012 @ 02:02 AM
logojones

@kingdomcloco

I'm not too much into the graffiti look but it seems like you have a strong passion for it. Which is the most important thing . I would focus on your website layout and navigation, people want to feel comfortable on a site and not that the sites going to scam them of their money. Have and fun with it and good luck.

- check out www.wix.com or www.weebly.com they have some great website layouts

r e a c h 4 t h e s t a r s b u t d o n t g e t 2 c l o s e y o u m i g h t b u r n y o u r h a n d

November 28, 2012 @ 04:30 AM
Jake Ocean

There's several methods people use when working with retail stores. Some go on consignment, but I typically like to Keystone. Keystoning is where your wholesale prices are half the retail price, and the store will double the wholesale price. This way you get the full payment up front.

If the store sells out of your product, they will most likely come back to you. I'm stocked in two stores and I think it's great exposure, and thrilling to know your shit is in a store.

http://www.distantlight.co

November 28, 2012 @ 04:39 AM
lowlives

There's several methods people use when working with retail stores. Some go on consignment, but I typically like to Keystone. Keystoning is where your wholesale prices are half the retail price, and the store will double the wholesale price. This way you get the full payment up front.

If the store sells out of your product, they will most likely come back to you. I'm stocked in two stores and I think it's great exposure, and thrilling to know your shit is in a store.

Thanks for the answer man.. Yeah slowly but surely. I'd be stoked as well

www.lowlivesclothing.com IG: lowlivesclothing

November 28, 2012 @ 05:02 AM
zevlove

Wassup fam its Def VaNDaL the owner of Kingdom Clothing Co (KCc) I started KCc a little over the year ago and I haven't looked back. I could do with some your feedback on the brand, what you guys are feeling and what you guys arnt. Ive got beanies, hoodies and ton of new gear dropping soon so watch this space.
Mainly sell at our
ONLINE STORE+ www.kingdomclothingco.com
but you can usually also catch us at sneaker events, bboy jams and big music festivals like our latest booth that was in Atlanta GA's A3C Hip hop festival.
appreciate your feed back in advance, peace+

Have you ever considered logging off?

WTB: FISHBONES SHIRT SZ.L & THE CREATURE HOODIE GREY SZ.L

November 28, 2012 @ 05:30 AM
jarrelsylvers

@kingdomcloco I'm really not feeling the graphic you put up here. I would like to see the product clearer. I would opt for a simple shot of a model rocking a tee. I think using a different font would be more effective as well, I wouldn't really ever use a cursive font for something like this.

I really like the front page of your site though, I think it's effective. The clothes aren't my cup of tee but I would get feedback on the line far as the designs and get a group of ppl to review the next line while in production to really enhance it.

The models shots in your lookbook are ok but I want to see ppl involved within your niche in the photos. I'm thinking you're going after bboy's and classic hip-hop fans from what I saw in the blog and videos. And adding that feel to the lookbook would make it more appealing. And I would take out the product photos. Some of the shirts looked wrinkled and I know they weren't at there best. I would just do all model pics for the next campaign.

Hope this helps, just trying to give thoughtful feedback, and I wish you success

afloatcoclothing.com l @AfloatCo l afloatcoclothing.tumblr.com

November 28, 2012 @ 05:56 AM
kingdomcloco

@kingdomcloco

I'm not too much into the graffiti look but it seems like you have a strong passion for it. Which is the most important thing . I would focus on your website layout and navigation, people want to feel comfortable on a site and not that the sites going to scam them of their money. Have and fun with it and good luck.

- check out www.wix.com or www.weebly.com they have some great website layouts

Thanks for the feedback +
November 28, 2012 @ 05:59 AM
kingdomcloco

@kingdomcloco I'm really not feeling the graphic you put up here. I would like to see the product clearer. I would opt for a simple shot of a model rocking a tee. I think using a different font would be more effective as well, I wouldn't really ever use a cursive font for something like this.

I really like the front page of your site though, I think it's effective. The clothes aren't my cup of tee but I would get feedback on the line far as the designs and get a group of ppl to review the next line while in production to really enhance it.

The models shots in your lookbook are ok but I want to see ppl involved within your niche in the photos. I'm thinking you're going after bboy's and classic hip-hop fans from what I saw in the blog and videos. And adding that feel to the lookbook would make it more appealing. And I would take out the product photos. Some of the shirts looked wrinkled and I know they weren't at there best. I would just do all model pics for the next campaign.

Hope this helps, just trying to give thoughtful feedback, and I wish you success

J thanks for taking the time to give your detailed break down, some good points that I will definitely take for action+
November 28, 2012 @ 06:48 AM
nakdapparel

how do you post pics in here?
November 28, 2012 @ 11:51 AM
AreteBrand

Just some pictures from the shoot, thoughts?

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

November 28, 2012 @ 11:55 AM
AreteBrand

Video Lookbook,opinions?

all you really demonstrated about the apollo lifestyle is that:
- you guys hang out with girls
- yall real chill with the police
- and one of you know how to ride a skateboard

Yeah, I realized that.Currently working on a video that gives a better idea of what we are. This was more of us just hanging out during the photoshoot and shouldn't of been the lookbook. Thanks!

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

November 28, 2012 @ 11:56 AM
AreteBrand

Video Lookbook,opinions?

all you really demonstrated about the apollo lifestyle is that:
- you guys hang out with girls
- yall real chill with the police
- and one of you know how to ride a skateboard

I have to agree with you on this. Its just like anyother brand with nothng behind it.

Sorry you feel this way, we'll drop something so you know what we're about.

November 28, 2012 @ 01:16 PM
jackset

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Set/242671629113331

www.setstore.co.uk

Instagram: set_store #stayset www.setstore.co.uk

November 28, 2012 @ 02:17 PM
dunceanddreamer

New brand, please give us feedback.
http://www.LoveLifeSwagger.com

New brand, please give us feedback.
http://www.LoveLifeSwagger.com

The model is smoking hot. But that cant be what you depend on, I don't really see any cohesion?

Waking up & Dreaming. www.facebook.com/DunceandDreamer @dunceanddreamer

November 28, 2012 @ 02:46 PM
flyathanaverage

Not really new, but new to the forum, check us out we are a clothing brand for the everyday sneaker heads & individuals, We provide sneaker tees, hoodies, and tanks. We have items that match sneakers and items that everyone can wear, check out some of our items below and give us a visit at our site www.flyathanaverage.com

www.flyathanaverage.com
blog.flyathanaverage.com
www.twitter.com/flyathanaverage

Please login first to reply.