Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
February 21, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
madhaussss

can I get some honest feedback on this preliminary logo? I just got into illustrator so its pretty basic.

some honest feedback on that is, go into illustrator right now and erase it.
sorry to be blunt but you may want to take more time and put more thought into making a logo.

what does a good logo consist of?

Not necessarily the execution that is bad its just a bad concept. Equals sign? come on man. Not saying everything has to be a box logo but I swear you can be a little more creative and if you can't you should quit now. Try actually drawing something first before you go to the computer.

what is that supposed to represent? does it describe you brand? what is it?
to me, all it is is a black and yellow circle. 0 in originality and the concept sucks.

thanks for the honest advice. but what makes up a good logo? like what are the components of a really good one?

It totally depends on the subject matter.. BUT in my opinion.. a logo is always works best if you can recognise it at a small scale, regular and large scale.. if it does;t it does;t communicate very well BUT with saying this.. not ALL logos need to be 50x50 pixels and not all need to be large.. it depends on what it's purpose is..

It should also be memorable, not necessarily the most original idea but still, memorable.

REIS means voyage or holiday but it could also mean rays/raise so that's why I like the idea of a circle because its like a sun (rays). But I also want to include the idea of a holiday/voyage.

How about something linked to navigation then? or something more obvious.. because that looks bugger all like a sun to me

yeah but the way the word reis is used is that it indicates more of a feeling of a holiday.
February 21, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
BlackAndColour

Flash sale over at Black & Colour for those interested

blkandclr.bigcartel.com

The girl @ blkandclr.com

February 22, 2012 @ 01:08 AM
JOSTYLES

can I get some honest feedback on this preliminary logo? I just got into illustrator so its pretty basic.

sorry to be blunt but you may want to take more time and put more thought into making a logo.

Not necessarily the execution that is bad its just a bad concept. Equals sign? come on man. Not saying everything has to be a box logo but I swear you can be a little more creative and if you can't you should quit now. Try actually drawing something first before you go to the computer.

to me, all it is is a black and yellow circle. 0 in originality and the concept sucks.

thanks for the honest advice. but what makes up a good logo? like what are the components of a really good one?

It totally depends on the subject matter.. BUT in my opinion.. a logo is always works best if you can recognise it at a small scale, regular and large scale.. if it does;t it does;t communicate very well BUT with saying this.. not ALL logos need to be 50x50 pixels and not all need to be large.. it depends on what it's purpose is..

It should also be memorable, not necessarily the most original idea but still, memorable.

REIS means voyage or holiday but it could also mean rays/raise so that's why I like the idea of a circle because its like a sun (rays). But I also want to include the idea of a holiday/voyage.

How about something linked to navigation then? or something more obvious.. because that looks bugger all like a sun to me

yeah but the way the word reis is used is that it indicates more of a feeling of a holiday.

I think that the logo just looks so typical and cliche. Make it less flashy and make it timeless. Minimalism- less is more.
February 22, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
andrew

Brand: Beyond All Reach
So far have done some tees and crewnecks, you can check it all out at --- let me know your thoughts and/or insight ....

Here is the main logo:

Promo tees:

First graphic tee:

First crewneck:
February 22, 2012 @ 02:42 AM
andrew

ok
February 22, 2012 @ 02:57 AM
Jake Ocean

So far have done some tees and crewnecks, you can check it all out at beyondallreach.com — let me know your thoughts and/or insight ….

Here is the main logo:

Promo tees:

First graphic tee:

First crewneck:

HAHA!
http://designspiration.net/image/1370/

http://www.distantlight.co

February 22, 2012 @ 02:59 AM
Jake Ocean

That logo seriously is so confusing. May want to hire a designer to do a good one.

February 22, 2012 @ 03:11 AM
andrew

That logo seriously is so confusing. May want to hire a designer to do a good one.

Really? What don't you see? There's a B, an A, and an R =B.A.R.= [B]eyond [A]ll [R]each
February 22, 2012 @ 03:15 AM
Beas

So far have done some tees and crewnecks, you can check it all out at beyondallreach.com — let me know your thoughts and/or insight ….

Here is the main logo:

Promo tees:

First graphic tee:

First crewneck:

HAHA!
http://designspiration.net/image/1370/

You guys didn't even use that as inspiration, you just jacked the design.
February 22, 2012 @ 03:52 AM
xzther

I originally owned a retail store called LGNDS in Salem, MA over a year ago. i had a full selection of skate/bmx parts & accessories as well as clothing lines like Diamond Supply Co., LRG, Play Cloths, Mighty Healthy, and more. I started producing LGNDS brand products (always paying attention to details - sewn tags, etc) and now that I don't have the store (long story) I've been putting a lot more focus on expanding the brand. We're in a few stores and have been doing very consistant online sales. Focus is clean & functional apparel with an East Coast vibe. We used to be able to see the ocean from our storefront so I reflect that in our designs. Some things I've done, am doing, and plan on doing below...all feedback is appreciated!!! www.shopLGNDS.com - twitter/tumblr: rickylgnds

http://i.imgur.com/3XJoS.jpg

Probably the cleanest brand in this thread, looks like time and effort was really put into this project.
February 22, 2012 @ 03:53 AM
Jake Ocean

Really? What don't you see? There's a B, an A, and an R =B.A.R.= [B]eyond [A]ll [R]each

looks like LOTP to me.

And pretty sure that the image is a public domain, so your ok to use it. but when using designs as inspiration, use them as more of a reference, rather than just taking the design for yourself.

February 22, 2012 @ 04:28 AM
andrew

looks like LOTP to me.

And pretty sure that the image is a public domain, so your ok to use it. but when using designs as inspiration, use them as more of a reference, rather than just taking the design for yourself.

Yeah you right, sources shall be cited-- our clothing is suppose to be a reflection of our vintage collections which serve as the main line of business at this point. Feedback much appreciated
February 22, 2012 @ 07:37 PM
tslsole

What's up people! I'm new to the hypebeast scene and I just started a clothing line called The Solefull Lounge. Many people ask what does your name mean? well, SOLE represents an individual within a group or society (sole survivor), FULL represents being at the highest or greatest degree (full strength) and LOUNGE represents comfort, class, relaxation, and entertainment. Therefore, through fashion, The Solefull Lounge reflects an atmosphere that embodies comfort, class, relaxation, and entertainment by designing and selling apparel that not only represents and celebrates the individual, but apparel that also represents their Style, Originality, Love, and Education at its greatest degree. As a sneakerhead and fan of the sneaker culture, I also create a lot of sneaker concepts and art that relate to my brand. Take a look at some of the shirts that we are selling online. Any feedback would be great.

Like Us on Facebook: The Solefull Lounge

February 22, 2012 @ 10:59 PM
Broken Bank Clo

IMHO a logo describes your band. Most of the time a logo is something easy on the eyes. Most people have a small intention span and you have maybe 5 seconds to catch their attention or all is lost.
Make a logo that in one graphic describes your brand and is easy to recognize.
Something that as soon as you see it you are like "bam" and you say the name of the company.

just like with many other brands out there like Nike, Adidas etc you see their logo and you automatically think of the brand name.

words can work but make it appealing to the eye.
You don't want people to have a brain seizures when they look @ it

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

February 23, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
madhaussss

yeah like right now I have a really good idea for a logo but I think its way too complicated for the 5 seconds.

IMHO a logo describes your band. Most of the time a logo is something easy on the eyes. Most people have a small intention span and you have maybe 5 seconds to catch their attention or all is lost.
Something that as soon as you see it you are like "bam" and you say the name of the company.

just like with many other brands out there like Nike, Adidas etc you see their logo and you automatically think of the brand name.

February 23, 2012 @ 02:33 AM
madhaussss

yeah like right now I have a really good idea for a logo but I think its way too complicated for the 5 seconds.

yeah like right now I have a really good idea for a logo but I'm worried that its too complicated. What's the border between complication and beauty/attentiongrabber?
February 23, 2012 @ 02:49 AM
wiltedco

What's up guys we are back.
These are 2 sample shirts that we made that are leading up to our actual release in late March early April

We have more photos of this small shoot on our facebook
https://www.facebook.com/WiltedCo
If you would like to purchase we have up we have a couple on sale
http://wilted.bigcartel.com/

Feedback would be appreciated.
February 23, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
joeschott

We have more photos of this small shoot on our facebook
https://www.facebook.com/WiltedCo
If you would like to purchase we have up we have a couple on sale
http://wilted.bigcartel.com/

feedback on the shirts would be appreciated
we won't get butt hurt this time Jake

IMO you should provide feedback for other brands instead of simply dumping shit here and expecting people to take time out to look at it and give you feedback without you providing anything to the thread

Owner/Creator: nopeclothing.com / fypblog.com

February 23, 2012 @ 05:00 AM
wiltedco

We are simply just looking for some feed back and will return the favor as soon as we can
we haven't been on lately due to some circumstances
so please be patient with us
as you can see we are fairly new here and haven't posted much
February 23, 2012 @ 05:26 AM
wiltedco

yeah like right now I have a really good idea for a logo but I'm worried that its too complicated. What's the border between complication and beauty/attentiongrabber?

I personally think simplicity is the key. If you take a look at brands like Emerica, Adidas, Nike,DeathWish, etc.
They all have a simple logos and like Vega_Box mentioned most people take a quick glance and either forget or remember. When it comes down to having a lot of stuff going on most people tend to be lazy and move on then sit closer to their screen to read the 20 words on your logo. Unless it's something amazing right?
February 23, 2012 @ 06:32 AM
hypebeast1

I personally think simplicity is the key. If you take a look at brands like Emerica, Adidas, Nike,DeathWish, etc.
They all have a simple logos and like Vega_Box mentioned most people take a quick glance and either forget or remember. When it comes down to having a lot of stuff going on most people tend to be lazy and move on then sit closer to their screen to read the 20 words on your logo. Unless it's something amazing right?

When it comes down to logo; less is MORE. Simple & clean; not overly complicated with the design.
February 23, 2012 @ 07:31 AM
hypebeast1

Sorry to break it to you, but I thought I've seen something similar...
February 23, 2012 @ 08:37 AM
streetshark

I originally owned a retail store called LGNDS in Salem, MA over a year ago. i had a full selection of skate/bmx parts & accessories as well as clothing lines like Diamond Supply Co., LRG, Play Cloths, Mighty Healthy, and more. I started producing LGNDS brand products (always paying attention to details - sewn tags, etc) and now that I don't have the store (long story) I've been putting a lot more focus on expanding the brand. We're in a few stores and have been doing very consistant online sales. Focus is clean & functional apparel with an East Coast vibe. We used to be able to see the ocean from our storefront so I reflect that in our designs. Some things I've done, am doing, and plan on doing below...all feedback is appreciated!!! www.shopLGNDS.com - twitter/tumblr: rickylgnds

http://i.imgur.com/3XJoS.jpg

Probably the cleanest brand in this thread, looks like time and effort was really put into this project.

Real quality stuff

www.wolfpartyusa.com

February 23, 2012 @ 08:26 PM
-ROY-

LGNDS stuff is pretty ill...nice work. Alright guys heres what we came up with for our first tee. Sorry for the shit cellphone pics..We dont have a website yet and havent done any photoshoots or anything, saving that for our next offering. These were primarily sold to friends and shit on fb/twitter just to see what kind response we got. It went well, sold out. Im excited for the future, website, promo, better quality etc. Any and all feed back would be awesome! Thanks guys!

February 23, 2012 @ 08:40 PM
tslsole

Sorry to break it to you, but I thought I've seen something similar...

I'm aware of that homie! That tee is one of our signature tees and it's inspired off of Wale's logo. As a sneakerhead and fan of Wale's music, The Solefull Lounge took that logo and flipped it. It also represents style, originality, love, education.

Check out some of our other fresh designs: www.shop.tslsole.com
February 24, 2012 @ 02:41 PM
rickylgnds

I appreciate the kind words guys! Here's a couple new tees we just dropped last week:

I also wanted to provide some feedback on a couple of the other brands. None of these things are being said in a "my brand is better than yours na na nana na" type of way so please don't take it that way.

In my opinion, A LOT of the brands posted in here just look super amateur-ish. Like I rarely see stuff I could invision on store racks next to the big brands. Obviously, that level of quality isn't always going to be achieved on your first drop or anything but you should also consider what's going on around you and how it's going to stack up. HIRE A DESIGNER, find a friend who designs, do SOMEthing....if you have to ask what software to use to design shirts, then you probably aren't ready to be designing shirts....

Blk&Clr looks super well-designed, but I feel like you'd have much more luck setting up tables at Bring Me The Horizon shows rather than on Hybebeast and with kids into streetwear. That may be why you haven't gotten as good of feedback here as you probably deserve.

R=E=I=S ...you might be able to rock with that black and yellow logo but you gotta refine it. A lot of iconic logos could be re-made in about 30 seconds - think Nike logo - but that doesn't mean the logo was originally made in 30 seconds...

Beyond All Reach - I see LOTP aswell. I agree with Jake on this one.

www.shoplgnds.com | LGNDS NEVER DIE!

February 25, 2012 @ 12:50 AM
vonluden

RADNECK yo. for all my southern homies

February 25, 2012 @ 01:25 PM
BlackAndColour

I appreciate the kind words guys! Here's a couple new tees we just dropped last week:

I also wanted to provide some feedback on a couple of the other brands. None of these things are being said in a "my brand is better than yours na na nana na" type of way so please don't take it that way.

In my opinion, A LOT of the brands posted in here just look super amateur-ish. Like I rarely see stuff I could invision on store racks next to the big brands. Obviously, that level of quality isn't always going to be achieved on your first drop or anything but you should also consider what's going on around you and how it's going to stack up. HIRE A DESIGNER, find a friend who designs, do SOMEthing....if you have to ask what software to use to design shirts, then you probably aren't ready to be designing shirts....

Blk&Clr looks super well-designed, but I feel like you'd have much more luck setting up tables at Bring Me The Horizon shows rather than on Hybebeast and with kids into streetwear. That may be why you haven't gotten as good of feedback here as you probably deserve.

R=E=I=S ...you might be able to rock with that black and yellow logo but you gotta refine it. A lot of iconic logos could be re-made in about 30 seconds - think Nike logo - but that doesn't mean the logo was originally made in 30 seconds...

Beyond All Reach - I see LOTP aswell. I agree with Jake on this one.

Thanks for the feedback smile much appreciated. I think some people are getting that vibe from what I'm doing for sure but thats not the direction we're going for. The next line is hopefully a clear shout of the goals.
I avoided being a typical 'Streetwear' brand because its getting boring, plain and too 'expected' which is pretty clear to me in this thread..

Im into what your doing also. it's nothing super different imo but it is done nicely which i can appreciate. Why the use of 'Athletic' though? (not in a horrid way just curiousconfused
Keep it up!

The girl @ blkandclr.com

February 25, 2012 @ 03:58 PM
rickylgnds

Thanks for the feedback smile much appreciated. I think some people are getting that vibe from what I'm doing for sure but thats not the direction we're going for. The next line is hopefully a clear shout of the goals.
I avoided being a typical 'Streetwear' brand because its getting boring, plain and too 'expected' which is pretty clear to me in this thread..

Im into what your doing also. it's nothing super different imo but it is done nicely which i can appreciate. Why the use of 'Athletic' though? (not in a horrid way just curiousconfused
Keep it up!

Thanks - that particular shirt was inspired by the old time Boston boxing gyms, which is why we used Athletics. Something a little different compared to the "______ University" that everybody seems to do haha

www.shoplgnds.com | LGNDS NEVER DIE!

February 25, 2012 @ 06:51 PM
Jake Ocean

but why an anchor? personally i think anchors are way overused and so cliche

Please login first to reply.