FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
November 20, 2012 @ 02:11 PM
al dente co.

^^^^ still a nice shirt...

havnt been in this thread in a while...

Twin collum....nice clothes not my personal style but i like it.....

ADC...I WANNA SEE SOME OF YOUR NEW SHIT MAN...i wish i would have copped that 93 mentality shirt but to broke...i might hit you soon..

i will have something to show in the next week or 2

what up homie?

i got 3 new designs dropping in a few weeks on 4 t shirts.... then towards the end of feb, i'm dropping my pt. 2 (2 designs.)

got some stuff, some rips, some original work, just fun shit in general.

getting new stickers made so i got you.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

November 20, 2012 @ 02:20 PM
al dente co.

I really like this tee. It is hard enough to come up with a solid illustration like that tiger, but to incorporate it into a design that flows and fits well on a t-shirt is even harder. I also like how you used the scratches across the HH on the front graphic to tie it in to the piece as a whole. Probably one of the most well executed pieces I've seen on this forum so far. Keep it up!

Not knocking it, but I wonder if he's a big CFL fan...

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Damn...
Never seen that before. I thought the illustration was original

a lot of things in this industry aren't original. everyone rips, re-appropriates, or bases an idea of something. "nothing is original, there's nothing new under the sun, it's not what you do... but how it's done". that's one of my favorite lines from Nas. It's so true, everything repeats itself.

Now if someone just straight up jacks the whole design without changing it, that's stupid. But it is what it is. You can be original by taking someones design or logo and making it better or yours.

I do like original work as well, but isn't the point of this industry to piss evryone off and cross the lines?

look at johnny cupcakes, the hundreds, supreme (the king of rips), and other brands. they all use other art as a template of their designs. it's called "steal like an artist".

either way, i see all your views. we all have our own method to creating. i'm not saying steal all your work, but know when to steal and know when to create from scratch. I've had a design stolen from a growing comapny. I just took the L, it is what it is.

anyway, dope t shirt. even if the tiger is taken from a sports team or drawn from scratch.

November 20, 2012 @ 04:48 PM
easternco

The Hudson Case feature a hard PU Plastic core for protection, fully wrapped Chambray exterior, and a leather-like interior to keep your phone scratch free from the case.
Full Lookbook: http://frsk.me/316

November 20, 2012 @ 05:28 PM
twincolumn

So I've been lurking on this thread for like 2 months trying to learn stuff about launching my brand. So far I have a name and a logo. Just looking for some thoughts/critiques/opinions on the photo below. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it for the logo or if it's just a design.

SocialAnxietyClubHB

Edit: Click through for a bigger one, I need a better photo host...

it's better as a design. it's alright. could use some work... i'd mess with the fonts a big.
reminds me of this http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8gw91XIvi1qa98opo1_500.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've never seen that before, I've messed with it with and without a circle. I like it with some type of border though.

@timk125 For that logo, have you tried to make the background solid and have the letters show through? (invert it) That way, you could stil keep that circle shape without necessarily trapping your design in the circle. Does that make sense at all?

TwinColumn.com @TwinColumnCult Facebook.com/TwinColumn

November 20, 2012 @ 05:29 PM
timk125

@twincolumn a colored background and white letters? I haven't thought of that but I'll try it.
November 20, 2012 @ 05:30 PM
twincolumn

@timk125 Yes, that was a better way of putting it lol

TwinColumn.com @TwinColumnCult Facebook.com/TwinColumn

November 20, 2012 @ 05:33 PM
timk125

@twincolumn I'll give it a shot.

I also have more of a logo I've been working on I'll be posting later today.
November 20, 2012 @ 05:39 PM
seventh

I went through this whole damn thread and the one thing I've learned is that Al Dente might be the best person to research if an idea has been done, something is played out, and what direction you need to go as a new company.

And I really think this thread on January 1st should be re-made by him and started over lol
November 20, 2012 @ 06:25 PM
al dente co.

I went through this whole damn thread and the one thing I've learned is that Al Dente might be the best person to research if an idea has been done, something is played out, and what direction you need to go as a new company.

And I really think this thread on January 1st should be re-made by him and started over lol

*yawns*

November 20, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
chernan

@twincolumn Looking good b. Keep it up
November 20, 2012 @ 07:25 PM
runnerupapparel

I really like this tee. It is hard enough to come up with a solid illustration like that tiger, but to incorporate it into a design that flows and fits well on a t-shirt is even harder. I also like how you used the scratches across the HH on the front graphic to tie it in to the piece as a whole. Probably one of the most well executed pieces I've seen on this forum so far. Keep it up!

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Damn...

a lot of things in this industry aren't original. everyone rips, re-appropriates, or bases an idea of something. "nothing is original, there's nothing new under the sun, it's not what you do... but how it's done". that's one of my favorite lines from Nas. It's so true, everything repeats itself.

Now if someone just straight up jacks the whole design without changing it, that's stupid. But it is what it is. You can be original by taking someones design or logo and making it better or yours.

I do like original work as well, but isn't the point of this industry to piss evryone off and cross the lines?

look at johnny cupcakes, the hundreds, supreme (the king of rips), and other brands. they all use other art as a template of their designs. it's called "steal like an artist".

either way, i see all your views. we all have our own method to creating. i'm not saying steal all your work, but know when to steal and know when to create from scratch. I've had a design stolen from a growing comapny. I just took the L, it is what it is.

anyway, dope t shirt. even if the tiger is taken from a sports team or drawn from scratch.

I'm sorry but that is a terrible way at looking at things. There is a difference between a logo flip and trying to pass off work that you do not own or that you did not create. I did not know that was already a sports team logo. The tiger was not changed at all. That team probably paid a bunch of money for that illustration. What if you had worked really hard on a drawing to incorporate into your design as a whole and someone just took that piece and put different type over it? There is nothing clever about taking someones hard work and trying to pass it off as your own. What you are advocating is frustrating and essentially stealing.
November 20, 2012 @ 07:44 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

November 20, 2012 @ 07:55 PM
al dente co.

@vega_box - you misunderstood me, as i was not clear....

when i said, steal.... or make someones logo into there own... i meant doing a flip, with some integrity. not blatently ripping someones shit and calling it theres.

Logo flips and designs flips happen all the time.

and to tell you the truth... i only see it cool to rip or flip someones design if it's not in the same genre. Don't take a streetwear brand and flip or rip they're designs.

Iconic logo and designs rips are fun, as long as youre not copying another brands rip.

i see where you're coming from.

and the stealing made me rich shirt is funny. i woldn't wear it though. it looks mad outdated. unless that's an old shirt you did.

the point i never made in my previous post is - if you're going to "steal" "rip" or "flip" , do it with some integrity.

get me?

November 20, 2012 @ 08:46 PM
Broken Bank Clo

NO NO I get you. That was actually the reason I made that shirt a while ago, because I knew something like that would come up when I started my company. Plus it goes well with my brand as well being "Bank" influenced. Everyone is guilty of some are just to much pride to admit and wold rather use the word "influenced" by.

It was a risky tee that always got me those "looks" when I walking around in it.

To be honest it was sort of a flip on the Marc Ecko T "graffiti made me rich" in which I was sort of "influenced" by... lol

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

November 20, 2012 @ 09:19 PM
al dente co.

@vega_box
gotcha'

November 20, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
jarrelsylvers

@easternco nice cases man

afloatcoclothing.com l @AfloatCo l afloatcoclothing.tumblr.com

November 20, 2012 @ 09:32 PM
jarrelsylvers

@valu3byjay I like the concept of the hat and I think it could be really strong but I would like to see a different kind of type used for it though

November 20, 2012 @ 09:36 PM
jarrelsylvers

@timk125 I really dig the top typography you used for the social logo. I think it would function well as a theme for a tee or maybe a whole collection similar to SSUR's Commes Des joints. But basically you can build a few pieces around a theme like that

November 20, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
timk125

@jarrelsylvers Thanks man, and thanks for the suggestions to think about.
November 20, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
wcfrontrvnners

@runnerupapparel Thank you for making that known. Couldn't agree with you more fam.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

November 20, 2012 @ 09:51 PM
timk125

Here's my idea for a logo, I'm looking to use the pill bottle on it's own every once in a while. Thoughts and critique would be awesome. Thanks.

logo2 by
November 20, 2012 @ 09:56 PM
jarrelsylvers

@craftysince90 Those hoodies and beanies! Good stuff

November 20, 2012 @ 10:17 PM
DannyHH

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Damn...

I'm sorry but that is a terrible way at looking at things. There is a difference between a logo flip and trying to pass off work that you do not own or that you did not create. I did not know that was already a sports team logo. The tiger was not changed at all. That team probably paid a bunch of money for that illustration. What if you had worked really hard on a drawing to incorporate into your design as a whole and someone just took that piece and put different type over it? There is nothing clever about taking someones hard work and trying to pass it off as your own. What you are advocating is frustrating and essentially stealing.

I never stated this what an original artwork. While i agree with you Runnerup, both is true. Kudos to you if youre able to produce everything hand drawn, not many people do. But i dont see any harm in using a sports logo flip for a small brand made up of college students. This industry isnt always original, and this is a rare time that i found a sports logo go with my concept of the Tiger Division from the military. What Aldente said about this industry is completely true
November 20, 2012 @ 10:18 PM
DannyHH

^^^^ still a nice shirt...

havnt been in this thread in a while...

Twin collum....nice clothes not my personal style but i like it.....

ADC...I WANNA SEE SOME OF YOUR NEW SHIT MAN...i wish i would have copped that 93 mentality shirt but to broke...i might hit you soon..

i will have something to show in the next week or 2

Thank you lol
November 20, 2012 @ 10:23 PM
J_Got_The_Geass

@easternco pretty cool man!

Changed my name from Mojosodope to J_Got_The_Geass

November 20, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
loungist

Im new to the forums, but ive been speculating this site for a while.
My and friend and I started Lounge last spring, and we were selling our shirts to homies and kids at school. Itd be tight to expand, help us out. and please critique.

Samples from spring:

Designs I did:

November 20, 2012 @ 10:30 PM
J_Got_The_Geass

cool that u found a little audience!
but things like the last picture looks very unprofessional, the third looks pretty good tho!

Changed my name from Mojosodope to J_Got_The_Geass

November 20, 2012 @ 10:45 PM
loungist

cool that u found a little audience!
but things like the last picture looks very unprofessional, the third looks pretty good tho!

Thanks for the feedback
November 20, 2012 @ 10:57 PM
al dente co.

Here's my idea for a logo, I'm looking to use the pill bottle on it's own every once in a while. Thoughts and critique would be awesome. Thanks.

logo2 by

remember when doing a logo, it has to be something you can scale down and still notice is. that looks more of a design than a logo. i'd also sharpen the text a bit.

the circle one was nice, maybe if you used a thicker circle it'll work better.

good luck.

November 20, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
DannyHH

Anyways, Add us on IG: Highlyhonored

Please login first to reply.