SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
February 17, 2012 @ 11:12 PM
BlackAndColour

Thanks for the advice. It actually took me like 3 hours to do mine razz mostly cause I was watching TV during and surfing the web. I hand drew the World part because I could find the needed font. And it originally had a pig that I drew to go with it. The pig was flying with wings and had a space helmet but people opted to go without the pig image

Do you guyswho work on your own use your own money or take out loans to start your business?

But I totally see what you guy are saying. Font T's are always the most critiqued stuff because it's been done over and over again and font are so readily available that any can do it.

I worked a part time job at Timberland since september 2011 till jan this year (shop only had 4 month contact) and basically worked that to earn money for a launch & when I wasn't at work i was at uni full time, still am.

typeface designs are critiqued a load because people genuinely use free fonts. You should always draw up your own or at least pay for a quality typeface. you don;t pay for how pretty they look, you pay for fantastic kerning etc etc

The girl @ blkandclr.com

February 17, 2012 @ 11:51 PM
Jake Ocean

@ nope - I think you can come up with better designs then a nike parody. i mean really - https://www.google.com/search?ix=aca&q=dont+do+it&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=8OY-T4fCAaPKiQKKrO20AQ&biw=1280&bih=598&sei=8eY-T5LnMtTciQKHqrCXAQ#um=1&hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=nike+parody&pbx=1&oq=nike+parody&aq=f&aqi=g2g-mS1&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=16065l17383l2l17677l11l11l0l0l0l0l160l1179l6.5l11l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=4d298cfe39a2beec&biw=1280&bih=598

it's such a popular parody and it shouldnt be one of your shirt designs. imo parody designs are super annoying. i'm sure you can make something cool out of your brand with video game inspiration.

i can direct you to some artists if you want. i think Lulinternet ( http://lulinternet.com/ ) would be able to do a cool design for you for a cheap cost. maybe this guy too - http://8bitzombie.com/

http://www.distantlight.co

February 18, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
do0d

http://www.sequence.us

February 18, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
joeschott

@ nope - I think you can come up with better designs then a nike parody. i mean really - https://www.google.com/search?ix=aca&q=dont+do+it&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=8OY-T4fCAaPKiQKKrO20AQ&biw=1280&bih=598&sei=8eY-T5LnMtTciQKHqrCXAQ#um=1&hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=nike+parody&pbx=1&oq=nike+parody&aq=f&aqi=g2g-mS1&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=16065l17383l2l17677l11l11l0l0l0l0l160l1179l6.5l11l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=4d298cfe39a2beec&biw=1280&bih=598

it's such a popular parody and it shouldnt be one of your shirt designs. imo parody designs are super annoying. i'm sure you can make something cool out of your brand with video game inspiration.

i can direct you to some artists if you want. i think Lulinternet ( http://lulinternet.com/ ) would be able to do a cool design for you for a cheap cost. maybe this guy too - http://8bitzombie.com/

Yeah - I wanted to do it because the name fits so well and it was a chance to explore the subversion side of nope a bit more. I know they get parodied a lot but I'm looking at it from more of the subversion angle.

I know a lot of artists I could collaborate with as well (and have in the past). We released a Missingno shirt with Mare Odomo (www.mareodomo.com) that was pretty successful that led to it being released in another two colorways.
I've worked with lulinternet before but we had a dust-up and we don't talk anymore but I'll definitely check out 8bitzombie.
I've also been working on a Metal Gear Solid shirt that takes the FOXHOUND logo and subverts it with the FOXDIE virus that Snake was infected with. I'm pretty excited to get that design fleshed out more.

Thanks for the input man

Owner/Creator: nopeclothing.com / fypblog.com

February 18, 2012 @ 01:46 AM
hypebeast1

Thanks for the advice. It actually took me like 3 hours to do mine razz mostly cause I was watching TV during and surfing the web. I hand drew the World part because I could find the needed font. And it originally had a pig that I drew to go with it. The pig was flying with wings and had a space helmet but people opted to go without the pig image

Do you guyswho work on your own use your own money or take out loans to start your business?

But I totally see what you guy are saying. Font T's are always the most critiqued stuff because it's been done over and over again and font are so readily available that any can do it.

I worked a part time job at Timberland since september 2011 till jan this year (shop only had 4 month contact) and basically worked that to earn money for a launch & when I wasn't at work i was at uni full time, still am.

typeface designs are critiqued a load because people genuinely use free fonts. You should always draw up your own or at least pay for a quality typeface. you don;t pay for how pretty they look, you pay for fantastic kerning etc etc

Working parttime as a banker. Partnership with someone and we gathered our capitals to start our own line.
I agree, typeface designs cannot be considered as great designs in an artistic point of view, but a lot of people simply love simplicity and not overly done designs. If your design has some crazily done graphics, people will think you'll do too much on a shirt & it won't turn out good. If you only have typeface, people will judge you by not putting enough effort in your work and make yourself appear as you are in to make a quick $$$ off from some free fonts. So know the balance, simple design & not overly done graphics is what I'm working on for my new releases..:]
February 18, 2012 @ 07:11 AM
Jake Ocean

Yeah - I wanted to do it because the name fits so well and it was a chance to explore the subversion side of nope a bit more. I know they get parodied a lot but I'm looking at it from more of the subversion angle.

I know a lot of artists I could collaborate with as well (and have in the past). We released a Missingno shirt with Mare Odomo (www.mareodomo.com) that was pretty successful that led to it being released in another two colorways.
I've worked with lulinternet before but we had a dust-up and we don't talk anymore but I'll definitely check out 8bitzombie.
I've also been working on a Metal Gear Solid shirt that takes the FOXHOUND logo and subverts it with the FOXDIE virus that Snake was infected with. I'm pretty excited to get that design fleshed out more.

Thanks for the input man

ehhh. i think you could've came at it at a better perspective, but whatever.

and please don't print that dude, honestly it's no good.

http://www.distantlight.co

February 18, 2012 @ 04:59 PM
joeschott

Yeah i would never print it as it sits right now, this is just an early rough draft.

February 18, 2012 @ 05:00 PM
joeschott

I honestly wasn't a fan of the nope nike advert shirt when you showed the original design but now that I see it printed up and on somebody, I think it looks really cool. Props!

Dude, thanks a lot man - really appreciate it!

February 18, 2012 @ 07:32 PM
stillwild

Yeah i would never print it as it sits right now, this is just an early rough draft.

in terms of your subversive design, I'd like to see the stroking done in PS (or whatever) removed from the knives, I feel the design will be more bold that way!

Just a thought.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

February 18, 2012 @ 08:00 PM
stillwild

Since I'm using it right now, I figured why not share an awesome resource with you guys.
http://www.colourlovers.com/
You can use it to make color palettes for your upcoming season, or patterns, etc.
Check it out.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

February 18, 2012 @ 08:00 PM
JStorm803

Quick question guys, what's the best kind of tee to get shirts printed on?

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

February 18, 2012 @ 08:04 PM
Broken Bank Clo

depends on the market you are hitting

I use Alstyle 1301
Nothing but good reviews on those.
neck lines are a plus and if they shrink its all around and not in just one area of the shirt.
Gildan 2000 suck

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

February 18, 2012 @ 11:16 PM
chads

depends on the market you are hitting

I use Alstyle 1301
Nothing but good reviews on those.
neck lines are a plus and if they shrink its all around and not in just one area of the shirt.
Gildan 2000 suck

Agreed. most of the streetwear market uses AAA but there are many other alternatives that are less used. AAA is used quite often because of the fit and good quality without them being too expensive. AA is really good quality its just more top-of-the-line in regards to wholesale tees.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 19, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
heinz

Just released another shirt...

Back

www.shakaclothing.co.uk

www.shakaclothing.co.uk

February 19, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
im_shy

^red box logo over a persons eyes, very original brah.
February 19, 2012 @ 05:11 AM
streetshark

Thanks for the input man

haha! I've been wanting to use that Foxhound logo too! Mine was gonna be much different than yours (and for a hat). Needs some polishing but a cool idea nonetheless.

www.wolfpartyusa.com

February 19, 2012 @ 10:02 AM
heinz

@ im_shy cheers for the feedback man

www.shakaclothing.co.uk

February 19, 2012 @ 06:18 PM
BlackAndColour

Working on the next line already.. not to sure yet though

detail:

The girl @ blkandclr.com

February 19, 2012 @ 09:03 PM
chads

detail:

not feeling it. looks like it took 2 minutes to make plus i just don't like those kind of tees

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 19, 2012 @ 09:32 PM
BlackAndColour

not feeling it. looks like it took 2 minutes to make plus i just don't like those kind of tees

Thanks for the opinions smile always a help. these are roughest atm, just trying things out.

The girl @ blkandclr.com

February 19, 2012 @ 09:52 PM
chads

Thanks for the opinions smile always a help. these are roughest atm, just trying things out.

ok. id just say don't make a line out of 3 tees with quotes on them. have some variance so people have more too choose from

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 19, 2012 @ 10:13 PM
BlackAndColour

ok. id just say don't make a line out of 3 tees with quotes on them. have some variance so people have more too choose from

oh gosh, the three of them wouldn't be used. i was just trying different quotes to see what worked best aha. the line will be 4-6 pieces 1000% not 3 quote tees. x

The girl @ blkandclr.com

February 19, 2012 @ 10:14 PM
BlackAndColour

The Black & Colour pocket tees Just dropped.
http://blkandclr.bigcartel.com/

The girl @ blkandclr.com

February 19, 2012 @ 11:02 PM
maxthemaxster

I just threw together a little lookbook withy my homie. Shirts are a little wrinkled. Oh well. Check it out.

http://blog.kromaqee.com/lookbook

DOPE gear and great layout. Loved it.
February 19, 2012 @ 11:19 PM
chads

oh gosh, the three of them wouldn't be used. i was just trying different quotes to see what worked best aha. the line will be 4-6 pieces 1000% not 3 quote tees. x

Phew! I think one of those would work in a line though along with some other varying designs.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 20, 2012 @ 12:55 AM
dan.c

my old brand Pearl District NY, based out of Long Island. kinda on the back burner right now, possibly gonna start something new up now that I'm out in Detroit.

February 20, 2012 @ 01:50 AM
chads

my old brand Pearl District NY, based out of Long Island. kinda on the back burner right now, possibly gonna start something new up now that I'm out in Detroit.

Im sorry but this is horrible. Nothing about it is unique and designs look like they were made on microsoft paint. Plus they seem to follow no similar theme. I think you should leave it where it is.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 20, 2012 @ 02:06 AM
dan.c

You're absolutely right, it is horrible lol. It was a good learning experience though. Learned how to screen print and what it takes to start something from scratch.

I'm currently designing for a brand Umille & Thomas out here in Detroit, and my photoshop/illustrator skills are much better. The Wu shirt, garbage, and pearl district logo shirts were the only ones that I actually designed out of what I posted. Disagreements with my partner on the direction and substance of the brand was what caused me to step away from it.

I'm a product design student, so this is something I do on the side purely for the fun of it. I'm still trying to decide what to name the new brand, but I already have a stockpile of designs and fresh ideas.
Good luck and success to all you other guys out there with your brands
February 20, 2012 @ 03:12 AM
chads

You're absolutely right, it is horrible lol. It was a good learning experience though. Learned how to screen print and what it takes to start something from scratch.

I'm currently designing for a brand Umille & Thomas out here in Detroit, and my photoshop/illustrator skills are much better. The Wu shirt, garbage, and pearl district logo shirts were the only ones that I actually designed out of what I posted. Disagreements with my partner on the direction and substance of the brand was what caused me to step away from it.

I'm a product design student, so this is something I do on the side purely for the fun of it. I'm still trying to decide what to name the new brand, but I already have a stockpile of designs and fresh ideas.
Good luck and success to all you other guys out there with your brands

Well this all sounds like it was a good learning experience. Hope to see some new quality stuff come out of you

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

February 20, 2012 @ 05:03 AM
diebolt

Okay guys. First time posting here in this thread so take it easy.

I'm just a HS senior with no money really so I have to go through Spreadshirt for my brand. But everything I put out goes through a quality check with me before it's released. Just have to get that out of the way first. I plan to expand this brand in the next year. Building up the name now and getting it out there.

So my brand is DieboltClothing(My last name is Diebolt). I'm based in Charlotte, NC....the Queen City. Crown Town.

My logo is the crown. It comes from the logo I use for my graphic design company DieboltDesigns. I used the 'd' to make a crown. It wasn't originally going to be used for 'DieboltClothing' but the crown received ALOT of positive around feedback from everyone around me so I stuck with it and really built a brand off it.

Anyways, I do alot of promotion via the internet.

Check out the DieboltClothing tumblr: http://dbltclothing.tumblr.com/
DieboltClothing on twitter: @dieboltclothing
I'm also working on another main site. That will be coming soon.

Promo Pics....just a way to get the crown logo out there. Not really anything special....just using some famous people to stir up some interest on places like Tumblr. (Posting links so the post doesnt load slow for viewers)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz7bmtHwDk1rppf9co1_400.png
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz7bqwavHm1rppf9co1_500.png
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz7bw7B0TU1rppf9co1_500.png
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz7jmhFyA01rppf9co1_500.png
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzcppyKwBl1rppf9co1_500.png

And I just put out a few quick previews of some designs I have for Part 1 of DieboltClothing 2012. This stuff will be available super soon!

Again those are just simple quick previews. Pictures of the real stuff is coming soon and everything should be available very very soon.

Just give me some feedback guys...I realize I have alot to learn but I think I have a solid idea and I know I already have alot of support. I'm just looking to learn and grow and I appreciate every bit of support and comment I get. Thanx!

-Jesse

Remain Royal. DieboltClothing + DieboltDesigns.

Please login first to reply.