October 26, 2012 @ 07:16 PM
jxroguescholars

If I wanted a photo print would I go with DTG? Best choice ?

http://blog.tshirt-factory.com/apparel-printing-techniques.html

This helped me a little so hope it does you too.

That article said a few things right but I also disagree with a few things.

1. DTG printing can print on white now as the case for the last 4 or 5 years. Some DTG printer prefer to print on white garments only because the process is a lot faster, cleaner, and prints looks better because you take a pretreatment process out of the equation. When printing white ink on colored garments all the garments need to be sprayed with a pretreatment. This is a bit tricky and can cause a great deal of variation with the proceeding printing.

2. DTG printing does not leave an "excellent print." In my opinion it is pretty sub par. A photographic image might be the DTG's best type of print - especially compared to any noticeable halftones when screen printing an image. You can use an unlimited number of colors and the price stays the same but the colors are not bright. They will also fade pretty quickly after 1 or 2 washes. Also, since the colors are a mix of CMYK - it is very hard to achieve true reds and blues.

3. The machine is made for low quantity runs. Yes, you can print up to 100 but when printing on colored garments the printer will not print straight through. After about 30 prints the printer starts to clog. It will have to be cleaned and maintained before proceeding. Some variations in the printing will be noticeable throughout the 100 prints because of this temperament of the machine. . Personally, I have a 36 piece maximum for dark garments - any more results in longer lead times. 72 pieces for printing on whites. And my prices do not scale down after about 36 pieces.

So in answer to the original question - should I print a photo print on a DTG?
- If you are doing a low quantity run. Roughly 50 pieces or less.
- Best if on a white shirt but dark garments are doable.
- If the design does not call for bright and vibrant colors.

If you can agree to all that then I would consider it but would definitely inquire about screen printing it and the price differences.

Rogue Scholars: roguescholarsclothing.com ::::: facebook.com/roguescholars ::::: Professional Screen Printing: apparelcanvas.com

October 26, 2012 @ 08:33 PM
Bulldog

Been a bit since I last checked in.

Embarking on a new project- CRIMEBRAND- pairing two of my long-time interests, manga & apparel. Small runs of quality product. All visual and design work are my own.

The featured launch item, the Poison tee, draws inspiration from Eiichiro Oda's One Piece.

www.justinungar.com

October 26, 2012 @ 09:01 PM
Bulldog

@mufid Looks fantastic! Photography is well-executed, as is your site design.

www.justinungar.com

October 26, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
blakechapman7

@jxroguescholars That's a big help. Thanks for looking out.
October 26, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
mrdaleog

Released my 'Toy Soldiers' tee today.

The tee made it to The Hundreds Feed 2 days ago.

http://thehundreds.com/the-feed/2012/10/24/live-love-urban-toy-solider-shirt/

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

October 27, 2012 @ 01:59 AM
wcfrontrvnners

@mrdaleog I was skeptical how it would turn out when you posted the blank but this turned out good.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

October 27, 2012 @ 02:09 AM
uptownkahlil

I posted my company, Uptown Alliance, a couple months ago and I want to announce the reopening of our online store. We renovated the online store earlier last month and decided to start from scratch because we are now based in Los Angeles instead of Philadelphia. To commemorate the move to the west coast we created our first snapback called the Uptown to South Central “U$C” snapback. Let me know what you think of the website and support if you like the snapback!

http://www.uptown-alliance.com/

October 27, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
mrdaleog

@mrdaleog I was skeptical how it would turn out when you posted the blank but this turned out good.

Much love man

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

October 27, 2012 @ 03:36 AM
princeandprez

5 Panel Camp Caps releasing tonight at 6pm PST. Limited to 25 each colorway.

Get yours at - minsct.com

Just bought the black and white one! nice stuff.

Find us at www.princessesandpresidents.com

October 27, 2012 @ 05:08 PM
FRWRD

Lost In The World is having a halloween sale. Only €14 for all tees! www.LOSTINTHEWORLD.org
October 27, 2012 @ 05:49 PM
ryder

Just got an email from my boy in china whos making my hats. God damnnnn in the past 1.5 years of working on my brand ive never been more stoked than i am now. These are some quality hats at an unreal price & mad low mins.

Heres a pic of 1 of the 3 hats i got made that will be releasing in our winter line.

edmflavor.com

October 27, 2012 @ 06:20 PM
minsct

Appreciate the support brutha! Your order will be shipped out on Monday!

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

October 27, 2012 @ 09:56 PM
princeandprez

Appreciate the support brutha! Your order will be shipped out on Monday!

You guys are doing good work, hopefully (when we get them) our hats will look just as good as yours!

October 27, 2012 @ 10:25 PM
angelooo

[ + Sticker Pack Vol. 2 ]

+ + +

October 27, 2012 @ 11:36 PM
princeandprez

[ + Sticker Pack Vol. 2 ]

cool stuff man!

October 27, 2012 @ 11:50 PM
corruptyouth

Hey everyone! We're having a small sale over at http://corruptyouthclothing.bigcartel.com/ to sell the last few hats in order to bring in our next batch. Use the discount code SALE1 at checkout to get 20% off your entire order until the end of October!!!

www.corruptyouthclothing.bigcartel.com

October 28, 2012 @ 01:19 AM
jxroguescholars

Do you guys think pocket tees are getting played out?

Fucked with some pocket tees. Just trying to learn how to do them. Got nothing different or special. Threw one up on a sleeve for practice and I actually think it's dope. Will definitely produce some with sleeve pockets and a chest print.. probably some of the Flag color ones too.

Rogue Scholars: roguescholarsclothing.com ::::: facebook.com/roguescholars ::::: Professional Screen Printing: apparelcanvas.com

October 28, 2012 @ 01:26 AM
princeandprez

Fucked with some pocket tees. Just trying to learn how to do them. Got nothing different or special. Threw one up on a sleeve for practice and I actually think it's dope. Will definitely produce some with sleeve pockets and a chest print.. probably some of the Flag color ones too.

They probably are "played out" but that doesn't stop them from being cool. Decent work, I don't really care a ton for any of them but the last one and the camo one.

October 28, 2012 @ 01:36 AM
jxroguescholars

They probably are "played out" but that doesn't stop them from being cool. Decent work, I don't really care a ton for any of them but the last one and the camo one.

Yeah good point @princeandprez, thanks.. A bit played but I made a point to not care if something is too played or too different - just gotta go with what I like. I was just testing out different fabrics but I think I only like the USA one, the camo one, and the sleeve one - but probably on a brown colored tee. I didn't like how the other fabrics came out either.

October 28, 2012 @ 02:04 AM
qrct1

what are you guys doing

aeterna13.com

October 28, 2012 @ 02:53 AM
chads

They look pretty cool but from what i get from this picture, the pockets look too high are are too short and box like. I suggest you just trace the shape of a pocket on a gildan tee or something and use that shape, that usually works the best.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

October 28, 2012 @ 05:13 AM
thecollective

feedback?
too dsc?
October 28, 2012 @ 05:10 PM
Ian x illany

what are your guys preferred dimensions for about 2"x4" chest prints? in terms of how far from the neckline, sleeve seam, etc.

ILLANY! ~ @illanewyork ~ www.illanewyork.tumblr.com/

October 28, 2012 @ 05:31 PM
NiaKeturah

Buy zipper hoodies, sweatshirts and tees now @ www.goldlinefashion.co.uk

very clean

niaketurah.com

October 28, 2012 @ 05:32 PM
NiaKeturah

what are your guys preferred dimensions for about 2"x4" chest prints? in terms of how far from the neckline, sleeve seam, etc.

I preferred them at least 6 inches from both

niaketurah.com

October 28, 2012 @ 06:23 PM
Adrian Fun

Thanks everyone for the feedback! The first collection of FUN TIME is now ready to order at our Onlineshop

I also started an official discussion thread: FUN TIME Official Discussion

FUN TIME www.haveafuntime.org www.facebook.com/funfunfuntime

October 28, 2012 @ 07:02 PM
runnerupapparel

Thanks everyone for the feedback! The first collection of FUN TIME is now ready to order at our Onlineshop

I also started an official discussion thread: FUN TIME Official Discussion

Just double checking... you're really charging $64 dollars a tee and $127 a crewneck? I guess Germany is not in a recession
October 28, 2012 @ 07:18 PM
Adrian Fun

na we're good. Thing is, I'd love to sell them for less but then I wouldn't make a cent. Small production run, no stock products, it's all cut & sew made in Europe. Stores buy them for around a forth retail price and production costs are between 1/5, 1/6 retail price. You can do the math...

FUN TIME www.haveafuntime.org www.facebook.com/funfunfuntime

October 28, 2012 @ 09:16 PM
Yeezus

Buy zipper hoodies, sweatshirts and tees now @ www.goldlinefashion.co.uk

very clean

Thanks smile

More colourways coming soon
October 29, 2012 @ 06:25 AM
chernan

Looking for someone to collab with.. check us out @http://caneo.tv/look_book_new.html

Message me if your interested!!

Please login first to reply.