Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
October 22, 2012 @ 08:58 AM
defiantheights

@kromaqee that jacket is illll. Cool if I reblog it on my site?
October 22, 2012 @ 12:19 PM
casein_point

Hey all. I just finished some late fall cut and sew and wanted to show you what can be done by a small brand. Again, hit me with any questions you have about starting up some cut and sew projects. You can do it! I am not a designer and managed to get this project off the ground and completed. I urge you not to shy away and take a stab at it.

And yes they are on sale now at: http://www.kromaqee.com

That's ill man, good for you. How'd you go about getting the process rolling with the cut and sew? I've wanted to do that for a while but don't even know where to begin. Dope you're from Beantown too I see those jackets as being dope for some fall/spring New England weather.
October 22, 2012 @ 04:00 PM
rare1

@jxroguescholars Quick question for you, what's the recommended process for distress? (To apply the effect on the ai/ps file? Or do you guys have a certain method of applying one offs distress effect, if so how much control do you have over it? Appreciate any suggestions/advices

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram - rare1

@rare01

If I were asked to print that I would definitely do it in the graphic program and burn it on to a screen (high mesh) as a distressed piece. If you burn that image as a solid print and try to distress the artwork after the fact you risk printing a piece that looks like a shitty print job rather than an intentional distressed art.

But with that said there are a large number of ways you can still affect the print during the actual printing process if you want a bit of difference across all shirts. You can lighten up the opacity of the ink a lot. Use a crackle additive if you want more of a cracked type distress. Use less pressure when printing - probably better technique if on a manual and not an auto. Another trick I have read is to wrinkle paper or pallet tape on all the platens so you print on an uneven surface. That should create a few different lines on each print for every platen.

Thanks !! Exactly the ideas I was looking for ! (less pressure/wrinkle paper/pallet tape for an uneven print) Any sites on explaining these techniques? Didn't have much luck googling it
I have a press for diy screen for any single color low mesh counts and send any mutiphoto / photo prints to the shop

October 22, 2012 @ 04:18 PM
wherethehellismark

I was blessed to have the opportunity to run 2 custom skateboard companies the past 4 years and have decided to focus more on the apparel/accessory side of the street culture. We're currently in the process of getting our spring line together. Here's a quick snapshot of one of our tee's to hopefully show the feel of the targeted audience. We'll have high res shots and the look book before spring. I just wanted to post here to introduce us to your community. This is just a peek of one of the shirts titled "Cream Snatcher" for our spring line during the editing phase. We'll have better pictures up soon ;) Thanks for looking!

hahah it's supposed to be a play on words so the sexual connotation is there. cream snatcher having a double meaning where youth is brainwashed by media through consumerism thinking that material goods is the ONLY thing they should focus on. They train the young mind to believe that having all of the material goods will make them look rich or be a "baller" and in turn make them achieve their dreams and goals of impressing society, but in fact it is doing the exact opposite to their monetary gains. So the media is basically "fucking" people right in front of their face.

I like the name and the design. I'd rock that shit you made any yet?

Thanks homie. They are already in production but will be released in the spring
October 22, 2012 @ 04:35 PM
dmwalking

I'm not really starting a clothing line, but I'm opening a customization service. I'll be doing custom dyed wallabees. Or, if you wish you had a pair of desert boots (or weavers or any soft sand suede shoe) in a certain color that they dont' sell, I can do that too. I can do ghost face style split color wallees. I can do moderate stenciling (like if you want your name/logo on the heel). Basically, I can do damn near anything. Have an idea? Shoot me an email and I'll let you know if I can pull it off. I also have some cool ideas for exotic materials and what not.

Hit me at customwallees@gmail.com if you're interested. Or wait for the webshop to open Jan. 2013. I'm taking pre orders at a temporarily discounted price so I can build up some word of mouth and get more pics of the different styles I'm capable of.

Here's an example of what I can do (obviously not my pic)

and here's a solid color pair that I actually did myself.

I'm in the midst of setting up shop so I'll post more pics for you guys once I dye my sample wallees. I'm keeping prices relatively low compared to other custom services.

Refer 10 paying customers and I'll hook you up with a free pair of solid color wallees. (your choice of color).

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

October 22, 2012 @ 04:53 PM
kromaqee

@kromaqee that jacket is illll. Cool if I reblog it on my site?
@defiantheights of course! I appreciate you showing interest in the project

(KQ) http://blog.kromaqee.com

October 22, 2012 @ 05:14 PM
kromaqee

Hey all. I just finished some late fall cut and sew and wanted to show you what can be done by a small brand. Again, hit me with any questions you have about starting up some cut and sew projects. You can do it! I am not a designer and managed to get this project off the ground and completed. I urge you not to shy away and take a stab at it.

And yes they are on sale now at: http://www.kromaqee.com

That's ill man, good for you. How'd you go about getting the process rolling with the cut and sew? I've wanted to do that for a while but don't even know where to begin. Dope you're from Beantown too I see those jackets as being dope for some fall/spring New England weather.

@casein_point Appreciate your input on the jacket!

As I have been telling a few people, the pattern is the main thing you need to begin really strategizing how to get your custom garment project rolling. If you aren't a designer don't fret. You can take a simple piece of clothing you like and modifiy/add to it to get an idea of what you want. A local tailor can help a lot with this. After that you can find a pattern maker to translate your garment into a pattern.

When this is done you can work on your sample. One thing a lot of people don't realize is that you need to source every single component of your garment. This includes zippers, buttons, tags, labels, cords, etc. The only thing my manufacturer provided was the thread! But don't worry. A quick google search will yield tons of really cool fabric suppliers. Amazon also has a wealth of clothing components at a decent price without huge minimums.

That's most of what you need to know to get your ideas off the ground at least. And don't fret about price too much. Just adjust the size of your run to accomodate your bank account and start with just one piece. It's a great way to prove to retailers that you can do more than just print/embroider onto blanks

(KQ) http://blog.kromaqee.com

October 22, 2012 @ 05:40 PM
al dente co.

I'm not really starting a clothing line, but I'm opening a customization service. I'll be doing custom dyed wallabees. Or, if you wish you had a pair of desert boots (or weavers or any soft sand suede shoe) in a certain color that they dont' sell, I can do that too. I can do ghost face style split color wallees. I can do moderate stenciling (like if you want your name/logo on the heel). Basically, I can do damn near anything. Have an idea? Shoot me an email and I'll let you know if I can pull it off. I also have some cool ideas for exotic materials and what not.

Hit me at customwallees@gmail.com if you're interested. Or wait for the webshop to open Jan. 2013. I'm taking pre orders at a temporarily discounted price so I can build up some word of mouth and get more pics of the different styles I'm capable of.

I'm in the midst of setting up shop so I'll post more pics for you guys once I dye my sample wallees. I'm keeping prices relatively low compared to other custom services.

Refer 10 paying customers and I'll hook you up with a free pair of solid color wallees. (your choice of color).

can you get the wu logo burn into the gum sole?

those iron man wallabees from the album cover are dope. too bad a lot of people dont know the history behind wallabees. i'm sure whoever disliked this post is some "new" hypebeast who doesnt know much history.

anyways dude, email me some pictures of shit you've done. info@aldenteco.com

al dente company // aldenteco.com

October 22, 2012 @ 06:14 PM
casein_point

dope... and different. nice work
October 22, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
AreteBrand

Those are too tough man, I'd definitely be interested in a few pairs

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

October 22, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
dmwalking

those iron man wallabees from the album cover are dope. too bad a lot of people dont know the history behind wallabees. i'm sure whoever disliked this post is some "new" hypebeast who doesnt know much history.

Thanks for the interest. I would honestly prefer not to use the Wu logo though. Just to avoid getting hit with a cease and desist if they ever catch wind of it. I've never done the burn in, but I'm sure I could figure something out. I could probably do some initials to add an extra touch of customization. I'll experiment with it and get back to you. Expect an email soon. I gotta wait until I'm home and snap some pics.

Everyone else, I'll keep you all updated with the webshop launch and pics of any new shoes I work on.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

October 22, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
wherethehellismark

@aldenteco LLOWE doesn't mean anything. It just a word that I created and fit to the font that we used.
@VLSRMTT your graphic is great! Handrawing?
@casein_point find a local manufacture is a must! Because you to deal with sizing and stuff. Perhaps add a little weird details that can be your signature.
@wcfrontrvnners can't cause we're going to release another black tee for delivery no.3
@rare01 use waterbased ink, like superwhite print

Thanks a lot homie! Yeah, everything is hand drawn before I put it in AI or PS.
October 22, 2012 @ 08:32 PM
wherethehellismark

Thanks for the interest. I would honestly prefer not to use the Wu logo though. Just to avoid getting hit with a cease and desist if they ever catch wind of it. I've never done the burn in, but I'm sure I could figure something out. I could probably do some initials to add an extra touch of customization. I'll experiment with it and get back to you. Expect an email soon. I gotta wait until I'm home and snap some pics.

Everyone else, I'll keep you all updated with the webshop launch and pics of any new shoes I work on.

good idea my dude.. me and my homie from Marvel comics actually do the creative development for Ghostface Killah's merch. Ghost is really strict on that kind of stuff so it's good not to really fuck around with using their wu stuff. good job on the wally's though homie! pm me if you ever want to do a custom joint for the god ghost.
October 22, 2012 @ 08:55 PM
al dente co.

http://www.facebook.com/DeadstockDeals selling supreme and palace check out and like!

this isnt a marketplace for stuff like that dude.

October 22, 2012 @ 08:56 PM
al dente co.

good idea my dude.. me and my homie from Marvel comics actually do the creative development for Ghostface Killah's merch. Ghost is really strict on that kind of stuff so it's good not to really fuck around with using their wu stuff. good job on the wally's though homie! pm me if you ever want to do a custom joint for the god ghost.

so what's good with some WU merch? lol.

October 22, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
wherethehellismark

so what's good with some WU merch? lol.

haha..we do limited edition stuff to avoid watering down the artwork and rarity of each piece. Ghost and his manager/pr have control of what is released. Heres the last product that we made in the summer. Here's a few articles on the last release and a pic from the exhibit where we first showcased it (we also created a custom sculpture to go with the design during the exhibit, which was sold to a buyer). We provide the art direction, but Ghost has the final say on the placement of image on the products etc. We originally were just going to do the limited edition skatedeck, but he wanted to throw the image on some tees.. my homie and i didnt really like the placement of the artwork on the tee and wanted it to go a different direction. anyways, here's some articles on the project. we'll have more stuff in the future with ghost.

http://www.complex.com/rides/2012/05/ghostface-killah-x-mike-del-mundo-skate-decks

http://www.thesource.com/articles/221616/Ghostface-Killah-Teams-Up-With-Marvel-Comic-Artist-Michael-del-Mundo?thesource-prod=

http://www.gorillavsbear.net/2012/05/29/ghostface-killah-skateboard-deck/

http://nahright.com/news/2012/05/29/ghostface-killah-x-mike-del-mundo-skate-deck-t-shirt/

http://push.ca/blogs/sayer_sk/archive/2012/05/31/ghostface-releasing-le-skateboard-line.aspx

October 23, 2012 @ 02:25 AM
Argot Alexa

How is everyone doing linesheets/catalogs?

This is what ive got thus far. Feed back is greatly appreciated!!

Thoughts? Tips? Pointers?

www.theargotiers.com

www.theargotiers.com

October 23, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
lilbthebasedgod

these past posts are some of the ugliest shit i have ever seen - lil b
October 23, 2012 @ 03:23 AM
commonlyused

@hkeys hey you right. thanks. and its actually easy to read. i just got patches made and put them on hats myself

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.commonlyusedlife.com

October 23, 2012 @ 03:52 AM
Jake Ocean

Haven't posted here in a while. Here is a concept of a poster design we're working on.

http://www.distantlight.co

October 23, 2012 @ 04:14 AM
minsct

www.theargotiers.com

Some of your stuff is pretty cool, but one thing left me unsettled. In your about section you say "thieves, criminals and beggars". Does this describe your brand? Do you represent thievery, crime and begging? If so, you are promoting a negative image. But if thats who you are. I get it.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

October 23, 2012 @ 07:03 AM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

Check us out...

www.facebook.com/aboveroyalty

www.theroyaltyabove.tumblr.com

www.AboveRoyaltyClothing.com Skate/Street Wear Est. 2010

October 23, 2012 @ 07:22 AM
jxroguescholars

Check us out...

According to your fb seems like you've had the brand for a while but have you ever thought of maybe a Rook for a logo or maybe a secondary logo? No hate on the crown - aint bad but I see it a lot. Think a rook would be dope and would fit your brand nicely.

Rogue Scholars: roguescholarsclothing.com ::::: facebook.com/roguescholars ::::: Professional Screen Printing: apparelcanvas.com

October 23, 2012 @ 07:34 AM
AboveRoyaltyClothing

Check us out...

According to your fb seems like you've had the brand for a while but have you ever thought of maybe a Rook for a logo or maybe a secondary logo? No hate on the crown - aint bad but I see it a lot. Think a rook would be dope and would fit your brand nicely.

Yeah we've been building the brand for quite some time and it's been doing very well. Thanks for the idea. We've thought about that maybe just being a design for a specific shirt or fabric. When designing the AR logo we felt a crown would be most fitting. Yes, there are a lot of crowns out there but they don't have the same story and history as us. That's what's going to separate us from the rest of them.

www.AboveRoyaltyClothing.com Skate/Street Wear Est. 2010

October 23, 2012 @ 07:44 AM
dunceanddreamer

Check us out...

Yeah we've been building the brand for quite some time and it's been doing very well. Thanks for the idea. We've thought about that maybe just being a design for a specific shirt or fabric. When designing the AR logo we felt a crown would be most fitting. Yes, there are a lot of crowns out there but they don't have the same story and history as us. That's what's going to separate us from the rest of them.

Just a quick word about your logo. I just went on your facebook and tumblr real quick to find out about your story and why your different but couldn't really find anything? Maybe its worth sticking a paragraph in each of those pages in a really easy place to find so that people with short attention spans like me, trying to check out your website can immediately read up on you and what you are about?

Basically, if your saying that the crown is representative of your story,as a new potential customer, how do I easily find out about your story when there's like a million other people telling me the same thing? Hope it helps, Just my opinion/constructive info/feedback.

Waking up & Dreaming. www.facebook.com/DunceandDreamer @dunceanddreamer

October 23, 2012 @ 04:17 PM
al dente co.

If anyone is down to join the al dente thread, here is the link.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/fashion-brands/184644/

i'll have updates on new items coming out, we can talk about the brand, and anything related to my brand. No shit talkers allowed.

October 23, 2012 @ 04:39 PM
negashnyc

"Next in line for the throne."

Metallic pearlized pink foil font on a black crew-neck sweater

Each sweater is hand printed and numbered.

Only 50 will be produced worldwide

Save $5 by ordering directly from Negash83

http://negash83.myshopify.com/collections/mens/products/lmtd-negash-nyc-crewneck-sweaters

Negash™ "He is bound to be king." http://www.facebook.com/NegashNycClothing

October 23, 2012 @ 04:47 PM
adriane

www.theargotiers.com

Love your designs. Thinking about copping one of your camps and shirts.
I have a recommendation, I think you should change your your link to your collection page on your website to be called shop. Maybe you called it collection to fit your brand aesthetic but by naming it shop, it does two things.
It helps your seo and it reduces the confusion for potential customers.
October 23, 2012 @ 05:06 PM
casein_point

www.theargotiers.com

Good stuff. Have you thought about taking the Argot Lilith and Eiffel Seal and combining them? I like the look/idea of the seal but to me its a little too large and don't think there's enough going on for me to want to buy it standing alone. It might be kind of cool to shrink it down and combine it with the Lilith and have the script be arched above or below, just a thought. Also have you thought about maybe using the sleeve color the same color as the Seal I think that'd be dope to have a couple different colorways of that.
October 23, 2012 @ 05:26 PM
Argot Alexa

www.theargotiers.com

Love your designs. Thinking about copping one of your camps and shirts.
I have a recommendation, I think you should change your your link to your collection page on your website to be called shop. Maybe you called it collection to fit your brand aesthetic but by naming it shop, it does two things.
It helps your seo and it reduces the confusion for potential customers.

Thanks, I will for sure bring that up to my partner! It really makes sense!!

oh, and PM me for discount code!!

www.theargotiers.com

Please login first to reply.