Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
October 20, 2012 @ 03:57 AM
adriane

@mistermr

dope,good concept too

i noticed that patch, i was thinking it was a branding piece but i was just making sure
October 20, 2012 @ 06:52 AM
rare01

@aldenteco Yea, those filters are cool but I was hoping there would be a method to create a slightly different distressed effect on each print and original prints without making a separate screen / setup

@fifth superwhite prints? Mind elaborating on the process/color/material a bit more? I prefer waterbased ink most of the time for a softer texture.

Material & color sampling - blueprints coming soon

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1
October 20, 2012 @ 08:07 AM
trevorsanderson

@dscclothing all of those designs are dope. i would rock any of them.
October 20, 2012 @ 09:05 AM
cvshmere

Been prepping a brand for a while now and wanted some feedback on this tee.

this looks dope, love that design for sure, if it comes on a good quality shirt i would buy it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking Bamboo Cotton, maybe some tall tees. What do you think?
October 20, 2012 @ 09:55 AM
labellevie

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Labellevie/443653665672944?fref=ts
October 20, 2012 @ 03:11 PM
AreteBrand

@aldenteco how do you guys get the images tees? heat transfer or ink printer?

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

October 20, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

@rare01 imma need yall to open a store already

:)

October 20, 2012 @ 05:31 PM
dscnewyork

@dscclothing all of those designs are dope. i would rock any of them.
Thanks a lot man I truly appreciate it.
October 20, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
jxroguescholars

@jxroguescholars Quick question for you, what's the recommended process for distress? (To apply the effect on the ai/ps file? Or do you guys have a certain method of applying one offs distress effect, if so how much control do you have over it? Appreciate any suggestions/advices

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram - rare1

@rare01

If I were asked to print that I would definitely do it in the graphic program and burn it on to a screen (high mesh) as a distressed piece. If you burn that image as a solid print and try to distress the artwork after the fact you risk printing a piece that looks like a shitty print job rather than an intentional distressed art.

But with that said there are a large number of ways you can still affect the print during the actual printing process if you want a bit of difference across all shirts. You can lighten up the opacity of the ink a lot. Use a crackle additive if you want more of a cracked type distress. Use less pressure when printing - probably better technique if on a manual and not an auto. Another trick I have read is to wrinkle paper or pallet tape on all the platens so you print on an uneven surface. That should create a few different lines on each print for every platen.

Rogue Scholars: roguescholarsclothing.com ::::: facebook.com/roguescholars ::::: Professional Screen Printing: apparelcanvas.com

October 20, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
kromaqee

Hey all. I just finished some late fall cut and sew and wanted to show you what can be done by a small brand. Again, hit me with any questions you have about starting up some cut and sew projects. You can do it! I am not a designer and managed to get this project off the ground and completed. I urge you not to shy away and take a stab at it.

And yes they are on sale now at: http://www.kromaqee.com

(KQ) http://blog.kromaqee.com

October 20, 2012 @ 08:55 PM
hkeys

@kromaqee cool Looks great man, I'm digging it. Gotta ask though. How many of these did you have produced and any one purchase one yet? It's a unique piece but solid.

http://thedividedminds.com/

October 20, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
kromaqee

@hkeys Appreciate the compliments! Yea if you check the site they are for sale. I released them locally at Boston retailers as well. Its a limited run of 40 that I did sizes S-XL. Won't have retail sales numbers for a few weeks.

(KQ) http://blog.kromaqee.com

October 20, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
commonlyused

Bad quality photos but i just wanted to throw a preview of the new snapbacks and beanies im dropping.
The snapbacks are available in black or dark navy
and the beanies are available in gold yellow, light grey or black
I am also dropping pullover hoodies and 2 shirts soon
just a sneak peak of what im doing

I will take better photos later

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.commonlyusedlife.com

October 21, 2012 @ 02:54 AM
adriane

Been prepping a brand for a while now and wanted some feedback on this tee.

this looks dope, love that design for sure, if it comes on a good quality shirt i would buy it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking Bamboo Cotton, maybe some tall tees. What do you think?

Definitely not tall tee
October 21, 2012 @ 02:57 AM
ThatGuyBars

I understand making profit but why charge ASS RAPE money if you just started. Kids like me fall for it though thats why im on a mission

Ayyy!-Fonzie

October 21, 2012 @ 06:16 AM
jxroguescholars

I understand making profit but why charge ASS RAPE money if you just started. Kids like me fall for it though thats why im on a mission

Not sure if you were referencing any previous comment but just saw your post and heres my 2 cents.

In my opinion if you pay for a $15-20 shirt that's exactly what you're getting. If I pay $28 I feel like I paying for a brand that has value. If the best streetwear brand started selling all their shirts for $15 then their shit wouldn't be considered tight anymore even if all the designs stayed the same.

And with that say I hella shop at Target though I ain't even gonna lie. Haha.

Rogue Scholars: roguescholarsclothing.com ::::: facebook.com/roguescholars ::::: Professional Screen Printing: apparelcanvas.com

October 21, 2012 @ 06:16 AM
hkeys

It can be justified if the quality matches the price. Having sewn in tags or some sort of hem tags, Alstyle blanks, etc. Anywhere from $20-30 is standard. The worst is when new brands charge in the $30-40 range and when someone buys it it's just a Gildan tee or some sort of knock off blank, no relabeling, or real branding, or quality that makes the price worth it. You'll find as you grow your prices will have to increase though.

October 21, 2012 @ 06:21 AM
jxroguescholars

It can be justified if the quality matches the price. Having sewn in tags or some sort of hem tags, Alstyle blanks, etc. Anywhere from $20-30 is standard. The worst is when new brands charge in the $30-40 range and when someone buys it it's just a Gildan tee or some sort of knock off blank, no relabeling, or real branding, or quality that makes the price worth it. You'll find as you grow your prices will have to increase though.

You also don't want to start off selling shirts at $20 then eventually want to change it to $30. Not that it can't be done but I think it's a bad idea to set the wrong precedence.

October 21, 2012 @ 06:33 AM
adriane

Very true
Price increase comes with the terrority. It's easy to see a situation where a label starts with a base price of $25 and starts charging upwards of $35 once they get enough recognition and their standards of quality becomes higher.
October 21, 2012 @ 10:12 AM
aaronstrdywngs

Currently running a little caption competition. Win one of our crewneck sweaters and a tshirt by visiting either our instagram or facebook page and commenting on the picture of the donkey.

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=297923680322229&set=a.274336819347582.59261.271627679618496&type=1&theater

Instagram: @strdywngs

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

October 21, 2012 @ 12:29 PM
obsidianclothing

What you think?
there is some meaning to the shirts as well. You can read the write up and purchase shirts at Link
Follow me on instagram: @Myth_Hi
Companies instagram: @ObsidianClothing
October 22, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
nghtbrnd

Hey all,

We're currently in the middle of launching a new brand, and we're having a hard time finding a really high-end embroidery company here in the US. Does anybody have any recommendations for places that can handle high volume work at a very high quality?
October 22, 2012 @ 12:51 AM
addicted2frshnss

Hey guys,
Recently launched my brand called Addicted To Freshness. We originated in colorado, branched out to california and florida and are in the process of trying to expand everywhere in between. Here's some images of our lifestyle, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Products are available now at www.addictedtofreshness.com

Please support and follow us
instagram @addictedtofreshness
twitter @landofthefresh
October 22, 2012 @ 12:55 AM
addicted2frshnss

October 22, 2012 @ 01:12 AM
zeaddevin

hey everyone, I'm getting ready to start my own clothing brand.. I wanna have something simple, but different.. something where I can have a simple logo.. I just need a name.. I can do the designs.. finding a name has been the hardest part for me.. please help!
October 22, 2012 @ 01:34 AM
jxroguescholars

hey everyone, I'm getting ready to start my own clothing brand.. I wanna have something simple, but different.. something where I can have a simple logo.. I just need a name.. I can do the designs.. finding a name has been the hardest part for me.. please help!

I'm sure someone can give you a good name and you can run with it but I suggest just brainstorming until you find something you like. I'd like a name to mean something to me personally and to cultivate a brand according to what that name means. Doesn't have to be that way but for me it's important.

So maybe you should do some brainstorming exercises.. Sounds stupid but I've done it before. Cloud boards, word Associations, etc

October 22, 2012 @ 04:45 AM
hkeys

Not sure if you were referencing any previous comment but just saw your post and heres my 2 cents.

In my opinion if you pay for a $15-20 shirt that's exactly what you're getting. If I pay $28 I feel like I paying for a brand that has value. If the best streetwear brand started selling all their shirts for $15 then their shit wouldn't be considered tight anymore even if all the designs stayed the same.

And with that say I hella shop at Target though I ain't even gonna lie. Haha.

But what if you pay $28 for a tee and it turns out to be shit? Plenty of new brands do this and they may have a decent site and product images, but might not see the importance or not have the knowledge of using good quality blanks, fabrics, etc. For us, we started selling cheap but have been gradually increasing our prices as our releases increase and started using Alstyle blanks and sewing in our own tags. The best streetwear brands can't afford to charge $15 for shirts and won't, unless they are on sale or the last of what they have. Personally think $20-30 from a new brand is perfect, if everything is proper and standard. I mean shit if one can have a solid fan base who doesn't care about quality and only likes the design for $28 then to each his own.

October 22, 2012 @ 04:49 AM
hkeys

Bad quality photos but i just wanted to throw a preview of the new snapbacks and beanies im dropping.

Why don't you just post "better photos" the first time? No hate, just saying. Shouldn't be in a rush or anything to show off your products to people who critique the shit out of everything. The patches are a cool idea, I think they are kinda hard to read though. You sew them yourself?

October 22, 2012 @ 07:43 AM
dunceanddreamer

Hey all. I just finished some late fall cut and sew and wanted to show you what can be done by a small brand. Again, hit me with any questions you have about starting up some cut and sew projects. You can do it! I am not a designer and managed to get this project off the ground and completed. I urge you not to shy away and take a stab at it.

Totally agree with this, especially now that every man and his dog is making a clothing brand now, to make a success of it, i think something extra is needed to stand out!

Waking up & Dreaming. www.facebook.com/DunceandDreamer @dunceanddreamer

October 22, 2012 @ 07:52 AM
dunceanddreamer

But surely you would be more inclined to pay a higher price for a small, local brand where someone has poured their blood, sweat and tears into making this (likely limited edition) garment for you than you would a multinational bran who pay Indian or Bangladeshi kids 3 cents an hour to make soul-less tees 100,000 tees?

It actually costs us more as smaller brands to make something for you (everything i'm doing is made/printed/finished in the UK made in limited runs).

Waking up & Dreaming. www.facebook.com/DunceandDreamer @dunceanddreamer

Please login first to reply.