FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
October 19, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
princeandprez

We have a "Professor" 5-panel and a "Sea-Camo" hats coming in next month - so excited!

Find us at www.princessesandpresidents.com

October 19, 2012 @ 02:14 AM
jxroguescholars

On average, whats the cost of producing 1 Tee?
-screen printing, packaging, $ spent on tee, tags, stickers etc?
Any helps appreciated.

Also photoshop or illustrator?

That's a bit like "how long is a piece of string" depends on lots of things like:
- How many colours will you use?
- How many tee's are you going to make?
- What type of tee's are they? (make, weight etc)
- Does your screen printer offer low MOQ (Minimum order quantity)?...see where i'm going with this?..the answer is, go onto google/phonebook find printers, label manufacturers and call them/email them..they wont bite, they want ur business..have specifics in your mind (at the very least how much you want to sell your shorts for then you can reverse engineer it) as those questions were really generic.

I hate to sound like an ass-hole but a lot of these questions can be easily answered by going our there and researching and making phone calls, its basic sh*t. I don't mind giving away information or advice, but at least look like you've made the effort to do it yourself.

Damn that harshness..
I was just looking to see what other companies spend on AVG for 1 tee to produce...I understand I can spend a few hours calling and looking up shit, but I figure I can ask a simple question here and get an answer in 5 min W/O ppl like you just shutting me down WTF

It has nothing to do with harshness. He didn't give you a direct response because there is no direct answer. There is no 'average' for how much a t shirt should cost. For instance, a company like Diamond or the Hundreds who do numbers in the hundreds will have a unit cost of around $6. On the other hand, small companies who can't make a more than 100 t shirts might have a unit cost of $8 and up. That is why there is not direct answer. I could tell you how much it costs me to make t shirts but I am me and I certainly am doing something different than you. You were told to do research because that is the only way you are going to get a real answer.

Dude are you kidding? I am asking how much it cost YOU guys on average TO PRODUCE 1 TSHIRT. Is that hard to understand? I just wanted to see what you guys pay so I get an IDEA.

@rsomers6 - a lot of what people here are saying is totally correct. However, I know what you mean but just getting idea is helpful. I have a screen printing business as well so some numbers that can help...

(and these numbers are based in my area - SF bay area.. they can be completely different depending on a large variety factors so they are by no means an end all answer)

Simple raw answer: Maybe $10 give or take.

A little more in depth:
Most blank shirts cost anywhere from about $2.50-5.00 on average depending on brand and color.
Printing:
Setup: Most printers charge per color in the design. 1 color design can be super cheaper. full color design can be very expensive. This is usually a 1 time set up.
Per shirt: Again, the more colors the more expensive and will also vary greatly depending on quantity ordered. Probably a good idea to order 36+ at an absolute minimum. Expect to pay very roughly $2-5 per print location.
Custom labels are a whole different beast depending on if you want printed tags, woven labels etc and are probably a case by case basis.

Stickers, bagging, all that other good ish should be consider completely separate from "cost of shirt."

This is probably better for a different and separate thread so I don't want to keep going so if you start one just transfer over the info. Hope that helps.

Rogue Scholars: roguescholarsclothing.com ::::: facebook.com/roguescholars ::::: Professional Screen Printing: apparelcanvas.com

October 19, 2012 @ 02:19 AM
jxroguescholars

How durable is heat transfer ? I want to do a small run of tees of some photos I made and because its more of a gift collection for friends, I want it to be the best quality it can be. (I'm not sure if Heat Transfers are the best option to use by the way, I was just told from a friend)

heat transfer is pretty durable and may serve your purpose....Avery makes a dark color transfer paper for inkjet printers...once that shit is ironed on...it kinda melts/fuses on the shirt and is impossible to get off.

Yeah, transfers are alright. They might peel around the corners but a good option especially on high colors designs and low quantities. Make sure you try and get them transfered with a heat press and not an iron to get the best results

Rogue Scholars: roguescholarsclothing.com ::::: facebook.com/roguescholars ::::: Professional Screen Printing: apparelcanvas.com

October 19, 2012 @ 02:21 AM
jxroguescholars

I was blessed to have the opportunity to run 2 custom skateboard companies the past 4 years and have decided to focus more on the apparel/accessory side of the street culture. We're currently in the process of getting our spring line together. Here's a quick snapshot of one of our tee's to hopefully show the feel of the targeted audience. We'll have high res shots and the look book before spring. I just wanted to post here to introduce us to your community. This is just a peek of one of the shirts titled "Cream Snatcher" for our spring line during the editing phase. We'll have better pictures up soon ;) Thanks for looking!

Cream Snatcher. Call me immature but sounds a little dirty hahah. That Cream font is pretty fuckin dope though. I like the design.

October 19, 2012 @ 11:42 AM
Fifth

New from LLOWE

More detail please visit here (please like our fanpage and invite your friends).
To order please send your email to shop.llowe@gmail.com with subject "ORDER".

*Your honest feedback please smile
*New button up will come next weekend
October 19, 2012 @ 11:53 AM
al dente co.

New from LLOWE

More detail please visit here (please like our fanpage and invite your friends).

looks clean. what does LLOWE mean?

al dente company // aldenteco.com

October 19, 2012 @ 11:55 AM
wherethehellismark

I was blessed to have the opportunity to run 2 custom skateboard companies the past 4 years and have decided to focus more on the apparel/accessory side of the street culture. We're currently in the process of getting our spring line together. Here's a quick snapshot of one of our tee's to hopefully show the feel of the targeted audience. We'll have high res shots and the look book before spring. I just wanted to post here to introduce us to your community. This is just a peek of one of the shirts titled "Cream Snatcher" for our spring line during the editing phase. We'll have better pictures up soon ;) Thanks for looking!

hahah it's supposed to be a play on words so the sexual connotation is there. cream snatcher having a double meaning where youth is brainwashed by media through consumerism thinking that material goods is the ONLY thing they should focus on. They train the young mind to believe that having all of the material goods will make them look rich or be a "baller" and in turn make them achieve their dreams and goals of impressing society, but in fact it is doing the exact opposite to their monetary gains. So the media is basically "fucking" people right in front of their face.
October 19, 2012 @ 12:40 PM
wherethehellismark

here's another from our spring release. "Enlightened".

October 19, 2012 @ 01:12 PM
casein_point

How many of y'all do cut and sew products yourself? I'm really interested in getting some cut and sew stuff done but I don't wanna have to deal with finding a manufacturer dealing with minimums and all that stuff (for right now at least) since I'm really more in the 'test' phase of products than I am in the sense of trying to get it out there and push it. If you do it, what type of stuff are you doing? (i.e. sewing pockets onto tees or making oxfords or something) Or should I just not waste my time and when I've got some solid designs laid down to spend the time and $ and look for a legit manufacturer?
October 19, 2012 @ 08:40 PM
DannyHH

hahah it's supposed to be a play on words so the sexual connotation is there. cream snatcher having a double meaning where youth is brainwashed by media through consumerism thinking that material goods is the ONLY thing they should focus on. They train the young mind to believe that having all of the material goods will make them look rich or be a "baller" and in turn make them achieve their dreams and goals of impressing society, but in fact it is doing the exact opposite to their monetary gains. So the media is basically "fucking" people right in front of their face.

I like the name and the design. I'd rock that shit you made any yet?
October 19, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
Laurence of Arabia

October 20, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
wcfrontrvnners

New from LLOWE

Good design , I'm surprised you didn't do a black tee.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

October 20, 2012 @ 01:08 AM
wcfrontrvnners

With so many people owning brands atm, surely someone can recommend a good quality/fit crewneck sweater?
Looking for a supplier that is also availalke in Europe.

Hanes/FoL/AmericanApp/?

Only good Crewnecks I've noticed in person are the Gildan 9000s and some from Independent Trading Co

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

October 20, 2012 @ 01:46 AM
rare01

@jxroguescholars Quick question for you, what's the recommended process for distress? (To apply the effect on the ai/ps file? Or do you guys have a certain method of applying one offs distress effect, if so how much control do you have over it? Appreciate any suggestions/advices

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram - rare1
October 20, 2012 @ 02:03 AM
al dente co.

@jxroguescholars Quick question for you, what's the recommended process for distress? (To apply the effect on the ai/ps file? Or do you guys have a certain method of applying one offs distress effect, if so how much control do you have over it? Appreciate any suggestions/advices

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram - rare1

theres a filter on PS if im not mistaken or if you google it, theres a program you can open your pictures on to give it that look with the drag of a tool.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

October 20, 2012 @ 02:11 AM
Fifth

@aldenteco LLOWE doesn't mean anything. It just a word that I created and fit to the font that we used.
@VLSRMTT your graphic is great! Handrawing?
@casein_point find a local manufacture is a must! Because you to deal with sizing and stuff. Perhaps add a little weird details that can be your signature.
@wcfrontrvnners can't cause we're going to release another black tee for delivery no.3
@rare01 use waterbased ink, like superwhite print
October 20, 2012 @ 03:11 AM
mistermr

Hey all. I wanted to make a minimalist type of hat line with high quality materials. What do you guys think of these hats? I'd really like some feedback. Thanks
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ProperShop

October 20, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
adriane

Hey all. I wanted to make a minimalist type of hat line with high quality materials. What do you guys think of these hats? I'd really like some feedback. Thanks
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ProperShop

they are good
a little to simple for my taste
did you have any part in the design process?
October 20, 2012 @ 03:37 AM
mistermr

Well the shape is a standard factory shape but the leather straps in the back were custom made and sourced. Same with the leather patch on the side. I took the leather patch from a branding perspective but it also has the function of carrying a pencil/cigarette. It sort of lets the buyer personalize it a bit.
October 20, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
dscnewyork

Check us out.

HQ Tee -

Roar Tee -

Flag Tee -

Have some others I'll post later...just want to get some feedback.

Facebook -
http://www.facebook.com/dscclothing1

Instagram - dscgallery

Thanks guys.
October 20, 2012 @ 03:57 AM
adriane

@mistermr

dope,good concept too

i noticed that patch, i was thinking it was a branding piece but i was just making sure
October 20, 2012 @ 06:52 AM
rare01

@aldenteco Yea, those filters are cool but I was hoping there would be a method to create a slightly different distressed effect on each print and original prints without making a separate screen / setup

@fifth superwhite prints? Mind elaborating on the process/color/material a bit more? I prefer waterbased ink most of the time for a softer texture.

Material & color sampling - blueprints coming soon

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1
October 20, 2012 @ 08:07 AM
tsandy

@dscclothing all of those designs are dope. i would rock any of them.
October 20, 2012 @ 09:05 AM
cvshmere

Been prepping a brand for a while now and wanted some feedback on this tee.

this looks dope, love that design for sure, if it comes on a good quality shirt i would buy it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking Bamboo Cotton, maybe some tall tees. What do you think?
October 20, 2012 @ 09:55 AM
labellevie

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Labellevie/443653665672944?fref=ts
October 20, 2012 @ 03:11 PM
AreteBrand

@aldenteco how do you guys get the images tees? heat transfer or ink printer?

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

October 20, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
JACOB LACIDAR KOLA

@rare01 imma need yall to open a store already

:)

October 20, 2012 @ 05:31 PM
dscnewyork

@dscclothing all of those designs are dope. i would rock any of them.
Thanks a lot man I truly appreciate it.
October 20, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
jxroguescholars

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram - rare1

@rare01

If I were asked to print that I would definitely do it in the graphic program and burn it on to a screen (high mesh) as a distressed piece. If you burn that image as a solid print and try to distress the artwork after the fact you risk printing a piece that looks like a shitty print job rather than an intentional distressed art.

But with that said there are a large number of ways you can still affect the print during the actual printing process if you want a bit of difference across all shirts. You can lighten up the opacity of the ink a lot. Use a crackle additive if you want more of a cracked type distress. Use less pressure when printing - probably better technique if on a manual and not an auto. Another trick I have read is to wrinkle paper or pallet tape on all the platens so you print on an uneven surface. That should create a few different lines on each print for every platen.

October 20, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
kromaqee

Hey all. I just finished some late fall cut and sew and wanted to show you what can be done by a small brand. Again, hit me with any questions you have about starting up some cut and sew projects. You can do it! I am not a designer and managed to get this project off the ground and completed. I urge you not to shy away and take a stab at it.

And yes they are on sale now at: http://www.kromaqee.com

(KQ) http://blog.kromaqee.com

Please login first to reply.