October 17, 2012 @ 12:26 AM
®içh ßæ

On average, whats the cost of producing 1 Tee?
-screen printing, packaging, $ spent on tee, tags, stickers etc?
Any helps appreciated.

Also photoshop or illustrator?

That's a bit like "how long is a piece of string" depends on lots of things like:
- How many colours will you use?
- How many tee's are you going to make?
- What type of tee's are they? (make, weight etc)
- Does your screen printer offer low MOQ (Minimum order quantity)?...see where i'm going with this?..the answer is, go onto google/phonebook find printers, label manufacturers and call them/email them..they wont bite, they want ur business..have specifics in your mind (at the very least how much you want to sell your shorts for then you can reverse engineer it) as those questions were really generic.

I hate to sound like an ass-hole but a lot of these questions can be easily answered by going our there and researching and making phone calls, its basic sh*t. I don't mind giving away information or advice, but at least look like you've made the effort to do it yourself.

Damn that harshness..
I was just looking to see what other companies spend on AVG for 1 tee to produce...I understand I can spend a few hours calling and looking up shit, but I figure I can ask a simple question here and get an answer in 5 min W/O ppl like you just shutting me down WTF

It has nothing to do with harshness. He didn't give you a direct response because there is no direct answer. There is no 'average' for how much a t shirt should cost. For instance, a company like Diamond or the Hundreds who do numbers in the hundreds will have a unit cost of around $6. On the other hand, small companies who can't make a more than 100 t shirts might have a unit cost of $8 and up. That is why there is not direct answer. I could tell you how much it costs me to make t shirts but I am me and I certainly am doing something different than you. You were told to do research because that is the only way you are going to get a real answer.

Dude are you kidding? I am asking how much it cost YOU guys on average TO PRODUCE 1 TSHIRT. Is that hard to understand? I just wanted to see what you guys pay so I get an IDEA.
October 17, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
karakter1

^^^^^^^
Im not sure if anyone here only produces 1 shirt.....not sure if screen-printers go out of the way to do all of that work for 1 shirt.

now if you are asking...how many shirts do people print, and how much do they usually cost per?....yo may get more detailed answer.....
October 17, 2012 @ 01:09 AM
®içh ßæ

^"on average" so per shirt
October 17, 2012 @ 02:26 AM
kromaqee

Here is a cool article I ran across the other day:

http://h1gher.com/site/2012/09/05/limited-edition-overload-here-are-4-tips-to-determine-if-something-is-really-limited-edition/

(KQ) http://blog.kromaqee.com

October 17, 2012 @ 02:28 AM
kromaqee

And another one for you young cats just starting out:
http://www.lowdtown.com/blog/articles/2012/02/7-tips-for-working-with-a-t-shirt-designer/

October 17, 2012 @ 03:40 AM
Danny

AM i the only one that got jacked outta $10 from WESELLBLOW? I wonder how many $10 shirts they sold maybe got a lot out of it... Their website aint even up anymore
October 17, 2012 @ 04:37 AM
hkeys

Any helps appreciated.

You won't be able to get 1 blank tee from a wholesaler, so just buy a blank shirt at a fabric store or something find your nearest screen printer and ask (they may have 1 shirt they can print on for you) It's probably going to cost you around $20 or something just for 1 shirt in total. Have to keep in mind everything we do is normally in bulk; bags, tags, stickers. Or just use some simple online customize tee website. Since you only want 1 shirt.

http://thedividedminds.com/

October 17, 2012 @ 06:30 AM
nocturnalworkshop

Do you guys have any advice on what size shipping boxes to get if shipping hoodies and/or a few items? Hat boxes as well?
October 17, 2012 @ 01:27 PM
kromaqee

For hoodies you can use large poly mailers. You can get those from ULINE.com

I always use the free priority mailer boxes from the postal service for caps.

October 17, 2012 @ 01:55 PM
wscott74

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on these forums, but would like to get some insight. I will be starting a denim line soon, and i wanted to get some ideas of what everyone would like to see from a new raw denim brand. What type of things would make you more prone to wearing a small, american made brand of denim over large competitors such as APC and Naked and Famous. Thank you. Any insight will be great
October 17, 2012 @ 01:58 PM
sjohnnnn

For hoodies you can use large poly mailers. You can get those from ULINE.com

I always use the free priority mailer boxes from the postal service for caps.

what size would be a good?? 10 x 13??

سبحان

October 17, 2012 @ 03:36 PM
kromaqee

Sure. Or maybe bigger. Fold up any hoodie you own and take some measurements. When in doubt, go bigger!

October 17, 2012 @ 03:40 PM
karakter1

^"on average" so per shirt

the average price depends on how many you intend to print....

so......u wuna print 12?,the average will be one price....you wuna print 24?, the average will be a different price.

you wuna print 100? you will get a different average.

but im sure you already know all of this by now. Im sure you googled a screenprinter, looked at the pricelist and came up with an average based on the quantity and price by now......
October 17, 2012 @ 08:47 PM
Moises Arias

www.goldlinefashion.bigcartel.com

Zipper tees available now

Hoodies and sweatshirts coming soon

www.goldlinefashion.bicartel.com

@yeezus yo when do you ship items i brought a tee on the 12 but haven't even received an email letting me know its on its way

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

October 17, 2012 @ 09:00 PM
®içh ßæ

Buncha nobody's making terrible designs thinking their brands gonna make it. This thread is useful but alot of bad products in here just my opinion.
October 17, 2012 @ 09:21 PM
al dente co.

Buncha nobody's making terrible designs thinking their brands gonna make it. This thread is useful but alot of bad products in here just my opinion.

True, but everyone has a different sense of what good is. It's all preference. But I will agree on this, the last few weeks, some really korny stuff has been posted. IMO.

I'm sure people don't like my stuff but, F^&% em' I love what I print.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

October 17, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
®içh ßæ

True, but everyone has a different sense of what good is. It's all preference. But I will agree on this, the last few weeks, some really korny stuff has been posted. IMO.

Do what you do bruh, but a lot of these designs are pretty bad. Not saying theres potential but cmon no1s gonna buy your products looking like dis
October 17, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
heinz

Filmed this for a small drop we're doing
[embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIvLIvticos&feature=youtu.be[/embed

www.shakaclothing.co.uk

October 17, 2012 @ 09:51 PM
Daniel Steez

Any up and coming brands on here who need a cheap, affordable screenprinter with low minimums hit me up to talk business..

danielsteez@gmail.com

GULLY INK; Print and Design.

GULLYSTEEZ.com

www.GULLYINK.com; premier printing service and retail opportunity for indie brands. Email me or visit the site for details.

October 17, 2012 @ 10:54 PM
angelooo

Still a few sizes left from our recent fall drop ~
[ store.standardzzz.com ]
L O O K B O O K

+ + +

October 17, 2012 @ 11:24 PM
swyrx

With so many people owning brands atm, surely someone can recommend a good quality/fit crewneck sweater?
Looking for a supplier that is also availalke in Europe.

Hanes/FoL/AmericanApp/?
October 18, 2012 @ 02:16 AM
mrdaleog

AM i the only one that got jacked outta $10 from WESELLBLOW? I wonder how many $10 shirts they sold maybe got a lot out of it... Their website aint even up anymore

DAMN! Thats crazy man! I had him as a friend on FB and I was wondering why I didnt see his FB spamming anymore. Thats ALL he did!
I hope you get your money back man.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

October 18, 2012 @ 07:54 AM
dunceanddreamer

Any helps appreciated.

That's a bit like "how long is a piece of string" depends on lots of things like:
- How many colours will you use?
- How many tee's are you going to make?
- What type of tee's are they? (make, weight etc)
- Does your screen printer offer low MOQ (Minimum order quantity)?...see where i'm going with this?..the answer is, go onto google/phonebook find printers, label manufacturers and call them/email them..they wont bite, they want ur business..have specifics in your mind (at the very least how much you want to sell your shorts for then you can reverse engineer it) as those questions were really generic.

I hate to sound like an ass-hole but a lot of these questions can be easily answered by going our there and researching and making phone calls, its basic sh*t. I don't mind giving away information or advice, but at least look like you've made the effort to do it yourself.

Damn that harshness..
I was just looking to see what other companies spend on AVG for 1 tee to produce...I understand I can spend a few hours calling and looking up shit, but I figure I can ask a simple question here and get an answer in 5 min W/O ppl like you just shutting me down WTF

It has nothing to do with harshness. He didn't give you a direct response because there is no direct answer. There is no 'average' for how much a t shirt should cost. For instance, a company like Diamond or the Hundreds who do numbers in the hundreds will have a unit cost of around $6. On the other hand, small companies who can't make a more than 100 t shirts might have a unit cost of $8 and up. That is why there is not direct answer. I could tell you how much it costs me to make t shirts but I am me and I certainly am doing something different than you. You were told to do research because that is the only way you are going to get a real answer.

Dude are you kidding? I am asking how much it cost YOU guys on average TO PRODUCE 1 TSHIRT. Is that hard to understand? I just wanted to see what you guys pay so I get an IDEA.

Dude, sorry if I came across harsh all I meant is that the only way you can get reliable information is to seek the information relevant to you. Like years ago when I started this thing,I used other peoples information and I made a budget based on that information. Then when I went out to try and get things made I realized I was way out in terms of my budgeting. Maybe i'm old-school or whatever, but there's no better way of learning than doing it yourself. I'm not trying to shut you down here but trust me there is nothing better than going to visit a screen printer/graphic designer, have a starbucks (or alternative coffee retailer) and have a chat.

The guy I use here in the UK, I thought he was just some local printer but turns out he does shit for some major brands over here and this man KNOWS HIS SHIT about fabrics, tee's weightings, tags, packaging etc and opened my eyes to a whole new bunch of stuff like "didn't you know you can achieve the same effect using technique X rather than technique Y for half the price", "Nah don't use that brand of t-shirt, that shit doesn't sell here, but strangely Portuguese and Spanish folk seem to like the fit as they are taller and slimmer"....stuff id never considered.

So what I mean, is you can ask for figures and facts but they will be inanimate figures and facts, go out there speak to people and the picture you build will be much more accurate to you.

Waking up & Dreaming. www.facebook.com/DunceandDreamer @dunceanddreamer

October 18, 2012 @ 12:25 PM
AreteBrand

Any up and coming brands on here who need a cheap, affordable screenprinter with low minimums hit me up to talk business..

danielsteez@gmail.com

GULLY INK; Print and Design.

GULLYSTEEZ.com

pricing include tagging?

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

October 18, 2012 @ 02:22 PM
yungsteveyfranchise

DAMN! Thats crazy man! I had him as a friend on FB and I was wondering why I didnt see his FB spamming anymore. Thats ALL he did!
I hope you get your money back man.

I got jacked too. didnt get money back though its kids like that that ruin hypebeast
October 18, 2012 @ 04:05 PM
al dente co.

Do what you do bruh, but a lot of these designs are pretty bad. Not saying theres potential but cmon no1s gonna buy your products looking like dis

you speaking in general or directing that to me?

al dente company // aldenteco.com

October 18, 2012 @ 06:08 PM
justinsos

Its people like you who make me hate Hypebeast so much. If you don't like anything then don't come on here. And quit bitching about getting a GOOD detailed answer about the average price of a tee. Guaranteed if you start a brand you will come back to look at that answer cause there is lots of shit you probably haven't considered.

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

October 18, 2012 @ 08:06 PM
Hellah Fresh

Its people like you who make me hate Hypebeast so much. If you don't like anything then don't come on here. And quit bitching about getting a GOOD detailed answer about the average price of a tee. Guaranteed if you start a brand you will come back to look at that answer cause there is lots of shit you probably haven't considered.

As cost of making a shirt it varies and there is so much you have to take in on making a shirt. Like the other guy said it can cost $8 to produce a tee. So just take it from there.
October 18, 2012 @ 08:37 PM
wherethehellismark

I was blessed to have the opportunity to run 2 custom skateboard companies the past 4 years and have decided to focus more on the apparel/accessory side of the street culture. We're currently in the process of getting our spring line together. Here's a quick snapshot of one of our tee's to hopefully show the feel of the targeted audience. We'll have high res shots and the look book before spring. I just wanted to post here to introduce us to your community. This is just a peek of one of the shirts titled "Cream Snatcher" for our spring line during the editing phase. We'll have better pictures up soon ;) Thanks for looking!

October 18, 2012 @ 11:40 PM
wcfrontrvnners

Exclusive Letterman I got made for my brand .

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

Please login first to reply.