Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
October 14, 2012 @ 10:03 AM
Laurence of Arabia

@karakter1 Thanks very much, I'm definitely going to go down that route. And I know, but the way its applied is different right ? Through heat pressing ?
October 14, 2012 @ 10:22 AM
immortvl

hey guys, thinking about starting my own line, just a few qs. Starting out, thinking about just making graphic tees/hoodies. DId you guys make them all at home or did you get your designs printed at a store?? Also, how much did it run you to get a bit of inventory/start up?
October 14, 2012 @ 02:07 PM
chads

@karakter1 Thanks very much, I'm definitely going to go down that route. And I know, but the way its applied is different right ? Through heat pressing ?

No, plastisol is one of the main types of ink that is used in screen printing. It is applied the same way as any other ink used in screen printing.
hey guys, thinking about starting my own line, just a few qs. Starting out, thinking about just making graphic tees/hoodies. DId you guys make them all at home or did you get your designs printed at a store?? Also, how much did it run you to get a bit of inventory/start up?

Its all a matter of personal preference and startup costs will vary greatly. I suggest you do some research.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

October 14, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
dopesocietyaaron

I was wondering if you guys knew any good manufacturers, im looking for a good supplier for blanks, such as shirts, hoodies and hats.

Forever Dope, Dope Forever. www.dopesocietyclothing.com

October 14, 2012 @ 05:58 PM
karakter1

most commonly used inks in screenprinting is Plastisol and Water based.

both are applied the same way, and both need to be Cured (or heated) in order for it to fully fuse with the garment.

Water based ink need to be dried so that the water evaporates, leaving the ink fused on the shirt....

Plastisol, needs to be run through a dryer, or hit with a flash dryer, set at a particular temp in order to fuse the ink with the garment.

I like to use plastisol, its very vibrant, stands out, and last long on tees. Some like Water based because it can be applied very thin and looks like its actually part of the garment pigment or threads.
October 14, 2012 @ 06:05 PM
karakter1

the top one is water based...you can see how it kinda blends with the tee....
the bottom is plastisol....its very vibrant and sits on the tee.

both are very common and depends on your design, or particular look you have in mind for the piece.
October 14, 2012 @ 06:37 PM
Laurence of Arabia

@karakter1 Thanks man, that was pretty damn in depth ! I'm gunna switch to Plastisol, it will compliment most of my design work ! Which type do you tend to use ?
October 14, 2012 @ 08:55 PM
runnerupapparel

@sons10

I love all 3 of those shirts. Definitely going to pick a couple up when they release. Keep up the good work
October 14, 2012 @ 08:57 PM
angelooo

@darkseid much thanks ~

+ + +

October 14, 2012 @ 09:11 PM
sons10

@runnerupapparel

Many thanks on the compliments, you have nice thing's going with runner up, really liking the navy shocked caps and the baseball tees.

probably going to be releasing the tee's in a month or so...

All the best
October 14, 2012 @ 09:30 PM
commonlyused

couple of shirts ive been pushing for the past month or so

new patch im about to work with.

preview of the snapbacks

snapbacks, hoodies, beanies, and shirts coming soon

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.commonlyusedlife.com

October 14, 2012 @ 09:32 PM
obsidianclothing

Obsidian Clothing Company, Obsidian is volcanic glass which can be sharpened down to a molecular level creating the sharpest material on earth. We are all about keeping your mind sharp while looking sharp with sick designs that have that street art feel and hopefully raising awareness on topics we think are important. We were tired of wearing clothing without meaning and decided that we wanted to rock our own ******!
The first design is a statue called a Mo'ai. An ancient civilization on Easter island (also known as Rapa Nui) constructed the extremely large statues some could have stood up to 21 meters high and weigh up to 270 tons. No one knew how the ancient statues were built, moved and erected since the island was completely treeless. Later pollination studies proved that the island was actually completely forested. This ancient civilization used up all their natural resources to construct these massive statues and eventually the island became extremely violent to the extent some suggested cannibalism took place then the natives eventually went extinct. This designs represents the path we as a human race are headed as a whole, same path as this ancient civilization just on a much larger scale. The trees growing out of the Mo'ai represent nature going in full circle, once we are all gone nature will thrive. Humans are pretty much the only species that if we were to go extinct nature would thrive. Even if something as small as spiders were to go extinct the worlds balance would be thrown off and ecosystems would be forever ruined cause of it. Changes need to be made! Sorry for the long post!
By the way, we are about to release 2 shirts within the next 2 weeks you can contact me at Obsidianclothingcompany@gmail.com if you are interested in pre-ordering some and our website will be up by the time we get the first batch of shirts in!
Folow me on Instagram @Myth_Hi and @ObsidianClothing Please let me know what you think! we will be running contest for some free stuff. Thanks!
October 14, 2012 @ 10:10 PM
wcfrontrvnners

new patch im about to work with.

preview of the snapbacks

Never knew y'all were out of the Bay, good shit.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

October 15, 2012 @ 02:22 AM
Argot Alexa

Just in.
Thoughts?

www.theargotiers.com

www.theargotiers.com

October 15, 2012 @ 02:36 AM
AreteBrand

we changed the crown, how's this?

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

October 15, 2012 @ 04:58 AM
corruptyouth

Samples of a tee shirt from a collab that we did with Wildfire Clothing Co.

The finished product will be available in a few weeks at www.corruptyouthclothing.com

Instagram: @corruptyouthclothing
Facebook: facebook.com/CorruptYouth
Twitter: Twitter.com/corrupt_youth

www.corruptyouthclothing.bigcartel.com

October 15, 2012 @ 06:18 AM
DAPPER TIM

I've been researching, and is sublimation the process for an all over print shirt? I was trying to print on the entire shirt besides the sleeve and collar.
October 15, 2012 @ 07:28 AM
BespokeCS

looks a lot like acropolis
October 15, 2012 @ 09:11 AM
zoidanum

preview of the snapbacks

Left side looks pretty dope, right side not so much. I don't really feel the used fonts especially the CMLYUD looks pretty sloppy to me and comes off as a bad executed print job (even if this was intended, it just don't really appeals to me).
As for the Snapbacks, pretty simple. I wouldn't buy but I don't see why others would not. Just maybe work on the presentation as off now the shape looks real awkward/cheap. I know its just a preview mock shot and all but still it might turn off potential customers.
That Bleached Shirt is still fire tho.

Edit: You also might want to consider to sew in your own tags or atleast get rid of the standard tag and screenprint it in the back. Gives a more professional look without investing too much work.
October 15, 2012 @ 04:12 PM
justinsos

Just launched our website! Check it out at www.sinkorswimbrand.com !

Feel free to sign up for the mailing list too

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

October 15, 2012 @ 04:43 PM
theshootfashion

Hello Everyone ! My name is Natan Meaza , I'm the Ceo of theshootfashion.com a Fashion/photography company located in Washington DC. Our goal is to bring back art in the industry with our own visions in our photos and clothing.

you can visit us at: theshootfashion.com Link
Twitter: @theshootfashion

thanks again,

Natan
October 15, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
thecollective

I did a design for the science and engineering club for my school...
any comments about my design style, etc.?

^ i just realized that the text is kinda off centered
disregard that hahaha
October 15, 2012 @ 06:05 PM
Castle Master

We have some new hats coming if for the winter so we're getting rid of the last few of these.

Use the code TOPHAT for 30% off our hat range.

Offer ends this sunday at midnight

http://secretcastle.bigcartel.com/category/hats

http://secret-castle.com/

October 15, 2012 @ 06:44 PM
justinsos

@justinsos ye boss SOS liivin swag swag we out here reppin dat abbreviation urryday u noe wat it is

English?

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

October 15, 2012 @ 06:49 PM
AreteBrand

looks a lot like acropolis

That definitely isn't what we were aiming for and there really isn't a similarity

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

October 15, 2012 @ 07:05 PM
al dente co.

@justinsos ye boss SOS liivin swag swag we out here reppin dat abbreviation urryday u noe wat it is

English?

al dente company // aldenteco.com

October 15, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Ok I'm looking into getting printed tags and I been looking heat transfers ... Has anybody used transfer paper for inside tags? And what did the quality look like? And is their s special transfer paper I should use ? Or is their a business that I can order what I need and they will ship me the transfers on paper do I just press them on

Use Laser Print heat transfer. There are companies who do it. Just make sure it's laser print so it doesn't have the a whole white patch from the ink behind it. Basically the same way Hanes Tagless shirts are done. That is laster heat transfer. You buy by the 1000's. I looked into it a while back but decided to just use silk screen inside labels.

How durable is heat transfer ? I want to do a small run of tees of some photos I made and because its more of a gift collection for friends, I want it to be the best quality it can be. (I'm not sure if Heat Transfers are the best option to use by the way, I was just told from a friend)

If actual photos look into sublimation or DTG not heat transfer if you want it to last.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

October 15, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
al dente co.

A friend of mine owns a magazine in south beach. It's called "in the scene miami" he hooked me up with a free ad space. It's not my demographic, but I put this ad together. I wanted to keep it simple and make people wonder what "al dente" is and hit my site.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

October 15, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
LUXDIV

releasing our lux disciples shirts tomorrow, hatchets are 3M:

www.lux-division.com
October 16, 2012 @ 05:15 AM
sjohnnnn

Samples just came in. Would love some Feedback!

سبحان

Please login first to reply.