Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
October 8, 2012 @ 11:18 PM
hkeys

What is everyone printing this winter?

I'm doing 6 pieces in total.

4 t shirts on 2 colorways.

1 t shirt on 1 colorway

1 hoodie.

if my hat company can come through with the hat i want, i'll have a hat this winter too....

We're doing 2 tees, a hoodie, a crewneck, coaches jacket, and 2 beanies. Not too big for most brands Fall/Winter release's but pretty big for us. We should have everything out at the end of the month. This also allows us to drop more pieces within the next couple months too.

http://thedividedminds.com/

October 9, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
Laurence of Arabia

END OF FALL/WINTER 2012 DROPS IN NOVEMBER, HERE IS A PREVIEW. MORE INFO COMING SOON.

dope man ! excited to see the rest !
October 9, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
cityofsavages

@argot don't like the font on this one I feel like it would look better if you put that eiffel tower design you guys have on raglan if you already havent.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

October 9, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
Larry S.

You guys want to critique some of my gear while I'm working on fall stuff? I've been doing this for about a year solid and I need to hear what more people think....I trust a hypebeast to ALWAYS tell me what they feel! -h_h-

My brand's name is Hungry Human. The about page can explain a lot, but it's basically gear for the people that never quit or settle in anything they do.I get inspiration from a bunch of places, but I have a love for fighting games,streetwear,funny stuff and pop culture, so it prob. shows most! Haha.

Each piece has a strong story/inspiration and takes maybe 6-8 months, they're printed on American Apparel with usually waterbased inks because the feel and print techniques are superior and having the garment "breathe" is great for keeping the perspiration down...

Check out http://hungry-human.com to see some posts and about, and please tell me what you think good or bad about the gear as well.It helps me a ton! -h_h-

TRY HARD,NEVER SETTLE,STAY HUNGRY | Hungry-Human.com

October 9, 2012 @ 02:18 AM
chrondo

i like the self sponsored, and the double tap shirts conceptually, however i dont really like the font of the self sponsored, maybe a more aggressive handstyle? if you wantt someone to write a few out, i can help; i've been doing graff for years
October 9, 2012 @ 02:19 AM
princeandprez

You guys want to critique some of my gear while I'm working on fall stuff? I've been doing this for about a year solid and I need to hear what more people think....I trust a hypebeast to ALWAYS tell me what they feel! -h_h-

My brand's name is Hungry Human. The about page can explain a lot, but it's basically gear for the people that never quit or settle in anything they do.I get inspiration from a bunch of places, but I have a love for fighting games,streetwear,funny stuff and pop culture, so it prob. shows most! Haha.

Each piece has a strong story/inspiration and takes maybe 6-8 months, they're printed on American Apparel with usually waterbased inks because the feel and print techniques are superior and having the garment "breathe" is great for keeping the perspiration down...

Check out http://hungry-human.com to see some posts and about, and please tell me what you think good or bad about the gear as well.It helps me a ton! -h_h-

I actually really like your brand - it hits a demographic that isn't really tapped as far as street-fashion goes. Its childish and silly, but also pretty neat. I wouldn't wear it, but I think its a fun looking brand.
The downside I can see with the line is that it isn't really a cohesive and overarching themed line.

Find us at www.princessesandpresidents.com

October 9, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
Larry S.

i like the self sponsored, and the double tap shirts conceptually, however i dont really like the font of the self sponsored, maybe a more aggressive handstyle? if you wantt someone to write a few out, i can help; i've been doing graff for years

The thing I wanted to convey was attitude, but also have it be readable.The dollar sign kind of did that mixed with the Kieth Haring Nod ...but I hear you.I can see it not being "gritty enough" but maybe I can put some more of that energy in a new piece later on.Thank you.

October 9, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
Larry S.

I actually really like your brand - it hits a demographic that isn't really tapped as far as street-fashion goes. Its childish and silly, but also pretty neat. I wouldn't wear it, but I think its a fun looking brand.
The downside I can see with the line is that it isn't really a cohesive and overarching themed line.

I hear you.I have a lot of trouble with that...I don't want to put myself in a box ,but at the same time I want people to "get it" as a whole.It hard to combine a bunch of worlds and influences into one cohesive look, so I find that I just do really fun things that make me smile or laugh while conveying what the brand energy is about underneath the products &that's been working well.

But if it weren't for the name or logo, you would NEVER know any of this stuff came from the same brand.So, maybe your guy's critiques can help me out there.Right now I feel the bond is mostly the people that support the brand more than the designs.I kind of like that, as long as they have the 'Hungry Human' mindset, I won't be mad at anyone rocking the gear for now,but I will definitely work towards a more solid brand image over time.

P.S. What kind of gear do you normally wear? I'm curious.I bet it's something on the cleaner side, but I can't even begin to assume what (streetwear world/variety is huge!!!)

October 9, 2012 @ 03:49 AM
Jake Ocean

@larry-s
Really cool stuff. I really appreciate Deekin's work, I was gonna hire him a while ago. Nice stuff

http://www.distantlight.co

October 9, 2012 @ 04:10 AM
Larry S.

@larry-s
Really cool stuff. I really appreciate Deekin's work, I was gonna hire him a while ago. Nice stuff

He's fun and it's always funny trying to get him to draw a character based on something he's not really into...the back and forth makes me smile a lot (you just don't know! ) ,so when I look at those little characters, I always laugh thinking about my bud.-h_h-

P.S. Thank you!

October 9, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
Moises Arias

Glow In The Dark Jagan Eyes buttons

yu yu hakasho??

My name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go fuck yourself.

October 9, 2012 @ 04:59 AM
DBCEE

Wow haven't been in this thread in years. Last couple pages looking pretty good.Glad to see there's still a good number of people going for it.
October 9, 2012 @ 06:23 AM
jxroguescholars

Larry, I think these are actually pretty dope. Kind of the same niche I want to get into, though slightly more grimy (though youd never know it by the shirts I have now.. workin on it). Do you do all your own artwork or do you have a designer?

Rogue Scholars: roguescholarsclothing.com ::::: facebook.com/roguescholars ::::: Professional Screen Printing: apparelcanvas.com

October 9, 2012 @ 07:37 AM
Larry S.

Larry, I think these are actually pretty dope. Kind of the same niche I want to get into, though slightly more grimy (though youd never know it by the shirts I have now.. workin on it). Do you do all your own artwork or do you have a designer?

It depends on the piece.But usually I work with professionals that are world class to get this stuff done.Think the same process as a Mishka,the Hundreds,or Johhny Cupcakes without a million buyers at the door.But very similar art production but with higher costs(smaller,limited-runs,and higher quality printers than any of those guys use)It can be tough.

Niche? My niche is just doing what I feel and what inspires me....that's a good niche to go for dude! But if you mean games and stuff,I hear ya. To be honest,the weird thing I've noticed is design seems to matter the least there, so it can be tough to get love from you guys and people on the street then the people you may have designed the piece for in that circle go ahead and buy a shirt that says 'swag' on it or something because their favorite player wore it in exchange for a few bucks or something...

Sometimes, I just about lose it after all of this work! Haha...glad to hear someone appreciates the gear though. Your stuff seems pretty far along as well.I like the sports Nods,those are always fun and a love of mine I play with in concepts too.Rock on dude! -h_h-

P.S. I like grimey...look at for the new stuff and tell me what you think about that too soon eh?

October 9, 2012 @ 01:02 PM
dunceanddreamer

I could sit on photoshop and work on something for hours but I have no creativity. Sometimes I look on tumblr and instagram for ideas. I like doing this shirt stuff but its hard for me to come up with ideas and I don't want to jock. Any advice ?

Honestly,I think it depends on your motives. If you want do do it as a creative outlet, then you're going to find that difficult because you should be obsessed with creating/drawing whatever, you should want to do it every minue of the day and have a sketch book and ideas bursting out of you..BUT you may also not know HOW to be creative, personally, id say fuck Instagram and tumblr,get a camera and a sketchbook and take photos of everything stick em in your sketchbook/scrapbook build up reams and reams of images this could me made up of anything, for example.

Your environment and your world: Signs, signage, books, fonts in books, magazines, food packaging etc

Then you're building up a catalogue of what you see in your world ,then start messing around with it, photocopy it, scan it, mess with colours sizes, take sections of things, don't even worry about creating a design, that will just come. What you need to do is develop your eye.

In the same way that someone like Dr Dre or Timbaland or Just Blaze, although they are essentially hip hop producers, I guarantee you those guys will have shit like Led Zepplein, Steely Dan, the Carpenters The Clash, Sex Pistols etc in their record collection, collect little elements from other things, to create something original.

Hope that helps

Waking up & Dreaming. www.facebook.com/DunceandDreamer @dunceanddreamer

October 9, 2012 @ 01:04 PM
dunceanddreamer

Nothing is original.

October 9, 2012 @ 01:49 PM
al dente co.

I woul not wear this.....

It's fun though and theres a huge market for this. I just don't wear cartoony t-shirts.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

October 9, 2012 @ 04:01 PM
mrdaleog

How do you guys go about removing tags from your shirts.....without damaging your collar? Yes, I know about tear out labels, but not everything comes with those (I wish it did).
For those like me that screen print in their labels, how we'll do your company tabs come out? What's your method of removing the tag without damaging the goods?!

URBN. by Live Love URBAN || Do what you love, love what you do || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

October 9, 2012 @ 04:38 PM
huynh

How do you guys go about removing tags from your shirts.....without damaging your collar? Yes, I know about tear out labels, but not everything comes with those (I wish it did).
For those like me that screen print in their labels, how we'll do your company tabs come out? What's your method of removing the tag without damaging the goods?!

seam ripper
October 9, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
dunceanddreamer

seam ripper

I just pay someone to do it, a professional seamstress. That's how I get it done,hardly costs anything and the value you give to the customer is worth the cost..if that makes sense?

October 9, 2012 @ 05:58 PM
Larry S.

I could sit on photoshop and work on something for hours but I have no creativity. Sometimes I look on tumblr and instagram for ideas. I like doing this shirt stuff but its hard for me to come up with ideas and I don't want to jock. Any advice ?

Find someone that has a creative side to work with and you do the business/branding part.

October 9, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
hellarandumb

Nothing is original.

truth
October 9, 2012 @ 06:02 PM
Larry S.

It's fun though and theres a huge market for this. I just don't wear cartoony t-shirts.

That's stating the obvious...haha.Anything you would want on a tee though? What kind of brands do you wear and what kind of aesthetics speak to you? I like doing a few different things, so you never know...something like that may pop up!-h_h-

October 9, 2012 @ 08:02 PM
bedrockhoopz

Do you guys think this design would look good on a tee? Be honest.. http://s1356.beta.photobucket.com/user/bedrockhoopz/media/045_zps1d9fd2ec.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
Link

I just drew it up. My website is feasible.bigcartel.com

The idea behind it is mixing modern day with 50s comic pop art look. Tell me what you think..
October 9, 2012 @ 08:16 PM
Larry S.

Do you guys think this design would look good on a tee? Be honest.. http://s1356.beta.photobucket.com/user/bedrockhoopz/media/045_zps1d9fd2ec.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
Link

The idea behind it is mixing modern day with 50s comic pop art look. Tell me what you think..

If you added some effects a la 50's comics...it'd be ill to me.Maybe do some comic typography on the hat or by it for branding.

October 9, 2012 @ 08:32 PM
al dente co.

That's stating the obvious...haha.Anything you would want on a tee though? What kind of brands do you wear and what kind of aesthetics speak to you? I like doing a few different things, so you never know...something like that may pop up!-h_h-

I like simple and clean aesthetics. Supreme, Fuct, Fucking Awesome, Stray Rats, aNYthing, DQM.

There's nothing wrong with being animated as a brand. Look at bape, ice cream and BBC. I love that shit, also love the hundreds too.

YOUR DOUBLE TAP SHIRT IS ILL! love it.

October 9, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
al dente co.

Link

needs mad work. if you can pull off some pop art'esque type of design it'll work.. IMO

October 9, 2012 @ 08:50 PM
bedrockhoopz

work in what way? like more colors?
October 9, 2012 @ 09:05 PM
al dente co.

@bedrockhoopz
Like this. few brands have done a pop art looking shirt.

October 9, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
CXCITY

I'm the same, not my thing but looks good and cohesive. The last tee is one of the few times I've seen an "inverted" design look good.

CX.CITY. Est. 2009. Los Angeles. New York. Genuine Goods. Trusted Supply. Don't Fade Away | http://cxcitybrand.com

Please login first to reply.