Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 7, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
al dente co.

END OF FALL/WINTER 2012 DROPS IN NOVEMBER, HERE IS A PREVIEW. MORE INFO COMING SOON.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

October 8, 2012 @ 12:50 AM
chads

@aldenteco I think it would look better if you made the space between the picture and the text a little bigger. But it looks good homie!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

October 8, 2012 @ 01:42 AM
jxroguescholars

Just launched a new brand last week based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Please check everything out and let me know what you think. if you love it or hate it that's fine- as long as you can give me some real honest criticism so I can learn and improve my brand.

Brand name: Rogue Scholars
Facebook: facebook.com/roguescholars

Quick note
*I'm not really trying to go for a "cartoony" look but I wanted my first drop to be a bay area mascot theme.

[/img]

Your honest thoughts?

Rogue Scholars: roguescholarsclothing.com ::::: facebook.com/roguescholars ::::: Professional Screen Printing: apparelcanvas.com

October 8, 2012 @ 03:43 AM
huynh

^not really my thing but the design quality looks really good, did you make them yourself?

personally I think that if you're not going for a "cartoony" look it might not be best to start off with cartoony t shirts just because it might capture the wrong target market. Say your next line is not really cartoony but your cartoony stuff sold really well, you have the possibility of losing that entire market that bought your first line because now your shirts are focused on a different market. Perhaps the new market will see your past line and they won't really relate to it either. You know what I mean?

For example, say Black Scale next season changed their stuff to look more like The Hundreds. The original Black Scale fans won't buy it since it now targets the Hundreds' targeted demographic. The Hundreds' original fans may or may not like the "new" Black Scale stuff. Remember I'm just using them as an example and am observing the possible extremes! Not saying that it will happen for sure, making an educated guess.

Just my 0.02 from a business standpoint since you said you weren't going for a cartoony look, but I think targeting the Bay area is a good way to start off.
October 8, 2012 @ 04:32 AM
princeandprez

Just launched a new brand last week based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Please check everything out and let me know what you think. if you love it or hate it that's fine- as long as you can give me some real honest criticism so I can learn and improve my brand.

Quick note
*I'm not really trying to go for a "cartoony" look but I wanted my first drop to be a bay area mascot theme.

[/img]

Your honest thoughts?

Seems a bit childish to me, I know (I'm 15 and a male) I wouldn't wear any of the tees that you posted - perhaps that just my personal style, but I don't think there is a huge demographic of people who would be willing wear something thats that juvenile looking (again, thats not an insult in any way - the designs are well made, just not really my thing).

Find us at www.princessesandpresidents.com

October 8, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
princeandprez

A friend of mine created these. What do you think?

LLOWE - Delivery No.1

Each product available in size S, M, and L.

More detail please visit here (please like our fanpage and invite your friends).
To order please send your email to shop.llowe@gmail.com with subject "ORDER".

LLOWE - Delivery No.2

More detail please visit here (please like our fanpage and invite your friends).

*there will be more stuff released in the upcoming weeks

Button-up is beyond dope.

October 8, 2012 @ 05:17 AM
Jake Ocean

Quick note

[/img]

Your honest thoughts?

i can dig it. i don't like the name with "rogue" because it makes me think of "rogue status". but i don't see the problem with the design work being 'cartoony' at all, there is a huge demographic for that. I like characters like that, and I think if you brand yourselves correctly it could come out pretty nicely.

http://www.distantlight.co

October 8, 2012 @ 05:20 AM
jxroguescholars

^not really my thing but the design quality looks really good, did you make them yourself?

personally I think that if you're not going for a "cartoony" look it might not be best to start off with cartoony t shirts just because it might capture the wrong target market. Say your next line is not really cartoony but your cartoony stuff sold really well, you have the possibility of losing that entire market that bought your first line because now your shirts are focused on a different market. Perhaps the new market will see your past line and they won't really relate to it either. You know what I mean?

For example, say Black Scale next season changed their stuff to look more like The Hundreds. The original Black Scale fans won't buy it since it now targets the Hundreds' targeted demographic. The Hundreds' original fans may or may not like the "new" Black Scale stuff. Remember I'm just using them as an example and am observing the possible extremes! Not saying that it will happen for sure, making an educated guess.

Just my 0.02 from a business standpoint since you said you weren't going for a cartoony look, but I think targeting the Bay area is a good way to start off.

Nope, all points definitely valid from both you and princeandprez. And I am a marketing major so those thoughts are all things I have considered. My idea was to grab a lot of the market during the playoffs of the bay area baseball teams right now - a while makings shirts of teams I love. You're definitely right about switching markets so i do need to be careful about that. While I don't necessarily want to be cartoony, I definitely don't mind the style of Johnny Cupcakes (though not as "cupcake" as his brand - a little more edgy. I'm looking to find a niche between his style and your basic streetwear style as well. So maybe there is a middle ground there for me.

Good thing here is I own a professional screen printing company so I can quickly shift gears according to how I feel the designs are being perceived - hopefully I can use that to my advantage.

Rogue Scholars: roguescholarsclothing.com ::::: facebook.com/roguescholars ::::: Professional Screen Printing: apparelcanvas.com

October 8, 2012 @ 05:25 AM
princeandprez

Nope, all points definitely valid from both you and princeandprez. And I am a marketing major so those thoughts are all things I have considered. My idea was to grab a lot of the market during the playoffs of the bay area baseball teams right now - a while makings shirts of teams I love. You're definitely right about switching markets so i do need to be careful about that. While I don't necessarily want to be cartoony, I definitely don't mind the style of Johnny Cupcakes (though not as "cupcake" as his brand - a little more edgy. I'm looking to find a niche between his style and your basic streetwear style as well. So maybe there is a middle ground there for me.

Good thing here is I own a professional screen printing company so I can quickly shift gears according to how I feel the designs are being perceived - hopefully I can use that to my advantage.

Any chance you want to print our tees (we're based out of Oakland)?

October 8, 2012 @ 05:26 AM
jxroguescholars

LLOWE - Delivery No.1

LLOWE - Delivery No.2

I like the first few tees and I think it's dope that you got the tags there. I know a lot of brands have moved to tagless tees but I'm all for the woven ones - especially if that's a new brand. I believe in going legit right off the bat. Not feeling the though - reminds me a little too much of a Tommy Bahama shirt.

October 8, 2012 @ 06:41 AM
princeandprez

LLOWE - Delivery No.1

LLOWE - Delivery No.2

I like the first few tees and I think it's dope that you got the tags there. I know a lot of brands have moved to tagless tees but I'm all for the woven ones - especially if that's a new brand. I believe in going legit right off the bat. Not feeling the though - reminds me a little too much of a Tommy Bahama shirt.

I agree, unless you add something to the button-up that differentiates itself from something your dad would wear on vacation it becomes a dated piece. Personally, I love it the way it is though,

October 8, 2012 @ 06:52 AM
jxroguescholars

Any chance you want to print our tees (we're based out of Oakland)?

Yeah definitely. Check out my website and shoot us an email - www.apparelcanvas.com.

October 8, 2012 @ 09:12 AM
Fifth

@princeandprez thanks. We only have size M and L now. Will give you a fitpic later
@jxroguescholars thanks for the input appreciate it
October 8, 2012 @ 09:17 AM
princeandprez

@princeandprez thanks. We only have size M and L now. Will give you a fitpic later
@jxroguescholars thanks for the input appreciate it

What is the price? I want it but I'm a big dude (like, shoulders-wise) and idk if it would fit.
Also would love to collab with you guys.

October 8, 2012 @ 01:21 PM
al dente co.

LLOWE - Delivery No.1

LLOWE - Delivery No.2

so far so good. smile

October 8, 2012 @ 02:05 PM
FRWRD

Anyone have any idea about where to look for blank Champion coach jackets or other good blank coaches?
October 8, 2012 @ 04:29 PM
huynh

I'm a marketing major as well cool that's dope how you have that screen printing company man, definitely a huge up. It would be good if you could really set yourself in the niche you're looking for. Hope it pans out, interested to see how your work will grow.
October 8, 2012 @ 09:16 PM
Argot Alexa

Im playing with the idea of a raglan for the fall
Thoughts?

www.theargotiers.com

October 8, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
bpeezus

@argot looks clean bro, would def look good with your 5 panels
October 8, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
al dente co.

What is everyone printing this winter?

I'm doing 6 pieces in total.

4 t shirts on 2 colorways.

1 t shirt on 1 colorway

1 hoodie.

if my hat company can come through with the hat i want, i'll have a hat this winter too....

October 8, 2012 @ 11:18 PM
hkeys

What is everyone printing this winter?

I'm doing 6 pieces in total.

4 t shirts on 2 colorways.

1 t shirt on 1 colorway

1 hoodie.

if my hat company can come through with the hat i want, i'll have a hat this winter too....

We're doing 2 tees, a hoodie, a crewneck, coaches jacket, and 2 beanies. Not too big for most brands Fall/Winter release's but pretty big for us. We should have everything out at the end of the month. This also allows us to drop more pieces within the next couple months too.

http://thedividedminds.com/

October 9, 2012 @ 01:00 AM
Laurence of Arabia

END OF FALL/WINTER 2012 DROPS IN NOVEMBER, HERE IS A PREVIEW. MORE INFO COMING SOON.

dope man ! excited to see the rest !
October 9, 2012 @ 01:03 AM
cityofsavages

@argot don't like the font on this one I feel like it would look better if you put that eiffel tower design you guys have on raglan if you already havent.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

October 9, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
Larry S.

You guys want to critique some of my gear while I'm working on fall stuff? I've been doing this for about a year solid and I need to hear what more people think....I trust a hypebeast to ALWAYS tell me what they feel! -h_h-

My brand's name is Hungry Human. The about page can explain a lot, but it's basically gear for the people that never quit or settle in anything they do.I get inspiration from a bunch of places, but I have a love for fighting games,streetwear,funny stuff and pop culture, so it prob. shows most! Haha.

Each piece has a strong story/inspiration and takes maybe 6-8 months, they're printed on American Apparel with usually waterbased inks because the feel and print techniques are superior and having the garment "breathe" is great for keeping the perspiration down...

Check out http://hungry-human.com to see some posts and about, and please tell me what you think good or bad about the gear as well.It helps me a ton! -h_h-

TRY HARD,NEVER SETTLE,STAY HUNGRY | Hungry-Human.com

October 9, 2012 @ 02:18 AM
nugjug

i like the self sponsored, and the double tap shirts conceptually, however i dont really like the font of the self sponsored, maybe a more aggressive handstyle? if you wantt someone to write a few out, i can help; i've been doing graff for years
October 9, 2012 @ 02:19 AM
princeandprez

You guys want to critique some of my gear while I'm working on fall stuff? I've been doing this for about a year solid and I need to hear what more people think....I trust a hypebeast to ALWAYS tell me what they feel! -h_h-

My brand's name is Hungry Human. The about page can explain a lot, but it's basically gear for the people that never quit or settle in anything they do.I get inspiration from a bunch of places, but I have a love for fighting games,streetwear,funny stuff and pop culture, so it prob. shows most! Haha.

Each piece has a strong story/inspiration and takes maybe 6-8 months, they're printed on American Apparel with usually waterbased inks because the feel and print techniques are superior and having the garment "breathe" is great for keeping the perspiration down...

Check out http://hungry-human.com to see some posts and about, and please tell me what you think good or bad about the gear as well.It helps me a ton! -h_h-

I actually really like your brand - it hits a demographic that isn't really tapped as far as street-fashion goes. Its childish and silly, but also pretty neat. I wouldn't wear it, but I think its a fun looking brand.
The downside I can see with the line is that it isn't really a cohesive and overarching themed line.

October 9, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
Larry S.

i like the self sponsored, and the double tap shirts conceptually, however i dont really like the font of the self sponsored, maybe a more aggressive handstyle? if you wantt someone to write a few out, i can help; i've been doing graff for years

The thing I wanted to convey was attitude, but also have it be readable.The dollar sign kind of did that mixed with the Kieth Haring Nod ...but I hear you.I can see it not being "gritty enough" but maybe I can put some more of that energy in a new piece later on.Thank you.

October 9, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
Larry S.

I actually really like your brand - it hits a demographic that isn't really tapped as far as street-fashion goes. Its childish and silly, but also pretty neat. I wouldn't wear it, but I think its a fun looking brand.
The downside I can see with the line is that it isn't really a cohesive and overarching themed line.

I hear you.I have a lot of trouble with that...I don't want to put myself in a box ,but at the same time I want people to "get it" as a whole.It hard to combine a bunch of worlds and influences into one cohesive look, so I find that I just do really fun things that make me smile or laugh while conveying what the brand energy is about underneath the products &that's been working well.

But if it weren't for the name or logo, you would NEVER know any of this stuff came from the same brand.So, maybe your guy's critiques can help me out there.Right now I feel the bond is mostly the people that support the brand more than the designs.I kind of like that, as long as they have the 'Hungry Human' mindset, I won't be mad at anyone rocking the gear for now,but I will definitely work towards a more solid brand image over time.

P.S. What kind of gear do you normally wear? I'm curious.I bet it's something on the cleaner side, but I can't even begin to assume what (streetwear world/variety is huge!!!)

October 9, 2012 @ 03:49 AM
Jake Ocean

@larry-s
Really cool stuff. I really appreciate Deekin's work, I was gonna hire him a while ago. Nice stuff

http://www.distantlight.co

October 9, 2012 @ 04:10 AM
Larry S.

@larry-s
Really cool stuff. I really appreciate Deekin's work, I was gonna hire him a while ago. Nice stuff

He's fun and it's always funny trying to get him to draw a character based on something he's not really into...the back and forth makes me smile a lot (you just don't know! ) ,so when I look at those little characters, I always laugh thinking about my bud.-h_h-

P.S. Thank you!

Please login first to reply.