Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 19, 2012 @ 07:06 AM
Frank_

Missdd a lot while I was gone... About pricing and quality just for an example I see a lcl brand sell shirts year round 10$ and crews hooded 20-25$ and snapbacks for like 15 and I'm thinking how the fuck do you make a profit... Now my shirts are currently on sale 10$ to clear out the last we have which was about 30 shirts started with like 100 and we have just random sizes in designs left and .. But it is a problem people feel like I can get this cheaper blah blah...

And I have had some success with my brand no store offers or anything yet... But for my first season just that I was able to sell them is success but next season I'm setting my goals even higher...
September 19, 2012 @ 02:20 PM
al dente co.

@vega_box

"am i doing too much"

this line i printed 33 of each shirt... s-xxl

i automatically gave away one of each to my models which left me 25 shirts of each in total....

so thats 150 shirts. out of those 150 i've sold 60 t shirts. doesnt seem like a lot, but its a good amount. i've given away another 20-30 t shirts (friends, fiance, brother and sister.. etc)

it's all about not staying with inventory. i'd rather invest in t shirts and give them away and take the loss than sit on t shirts and not have people wearing my stuff. it'll be like this for a year, i'm guessing.

4 years ago i started a clothing line with a partner and we printed 1700 shirts our first run bc we didnt know shit. we then, for 6 months sat on mad inventory. i wanted to give the shirts away as promo, he didnt. bottom line is, it didnt work out, we split up and he still has about 1680 t shirts.

whether you print 100-1000 t shirts, its up to you. my goal is to atleast sell enough to make my initial investment and if i have to give the rest away for promo, then i'll do that. so it's on you to be the judge as to "am i printing too much"

al dente company // aldenteco.com

September 19, 2012 @ 02:21 PM
mrdaleog

I understand you guys

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

September 19, 2012 @ 02:51 PM
lightworks1crew

Anyone have any opinions on Alstyle's 1701 blanks?

THE NAME OF THE GAME / www.lightworksclothing.com

September 19, 2012 @ 03:18 PM
al dente co.

@lightworks1crew

better fit than the 1301. i used next level 3600 this time bc of the fit, but the shirts were way too soft. 1701's are the way to go, but out of the 1701 and 1301 i like the 1301 better.

they have a thinner rib around the collar and i think it's a different type of ringspun so the shirts a bit softer. just doesnt as many color options.

September 19, 2012 @ 03:30 PM
Laurence of Arabia

@aldenteco Glad you use them, I think im gunna start printing on them for a good while...

A) How do they compare with Hanes Beefy ?
B) Can you compare the fit to any brands ?

Cheers bro !
September 19, 2012 @ 05:36 PM
al dente co.

@pirasy

using what? the next level 3600? they fit awesome. it's a lot softer and fit's more snug. theyre mad comfortable especially here in miami where it's 98 degrees everyday.

I might start using the alstyle my next run just b/c printing feels so much smoother on those shirts compared to the next level.

September 19, 2012 @ 05:40 PM
Laurence of Arabia

@aldenteco I'm not familiar with them but I'll check them out ! I meant more well known lablels ! Sounds awesome still, you're lucky you live in US Im gunna have to pay loads to get them shipped here it would seem sad
September 19, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
ryder

4 years ago i started a clothing line with a partner and we printed 1700 shirts our first run bc we didnt know shit. we then, for 6 months sat on mad inventory. i wanted to give the shirts away as promo, he didnt. bottom line is, it didnt work out, we split up and he still has about 1680 t shirts.

Holy fuck thats a lot lol

_____

As far as alstyle goes I only print on 5301's. I can get them local for pretty cheap so thats a huge plus (no minimums). I've ordered 1301's before but cant remember much about them other than i didnt like the thickness too them.

edmflavor.com

September 19, 2012 @ 05:54 PM
cityofsavages

@jstorm the second one is the best in my opinion.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

September 19, 2012 @ 06:13 PM
Castle Master

Our Serpent Crewneck

http://secretcastle.bigcartel.com/product/the-serpent-crewneck

http://secret-castle.com/

September 19, 2012 @ 08:19 PM
Broken Bank Clo

@vega_box

"am i doing too much"

this line i printed 33 of each shirt... s-xxl

i automatically gave away one of each to my models which left me 25 shirts of each in total....

so thats 150 shirts. out of those 150 i've sold 60 t shirts. doesnt seem like a lot, but its a good amount. i've given away another 20-30 t shirts (friends, fiance, brother and sister.. etc)

it's all about not staying with inventory. i'd rather invest in t shirts and give them away and take the loss than sit on t shirts and not have people wearing my stuff. it'll be like this for a year, i'm guessing.

whether you print 100-1000 t shirts, its up to you. my goal is to atleast sell enough to make my initial investment and if i have to give the rest away for promo, then i'll do that. so it's on you to be the judge as to "am i printing too much"

Good tip. I guess my idea of trying to get a whole bunch of shirts made may be a little out of hand. I was looking at making some both to produce and hand out but never thought about how much I would sell.

Different Question for anyone who has done this before:

Have any of you guys particpated in a event and gotten sponsored to make apparel for it?
I have a idea for some shirts and I'm looking at trying to get sponsored but don't know how to go about doing it.
Do you pocket any of the proceeds or does it all go to thing you are supporting?
I see it as a two part thing. I'll be able to spread the word about my company by having my logo on the back of the shirt and I'll be promoting something good as well to support the community.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

September 19, 2012 @ 08:25 PM
justinsos

If anyone wants to chat clothes or industry email me or pm me! Justinsinkorswim@live.ca

Always down to meet new brands and chat about stuff! I think the only ones I know here are Ryder (Flavor) and Jake (Distant Light)

Looking forward to getting to know more people from this community!!

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

September 19, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
lightworks1crew

@aldenteco Do you think Alstyle's 1701 is better quality than Gildan's G200. I'm trying to find a decent blank

THE NAME OF THE GAME / www.lightworksclothing.com

September 19, 2012 @ 08:38 PM
al dente co.

@vega_box

Ive participated in 2 events: DXC (dunk exchange) and I sponsored a big sean concert.
The DXC sucked b/c it was HB kids 15 and under so I didn’t sell anything.
The Big Sean show sucked even more bc I payed $600 to sponser and have my name on the flyer. I sold about $200 worth of shirts and even though I hung out with big sean, he denied my shirts b/c they werent bbc or ice cream. This was before he started wearing high fashion shit.

all in all if youre thinking you'll get more sales… probably not. Was it good for exposure, NOPE. A few people asked about us but nothing significant. I couldve networked better had I not had a booth in the back of the show.

September 19, 2012 @ 08:45 PM
al dente co.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN PURCHASE CHAMPION HOODIES AND CREW NECKS AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE?

September 19, 2012 @ 08:55 PM
chads

@aldenteco https://www.shirtsinbulk.com/search/champion

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

September 19, 2012 @ 09:41 PM
Broken Bank Clo

@vega_box

Ive participated in 2 events: DXC (dunk exchange) and I sponsored a big sean concert.
The Big Sean show sucked even more bc I payed $600 to sponser and have my name on the flyer. I sold about $200 worth of shirts and even though I hung out with big sean, he denied my shirts b/c they werent bbc or ice cream. This was before he started wearing high fashion shit.

all in all if youre thinking you'll get more sales… probably not. Was it good for exposure, NOPE. A few people asked about us but nothing significant. I couldve networked better had I not had a booth in the back of the show.

Oh yeah I know about that kind of shit. That happened to my once with a event that was going on at a bar. I sponsored and gave away free stuff. Didn't get any customers out of it. I learned from that.

But I'm talking more along the lines of getting sponsored by an event or national cause.
I want to make breat awareness shirts for November to help the cause but also sneak by brand out there for exposure. Along the lines where you ask a corporate company to sponsor you to make some shirts and they pay for it. How does that kind of stuff work.

September 19, 2012 @ 09:52 PM
al dente co.

@vega_box

i'd say approach a company and pitch it to them. sometimes they'll sponsor you and not ask anything in return. they use that type of stuff as a tax write off. Smart way to get your brand exposed and it's for a good cause. my suggestion is to write everything down on paper, design, intentions, and plans and pitch it.

September 19, 2012 @ 09:53 PM
Broken Bank Clo

@aldenteco https://www.shirtsinbulk.com/search/champion

Way better choice at cheaper price
I personally love and use Hanes for my crewnecks P160 50/50 blend and P170 for hoodies.
Fit great and 50/50 blends hardly shrink if at all. Good for summer weather as well.

September 19, 2012 @ 09:57 PM
Frank_

@lightworks1crew I first got samples of the 1701 and 1301 and I liked how soft the 1701 was but the collar felt to loose and wasn't thick and when I washed them they shrunk like shit.. I used a white and a black 1 and both had same problem
September 19, 2012 @ 10:27 PM
karakter1

@vega_box

Oh yeah I know about that kind of shit. That happened to my once with a event that was going on at a bar. I sponsored and gave away free stuff. Didn't get any customers out of it. I learned from that.

But I'm talking more along the lines of getting sponsored by an event or national cause.
I want to make breat awareness shirts for November to help the cause but also sneak by brand out there for exposure. Along the lines where you ask a corporate company to sponsor you to make some shirts and they pay for it. How does that kind of stuff work.

you want to make sure that you are getting the word out to the correct demographic and target audience.....or else, its just a waste of time
September 19, 2012 @ 10:41 PM
Broken Bank Clo

@vega_box

you want to make sure that you are getting the word out to the correct demographic and target audience.....or else, its just a waste of time

@karakter1 is that in regards to my idea?

September 20, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
karakter1

^^^^^

yeh...but i take it back.....doing something for a cause you support is never a waste of time.
September 20, 2012 @ 02:23 AM
qrct1

dopey dollars
Link

these are fucken stupid

aeterna13.com

September 20, 2012 @ 02:27 AM
qrct1

Checkout out my video lookbook please. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

http://www.boneheadsclothing.com/

lmao i was like "lol boneheads like everybody's gonna want to belong to the bonehead crew the name's a joke."
then i went to your site and i enjoyed the vid lookbook.
you guys got cool gear i like the bucket hat, coaches jacket, the beanie everything's pretty cool man.
i gotta say i really like this

aeterna13.com

September 20, 2012 @ 02:41 AM
hkeys

@vega_box We've been able to do a few. They were a local sneaker expo called Bay Area Soleceity. Friends with the dudes who started it so it's pretty cool. Personally, I'm not into kicks but both time there was over 500 people in the building, first one was at a hotel second was at a place called MOSI here in Tampa. Among us there where only a few clothing brands but it's mostly for these HB kids who want Jordans and shit. Both time's we made over $300, first time the table cost us $100, second time was $60. I also got the chance to meet Curren$y, Trademark, Roddy and the whole Jets crew when they came to my city. A friend of mine hosted the show so that was rad, they were hyped on the gear. At the end of the day the whole making our clothes to match sneakers isn't what we are going for but we have colorways that can work with them so people like it. I think being able to do pop up shows, going to events like this, and having connects with local and national rappers/skaters/athletes (whatever your brand is based on) can help a ton. Just being able to grow and build the name of your brand up is one of the most important factors in doing this.

http://thedividedminds.com/

September 20, 2012 @ 02:45 AM
hkeys

I've seen plenty of dope start up brands and brands that have quality work, cut and sew, hats, etc. but for some reason seem to be slepted on or only do most of their business in one specific area. Marketing and Advertising your brand to the right target Market is the hardest thing to do, but can also be the funniest. Depending on how you look at it. Sitting on ya ass waiting for sales to come will never work. Need to network and try to constantly grow every day. Even if it's 10-20 new followers on Instagram, Twitter, etc. The more people who know about your brand sales should follow. (Plenty of factors come into play still).

http://thedividedminds.com/

September 20, 2012 @ 03:22 AM
AmericanLegend

Can someone tell me a good program to create clothing designs, I have just been sketching out any idea I have had. Been wanting to take it to the next step and get very small amount of clothes made (probably like 5 shirts,or hoodies maybe crewnecks) for right now i'm just looking for me and my friends to wear it(). and when we get more money we will go on a bigger scale and actually make more money, I just turned 17, me and my group of friends have been researching business and all that stuff, my friend has a cousin that owns a printing business, from what i've heard he makes stickers and shirts. I don 't know much about printing shirts but I know that it matters what type of machine to use. any advice? also we don't have the funds to buy wholesale stuff, I was thinking of going down to the local store to buy a couple alstyle blanks they have there so we can make shirts. I don't know what type of alstyle they are but I know they are the ones most commonly sold everywhere. almost always sold next to shakas in stores

taste the glamour

September 20, 2012 @ 04:05 AM
wcfrontrvnners

@hkeys Amen , I agree with you 100

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

Please login first to reply.