Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
September 13, 2012 @ 09:26 AM
stillwild

We are here to make a clear statement that another brand out there "CALINOIZE" is apparently biting our design off and trying to make a profit off from something we worked so hard for our creation. This person (rapper stage name: onehunned), booth next to us at World of Dance San Diego & bought a sweater from us. 2 weeks later we found this being posted on his instagram. We Don't respect people that show no respect to other artists. Note that this is after we warned them, and they still persist with this disgusting act. They show absolutely no respect to other brands out there. Guys, plz stay away from CALINOIZE. Have anyone on here run into these type of problems before? I am sure this is common in the clothing industry, but this makes me mad.. They think slapping on some clipart trees onto someone else's work is their work..ridiculous

That's just blatant..

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 13, 2012 @ 10:33 AM
Frank_

With your brands how much of you do you put in it? Like for instant all my designs are influenced by maybe a song I was listening to or even something I was reason or seen... And I'm into film cameras alot more then digital so that's why I shot my lookbook in film... And every lookbook will have some type of theme due to how I'm feeling about the clothes and season.....

And also how is your design process? For me I will design something and then love it look back and hate it and before it goes to print I will change it like 4-5 times before I send the email with the fink design... And I eventually stop liking my old designs and focus on something else..
September 13, 2012 @ 01:07 PM
lightworks1crew

And also how is your design process? For me I will design something and then love it look back and hate it and before it goes to print I will change it like 4-5 times before I send the email with the fink design... And I eventually stop liking my old designs and focus on something else..

Thats exactly what I do. I have so many designs I've done that will never get printed.

THE NAME OF THE GAME / www.lightworksclothing.com

September 13, 2012 @ 01:50 PM
spacycloud

As an emerging brand we are excited to be part of the upcoming DC Fashion Week.
September 13, 2012 @ 02:00 PM
al dente co.

xdung
@lightworks1crew

My design process broken down:

I actually have all the way to next fall designed. I spend hours on the internet and research what other brands have put out. Then I just start drawing things I like. Usually the design reminds me of someting from my childhood. I usually design 20 things and chose the 5 that I like most. The really great designs, I put in my "safe" for later use. I dont want to come out with some crazy dope design right away. I want to build my foundation and let my designs get better and better.

My fall Collection broken down:

RP Insipired Bunny - This is a temporary Logo. After this season, I won't print this one again for a while. I got the idea from richard prince's skull bunny. I drew my own version. I chose this because I love the playboy bunny and I love skulls.

94 Mentality - This is a rip from a 90's hardcore band called - 85' mentality. I flipped it and chose to put Wu-Tang on it. I'm a huge fan of Wu-Tang (even have the logo tattooed on me). 93' is when they dropped their first album. But I didn't discover it till 94. So in 94'-96' I swore I was the missing member to Wu-Tang so I dropped that shirt to remind me of the mentality I had in 94.

Bubble - I also love pop art. I also love different genres of music. Jazz, 90's pop, classical, etc. I grew up listening to madonna, sade, basia, swingout sisters.... I always had a crush on madonna so I used her for this shirt and added the comic bubble for the pop art.

Locally Respected - I felt it had a WW2 feel to it because of the Globe and stars.... I love the militart channel.

I also chose the name "AL DENTE" because i'm a huge foodie and wanna be master chef. I was actually head chef at a restaurant in Miami for a bit, but working in the kitchen wasn't my thing.

AL DENTE - means to cook something till it's tender but not over cooked, but not under cooked either; just right.

So that term describes my brand.

In the future you'll see influence from shit I like: golden age hip hop, food, music, history, b rated horror films. Hopefully I can expand to cut and sew in a few years.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

September 13, 2012 @ 02:02 PM
al dente co.

xdung
@lightworks1crew

My design process broken down:

I actually have all the way to next fall designed. I spend hours on the internet and research what other brands have put out. Then I just start drawing things I like. Usually the design reminds me of someting from my childhood. I usually design 20 things and chose the 5 that I like most. The really great designs, I put in my "safe" for later use. I dont want to come out with some crazy dope design right away. I want to build my foundation and let my designs get better and better.

My fall Collection broken down:

RP Insipired Bunny - This is a temporary Logo. After this season, I won't print this one again for a while. I got the idea from richard prince's skull bunny. I drew my own version. I chose this because I love the playboy bunny and I love skulls.

94 Mentality - This is a rip from a 90's hardcore band called - 85' mentality. I flipped it and chose to put Wu-Tang on it. I'm a huge fan of Wu-Tang (even have the logo tattooed on me). 93' is when they dropped their first album. But I didn't discover it till 94. So in 94'-96' I swore I was the missing member to Wu-Tang so I dropped that shirt to remind me of the mentality I had in 94.

Bubble - I also love pop art. I also love different genres of music. Jazz, 90's pop, classical, etc. I grew up listening to madonna, sade, basia, swingout sisters.... I always had a crush on madonna so I used her for this shirt and added the comic bubble for the pop art.

Locally Respected - I felt it had a WW2 feel to it because of the Globe and stars.... I love the militart channel.

I also chose the name "AL DENTE" because i'm a huge foodie and wanna be master chef. I was actually head chef at a restaurant in Miami for a bit, but working in the kitchen wasn't my thing.

AL DENTE - means to cook something till it's tender but not over cooked, but not under cooked either; just right.

So that term describes my brand.

In the future you'll see influence from shit I like: golden age hip hop, food, music, history, b rated horror films. Hopefully I can expand to cut and sew in a few years.

sidenote - WU TANG also has a song called 97' mentality.

September 13, 2012 @ 05:33 PM
Broken Bank Clo

We are here to make a clear statement that another brand out there "CALINOIZE" is apparently biting our design off and trying to make a profit off from something we worked so hard for our creation. This person (rapper stage name: onehunned), booth next to us at World of Dance San Diego & bought a sweater from us. 2 weeks later we found this being posted on his instagram. We Don't respect people that show no respect to other artists. Note that this is after we warned them, and they still persist with this disgusting act. They show absolutely no respect to other brands out there. Guys, plz stay away from CALINOIZE. Have anyone on here run into these type of problems before? I am sure this is common in the clothing industry, but this makes me mad.. They think slapping on some clipart trees onto someone else's work is their work..ridiculous

That's just blatant..

OH WOW.

I don't know these guys personally but a friend of mine is homies with them and the stay in my hood.
Sucks to see though.
There are way to protect your designs but if they changed a significatn amount of the designs (I think it's like 10%) you really can't do nothing about it but harrass and flame them...

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

September 13, 2012 @ 06:01 PM
al dente co.

OH WOW.

I don't know these guys personally but a friend of mine is homies with them and the stay in my hood.
Sucks to see though.
There are way to protect your designs but if they changed a significatn amount of the designs (I think it's like 10%) you really can't do nothing about it but harrass and flame them...

That's just blatant..

SAME SHIT HAPPENED TO ME. I DROPPED A TANK BACK IN 2011 THAT SAYS "STAY HUNGRY" A COUPLE WEEKS AFTER DROPPING IT, A KNOWN DESIGNER FROM MIAMI HIT ME UP TO DESIGN FOR ME. I TURNED HIM DOWN SINCE HE WAS TOO EXPENSIVE. (HE DESIGNS FOR MIGHTY HEALTHY SOMETIMES)

ANYWAYS, HE STARTED A NEW LINE CALLED "HIPSTAR" AND THEY'RE MOTTO IS "STAY HUNGRY"

I HAVENT CALLED HIM OUT NOR DO I PLAN ON IT B/C HE USED A DIFFERENT FONT. BUT I KNOW HE GOT IT OFF MY DESIGN.

JUST WORK HARDER TO MAKE COOLER SHIT THAN THAT BRAND. PEOPLE TAKE DESIGNS ALL THE TIME. IT'S PART OF THE GAME.

"GOOD ARTISTS BORROW, GREAT ARTISTS STEAL"

September 13, 2012 @ 09:59 PM
foreground

OH WOW.

Sucks to see though.

That's just blatant..

SAME SHIT HAPPENED TO ME. I DROPPED A TANK BACK IN 2011 THAT SAYS "STAY HUNGRY" A COUPLE WEEKS AFTER DROPPING IT, A KNOWN DESIGNER FROM MIAMI HIT ME UP TO DESIGN FOR ME. I TURNED HIM DOWN SINCE HE WAS TOO EXPENSIVE. (HE DESIGNS FOR MIGHTY HEALTHY SOMETIMES)

ANYWAYS, HE STARTED A NEW LINE CALLED "HIPSTAR" AND THEY'RE MOTTO IS "STAY HUNGRY"

I HAVENT CALLED HIM OUT NOR DO I PLAN ON IT B/C HE USED A DIFFERENT FONT. BUT I KNOW HE GOT IT OFF MY DESIGN.

JUST WORK HARDER TO MAKE COOLER SHIT THAN THAT BRAND. PEOPLE TAKE DESIGNS ALL THE TIME. IT'S PART OF THE GAME.

"GOOD ARTISTS BORROW, GREAT ARTISTS STEAL"

Yeah it just makes me really angry. The thing is that when I first busted him, he took it down and he said:

"oh we dont have intention to steal your design and we mean no harm (to me this is bs, you bought the sweater from us & you posted this crap? ) If you feel offended we have already taken it off".

Then after awhile he came back with the second one, telling me that nobody cares about your little 'silly' clothing line. He even has the guts to 'Warn' me if I post any more negative things about the Calinoize, he will 'block' me. In what position does he has to warn me when he is the one copying us. This guy is ridiculous.. Today he finally took it down from his instagram. I hope this does not happen again.. I told him we will have more respect for him as an artist & performer if he would just leave us alone. As for the last statment, I don't agree to it. Stealing someone's work doesn't make you great. But I have to say that great artists out there definitely get copied.

Foreground ® - Rise Independently. www.foregroundofficial.com

September 13, 2012 @ 10:48 PM
Castle Master

The Serpent Crest Tee - www.secret-castle.com

http://secret-castle.com/

September 13, 2012 @ 11:03 PM
Laurence of Arabia

You can find the Skully Tees here at www.pirasy.bigcartel.com
September 13, 2012 @ 11:06 PM
Laurence of Arabia

* dunno why the last pic came out small lmao !!
September 13, 2012 @ 11:30 PM
Castle Master

@pirasy just a word of advice, I'm not hating but get some proper product photos and sort out your purchase options no one wants to "leave a comment for which colour-way you want". what happens if I forgot to comment? then you have to email me and what happens if I dont reply do you refund my money? Im just saying think of these things the internet game is hard with out being your own enemy. Once again I'm not hatin' so don't sound off about this comment

September 13, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
Laurence of Arabia

@castle-master yeah you're right man, up until now Ive been selling my t-shirts in person,so I decided to open up the bigcartel as a stepping stone to selling online, prior to that, I tried moonfruit.com and the online shop feature wasn't good. Im in the process of getting a custom made website ! thanks for the feedback man !!
September 14, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
chads

@aldenteco Damn. I just gained a whole lot of respect for your brand and what its based around. I really wish more brands would offer these explanations because as a customer, I like to know what I'm buying. I feel like there are many tees out there with great explanations behind them but everything other than the actual design gets lost because its not emphasized.
I also really dig the story behind the '94 Mentality tee!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

September 14, 2012 @ 12:32 AM
lalowconate

simple logo thinking about usin this for tags.

LA.LOW (LAYLOW) is a lifestyle brand from LA started about a year ago, check out our instagram @lalowco
September 14, 2012 @ 12:37 AM
lalowconate

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/154540_310351289047366_2024194534_n.jpg

some of our latest releases sold out

FALLxHOLIDAY COMING SOON FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM @LALOWCO AND FOLLOW ME @RSWD_MAFIOSO_
September 14, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
lalowconate

September 14, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
lalowconate

FEEDBACK PLZ
September 14, 2012 @ 12:41 AM
Jake Ocean

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/154540_310351289047366_2024194534_n.jpg

FALLxHOLIDAY COMING SOON FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM @LALOWCO AND FOLLOW ME @RSWD_MAFIOSO_

nothing interesting/unique about the designs.

http://www.distantlight.co

September 14, 2012 @ 01:20 AM
stillwild

With your brands how much of you do you put in it? ... And every lookbook will have some type of theme due to how I'm feeling about the clothes and season.....

The theme especially. Each collection will never be "just a hodge podge of designs tied together under some flimsy theme." I feel like brands that strictly produce clothes (of course each season should be different) -- but there should certainly be an underlying narrative, everything should spring from this context.

As far as me in my designs? As much as makes sense within the context.

We seem to have the same design process. My design process is very much the same! I have to let something sit with me, and after looking at it the 1000th -- if I don't like it as much as the 1st time -- change it or scrap it.

Sketches, sketches and more sketches.

Reading things that have nothing to do with street wear.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 14, 2012 @ 02:08 AM
Castle Master

No one cares if you smoke, it wont help you sell your shit, put some hard work in and draw up something original

September 14, 2012 @ 02:23 AM
HarborCo

No one cares if you smoke, it wont help you sell your shit, put some hard work in and draw up something original

Drugs r bad nyway

http://harbor.storenvy.com/

September 14, 2012 @ 02:28 AM
Castle Master

so so bad

September 14, 2012 @ 03:21 AM
al dente co.

@aldenteco Damn. I just gained a whole lot of respect for your brand and what its based around. I really wish more brands would offer these explanations because as a customer, I like to know what I'm buying. I feel like there are many tees out there with great explanations behind them but everything other than the actual design gets lost because its not emphasized.
I also really dig the story behind the '94 Mentality tee!

Thank you man.

September 14, 2012 @ 03:27 AM
al dente co.

Not sure about your target audience. But out of all the people who wear "street wear" you're narrowing down your niche audience but only catering to the SMOKERS. Now, if that's your point, cool. More power to you.

I do like the play on LAY LOW. I'd come up with a better acronym the "CREAM" one has been used several times.

Dig deep man. It'll come out...

I'm not going to say it's terrible. Just keep trying.

September 14, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
al dente co.

I'm not looking for a hat manufacturer. But does anyone know a brand of blank "snap back" style caps? One that is low profile? That's the only thing I'm missing. Rothco has so cool camp caps but I'm not supreme, nore do I have a box logo that'll look cool on it. HELP!

And don't come at me with this "if you pay me, I got you"

I'm not looking to hop anyones fence. Just looking for a good fitting cap.

September 14, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
♥♥♥♥☮☮☮☮☮♥♥♥♥♥⚐⚑☺☺☺

That is so stupid

https://soundcloud.com/tobiokami/okami-tobiokami https://soundcloud.com/tobiokami/okami-tobiokami MY MUSIC---

September 14, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
foreground

September 14, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
foreground

This...+1

Please login first to reply.