Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
September 12, 2012 @ 04:58 AM
wcfrontrvnners

This thread is all fucked up right now.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

September 12, 2012 @ 05:01 AM
Frank_

yo i have $50 worth of Facebook credits that somebody can use for a new add account i will sell then for low so just pm me
September 12, 2012 @ 05:12 AM

Inactive

jayzus what happened to hb talent.....came in here to say @ricosway your shit is so fucking whack lol. no need to pull out numbers because 12837912879837917297million tumblrfags can buy yo shit but don't you ever call your shit inspired or "original"

"Stay Original, Be An Individual - SNDVL" after reading this and taking one look at your designs... what a joke. of course there is a market for this type of shit for people who don't know any better.

whack ass fucking brands stop posting
peace
September 12, 2012 @ 05:24 AM
stillwild

so hard finding a good screen printer!

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 12, 2012 @ 06:29 AM
rare01

the hater is also a whiner, nuff said..
September 12, 2012 @ 07:31 AM
qrct1

@aaronstrdywngs

appreciate it

www.æterna.net/shop

September 12, 2012 @ 07:35 AM
qrct1

guys do you guys use wordpress?

hypebeast.com is wordpress right?

how do you get it to become a e-commerce site?

could you guys spare any words on developing a website?

I use wordpress www.strdywngs.com.
All you need to do is install an ecommerce plugin. On your wordpress dashboard go to plugins and search for ecommerce. Woocommerce is a popular one and easy to use. Then play around with it and your theme.

You also have to take into account that it takes more than just playing around with a theme to get your site to be really legitimate. This is where hypebeast sets it itself from it competition. The explanation above does still work for a simple ecommerce website.

What skills are required for more customization?
How do the people over at splaynewyork build their sites? (Supreme's website)

www.æterna.net/shop

September 12, 2012 @ 08:00 AM
HEAVYSET

HEAVYSET

Fuckwithit.

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

September 12, 2012 @ 08:07 AM
qrct1

It is A FUCKING COMPETITION.
Are these not businesses?
Are you not STRIVING TO BE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE? (the definition of competition in a nutshell).
If your not well.. more power to you.

All this BUDDY BUDDY shit is lame. Honestly HALF THE COMMENTS AREN'T EVEN CONSTRUCTIVE.
It's about helping each other?

"DOPE LOVE THAT SHIRT"

is not constructive.

Debate, arguments, DISAGREEMENT, are actually the foundation of progress, SO FUCK THAT, I'll feel free to disagree with anyone. (i.e. the united states for those of you from the country).

Sorry for the honesty, but honestly, even you MINSCT, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ABOUT?

A stylish amalgam of nothing is still nothing.

You are a fucking idiot and you are contradicting yourself. If you are business oriented and your shit is so fresh and off the hook and other brands consists of "lifestyle" shit, you should be happy about it cos you are kicking asses big time

And what the fuck is your problem with posts like "I like that shit"? Are you mad cos no one's got love for you and your awesome green website ?

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1

where is his website

www.æterna.net/shop

September 12, 2012 @ 08:30 AM
qrct1

Someone wanna tear this apart? Please

scary and uninviting for me who chose not to tag along with that one skull fad posse from my high school

www.æterna.net/shop

September 12, 2012 @ 09:34 AM
ArmandDushae

Wasup everybody this is Armand Dushae owner of DMBGS by Armand Dushae A line of coinpouches handmade in California that have recently been added to the Karmaloop Kazbah line-up

At 19 years old I launched my company, & in the 10 months since then [ with only about 4 months of actually going hard] I've achieved some degree of success, so hopefully I can contribute to the discussion . Here are some factors that have helped the progress of my product-

- Specialization , My niche is coin pouches. the t-shirt market is over saturated. Unless your brand is fundamentally unique you will need spectacular designs or a celebrity cosigner to succeed. Try to create something (other than a logo) that gives your products that signature look.

- Made In USA , People love the fact that something is homegrown , especially in the current state of our nations politics & economy.

- Good Marketing, If you aren't sending out 15+ emails on the daily ( to stores, stylist, blogs, etc) , all over every social network, and active in the local fashion community then you're not on your job. Youtube is a marketing tool that has greatly helped my brand as well as given me the opportunity to help other brands. My series Tha Trend was instrumental in getting DMBGS known on a larger scale.

- Attention to Detail, things like paying the extra 15 cents per label to have metallic thread, specialty packaging, & lining every bag with silk are the little factors that I'm convinced set my products apart from every other coin pouch on the market.

- In House-Production, I understand everyone isn't a screen-printer or designer but if you can have manufacturing local it gives you the opportunity to quickly ride the "waves" of any current events. One example of what I did was release a Giants Superbowl coin pouch 30 minutes after New York won. It sold out before the week was over (granted it was a limited collection)

I know a lot of you underground lines are probably wondering the affects of partnering with Karmaloop Kazbah & how it boost sales. In the past week & a half I've received orders to Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cali, Mississipi, Texas, Florida, New York & North Carolina . Karmaloop Kazbah is definitely the way to go if you want that worldwide exposure, though they take their 35% and make you pay for shipping , its definitely worth it. Another benefit of partnering with the Kazbah (that's arguably the biggest perk) is the fact that your contact information is on the top of your vendor page. If you have a dope product then web-stores, boutiques, brands & blogs will begin to slowly flood your inbox with business proposals & marketing opportunities.

Any questions hit me up
-Armand Dushae

P.S. Any brands looking to have coin pouches produced I offer the lowest minimums, most customization options & am willing to work with you on pricing . The profit margin is much greater than t-shirts. Also anyone wanting to collaborate , I'm all ears [& Karmaloop Kazbah encourages us to list our collaboration products, so it has the potential to be lucrative ] . Contact : dimebags@armanddushae.com [case-sensitive]

dmbgs.biz / dmbgs101@gmail.com / @ArmandDushae

September 12, 2012 @ 11:39 AM
al dente co.

Damn ya'll still arguing?

LOL

al dente company // aldenteco.com

September 12, 2012 @ 11:41 AM
al dente co.

beside all the arguing .....i just looked at the box we have left of shirts...and we only have about 20 or left sooo

September 12, 2012 @ 11:42 AM
Laurence of Arabia

@armanddushae Good luck man, interesting information that I am going to take unboard, mainly the marketing part (im whack at marketing lol)
September 12, 2012 @ 11:44 AM
al dente co.

HAS ANYONE STARTED WORKING ON THEIR WINTER STUFF YET? I'M DOING A WINTER DROP IN DECEMBER.

I HAVE HOODIES AND T SHIRTS.... STILL DEBATING ABOUT HATS. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND A GOOD HAT MANUFACTURER IN MIAMI. AND THE BLANKS I'VE FOUND ARE HORRIBLE.

September 12, 2012 @ 11:44 AM
Laurence of Arabia

Good luck everyone !! Lets get the positivity back on this thread, I think we can all agree camaraderie is key, right ?
September 12, 2012 @ 11:45 AM
Laurence of Arabia

HAS ANYONE STARTED WORKING ON THEIR WINTER STUFF YET? I'M DOING A WINTER DROP IN DECEMBER.

I HAVE HOODIES AND T SHIRTS.... STILL DEBATING ABOUT HATS. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND A GOOD HAT MANUFACTURER IN MIAMI. AND THE BLANKS I'VE FOUND ARE HORRIBLE.

I have designs ready but if I cant get the best quality garments to work with then I'll postpone until later I wanna stick to t-shirts until im able to get good quality sweaters produced ! What kind of hats are you looking to make bro ?
September 12, 2012 @ 11:47 AM
al dente co.

@ricosway

I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF ADVICE B/C I DABBLED IN AND OUT OF THE SNEAKER MARKET TOO QUICK. BUT EMAIL ME AND I CAN GIVE MARKETING TIPS. THERE IS ALSO 2 STORES HERE IN MIAMI THAT SOLD OUR STUFF, I CAN SEND YOU THEIR INFO. THEY CATER HUGE TO SNEAKER HEADS. ONE OF THE STORES IS OWNED BY JORDAN'S GF'S LITTLE BROTHER AND A CLOSE FRIEND MINE.

I'M ALWAYS OUT TO HELP SOMEONE.

September 12, 2012 @ 11:50 AM
al dente co.

HEY....

I'M ALWAYS DOWN TO GIVE PEOPLE ADVICE WHEN I CAN OR HELP SOMEONE OUT. I READ THIS A WEEK OR SO AGO AND IT DOESNT RELATE TO "STARTING A BRAND" BUT IT HELPS WITH RUNNING A BUSINESS AND HAVING A DIFFERENT MIND SET.

I HAVE A FULL TIME CAREER THAT I LOVE, BUT I HAVE A BIGGER PASSION FOR FASHION AND CLOTHES. SO AL DENTE IS MY SIDE HOBBY TILL IT BECOMES MY CAREER.

STARTING A CLOTHING LINE IS COOL. IT'S FUN AND IT HAS POTENTIAL TO MAKE MONEY. NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE SMART BUSINESS WISE. THIS WON'T ANSWER ALL YOUR BUSINESS QUESTIONS, BUT IT PUTS YOU IN THE CORRECT MIND SET.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/21-ways-rich-people-think-differently.html?page=all

September 12, 2012 @ 11:54 AM
al dente co.

@pirasy

I AGREE. I FOUND SOME GOOD HOODIES AT A GOOD PRICE. I WANT TO MAKE 5 PANEL SNAPBACKS. NOT CAMP CAPS. BUT I NEED SOMETHING WITH A NICE FITTING CROWN.

ANYWAYS, WE'LL TALK LATER. GOTTA GET READY FOR WORK.

September 12, 2012 @ 01:05 PM
karakter1

Mainstream vs Selling Out

first of all...streetwear is officially mainstream!

just take a look back 10 years ago at the accessibility of independent brands....and compare it to now......Brands are in 10x more stores, are in online stores (which changed the game), and there is so much media and social media that its impossible to really be underground.

selling out used to mean- going from the mom and pops boutiques (which kept the brand local and only spread by word of mouth), to bigger accounts ( which made the brand accessible to larger audience).

now...all the brands are in 100 accounts worldwide, on 1000 blogs, in 50 web-stores.

selling out is simply a term that consumers throw around once they realize that the brand they just discovered a year ago....is actually bigger than they realize.

now that streetwear is officially mainstream....on every blog...in 1000s of stores....accessible to anyone around the world regardless of whether they fit the imaginary lifestyle..........there is only SELLING!

all of the major brands have adjusted to this......you cant start your brand based on what you believe your fave brand did in 2002.
September 12, 2012 @ 02:37 PM
ricosway

jayzus what happened to hb talent.....came in here to say @ricosway your shit is so fucking whack lol. no need to pull out numbers because 12837912879837917297million tumblrfags can buy yo shit but don't you ever call your shit inspired or "original"

"Stay Original, Be An Individual - SNDVL" after reading this and taking one look at your designs... what a joke. of course there is a market for this type of shit for people who don't know any better.

whack ass fucking brands stop posting
peace

@12ip show me your brand, if yours is better than mine I'll stop posting, if not then you're irrelevant.
September 12, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
ricosway

Wasup everybody this is Armand Dushae owner of DMBGS by Armand Dushae A line of coinpouches handmade in California that have recently been added to the Karmaloop Kazbah line-up

At 19 years old I launched my company, & in the 10 months since then [ with only about 4 months of actually going hard] I've achieved some degree of success, so hopefully I can contribute to the discussion . Here are some factors that have helped the progress of my product-

- Specialization , My niche is coin pouches. the t-shirt market is over saturated. Unless your brand is fundamentally unique you will need spectacular designs or a celebrity cosigner to succeed. Try to create something (other than a logo) that gives your products that signature look.

- Made In USA , People love the fact that something is homegrown , especially in the current state of our nations politics & economy.

- Good Marketing, If you aren't sending out 15+ emails on the daily ( to stores, stylist, blogs, etc) , all over every social network, and active in the local fashion community then you're not on your job. Youtube is a marketing tool that has greatly helped my brand as well as given me the opportunity to help other brands. My series Tha Trend was instrumental in getting DMBGS known on a larger scale.

- Attention to Detail, things like paying the extra 15 cents per label to have metallic thread, specialty packaging, & lining every bag with silk are the little factors that I'm convinced set my products apart from every other coin pouch on the market.

- In House-Production, I understand everyone isn't a screen-printer or designer but if you can have manufacturing local it gives you the opportunity to quickly ride the "waves" of any current events. One example of what I did was release a Giants Superbowl coin pouch 30 minutes after New York won. It sold out before the week was over (granted it was a limited collection)

I know a lot of you underground lines are probably wondering the affects of partnering with Karmaloop Kazbah & how it boost sales. In the past week & a half I've received orders to Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cali, Mississipi, Texas, Florida, New York & North Carolina . Karmaloop Kazbah is definitely the way to go if you want that worldwide exposure, though they take their 35% and make you pay for shipping , its definitely worth it. Another benefit of partnering with the Kazbah (that's arguably the biggest perk) is the fact that your contact information is on the top of your vendor page. If you have a dope product then web-stores, boutiques, brands & blogs will begin to slowly flood your inbox with business proposals & marketing opportunities.

Any questions hit me up
-Armand Dushae

P.S. Any brands looking to have coin pouches produced I offer the lowest minimums, most customization options & am willing to work with you on pricing . The profit margin is much greater than t-shirts. Also anyone wanting to collaborate , I'm all ears [& Karmaloop Kazbah encourages us to list our collaboration products, so it has the potential to be lucrative ] . Contact : dimebags@armanddushae.com [case-sensitive]

ill pouches homie, this is what I've been looking for. I'm going to shoot you an email today.
September 12, 2012 @ 02:50 PM
al dente co.

@armanddushae

SAW YOUR COIN POUCHES.... NOT MY CUP OF TEA. BUT IT'LL SELL. THAT STEVIE J ONE HAD ME LAUGHING...

COOL APROACH AND GOOD LUCK. YOU SHOULD BE FINE.

September 12, 2012 @ 02:53 PM
ricosway

HEY....

I'M ALWAYS DOWN TO GIVE PEOPLE ADVICE WHEN I CAN OR HELP SOMEONE OUT. I READ THIS A WEEK OR SO AGO AND IT DOESNT RELATE TO "STARTING A BRAND" BUT IT HELPS WITH RUNNING A BUSINESS AND HAVING A DIFFERENT MIND SET.

I HAVE A FULL TIME CAREER THAT I LOVE, BUT I HAVE A BIGGER PASSION FOR FASHION AND CLOTHES. SO AL DENTE IS MY SIDE HOBBY TILL IT BECOMES MY CAREER.

STARTING A CLOTHING LINE IS COOL. IT'S FUN AND IT HAS POTENTIAL TO MAKE MONEY. NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE SMART BUSINESS WISE. THIS WON'T ANSWER ALL YOUR BUSINESS QUESTIONS, BUT IT PUTS YOU IN THE CORRECT MIND SET.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/21-ways-rich-people-think-differently.html?page=all

I'm definitely going to shoot you an email because that's my next goal, getting in these sneaker boutiques.

I read that Yahoo article as well and it's true, I had to share it with a few of my friends.

Thanks,
Rico
September 12, 2012 @ 03:36 PM
stuffedclothing

Check out my Everybody Hates Haters tee I thought it would cheer everyone up from all the negativity going around as of late. Link
September 12, 2012 @ 03:50 PM
ricosway

Check out my Everybody Hates Haters tee I thought it would cheer everyone up from all the negativity going around as of late. Link

A couple people in this thread need to see that tee.

Keep doing your thing g
September 12, 2012 @ 04:04 PM
bradenjust

What do you guys think of the name BTRSTK or Butterstickinc. for a clothing line?

I'd go with Butterstickinc but use BTRSTK for promotional tee's, a second domain for your website, etc...

Our brand name is Sole Individual but we use SNDVL for the uses above.

Good luck on your brand homie!

thanks dude. I have had this brand for over two years but it just always get ripped on by kids who turn it into perverted saying and thats really the only reason i am thinking about changing it.

Im thinking about changing it to JUST.FUN brand. What do you think about that name vs the Butterstickinc?.

Follow me on instagram @bradenjust MM White size XL for sale.

September 12, 2012 @ 07:22 PM
rare01

where is his website

You don't really wanna know, but if you must, it's on his signature.
the guy is the shit and knows his strengths and weaknesses so well to create that amazing site
He's rebranding for something special. But wait, why would he wait until now to pay for new designs/logos/branding if he knew making graphics wasn't part of his talents all along. Makes a lot of sense

I usually like to mind my own business but this asshole is too out of line. So much to hate yet nothing to proof.
Anyways, back to our regular scheduled program
Pce
September 12, 2012 @ 07:28 PM
DannyHH

People need to recognize that brands have targeted audiences, Hypebeast these days is a unique audience. Im just saying many brands posting in here wont be getting what they want to hear from Hypebeast.

Please login first to reply.