Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
September 11, 2012 @ 10:28 PM
stillwild

I dont see sneakers leaving the game anytime soon @ricosway so I think you can be "sustainable". DONT WORRY MAN.

Funny.
Good thing you fall under the same damn category.

Like 95% of the brands who post.

Jesus, I usually keep quiet but WTF.

So much ado about NOTHING.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 11, 2012 @ 10:41 PM
minsct

Kids beefing in this thread is hilarious. What ever happened to just doing you and not worrying about the other fucking 10,000 brands attempting to live the famous life. Quit talking and start walking.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

September 11, 2012 @ 10:43 PM
Jake Ocean

Lots of negativity in this thread. This use to be about HB brands growing together and helping eachother get to the top. HB is a strong community and have helped many people get out and make it, This isnt a competition in here

Seriously..
Enough with the damn competition. Keep it constructive. No fights here.

http://www.distantlight.co

September 11, 2012 @ 10:51 PM
lightworks1crew

I dont make shit for anyone but myself and thats good enough for me

THE NAME OF THE GAME / www.lightworksclothing.com

September 11, 2012 @ 10:53 PM
stillwild

It is A FUCKING COMPETITION.
Are these not businesses?
Are you not STRIVING TO BE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE? (the definition of competition in a nutshell).
If your not well.. more power to you.

All this BUDDY BUDDY shit is lame. Honestly HALF THE COMMENTS AREN'T EVEN CONSTRUCTIVE.
It's about helping each other?

"DOPE LOVE THAT SHIRT"

is not constructive.

Debate, arguments, DISAGREEMENT, are actually the foundation of progress, SO FUCK THAT, I'll feel free to disagree with anyone. (i.e. the united states for those of you from the country).

Sorry for the honesty, but honestly, even you MINSCT, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ABOUT?

A stylish amalgam of nothing is still nothing.

September 11, 2012 @ 11:06 PM
karakter1

hahahahah....ive been missing all this good shit!
September 11, 2012 @ 11:16 PM
stillwild

that's a lot of shit you're talking.
lets see your brand then?

September 11, 2012 @ 11:18 PM
stillwild

what's the most funny?
I tried to be constructive (and nice) at first (somehow that got lost amidst the bludgeoning of stupidity I got with).

September 11, 2012 @ 11:18 PM
rare01

@stillwild --- It's fine to hate . But just so you know at the end of the day, the Creator/owner decides what's the best for the brand and calling it whatever style they want.

Better to concentrate on what you are creating instead of sitting here ranting about it. Just saying

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1
September 11, 2012 @ 11:19 PM
minsct

Sorry for the honesty, but honestly, even you MINSCT, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ABOUT?

I'll tell you what i'm not about. Putting up with kids who can't contain themselves, kids who act like they have something to prove and kids who think they know it all. Keep on keepin it real.

September 11, 2012 @ 11:19 PM
karakter1

my 2cents...

first your designs need to look good! appeal to customer...you want people to see your tee, and in the first 5 seconds, say "that shit is dope"

now, all of that brand meaning and lifestyle and description and shit...is all secondary, and sometimes even irrelevant.

some of you guys continue to focus on all of the wrong things first!

you got your:
facebook
tumblr
instagram
twitter
webstore
lifestyle description
logo buttons
stickers
.................................but neglect to put in countless hours drawing, designing, researching, re-designing, printing and selling product!
September 11, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
stillwild

@stillwild --- It's fine to hate . But just so you know at the end of the day, the Creator/owner decides what's the best for the brand and calling it whatever style they want.

Better to concentrate on what you are creating instead of sitting here ranting about it. Just saying

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1

Really?

That's what you have to say?

Obviously I know. I don't use the Force. I can't make anyone do anything.
But I live in America, and as far as I understand, our ability to say WHATEVER THE FUCK WE WANT, in America transcends borders, and I felt obliged to let loose how I feel about some of the brands on this thread.

I'm a good multi-tasker friend.

September 11, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
karakter1

people post brands looking for advice or input........im not looking for either.

just here to drop some info.
September 11, 2012 @ 11:27 PM
stillwild

my 2cents...

first your designs need to look good! appeal to customer...you want people to see your tee, and in the first 5 seconds, say "that shit is dope"

now, all of that brand meaning and lifestyle and description and shit...is all secondary, and sometimes even irrelevant.

some of you guys continue to focus on all of the wrong things first!
.................................but neglect to put in countless hours drawing, designing, researching, re-designing, printing and selling product!

I agree with MOST of this! Totally what I wanted to say in a nutshell (lets see if you guys try to bludgeon THIS guy with stupidity too.)

However I think brand meaning is tied with, if not more important than design, for importance to a brand (in my book, theres no good design without a good foundation).

September 11, 2012 @ 11:27 PM
stillwild

people post brands looking for advice or input........im not looking for either.

just here to drop some info.

fair enough.
just curious where this information is coming from that you're spouting -- you portray yourself as someone with immense experience.

I don't need to see your brand, I am curious about your credentials though (of course anonymity is your right if you choose, so dear god don't say that).

September 11, 2012 @ 11:38 PM
stillwild

I'll tell you what i'm not about. Putting up with kids who can't contain themselves, kids who act like they have something to prove and kids who think they know it all. Keep on keepin it real.

This is the second time you've referred to me as "kid."

Your assumption only serves to prove how unintelligent you are, if you must stoop to personal insults.
You'll notice whatever critiques you have of me, I have never attacked the individual (while I've been personally attacked numerous times in the past couple pages, personally).

It's the weapon of a child, to attack personally when intellectual conversation becomes no longer an option (the case here, obviously).

So, unless you don't get ID'd anymore (which I highly doubt based on your responses), then you should probably store the word "kid" in reference to other people, in the same whack place that you brand originated from.

Sorry for the honesty pal.

September 11, 2012 @ 11:38 PM
wcfrontrvnners

Kids beefing in this thread is hilarious. What ever happened to just doing you and not worrying about the other fucking 10,000 brands attempting to live the famous life. Quit talking and start walking.

Amen.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

September 11, 2012 @ 11:45 PM
rare01

It is A FUCKING COMPETITION.
Are these not businesses?
Are you not STRIVING TO BE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE? (the definition of competition in a nutshell).
If your not well.. more power to you.

All this BUDDY BUDDY shit is lame. Honestly HALF THE COMMENTS AREN'T EVEN CONSTRUCTIVE.
It's about helping each other?

"DOPE LOVE THAT SHIRT"

is not constructive.

Debate, arguments, DISAGREEMENT, are actually the foundation of progress, SO FUCK THAT, I'll feel free to disagree with anyone. (i.e. the united states for those of you from the country).

You are a fucking idiot and you are contradicting yourself. If you are business oriented and your shit is so fresh and off the hook and other brands consists of "lifestyle" shit, you should be happy about it cos you are kicking asses big time

And what the fuck is your problem with posts like "I like that shit"? Are you mad cos no one's got love for you and your awesome green website ?

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1
September 11, 2012 @ 11:50 PM
mrdaleog

@stillwild While I dont agree with everything you said, I can respect the honest feedback you're giving and on what topic you're giving it on.

I'd like to put myself on anyones chopping block and ask you guys, specifically StillWild, to critique my 'about' page or website for that matter.

Link

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

September 11, 2012 @ 11:53 PM
stillwild

@stillwild While I dont agree with everything you said, I can respect the honest feedback you're giving and on what topic you're giving it on.

I'd like to put myself on anyones chopping block and ask you guys, specifically StillWild, to critique my 'about' page or website for that matter.

This sort of response? LITERALLY, all that I can ask, want, thank you.

I'll totally take a look man.

September 11, 2012 @ 11:54 PM
stillwild

@rare01

I'm in stitches over here.
I never described myself.
Your brand is just as bad, for all there reasons I outlined for the others.
Sorry man.
Step your game up.

To all who hate on Still Wild:
hate on.

September 11, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
rare01

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1

Really?

But I live in America, and as far as I understand, our ability to say WHATEVER THE FUCK WE WANT, in America transcends borders, and I felt obliged to let loose how I feel about some of the brands on this thread.

You are a trash talker good at not making you brand cool
wait, you are just some random guy that lost it on a forum. Lol
Keep flaming joker.

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1
September 12, 2012 @ 12:00 AM
Laurence of Arabia

@karakter1 You hit it in the nail.
September 12, 2012 @ 12:01 AM
stillwild

URBN -

it's actually funny, based on your posts here, I had no idea what your brand was about.
It appears to me, to be a brand about nothing, but in a good way.

This is what I mean, by a brand who can be about nothing and excel.

"Inspire the masses to do what they love, love what they do, and make them look good while doing it.”

Open-ended, but definitely has a reason to exist -- URBN fills a need.

I can def. relate to URBN. URBN is Twenty-Eight Grams after the re-branding man. Re-focusing, to focus on what we're really about.

Although, I feel like you're falling into the pitfall of the "kitchen sink trap" (where brands try to capture a bigger audience than they cater to).

The Worldwide Rebels thing, you explain it well, but honesty.

Empowering people to be creatively (lets call it a muse brand) is fine.

Being a subversive brand is cool too.

Being an inspiring subversive brand is cool too!

But from what I'm seeing, the ideas don't seem to blend in their presentation, other than they're on the same page, and
"Worldwide Rebels" is added to the "URBN" logo.

Just my impressions from reading your "about."

Overall, I can definitely understand why URBN exists, and can relate to it -- as a consumer, that would make me wanna purchase your shit.

September 12, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
stillwild

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1

Really?

You are a trash talker good at not making you brand cool
wait, you are just some random guy that lost it on a forum. Lol
Keep flaming joker.

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1

I'll take it.
At least I can call myself literate.
Might wanna read over what you wrote...

September 12, 2012 @ 12:02 AM
karakter1

Link

i read that joint.....i guess it will do...then again...i read benny golds joint, and that joint is pretty corny too, but i like his designs, so he could have wrote anything and it wouldn't make me like his designs any more or less.
September 12, 2012 @ 12:07 AM
Laurence of Arabia

True man ! If you dont have brand meaning it'll effect the overall design as you will be lacking any form of context. if you dont know what you're trying to convey through your clothing line then you end up becoming lost. This is how I see it, maybe I am wrong.

Every design I put out for Pira$y is calculated, I try and make it so you're almost reading a story and each collection becomes a continuation

@stillwild
September 12, 2012 @ 12:10 AM
minsct

@stillwild I call you a kid because that is exactly what you act like by going on this ridiculous rant. Honestly all you are doing is making enemies and really just making yourself look extremely immature. You could argue with everyone all day about how their brand is "about" nothing. Most of us have a reason why we make clothing, many of us different reasons, but in the end TO EACH THEIR OWN. All I ever hear from you is shit talking other peoples brands when you don't have much to show for yourself. It's a small world homie, don't dig yourself a grave before you've even started.

Time to move along.

September 12, 2012 @ 12:10 AM
stillwild

True man ! If you dont have brand meaning it'll effect the overall design as you will be lacking any form of context.

September 12, 2012 @ 12:13 AM
Laurence of Arabia

Also if anyone gets negative feedback, rather than bite back try and reflect on whats been said, it could be seen as a blessing in disguise.

I look at my line as the creator, then as the competition I am against and then the consumer and my demographic, that'll lead you to success. I think thats the Walt Disney technique ?? Either way its how I do things.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but is necessary. You can tell if someones being spiteful or giving constructive feedback and if not then learn how to, its important.

Please login first to reply.