Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
September 11, 2012 @ 02:58 PM
ricosway

guys do you guys use wordpress?

hypebeast.com is wordpress right?

how do you get it to become a e-commerce site?

could you guys spare any words on developing a website?

I use wordpress www.strdywngs.com.
All you need to do is install an ecommerce plugin. On your wordpress dashboard go to plugins and search for ecommerce. Woocommerce is a popular one and easy to use. Then play around with it and your theme.

Nice clean site homie
September 11, 2012 @ 04:19 PM
FRWRD

I uploaded a few pictures of how I made the summer tees.. This is a one man brand, one man vision, all DIY with two hands. Would be cool if you guys could check it out:

You can see the rest over at our Facebook page! www.facebook.com/LITW12.

Also, tees are going quick so order now!
http://litw.bigcartel.com/

Does anyone have good beanie manufacturers?
September 11, 2012 @ 04:32 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Jake's doing his thing and getting his brand out there, that's all that matters. Surprised no ones brought this up yet but how do y'all feel about brands on Insta who follow thousands of people and hope for a return in followers? I usually get followed by extremely horrible brands who follow 10's of thousands of people. I get it they want people to see it and comment and like, lead to buying, etc. I've never seen a dope brand do this. We just hit 1,000 last week which isn't much but still appreciate all of our followers we have. I'd rather try and gain the people who I know will be interested in our brand vs following everyone just to look like you have tons of followers and your brand is the next big thing. What's your guys opinion?

I love instagram(IG), one of the best markting tools we have right now since facebook has been shitting the bed lately. I wont lie, i've put some mad sweat equity into our IG account, followed about 67k people and we have 20k that follow us. I've done upwards of $1000 worth of sales from instagram over the past 6 months if not more. Its a hit or miss sometimes tho. Any type of marketing/poster will go no where fast on IG, so you have to use it more as a branding tool to just show, and not try and actually sell it directly.

Looking at my account now, i wish it didnt show we were following so many people, but for every positive theirs a negative.

If i had to start over, i think i would still follow a bunch of people, however theres limits on new accounts that dont let you follow more than 5k. Half of that would be because i know im not a /brand/ new company, i think my stuff is above average compared to all the brands on IG (im referring to the t shirt only brands that make up the majority of accounts). I dont spam stuff either, 1-2 pictures a day, sometimes not even related to my brand. Its good to have a "real" feeling to your online appearance, i eat and party like everyone else, might as well share some unique things along side it.

Other half of the reasoning would be that 'ive heard from tons of friends and friends of friends that were like "oh ya, you guys followed me on instagram a while back!". Boom. Thats a success to me, most of the people that have said that end up buying from us down the road.

IG also lets me connect with my customers, and try and connect with future customers.

"If its a stupid idea and it works, its not stupid"

Edit: To add on the whole brand loyalty/target market thing, i believe that the people that do follow you back are the ones that fit into that category, maybe not all of them, but following a bunch is a good way to of course find some new loyal customers which i have done. Also i dont just follow randoms, search by #hastags for local landmarks/airports etc, and then go through friends list etc to find locals smile

Instagram is FREE, theirs no reason NOT to use it to try and obtain customers/sales.

Agreed
That parts you said about showing you are a "real" person is so crucial.
When I first started my IG I mainly focused on posting pic of the garmetns I made. Then I had that feeling of my IG seems like generic spam and doesn't really show my personallity and how I feel. Then I started to let loose and present people who the mind of the creater of Broken Bank Clothing.
I'll post pictures of me watching my favorite shows, my kids and funny shit I think of during that day and throw in my brand in small hints.
I don't want people to feel like "damn all this guy does is focus on his brandm he must not have a life" you know.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

September 11, 2012 @ 04:41 PM
ricosway

I uploaded a few pictures of how I made the summer tees.. This is a one man brand, one man vision, all DIY with two hands. Would be cool if you guys could check it out:

How much did you pay for your screen printing set up and how long did it take you to learn how to screen print?
September 11, 2012 @ 05:09 PM
FRWRD

pics

How much did you pay for your screen printing set up and how long did it take you to learn how to screen print?

Not my setup, old stuff at my old school that was somewhat broken. I was able to use it for a fee + own ink supplies.
I had never screenprinted before so it was all experiment and quite the experience..
September 11, 2012 @ 05:25 PM
al dente co.

TO EVERYONE WHO I EMAILED BACK WITH MY "FREE GIVE-AWAY" I'M MAILING SHIRTS OUT LATER THIS WEEK, YOU'LL RECIEVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION WITH THE TRACKING. MY REAL JOB IS KICKING MY ASS, IF NOT I WOULDVE GOTTEN THEM OUT LAST FRIDAY NIGHT.

CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT
http://blog.aldenteco.com/post/30973485726/culture-fsp

al dente company // aldenteco.com

September 11, 2012 @ 06:50 PM
stillwild

Hello All,

Sole Individual was founded July 27, 2011 by Rico Lindsay in 2011 upon graduation from his alma mater The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. The frustration of working a corporate job he didn't desire pushed Rico to create a business out of his passion for sneakers. He would eventually begin working with Randel Abrenica which pushed the company to new heights. What started out as a small venture for the entrepreneurs quickly turned into a lifestyle. Sole Individual has reached and inspired thousands of sneakerheads to follow their dreams and take pride in their individuality.

Sole Individual is more than a clothing brand and more than a sneaker blog, we pride ourselves on promoting individuality around the world. We push boundaries to inspire our peers around us to take control of their life and let your actions define who you are. We're living testimonies that you can do anything that you put your mind to.

Our aim is provide you all with dope clothing to match your sneakers at affordable prices.

We'd love for you all to check out our clothing and follow our movement

@SoleIndividual on Twitter
@SoleIndividual on Facebook
@SoleIndividual on Instagram

Visit our website at SNDVL.com

Thank you,
Rico

Dope, love that shirt

Thank you for the love bro.

We're going to be updating our thread http://hypebeast.com/forums/fashion-brands/forum/topic/181065/?_wpnonce=a226937b27#post-3668480 with customer pictures, updates, and promo codes.

Follow our movement

Thank you

This looks the same as at least 5 other brands I've seen.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 11, 2012 @ 06:54 PM
armyofkings

ONLINE STORE IS NOW OPEN www.ARMYOFKINGS.com

JOIN THE ARMY www.ARMYOFKINGS.com

September 11, 2012 @ 06:55 PM
stillwild

Everyone wants to be a trendsetter with a movement, but no one wants to start a trend.
The premise of a good and successful, but even more sustainable business -- an idea that hasn't already been done.
To fill a need.

Half of these brands on this thread?

Half-baked. If you wanna do it for just the money that's cool. But don't expect any longevity as long as you look EXACTLY other brands -- the only thing separating you then, price.

I can't express how annoyed I am, EVERYTIME I read a brand's about.

"BLAH, we want to start a movement" (well what is itconfused

"Our movement is..." (enter FIFTY different, UNRELATED subjects, in an attempt to capture A HUGE MARKET THAT YOU ULTIMATELY CANNOT SERVE WELL, imagine if McDonalds tried to serve gourmet cuisine alongside a Mcwhopper. Exactly).

Stop calling your shit a lifestyle, if your answer to WHAT IS YOUR LIFESTYLE is, any form or variation of this.

That's not a lifestyle.

September 11, 2012 @ 07:04 PM
adriane

guys do you guys use wordpress?

hypebeast.com is wordpress right?

how do you get it to become a e-commerce site?

could you guys spare any words on developing a website?

I use wordpress www.strdywngs.com.
All you need to do is install an ecommerce plugin. On your wordpress dashboard go to plugins and search for ecommerce. Woocommerce is a popular one and easy to use. Then play around with it and your theme.

You also have to take into account that it takes more than just playing around with a theme to get your site to be really legitimate. This is where hypebeast sets it itself from it competition. The explanation above does still work for a simple ecommerce website.
September 11, 2012 @ 07:17 PM
Bulldog

No greater feeling than rocking your own logo out and about. Proud moments, haha.

Don’t forget to check the site if you haven’t as of late. Last week's markdowns on the remaining stock of the logo collection means $10 tees, as well as sticker and button packs for cheap! Use the promo code DELAHYPE for an additional 25% off your order. That’s only $7.50 for your own Bomber logo tee!

Every penny earned through sales goes towards our next creative venture on the horizon... and puts us one step closer towards starting up our own apparel brand. It goes without saying that any and all support is greatly appreciated, you and us here at La Mash are building dreams.

www.justinungar.com

September 11, 2012 @ 07:18 PM
Frank_

Everyone wants to be a trendsetter with a movement, but no one wants to start a trend.
The premise of a good and successful, but even more sustainable business -- an idea that hasn't already been done.
To fill a need.

Half-baked. If you wanna do it for just the money that's cool. But don't expect any longevity as long as you look EXACTLY other brands -- the only thing separating you then, price.

"Our movement is..." (enter FIFTY different, UNRELATED subjects, in an attempt to capture A HUGE MARKET THAT YOU ULTIMATELY CANNOT SERVE WELL, imagine if McDonalds tried to serve gourmet cuisine alongside a Mcwhopper. Exactly).

Stop calling your shit a lifestyle, if your answer to WHAT IS YOUR LIFESTYLE is, any form or variation of this.

That's not a lifestyle.

most people say skateboarding and listing to music and being open minded and going against the rulles bam lifestyle labeled in it..... but your designs dont reflect that lifestyle or anything you have said.
September 11, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
VNDTAkast

Just dropped this.

Instagram: VNDTAkast

September 11, 2012 @ 08:12 PM
wcfrontrvnners

@ricosway Thanks fam.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

September 11, 2012 @ 08:18 PM
kocane

Was finally able to take my own pictures of our sample beanies that just came in the mail today, will be selling these early October for 20USD

That's mad nice. I'll buy one.
September 11, 2012 @ 08:39 PM
al dente co.

To fill a need.

That's not a lifestyle.

AND WHAT IS YOUR BRAND ABOUT?

FOR SOMEONE WHO HASNT PUT OUT ANYTHING AND IS PUSHING YOUR LINE BACK TILL LATE 2012, YOU DEF HAVE A LOT TO SAY.

IT'S NOT COOL TO TALK SMACK BUT HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. I CAN AGREE WITH YOU AND SAY I THINK THERE ARE A LOT OF BRANDS HERE THAT ARE BULLSHIT. BUT WHO AM I TO GO AHEAD AND AIR IT OUT FOR EVERYONE TO SEE?

I WISH YOU LUCK MAN AND HOPE YOU COME OUT WITH HEAT. IF YOU DON'T I'M CALLING YOU OUT ON IT LATE 2012.

September 11, 2012 @ 09:26 PM
stillwild

To fill a need.

That's not a lifestyle.

your designs dont reflect that lifestyle or anything you have said.

this ^.

September 11, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
stillwild

To fill a need.

That's not a lifestyle.

FOR SOMEONE WHO HASNT PUT OUT ANYTHING AND IS PUSHING YOUR LINE BACK TILL LATE 2012, YOU DEF HAVE A LOT TO SAY.

IT'S NOT COOL TO TALK SMACK BUT HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. I CAN AGREE WITH YOU AND SAY I THINK THERE ARE A LOT OF BRANDS HERE THAT ARE BULLSHIT. BUT WHO AM I TO GO AHEAD AND AIR IT OUT FOR EVERYONE TO SEE?

I WISH YOU LUCK MAN AND HOPE YOU COME OUT WITH HEAT. IF YOU DON'T I'M CALLING YOU OUT ON IT LATE 2012.

It's funny to hear this from you specifically.

When do I ever talk shit?

Anyone who knew me as gramsongrams, knows.

In fact, this is the first 100% negative post.

I stand by it.

I'll play the Lupe role and educate you pimpin.

Lets do a side by side comparison.
(You shouldn't need any designs for people to understand your company, if it truly serves a purpose first of all, designs only serve to substantiate your 'about').

Purpose --

Still Wild - Reconnecting People with Nature.

Al Dente Co. - No about section. So when I land on your landing page (as a consumer), I'm already turned off.
The only thing that I see is a skull that looks like a variation on the playboy logo (so automatically I think nothing).

The store. I take it this is the centerpiece of your brand (where the money comes from).

By the way, Al Dente refers to the texture of pasta (semi-firm)

so do you want me think you're kind of hard? (see Lurk Hard, they do that, and it's obvious)

or do you want me to think you're locally respected? why should I think that?

It's kind of sad that you're claiming that my brand is less than based on a firm idea,
when you're out and established and still can't figure out your brand.

From my one sentence, I bet you know what mine's about, exactly.

Cut away the layers of bullshit, why are you locally respected? Should that even be your slogan?

September 11, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
DannyHH

Lots of negativity in this thread. This use to be about HB brands growing together and helping eachother get to the top. HB is a strong community and have helped many people get out and make it, This isnt a competition in here
September 11, 2012 @ 09:40 PM
ricosway

To fill a need.

That's not a lifestyle.

I really didn't want to entertain you but I have no choice. This picture was actually taken this morning for guys like yourself.

This is the average number of shipments I package and ship myself weekly. We officially launched our company in February of this year and we're at 20,000+ followers on Instagram and 3,000+ on Twitter and that's without buying followers or following thousands for a follow back. So yeah I'd like to believe we actually have a movement, matter fact log on Instagram and search the hash tag #SNDVL with over 18,000 pictures from sneakerheads who follow our movement.

I'm humble about my success because I know God has blessed me because I give all the glory to him plus I work HARD! I'm confident in my brand but I do not believe I have the best brand and it's a lot to learn that's why I came to this forum to politic with owners of different brands to help each other grow. It's guys like you that make things a competition because you're bitter. You've yet to see me comment negatively on anyone's post on this thread because I don't believe in putting anyone down because I know how hard we all work and how passionate we are about our craft plus I'm doing great why would I be worried about the next man? That's for you bitter guys.

Instead of hating, work harder and show love and things will change for you.

Shouts to @aldenteco @craftysince90 for understanding what this forum is suppose to be about, let's help each other grow!

If you'd like to check us our links are below

SNDVL.com

Thank you,
Rico
September 11, 2012 @ 09:41 PM
garyoak

Stay positive fellas!
September 11, 2012 @ 09:50 PM
wcfrontrvnners

@kocane That's wsup, thanks. I posted it up as a teaser. When the full shipment is in I'll post in here where to buy.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

September 11, 2012 @ 09:58 PM
stillwild

@ricosway

I don't care what numbers you do. Like I said, do it for the bread if you will. But claiming to rep a "lifestyle", that's a serious claim.

You wanna know whose a lifestyle brand? Abercrombie.

Lets see whose more sustainable in the end.

I'd rather have brand I can stand behind. Rather than a profitable shitshow.

I held back but lets be honest. You are pop-shit.

Me? I'm Wu-Tang. It might mean doing less units. It might mean having 300 followers versus 10000.

Having followers isn't a movement.
Having a movement, means having a movement.

Just like having a logo doesn't make you a brand.
or having a gun doesn't make you a killer...

Sorry man, the world's a big place, and street wear is a big market, even shitty brands can do well... that's word to karma loop...

Oh, and if you do have a movement, it's definitely a stagnant movement.
I won't be apart of ANYTHING, like that.

September 11, 2012 @ 10:05 PM
al dente co.

To fill a need.

That's not a lifestyle.

I stand by it.

(You shouldn't need any designs for people to understand your company, if it truly serves a purpose first of all, designs only serve to substantiate your 'about').

Purpose --

Al Dente Co. - No about section. So when I land on your landing page (as a consumer), I'm already turned off.
The only thing that I see is a skull that looks like a variation on the playboy logo (so automatically I think nothing).

The store. I take it this is the centerpiece of your brand (where the money comes from).

so do you want me think you're kind of hard? (see Lurk Hard, they do that, and it's obvious)

It's kind of sad that you're claiming that my brand is less than based on a firm idea,

Cut away the layers of bullshit, why are you locally respected? Should that even be your slogan?

EVERYONE GIVE THIS IGNORANT LITTLE KID A STANDING OVATION. HE DISECTED MY BRAND AND EXPOSED ME.

I'M GOING TO LAUGH WHEN THE WORLD SHITS ON YOU. IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO FUCK THINGS UP FOR THE HUMBLE, HARD WORKING INDIVIDUAL. I CAN WRITE AN "ABOUT ME" EXPLAINING HOW AMAZING I AM. BUT THOSE ARE JUST WORDS. I'LL LET MY AESTHETIC AND FOLLOWING SPEAK FOR ITSELF. YOU MIGHT THINK YOU HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT, YOU DON'T.

I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT FOR EVEN GIVING SOMONEONE OF YOUR TYPE THE SMALLEST BIT OF ATTENTION.

BE A FUCKING MAN, GROW SOME BALLS AND MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF INSTEAD OF USING SLANDER TO MAKE YOURSELF SEEM LIKE A BIG SHOT IN THE STREETWEAR OR CLOTHING BRAND WORLD.

OH AND A TIP OF ADVICE, LOSE THE GRAND THEFT AUTO FONT I SAW ON YOUR TWITPICS. THAT'S SO DAMN ORIGINAL.

THANKS FOR TAKING OUT THE TIME TO VISIT MY SITE TODAY. I'M DONE SPEAKING TO A FUCKTARD SUCH AS YOURSELF.

LET'S BE MATURE AND USE THIS THREAD TO NETWORK AND DISCUSS. NOT TO SLANDER PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE MORE THAN WRITE AN "ABOUT ME"

-
ER

September 11, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
Frank_

To fill a need.

That's not a lifestyle.

I stand by it.

Purpose --

but also not every brand has the same formula... to point 1 thing about al dente is that i like the mysterious factor about it...if he pushes it right and has good clothing it can be successful... and then dont be so critical not everybody is going to have a clear cut brand straight off the bat...we all are going to lack something...all these brands we buy now have been in the game 5+ even 10+ years
September 11, 2012 @ 10:15 PM
stillwild

I know I'm better than you.
To fill a need.

That's not a lifestyle.

I stand by it.

Purpose --

EVERYONE GIVE THIS IGNORANT LITTLE KID A STANDING OVATION. HE DISECTED MY BRAND AND EXPOSED ME.

I'M GOING TO LAUGH WHEN THE WORLD SHITS ON YOU. IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO FUCK THINGS UP FOR THE HUMBLE, HARD WORKING INDIVIDUAL. I CAN WRITE AN "ABOUT ME" EXPLAINING HOW AMAZING I AM. BUT THOSE ARE JUST WORDS. I'LL LET MY AESTHETIC AND FOLLOWING SPEAK FOR ITSELF. YOU MIGHT THINK YOU HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT, YOU DON'T.

I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT FOR EVEN GIVING SOMONEONE OF YOUR TYPE THE SMALLEST BIT OF ATTENTION.

BE A FUCKING MAN, GROW SOME BALLS AND MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF INSTEAD OF USING SLANDER TO MAKE YOURSELF SEEM LIKE A BIG SHOT IN THE STREETWEAR OR CLOTHING BRAND WORLD.

OH AND A TIP OF ADVICE, LOSE THE GRAND THEFT AUTO FONT I SAW ON YOUR TWITPICS. THAT'S SO DAMN ORIGINAL.

THANKS FOR TAKING OUT THE TIME TO VISIT MY SITE TODAY. I'M DONE SPEAKING TO A FUCKTARD SUCH AS YOURSELF.

LET'S BE MATURE AND USE THIS THREAD TO NETWORK AND DISCUSS. NOT TO SLANDER PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE MORE THAN WRITE AN "ABOUT ME"

-
ER

It's funny because.
(I don't know you. I don't care about you as a person)
Brand-wise.
I know my designs are better.
My brand is better.

I have respect for some brands.
Other brands like yours and Highly Honored (whatconfused

GTFO. Go back to the drawing board.
Come up with something better.

The companies that LAST, Nike to new ones like Hall of Fame, Black Scale, ETC

You better believe that their brands are centered around more than copying what everyone else does (people copy them) like you.

Highly Honored, your line sheet BLATANTLY rips off Jay Z's made in America logo, it's not INSPIRED BY, ITS A RIP WTF?

c'mon.

you gotta come proper.

'til you can prove otherwise (or anyone for that matter)

I'm Jordan.

Good luck getting on the roster.

September 11, 2012 @ 10:16 PM
ricosway

@ricosway

I don't care what numbers you do. Like I said, do it for the bread if you will. But claiming to rep a "lifestyle", that's a serious claim.

You wanna know whose a lifestyle brand? Abercrombie.

Lets see whose more sustainable in the end.

I'd rather have brand I can stand behind. Rather than a profitable shitshow.

I held back but lets be honest. You are pop-shit.

Me? I'm Wu-Tang. It might mean doing less units. It might mean having 300 followers versus 10000.

Having followers isn't a movement.
Having a movement, means having a movement.

Just like having a logo doesn't make you a brand.
or having a gun doesn't make you a killer...

Sorry man, the world's a big place, and street wear is a big market, even shitty brands can do well... that's word to karma loop...

Oh, and if you do have a movement, it's definitely a stagnant movement.
I won't be apart of ANYTHING, like that.

We now understand why you are mad lol.

How am I not living a lifestyle? My brand is based around sneakers so most of my clothing is inspired by a sneaker. Matter fact I design my clothing to match with your sneakers. We attend sneaker shows, we interact with our supporters about sneakers every day, and we blog about sneakers on our website. Not to mention, I've been loving sneakers forever, they've always been apart of my life before my brand was even thought of. So how is Sole Individual not a lifestyle? You're sounding ridiculous right now. Trust me, people have to love your brand for it to sell, so your opinion is irrelevant. My brand is not for you and that's fine but don't hate because you're not doing well.

The fact remains you're mad because no one is paying attention to your "brand". So you mean to tell me you're doing this just because you love it so much and you don't plan to profit? I graduated worked full time for a year but since launching my line I've worked for myself. This is all I do, so yes I'm looking to profit off of it. Why wouldn't I do what I love to do for a living? You sound stupid right now man.

The fact remains you're bitter because you can't get your brand off of the ground. I went to your website and it's horrible to say the least. Logged on your twitter and you have 29 followers talking about you're a lifestyle brand? Who's living that corny lifestyle you're trying to portray? Haha. I didn't even know what your brand was about by looking at it, your logo I guess was a bunch of letters? I'm confused but from your message above what you criticized me of you're suffering from haha. Where are your clothes? I'm seeing you shouting out other brands, I'm confused.

You're a joke man, I knew you wouldn't be worth entertaining. People like yourself talk a lot but can't back anything up.

I wish you well!
September 11, 2012 @ 10:19 PM
stillwild

Of course, every brand has a different formula,
but the only kind of formula that DOESN'T work for every brand, universally, is to be about nothing.

I never said it can't be profitable.
I say, and stand by that, it can't be sustainable.

September 11, 2012 @ 10:25 PM
lightworks1crew

I dont see sneakers leaving the game anytime soon @ricosway so I think you can be "sustainable". DONT WORRY MAN.

THE NAME OF THE GAME / www.lightworksclothing.com

September 11, 2012 @ 10:27 PM
ricosway

I dont see sneakers leaving the game anytime soon @ricosway so I think you can be "sustainable". DONT WORRY MAN.

@lightworks1crew I was thinking the same thing when he said that but again it was another ignorant comment from him that I didn't want to entertain.

Thanks for the love bro! I'm going to check out your brand right now homie.

Please login first to reply.