September 11, 2012 @ 12:27 AM
Angry Chair

got on this walkout tee for a cagefighter i sponsor, Clinton "CJ" Fouse. tee designed and made by Vanquish Sports.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifist-Fight- Wear/198022430260055

September 11, 2012 @ 12:37 AM
Frank_

@aldenteco Sent email
September 11, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
AndyRocksBluu

Jake's doing his thing and getting his brand out there, that's all that matters. Surprised no ones brought this up yet but how do y'all feel about brands on Insta who follow thousands of people and hope for a return in followers? I usually get followed by extremely horrible brands who follow 10's of thousands of people. I get it they want people to see it and comment and like, lead to buying, etc. I've never seen a dope brand do this. We just hit 1,000 last week which isn't much but still appreciate all of our followers we have. I'd rather try and gain the people who I know will be interested in our brand vs following everyone just to look like you have tons of followers and your brand is the next big thing. What's your guys opinion?

I actually was thinking about that same topic the other day. In my opinion I really think its a waste of time to buy/follow as many people on Instagram just to get your follower number up. The whole point of these social networks are to build a PERSONAL CONNECTION with your TARGET MARKET. This weekend a came across a brand at a function for Fashion Night Out in NYC and he was bragging about having 10K followers. I was impressed until I saw on avg he would only get 100likes per post which breaks down to a whooping 1% of his followers actually follow his brand. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

September 11, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
al dente co.

IN CASE ANYONE MISSED MY BRANDS LOOKBOOK.....

http://aldenteco.com/lookbook.html

al dente company // aldenteco.com

September 11, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
cityofsavages

I'd rather try and gain the people who I know will be interested in our brand vs following everyone just to look like you have tons of followers and your brand is the next big thing. What's your guys opinion?

Absolutely agree with this. One key attribute of great brands is that they have a distinct personal connection with their customers and fans.

Very true.

Don't get in over your head to early or you might burn out...
But not all brands follow the same game plan, so as long as you have a handle on everything that is going on who can knock you.

And to be honest I follow the brands I both like and dislike. Just to keep an eye out on what they are going wrong or what I think it wrong in my eyes so I make sure I don't do the same.

Totally agree with this learning from the mistakes of others is the best. Take your time and observe.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

September 11, 2012 @ 01:31 AM
Frank_

@aldenteco I think you should put some pictures from the lookbook also on that page some people wont watch the video everytime
September 11, 2012 @ 01:36 AM
hkeys

Jake's doing his thing and getting his brand out there, that's all that matters. Surprised no ones brought this up yet but how do y'all feel about brands on Insta who follow thousands of people and hope for a return in followers? I usually get followed by extremely horrible brands who follow 10's of thousands of people. I get it they want people to see it and comment and like, lead to buying, etc. I've never seen a dope brand do this. We just hit 1,000 last week which isn't much but still appreciate all of our followers we have. I'd rather try and gain the people who I know will be interested in our brand vs following everyone just to look like you have tons of followers and your brand is the next big thing. What's your guys opinion?

I actually was thinking about that same topic the other day. In my opinion I really think its a waste of time to buy/follow as many people on Instagram just to get your follower number up. The whole point of these social networks are to build a PERSONAL CONNECTION with your TARGET MARKET. This weekend a came across a brand at a function for Fashion Night Out in NYC and he was bragging about having 10K followers. I was impressed until I saw on avg he would only get 100likes per post which breaks down to a whooping 1% of his followers actually follow his brand. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Damn, so I'm not the only one who feels this. I mean yeah Instagram has become much more popular, but, for a brand it's by far the easiest thing to do to target your market, over fb, twitter, tumblr. Plus, people get to see what you have and hopefully you have great pictures for your products or promos. I personally enjoy people's responses to our pictures and the amount of sales that have come because of using it. A great tool to have if you can utilize it the proper way.

http://thedividedminds.com/

September 11, 2012 @ 01:48 AM
ryder

I love instagram(IG), one of the best markting tools we have right now since facebook has been shitting the bed lately. I wont lie, i've put some mad sweat equity into our IG account, followed about 67k people and we have 20k that follow us. I've done upwards of $1000 worth of sales from instagram over the past 6 months if not more. Its a hit or miss sometimes tho. Any type of marketing/poster will go no where fast on IG, so you have to use it more as a branding tool to just show, and not try and actually sell it directly.

Looking at my account now, i wish it didnt show we were following so many people, but for every positive theirs a negative.

If i had to start over, i think i would still follow a bunch of people, however theres limits on new accounts that dont let you follow more than 5k. Half of that would be because i know im not a /brand/ new company, i think my stuff is above average compared to all the brands on IG (im referring to the t shirt only brands that make up the majority of accounts). I dont spam stuff either, 1-2 pictures a day, sometimes not even related to my brand. Its good to have a "real" feeling to your online appearance, i eat and party like everyone else, might as well share some unique things along side it.

Other half of the reasoning would be that 'ive heard from tons of friends and friends of friends that were like "oh ya, you guys followed me on instagram a while back!". Boom. Thats a success to me, most of the people that have said that end up buying from us down the road.

IG also lets me connect with my customers, and try and connect with future customers.

"If its a stupid idea and it works, its not stupid"

Edit: To add on the whole brand loyalty/target market thing, i believe that the people that do follow you back are the ones that fit into that category, maybe not all of them, but following a bunch is a good way to of course find some new loyal customers which i have done. Also i dont just follow randoms, search by #hastags for local landmarks/airports etc, and then go through friends list etc to find locals smile

Instagram is FREE, theirs no reason NOT to use it to try and obtain customers/sales.

edmflavor.com

September 11, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
wcfrontrvnners

I think we get too caught up worrying about what other brands/people are doing. Run your brand how you want to and be accountable for everything.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

September 11, 2012 @ 02:45 AM
al dente co.

@aldenteco I think you should put some pictures from the lookbook also on that page some people wont watch the video everytime

WORD....

I'M WORKING ON THAT, I'M LEARNING HOW TO CODE.

September 11, 2012 @ 02:46 AM
al dente co.

I think we get too caught up worrying about what other brands/people are doing. Run your brand how you want to and be accountable for everything.

IT'S CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

BUT I GET YOU 1000 %

I LIKE HEARING PEOPLES OPINIONS.

September 11, 2012 @ 02:49 AM
Crispy1

Anybody feelin' my New release?

http://www.facebook.com/CrispyApparel
September 11, 2012 @ 03:25 AM
Frank_

@crispyman idk if its that quality of your pictures or the design or if you did it like that... But the edges look jagged like if you didn't design it at the right size
September 11, 2012 @ 03:43 AM
mrdaleog

Respects then @JakeOcean . I hope you can understand why I was skeptical though.

On the IG topic...I personally tried and didnt like the follow a bunch of people just to gain a following. Id rather create quality items that would compel people to want to follow/check out the brand on the various social networks.

At the end of the day...it's whatever works for you!

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

September 11, 2012 @ 04:13 AM
nickeff412

We started almost a year ago. Check out our website at lrn2livenow.com .. Some questions I have are, what are the best ways to sell clothes before you are established? And does anyone know of any Philadelphia or New York manufacturers for five panel hats??
September 11, 2012 @ 04:15 AM
adriane

Anyone need a website for their dope clothes?
I design and create websites. Here is a link to my portfolio http://adrianeufracio.com/
contact me if you got questions
September 11, 2012 @ 04:34 AM
ricosway

Hello All,

Sole Individual was founded July 27, 2011 by Rico Lindsay in 2011 upon graduation from his alma mater The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. The frustration of working a corporate job he didn't desire pushed Rico to create a business out of his passion for sneakers. He would eventually begin working with Randel Abrenica which pushed the company to new heights. What started out as a small venture for the entrepreneurs quickly turned into a lifestyle. Sole Individual has reached and inspired thousands of sneakerheads to follow their dreams and take pride in their individuality.

Sole Individual is more than a clothing brand and more than a sneaker blog, we pride ourselves on promoting individuality around the world. We push boundaries to inspire our peers around us to take control of their life and let your actions define who you are. We're living testimonies that you can do anything that you put your mind to.

Our aim is provide you all with dope clothing to match your sneakers at affordable prices.

We'd love for you all to check out our clothing and follow our movement

@SoleIndividual on Twitter
@SoleIndividual on Facebook
@SoleIndividual on Instagram

Visit our website at SNDVL.com

Thank you,
Rico
September 11, 2012 @ 05:29 AM
wcfrontrvnners

Was finally able to take my own pictures of our sample beanies that just came in the mail today, will be selling these early October for 20USD

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

September 11, 2012 @ 06:28 AM
amy007

that simple LOGO , Nice shirt , great !!!smile
September 11, 2012 @ 06:32 AM
amy007

That a nice logo ,Simple but fashion ! I like it Style !!smile
September 11, 2012 @ 06:55 AM
Bulldog

Amongst working on some exciting new projects, I found time to update my personal desktop background. Something for all of the fam as well.

La Mash, forever branded.

www.justinungar.com

September 11, 2012 @ 07:10 AM
Frank_

just another reminder if anybody in this thread would like to support ... I say we have about 2 or 5 left of each shirt left
September 11, 2012 @ 10:30 AM
rawtee

I just released my Blackilluminati tee shirt, totally hand printed and hand numbered, need you to spread the word and by the way know your thoughts. It's available here http://rawtee.bigcartel.com

http://rawtee.com

September 11, 2012 @ 12:10 PM
qrct1

guys do you guys use wordpress?

hypebeast.com is wordpress right?

how do you get it to become a e-commerce site?

could you guys spare any words on developing a website?

aeterna13.com

September 11, 2012 @ 12:35 PM
boove

SS12 Collection

www.boove.dk :-)

www.boove.dk | www.facebook.com/boovedk | insta: @boovedk

September 11, 2012 @ 12:47 PM
ricosway

Was finally able to take my own pictures of our sample beanies that just came in the mail today, will be selling these early October for 20USD

Dope beanies homie
September 11, 2012 @ 12:52 PM
hypedfalcon

http://ohmanclothing.com/
September 11, 2012 @ 02:13 PM
casein_point

Hello All,

Sole Individual was founded July 27, 2011 by Rico Lindsay in 2011 upon graduation from his alma mater The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. The frustration of working a corporate job he didn't desire pushed Rico to create a business out of his passion for sneakers. He would eventually begin working with Randel Abrenica which pushed the company to new heights. What started out as a small venture for the entrepreneurs quickly turned into a lifestyle. Sole Individual has reached and inspired thousands of sneakerheads to follow their dreams and take pride in their individuality.

Sole Individual is more than a clothing brand and more than a sneaker blog, we pride ourselves on promoting individuality around the world. We push boundaries to inspire our peers around us to take control of their life and let your actions define who you are. We're living testimonies that you can do anything that you put your mind to.

Our aim is provide you all with dope clothing to match your sneakers at affordable prices.

Thank you,
Rico

Dope, love that shirt
September 11, 2012 @ 02:29 PM
aaronstrdywngs

guys do you guys use wordpress?

hypebeast.com is wordpress right?

how do you get it to become a e-commerce site?

could you guys spare any words on developing a website?

I use wordpress www.strdywngs.com.
All you need to do is install an ecommerce plugin. On your wordpress dashboard go to plugins and search for ecommerce. Woocommerce is a popular one and easy to use. Then play around with it and your theme.

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

September 11, 2012 @ 02:57 PM
ricosway

Hello All,

Thank you,
Rico

Dope, love that shirt

Thank you for the love bro.

We're going to be updating our thread http://hypebeast.com/forums/fashion-brands/forum/topic/181065/?_wpnonce=a226937b27#post-3668480 with customer pictures, updates, and promo codes.

Follow our movement

Thank you

Please login first to reply.