Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 10, 2012 @ 08:14 PM
Laurence of Arabia

@zoidanum I'm gunna DM you now bro, thanks for getting back and taking your time to write that.

There are a lot of genuine people on this thread !
September 10, 2012 @ 08:32 PM
doubledukes

delete delete delete
September 10, 2012 @ 09:12 PM
Frank_

Anybody get hit with the godaddy takedown?
September 10, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
Frank_

@aldenteco thanks I might be out in in Miami some time next year
September 10, 2012 @ 09:22 PM
stillwild

hardcore.

I thought my internet was trippin.

it was apparently one guy?!

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 10, 2012 @ 09:22 PM
stillwild

just a little heads up - we're approaching 5k fans on facebook, if we hit that goal tomorrow we're throwing down a sale.
http://www.facebook.com/thedistantlight
keep your eyes pealed!

Cheers mate!

September 10, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
messer

Haven't been able to design lately but I was wondering do any of you have degrees? Or is this just something you do in your spare time?

Also was wondering what printing you guys recommend.

Anyone willing to share any 5panel manufacturers, most likely only getting sample so I wont be taking away any business...
September 10, 2012 @ 09:38 PM
princeandprez

Haven't been able to design lately but I was wondering do any of you have degrees? Or is this just something you do in your spare time?

Anyone willing to share any 5panel manufacturers, most likely only getting sample so I wont be taking away any business...

No degree here, our brand consists of two high school sophomores.

Find us at www.princessesandpresidents.com

September 10, 2012 @ 09:41 PM
princeandprez

I've got my own little one man project going on since February called Preview Clothing. Located in Central Finland. Just released these two camp caps last weekend:

These are going to be released sometime in this week:

Here is couple progress pics too since I just got necktags for new tees:

Sorry for the picture spamming. If you dig what you see you can follow us:
www.previewclothing.com
www.facebook.com/PRVWCLOTHING
www.previewclothing.tumblr.com

Also if you have questions or need help with anything feel free to hit me up.

I was wondering what your manufacturer was for the 5 panels - they look great.

Find us at www.princessesandpresidents.com

September 10, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
minsct

I am finishing my psychology major in December. That being said, I also have a part-time job and run my brand. Its a struggle to balance, but if you really truely love what you do, you will make time for it.

In terms of printing? There are multiple options. I'm sure you already know screenprinting is the most popular and good quality.

In terms of 5 panel manufacturers, you might have a hard time with that especially if all you want is samples... The point of a sample is to verify it so that the manufacturer can continue production. Can't help you on that one.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

September 10, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
ryder

hardcore.

I thought my internet was trippin.

it was apparently one guy?!

Shit, what happens fellas? We only bought our domain through godaddy but I host my site on bluehost(highly recommended btw)

edmflavor.com

September 10, 2012 @ 09:55 PM
ryder

Went to school for design and photography but I dropped out, just not my thing hah. Been employed by my brand for over a year now, still here and havent been kicked outta my apartment lol.

Try and find a local printer, i hate dealing with shipping/customs/non physical contact.

And giving up contacts isn't so much about taking away business but more so pride in the amount of time one invests into finding these contacts.

edmflavor.com

September 10, 2012 @ 09:58 PM
boove

www.boove.dk | www.facebook.com/boovedk | insta: @boovedk

September 10, 2012 @ 10:01 PM
goolsfold

Whattup....

Check out our online shop!!!

bedlamtrade.com
September 10, 2012 @ 10:04 PM
mrdaleog

Since summer is about to end and we have a odd number of left over shirts we are having a sale so if you needed anything time to cop something now.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BRAND ON THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

September 10, 2012 @ 10:07 PM
mrdaleog

just a little heads up - we're approaching 5k fans on facebook, if we hit that goal tomorrow we're throwing down a sale.
keep your eyes pealed!

I have to say that 5k in 6 months does seem pretty skeptical, especially since I know youre able to buy facebook likes/fans. Hopefully thats not what the deal is here, and if its not...props man, because Ive been out here for two years, and recently hit 1k. AnmlHse has been out here for a while making moves and has only 2,5k...just seems skeptical man. All the best.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

September 10, 2012 @ 10:13 PM
DannyHH

Deleted
September 10, 2012 @ 10:21 PM
Broken Bank Clo

my site is still up....

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

September 10, 2012 @ 10:27 PM
aaronstrdywngs

I really wish I could produce these, factory minimums & wholesale prices vs small brands ain't the business!

Loving your brand man. Always checking out your blog and the stuff you produce is so cool. Your following the trends but putting a unique twist on them which is really refreshing to see. And the quality of your stuff is sick.

@vega_box thanks for the advice mate, appreciate it. We have only been going since february and almost releasing our second range. Its all trial and error at the moment, we find new and different sources all the time. But thats just the way it goes when your starting out. Most of the good manufacturers and wholesale retailers all seem to be in the US, its just a shame we get hit on import tax when it gets to the UK.

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

September 10, 2012 @ 10:28 PM
spacycloud

Really like this thread
September 10, 2012 @ 10:33 PM
Broken Bank Clo

keep your eyes pealed!

I have to say that 5k in 6 months does seem pretty skeptical, especially since I know youre able to buy facebook likes/fans. Hopefully thats not what the deal is here, and if its not...props man, because Ive been out here for two years, and recently hit 1k. AnmlHse has been out here for a while making moves and has only 2,5k...just seems skeptical man. All the best.

I actually just heard about that shit 3 weeks ago. I was like WTF is there really a competition to "appear" to be liked.
Supposedly you can buy twitter, instragram and Facebook followers. I always thought it was weird when I saw clothing lines on IG with like 1k followers when they only have 2 shirts on their website...
So I posted these on my IG last week

September 10, 2012 @ 10:36 PM
al dente co.

@aldenteco thanks I might be out in in Miami some time next year

info@aldenteco.com

email me me

al dente company // aldenteco.com

September 10, 2012 @ 10:39 PM
aaronstrdywngs

Little preview of whats to come for winter 2012/13.

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

September 10, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
Jake Ocean

thanks to those who gave us a like. we hit the number and our sale is up.
www.distantlight.co/products

http://www.distantlight.co

September 10, 2012 @ 11:39 PM
Jake Ocean

keep your eyes pealed!

Haha. Sort of insulting.. I would never buy any fans.
I was able to communicate and network with other brands/professionals in the industry that helped contribute to our growth. I post good content everyday that get around 50 - 400 likes with shares and comments. You could name a ton of other brands with less fans than me, it doesn't matter what other brands do, it's what I do.

http://www.distantlight.co

September 10, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
stillwild

Little preview of whats to come for winter 2012/13.

I like this!

September 11, 2012 @ 12:07 AM
hkeys

Jake's doing his thing and getting his brand out there, that's all that matters. Surprised no ones brought this up yet but how do y'all feel about brands on Insta who follow thousands of people and hope for a return in followers? I usually get followed by extremely horrible brands who follow 10's of thousands of people. I get it they want people to see it and comment and like, lead to buying, etc. I've never seen a dope brand do this. We just hit 1,000 last week which isn't much but still appreciate all of our followers we have. I'd rather try and gain the people who I know will be interested in our brand vs following everyone just to look like you have tons of followers and your brand is the next big thing. What's your guys opinion?

http://thedividedminds.com/

September 11, 2012 @ 12:08 AM
hkeys

By the way, I'm glad to see a handful of you guys building solid brands, having nice labels, sewing, doing different patterns, patches, etc. It's nice to see progression in smaller brands.

http://thedividedminds.com/

September 11, 2012 @ 12:20 AM
minsct

I'd rather try and gain the people who I know will be interested in our brand vs following everyone just to look like you have tons of followers and your brand is the next big thing. What's your guys opinion?

Absolutely agree with this. One key attribute of great brands is that they have a distinct personal connection with their customers and fans.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

September 11, 2012 @ 12:27 AM
Broken Bank Clo

I'd rather try and gain the people who I know will be interested in our brand vs following everyone just to look like you have tons of followers and your brand is the next big thing. What's your guys opinion?

Absolutely agree with this. One key attribute of great brands is that they have a distinct personal connection with their customers and fans.

Very true.

Don't get in over your head to early or you might burn out...
But not all brands follow the same game plan, so as long as you have a handle on everything that is going on who can knock you.

And to be honest I follow the brands I both like and dislike. Just to keep an eye out on what they are going wrong or what I think it wrong in my eyes so I make sure I don't do the same.

Please login first to reply.