Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
September 10, 2012 @ 09:47 AM
foreground

@Jakelights its nice seeing you coming up within this half a year of work. Keep up the good work.

Foreground ® - Rise Independently. www.foregroundofficial.com

September 10, 2012 @ 12:45 PM
aaronstrdywngs

We are releasing our winter 2013 collection very soon and it has again been very hard work. Just like our first ever summer 2012 collection we ordered blank garments such as gildan, anvil etc, sewed in our own custom tabs, and printed them using a local screen printing company.
I dont know about everyone else but the method we are using to create the garments is very time consuming, and sometimes does not produce the quality we imagined.
I wondered if everybody was using the same process as me or whether the manufacturing route is the best to go for? I have looked into bespoke manufacturing however due to our low budget and high minimums it is something that we cant really do at the moment, unless we manage to find somewhere that does low minimums?
I really like the quality of the brands from this thread such as effulgence, distant light, wcfrontrvnners to name a few. And just looking for some advice really as to whether there are any steps I can take that will help us produce higher quality stuff?
Thanks

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

September 10, 2012 @ 02:07 PM
Jake Ocean

@jakelights 5,000 is impressive, I just liked the page.
@Jakelights its nice seeing you coming up within this half a year of work. Keep up the good work.

thanks guys

http://www.distantlight.co

September 10, 2012 @ 02:09 PM
Jake Ocean

just a little heads up - we're approaching 5k fans on facebook, if we hit that goal tomorrow we're throwing down a sale.
http://www.facebook.com/thedistantlight
keep your eyes pealed!

How many likes did you get off that leg tattoo pic going viral??
Any of those convert to customers?

from the tattoo going viral (a long with a few other pictures going viral) + the same day of being on benny gold's blog, we aquired over thousands of new fans in one day.
we have had an increase in sales too

http://www.distantlight.co

September 10, 2012 @ 03:02 PM
breshco

I've got my own little one man project going on since February called Preview Clothing. Located in Central Finland. Just released these two camp caps last weekend:

These are going to be released sometime in this week:

Here is couple progress pics too since I just got necktags for new tees:

Sorry for the picture spamming. If you dig what you see you can follow us:
www.previewclothing.com
www.facebook.com/PRVWCLOTHING
www.previewclothing.tumblr.com

Also if you have questions or need help with anything feel free to hit me up.

www.previewclothing.com | facebook.com/PRVWCLOTHING | previewclothing.tumblr.com

September 10, 2012 @ 03:34 PM
mission.jako

@rare1 Thanks so much man, same to you, all your designs are on point. digging it!
@breshco Camp hats look righteous!
September 10, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
lightworks1crew

Working on some new stuff
Heres a little preview; don't mind the colors they're fucked

THE NAME OF THE GAME / www.lightworksclothing.com

September 10, 2012 @ 05:20 PM
Castle Master

Both the patch from our new collection and the patch from our original release back in January are now available.

www.secret-castle.com

http://secret-castle.com/

September 10, 2012 @ 05:26 PM
cityofsavages

@breshco that first pic is great, good thinking.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

September 10, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
al dente co.

Since summer is about to end and we have a odd number of left over shirts we are having a sale so if you needed anything time to cop something now.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BRAND ON THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

September 10, 2012 @ 05:44 PM
cityofsavages

@jakelights gotchu like ours when you get a chance too https://www.facebook.com/cityofsavages

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

September 10, 2012 @ 05:55 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I've got my own little one man project going on since February called Preview Clothing. Located in Central Finland. Just released these two camp caps last weekend:

www.previewclothing.com

I don't wear 5 Panel hats but that polar bear one is to cold. Nice work on that cool

We are releasing our winter 2013 collection very soon and it has again been very hard work. Just like our first ever summer 2012 collection we ordered blank garments such as gildan, anvil etc, sewed in our own custom tabs, and printed them using a local screen printing company.
I dont know about everyone else but the method we are using to create the garments is very time consuming, and sometimes does not produce the quality we imagined.
I wondered if everybody was using the same process as me or whether the manufacturing route is the best to go for? I have looked into bespoke manufacturing however due to our low budget and high minimums it is something that we cant really do at the moment, unless we manage to find somewhere that does low minimums?
I really like the quality of the brands from this thread such as effulgence, distant light, wcfrontrvnners to name a few. And just looking for some advice really as to whether there are any steps I can take that will help us produce higher quality stuff?
Thanks

My first suggestion and this is only a suggestion but I would say stick with one brand of blank clothing. For a numerious of reasons.
And Bespoke...
Unless you are doing this in house, custom stuff for a small fan base is not a good idea. You are looking at a huge headache for something like that. Try to find a place that has a lower min for prints and doesn't mind working with a small brand. Build a relationship with them so they know you plan on coming back and they'll treat you good. Any good printer doesn't printer doesn't mind a 24 pc order if they know they are going to have a repeat customer because in the end it helps you sell more which recycles back to them having you print more shirts.
If you can find a local printer meet face to face with them, talk and let them know what you are doing.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

September 10, 2012 @ 07:58 PM
zoidanum

Also, does ANYONE know how to get Alstyle T-Shirts (specifically 1301 I think the model is).

Over here in London, its seeming impossible.... does anybody know an equivalent ?

Its seriously so shit over here for finding blanks, I know a lot of people recommending blanks like 'fruit of the loom' but id rather not produce anything than use their products as it literally falls apart on purchase.

I was lucky enough to use Hanes Beefy Tees up until now which was pretty good quality, however, they have started to heat-press the items now, so I cannot relabel sad ! Any help is appreciated..

It's almost impossible to get your hands on Alstyle in europe. I'd recommend staying with the Hanes Beefy ones. Just try to find some wholesellers that still have stocked up on the old ones, just call them and ask if they are the ones without the iron on labels they are usually really helpful. Also I've read somewhere that you can remove the labels after heating them with your iron and peeling them off. I don't know which quantities you are producing but I can imagine that its a shitload of work to get rid of the tags this way. If all else fails try to find another producer or model you might like just order some samples and compare them but keep your hands of Fruit of the loom you already got that on point with your description.
September 10, 2012 @ 08:14 PM
Laurence of Arabia

@zoidanum I'm gunna DM you now bro, thanks for getting back and taking your time to write that.

There are a lot of genuine people on this thread !
September 10, 2012 @ 08:32 PM
TheWaxVillain

delete delete delete
September 10, 2012 @ 09:12 PM
Frank_

Anybody get hit with the godaddy takedown?
September 10, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
Frank_

@aldenteco thanks I might be out in in Miami some time next year
September 10, 2012 @ 09:22 PM
stillwild

hardcore.

I thought my internet was trippin.

it was apparently one guy?!

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 10, 2012 @ 09:22 PM
stillwild

just a little heads up - we're approaching 5k fans on facebook, if we hit that goal tomorrow we're throwing down a sale.
keep your eyes pealed!

Cheers mate!

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 10, 2012 @ 09:25 PM
messer

Haven't been able to design lately but I was wondering do any of you have degrees? Or is this just something you do in your spare time?

Also was wondering what printing you guys recommend.

Anyone willing to share any 5panel manufacturers, most likely only getting sample so I wont be taking away any business...
September 10, 2012 @ 09:38 PM
princeandprez

Haven't been able to design lately but I was wondering do any of you have degrees? Or is this just something you do in your spare time?

Anyone willing to share any 5panel manufacturers, most likely only getting sample so I wont be taking away any business...

No degree here, our brand consists of two high school sophomores.

Find us at www.princessesandpresidents.com

September 10, 2012 @ 09:41 PM
princeandprez

www.previewclothing.com

I was wondering what your manufacturer was for the 5 panels - they look great.

Find us at www.princessesandpresidents.com

September 10, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
minsct

I am finishing my psychology major in December. That being said, I also have a part-time job and run my brand. Its a struggle to balance, but if you really truely love what you do, you will make time for it.

In terms of printing? There are multiple options. I'm sure you already know screenprinting is the most popular and good quality.

In terms of 5 panel manufacturers, you might have a hard time with that especially if all you want is samples... The point of a sample is to verify it so that the manufacturer can continue production. Can't help you on that one.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

September 10, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
ryder

hardcore.

I thought my internet was trippin.

it was apparently one guy?!

Shit, what happens fellas? We only bought our domain through godaddy but I host my site on bluehost(highly recommended btw)

edmflavor.com

September 10, 2012 @ 09:55 PM
ryder

Went to school for design and photography but I dropped out, just not my thing hah. Been employed by my brand for over a year now, still here and havent been kicked outta my apartment lol.

Try and find a local printer, i hate dealing with shipping/customs/non physical contact.

And giving up contacts isn't so much about taking away business but more so pride in the amount of time one invests into finding these contacts.

edmflavor.com

September 10, 2012 @ 09:58 PM
boove

www.boove.dk | www.facebook.com/boovedk | insta: @boovedk

September 10, 2012 @ 10:01 PM
goolsfold

Whattup....

Check out our online shop!!!

bedlamtrade.com
September 10, 2012 @ 10:04 PM
mrdaleog

Since summer is about to end and we have a odd number of left over shirts we are having a sale so if you needed anything time to cop something now.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BRAND ON THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW.

URBN. by Live Love URBAN || Do what you love, love what you do || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

September 10, 2012 @ 10:07 PM
mrdaleog

keep your eyes pealed!

I have to say that 5k in 6 months does seem pretty skeptical, especially since I know youre able to buy facebook likes/fans. Hopefully thats not what the deal is here, and if its not...props man, because Ive been out here for two years, and recently hit 1k. AnmlHse has been out here for a while making moves and has only 2,5k...just seems skeptical man. All the best.

URBN. by Live Love URBAN || Do what you love, love what you do || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

September 10, 2012 @ 10:13 PM
HighlyHonored

Deleted

IG: HighlyHonored - Highlyhonored.com

Please login first to reply.