Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 9, 2012 @ 09:17 PM
stillwild

Re-introducing us.
Gonna echo Jake a little.
Really dig this thread.
Love seeing some of these designs (brands) reach production.
Reminds me of where I have to go.

I can finally reveal the name of my new brand -- following our rebranding, what was Twenty Eight Grams (gramsongrams) is now Still Wild.

You can see a sneak peak of a bit of our branding in our new avatar.

Stay tuned for more as we continue moving towards our official release!

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

September 9, 2012 @ 09:52 PM
minsct

Launched our hand-sewn heritage pack last night. All garments are hand-sewn in-house. Some colors already sold out. Don't sleep on these!

www.minsct.com

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

September 9, 2012 @ 10:21 PM
huynh

I just wanna say big ups to everyone in this thread. There are so many ideas and designs in here, creative minds, it's a spawning pool for success.

It's dope that there is a small community here on HB and absolutely ALL my respect to those who are actually doing what they want to do! Good job to everyone, keep grinding. There is nothing more satisfying than having your own creation and seeing it grow every day. I know how tough it is to keep up and stay motivated and inspired.

I myself have been maintaining an online store and blog. We're a small online retailer of raw denim, leather goods and backpacks. Not here to promote our store just yet, just want to provide a small backdrop. We've been active for just over a year and a half and our team has decided that we want to do our own thing. "How To Make It In America" style cool

Has anyone ever made a pair of pants or jeans before? I'd really appreciate hearing your experience!

@octopusfetish personally, I'm not a fan of the graphics but it looks like you got a good thing going on! Never bad to collab either, good work
@pirasy Love your designs, I can see it coming into fruition. Keep working!!
@effustephen cool
@minsct Awesome work on the Heritage line, aesthetic is simple and well-executed
September 9, 2012 @ 10:27 PM
lightworks1crew

↑↑ Likewise

THE NAME OF THE GAME / www.lightworksclothing.com

September 9, 2012 @ 10:34 PM
Frank_

Sale is going good so far www.shop.theundg.net all are ts are 10 for end of summer.....

anybody got some tips on how to connect out with others......i hate the follow a lot of people it doesn't seem organic
September 9, 2012 @ 10:37 PM
stillwild

There is nothing more satisfying than having your own creation and seeing it grow every day. I know how tough it is to keep up and stay motivated and inspired.

Couldn't agree more with this bit. The literal best and worst about having a brand.
Also (for the one-man ops out there, tell me if you agree) -- it's hard to have perspective outside your brand sometimes.
i.e. - as the consumer, completely subjective.

September 9, 2012 @ 10:55 PM
Laurence of Arabia

@givenchy Thanks for the positivity ! The way I see it, for me, its all about the people and putting them first. I created Pira$y not just for myself or as a creative outlet, but for people to truly enjoy and know what I am about.

I got a lot of work to do, so to hear positive feedback is appreciated and encouraging as I feel now that Im heading the right direction ! All the best to you and everyone else here, I hope you achieve your goals ! Stay in touch !
September 9, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
Laurence of Arabia

Also, does ANYONE know how to get Alstyle T-Shirts (specifically 1301 I think the model is).

Over here in London, its seeming impossible.... does anybody know an equivalent ?

Its seriously so shit over here for finding blanks, I know a lot of people recommending blanks like 'fruit of the loom' but id rather not produce anything than use their products as it literally falls apart on purchase.

I was lucky enough to use Hanes Beefy Tees up until now which was pretty good quality, however, they have started to heat-press the items now, so I cannot relabel sad ! Any help is appreciated..
September 9, 2012 @ 11:48 PM
be2012xxx

Any brands from San francisco?Messege me to discuss about manufacturing.
September 10, 2012 @ 12:09 AM
lightworks1crew

@pirasy Yea man it sucks that Hanes have tag-less tees now, thats what I used

September 10, 2012 @ 12:17 AM
Laurence of Arabia

@lightworks1crew I think they were the better options compared to all other brands available where I am
September 10, 2012 @ 12:43 AM
stillwild

Re-introducing us.
Gonna echo Jake a little.
Really dig this thread.
Love seeing some of these designs (brands) reach production.
Reminds me of where I have to go.

I can finally reveal the name of my new brand -- following our rebranding, what was Twenty Eight Grams (gramsongrams) is now Still Wild.

You can see a sneak peak of a bit of our branding in our new avatar.

Stay tuned for more as we continue moving towards our official release!

Just once for the new page. Let people see the words.

September 10, 2012 @ 05:29 AM
Recruits Clothing

What are some key people you will need when starting out a brand? I know you have the Creative Director, and Graphic Designer to begin with. What are some other key bodies will you need?
September 10, 2012 @ 06:00 AM
rare01

@mission.jako --- Love the aesthetics. Props to you and keep up the amazing work !!!
@aldenteco --- Like your take of Richard Prince's "Skull Bunny". Almost felt like you should concentrate a lot more on that

Our Tony Montana motif

R-1 AO 1 20
49° 15′N 123° 6W
FMC – 18201006
AD INFINITUM
ONE OF A KIND. RARE1

WWW.RARE1.CA
Facebook
instagram @rare1
September 10, 2012 @ 06:35 AM
Jake Ocean

just a little heads up - we're approaching 5k fans on facebook, if we hit that goal tomorrow we're throwing down a sale.
http://www.facebook.com/thedistantlight
keep your eyes pealed!

http://www.distantlight.co

September 10, 2012 @ 07:25 AM
ryder

just a little heads up - we're approaching 5k fans on facebook, if we hit that goal tomorrow we're throwing down a sale.
keep your eyes pealed!

How many likes did you get off that leg tattoo pic going viral??
Any of those convert to customers?

edmflavor.com

September 10, 2012 @ 07:35 AM
wcfrontrvnners

@jakelights 5,000 is impressive, I just liked the page.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

September 10, 2012 @ 09:47 AM
foreground

@Jakelights its nice seeing you coming up within this half a year of work. Keep up the good work.

Foreground ® - Rise Independently. www.foregroundofficial.com

September 10, 2012 @ 12:45 PM
aaronstrdywngs

We are releasing our winter 2013 collection very soon and it has again been very hard work. Just like our first ever summer 2012 collection we ordered blank garments such as gildan, anvil etc, sewed in our own custom tabs, and printed them using a local screen printing company.
I dont know about everyone else but the method we are using to create the garments is very time consuming, and sometimes does not produce the quality we imagined.
I wondered if everybody was using the same process as me or whether the manufacturing route is the best to go for? I have looked into bespoke manufacturing however due to our low budget and high minimums it is something that we cant really do at the moment, unless we manage to find somewhere that does low minimums?
I really like the quality of the brands from this thread such as effulgence, distant light, wcfrontrvnners to name a few. And just looking for some advice really as to whether there are any steps I can take that will help us produce higher quality stuff?
Thanks

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

September 10, 2012 @ 02:07 PM
Jake Ocean

@jakelights 5,000 is impressive, I just liked the page.
@Jakelights its nice seeing you coming up within this half a year of work. Keep up the good work.

thanks guys

September 10, 2012 @ 02:09 PM
Jake Ocean

keep your eyes pealed!

How many likes did you get off that leg tattoo pic going viral??
Any of those convert to customers?

from the tattoo going viral (a long with a few other pictures going viral) + the same day of being on benny gold's blog, we aquired over thousands of new fans in one day.
we have had an increase in sales too

September 10, 2012 @ 03:02 PM
breshco

I've got my own little one man project going on since February called Preview Clothing. Located in Central Finland. Just released these two camp caps last weekend:

These are going to be released sometime in this week:

Here is couple progress pics too since I just got necktags for new tees:

Sorry for the picture spamming. If you dig what you see you can follow us:
www.previewclothing.com
www.facebook.com/PRVWCLOTHING
www.previewclothing.tumblr.com

Also if you have questions or need help with anything feel free to hit me up.

www.previewclothing.com | facebook.com/PRVWCLOTHING | previewclothing.tumblr.com | instagram: @previewclothing

September 10, 2012 @ 03:34 PM
mission.jako

@rare1 Thanks so much man, same to you, all your designs are on point. digging it!
@breshco Camp hats look righteous!
September 10, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
lightworks1crew

Working on some new stuff
Heres a little preview; don't mind the colors they're fucked

September 10, 2012 @ 05:20 PM
Castle Master

Both the patch from our new collection and the patch from our original release back in January are now available.

www.secret-castle.com

http://secret-castle.com/

September 10, 2012 @ 05:26 PM
cityofsavages

@breshco that first pic is great, good thinking.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

September 10, 2012 @ 05:37 PM
al dente co.

Since summer is about to end and we have a odd number of left over shirts we are having a sale so if you needed anything time to cop something now.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BRAND ON THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW.

al dente company // aldenteco.com

September 10, 2012 @ 05:44 PM
cityofsavages

@jakelights gotchu like ours when you get a chance too https://www.facebook.com/cityofsavages

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

September 10, 2012 @ 05:55 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I've got my own little one man project going on since February called Preview Clothing. Located in Central Finland. Just released these two camp caps last weekend:

These are going to be released sometime in this week:

Here is couple progress pics too since I just got necktags for new tees:

Sorry for the picture spamming. If you dig what you see you can follow us:
www.previewclothing.com
www.facebook.com/PRVWCLOTHING
www.previewclothing.tumblr.com

Also if you have questions or need help with anything feel free to hit me up.

I don't wear 5 Panel hats but that polar bear one is to cold. Nice work on that cool

We are releasing our winter 2013 collection very soon and it has again been very hard work. Just like our first ever summer 2012 collection we ordered blank garments such as gildan, anvil etc, sewed in our own custom tabs, and printed them using a local screen printing company.
I dont know about everyone else but the method we are using to create the garments is very time consuming, and sometimes does not produce the quality we imagined.
I wondered if everybody was using the same process as me or whether the manufacturing route is the best to go for? I have looked into bespoke manufacturing however due to our low budget and high minimums it is something that we cant really do at the moment, unless we manage to find somewhere that does low minimums?
I really like the quality of the brands from this thread such as effulgence, distant light, wcfrontrvnners to name a few. And just looking for some advice really as to whether there are any steps I can take that will help us produce higher quality stuff?
Thanks

My first suggestion and this is only a suggestion but I would say stick with one brand of blank clothing. For a numerious of reasons.
And Bespoke...
Unless you are doing this in house, custom stuff for a small fan base is not a good idea. You are looking at a huge headache for something like that. Try to find a place that has a lower min for prints and doesn't mind working with a small brand. Build a relationship with them so they know you plan on coming back and they'll treat you good. Any good printer doesn't printer doesn't mind a 24 pc order if they know they are going to have a repeat customer because in the end it helps you sell more which recycles back to them having you print more shirts.
If you can find a local printer meet face to face with them, talk and let them know what you are doing.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

September 10, 2012 @ 07:58 PM
zoidanum

Also, does ANYONE know how to get Alstyle T-Shirts (specifically 1301 I think the model is).

Over here in London, its seeming impossible.... does anybody know an equivalent ?

Its seriously so shit over here for finding blanks, I know a lot of people recommending blanks like 'fruit of the loom' but id rather not produce anything than use their products as it literally falls apart on purchase.

I was lucky enough to use Hanes Beefy Tees up until now which was pretty good quality, however, they have started to heat-press the items now, so I cannot relabel sad ! Any help is appreciated..

It's almost impossible to get your hands on Alstyle in europe. I'd recommend staying with the Hanes Beefy ones. Just try to find some wholesellers that still have stocked up on the old ones, just call them and ask if they are the ones without the iron on labels they are usually really helpful. Also I've read somewhere that you can remove the labels after heating them with your iron and peeling them off. I don't know which quantities you are producing but I can imagine that its a shitload of work to get rid of the tags this way. If all else fails try to find another producer or model you might like just order some samples and compare them but keep your hands of Fruit of the loom you already got that on point with your description.

Please login first to reply.