Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 7, 2012 @ 08:49 PM
karakter1

people have a jaded false perspective about street-wear, perpetuated by the misconception that BRANDS CARE ABOUT YOU! sure they care about the paying customer as a whole.....but they don't care that YOU have been rocking supreme for 5 years and some other kid just bought his first tee yesterday.

they don't care that you researched the designer, and took the time to read the b.s. mission statement on the blog, and some other kid just walked in the store an bought a tee because it looks good.

they don't care that YOU only buy from the flagship store and other consumers buy it from karmaloop and Zumies.

there is no survey required in order to buy your fave brand. you don't have to know the history of the brand. you don't have to be part of the lifestyle. you don't have to know where the exclusive cool stores are...............

all you need is money.....other than that, the brands don't care.

If you are willing to digest that, and stop being a fan/customer, you can begin to see the truth and have a successful brand and biz.
August 7, 2012 @ 09:48 PM
chads

There is some really interesting stuff to think about here

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 7, 2012 @ 10:41 PM
DannyHH

What do you guys do for tags for hoodies/crewnecks? I was thinking woven or heat transfer.. I just noticed UVT uses some sort of heat or screen print.
August 7, 2012 @ 10:47 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Never done them on my crewneck but I think the only option is laser print heat transfer or woven tags just because of the style material in the inside of a crew silk screen won't come out right.
Hanes uses a heat transfer as well as other.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

August 7, 2012 @ 11:08 PM
DREAM AMOK

For anyone that was considering Agenda or any trade show, I wrote my experience on my blog. Hopefully this can be useful knowledge for some. You can also ask me any questions as well!
effulgence blog effulgence blog effulgence blog effulgence blog effulgence blog effulgence blog

I appreciate the blog post, Stephen, it really brought some light to Agenda that I haven't ever heard about. I'm curious, what other brands were in the Primer section with you (slash brands worth noting)?
August 8, 2012 @ 12:21 AM
chads

For those that were wondering about nylon coaches jackets, https://www.shirtsinbulk.com/product/Wholesale-Harriton-M775-Staff-Jacket_43_381 is a good source for them.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 8, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
mrdaleog

I've had this for a while since it was supposed to be my first summer release, but I decided to fall back a bit and change some of it up and release for fall.

Thoughts on what's here so far? I got a couple stores willing to sell some in their shops, but I want to have it as crisp as possible before I send them some.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

August 8, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
karakter1

looks clean URBN.

if you have a few stores looking to pick it up, you should go for it.
August 8, 2012 @ 02:03 AM
mrdaleog

looks clean URBN.

if you have a few stores looking to pick it up, you should go for it.

Thanks man.
I definitely plan to, just want to put out my best yano?

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

August 8, 2012 @ 02:42 AM
DannyHH

Something simple we have for next drop, Thoughts?
August 8, 2012 @ 03:14 AM
mrdaleog

Feeling that jersey tee.

August 8, 2012 @ 05:34 AM
hkeys

What do you guys do for tags for hoodies/crewnecks? I was thinking woven or heat transfer.. I just noticed UVT uses some sort of heat or screen print.

I think it depends on what you've used before. If you normally use wovens then go with that. Personally like those better than screen printed tags, that's just me. Wovens on crewnecks are easy but hoodies can be tricky. Unless you have some some flat tags that aren't folded or a big enough machine so the hood doesn't get in the way.

http://thedividedminds.com/

August 8, 2012 @ 10:44 AM
ryder

I get my woven tags(arm tags and bottom labels) done in China and then sew them on myself. Im a crafty one lol

edmflavor.com

August 8, 2012 @ 03:02 PM
cityofsavages

Feeling that jersey tee.

yeah that one looks good, the rest are cool as well.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

August 8, 2012 @ 03:29 PM

Inactive

I haven't started yet. but I'm funded about 5k. Is that a good start?
What are the essentials for designs? such as the logos, shirt designs, etc.
I have my own website down.

also, what sounds better. 'addition' or 'American Native'

Vashtie is the most beautiful woman alive

August 8, 2012 @ 03:37 PM
stillwild

American Native. 5k is good capital to have. I say, source A LOT of illustrators. find a good six. narrow it down. A good logo is important. But first, before all that, for the love of god, get a concept together.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

August 8, 2012 @ 03:48 PM
cityofsavages

@alhajisheriff as far as logos go, something simple but bold.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

August 8, 2012 @ 04:20 PM
Hellah Fresh

For anyone that was considering Agenda or any trade show, I wrote my experience on my blog. Hopefully this can be useful knowledge for some. You can also ask me any questions as well!
effulgence blog effulgence blog effulgence blog effulgence blog effulgence blog effulgence blog

Yooo! Good read man and that is allot of good information for other people who are seeking out to start a brand. But what you said is true. Its all about the money now and days and on top of that you are selling your designs. I read up on a few things about successful clothing business and they say its the design that people are drawn to your brand and not so much of what the brand stands for now days. But keep grinding tho!
August 8, 2012 @ 05:56 PM
flauwekul

@flauwekul

flauwekul. is that a dutch word?

Yes it's a corny(don't know if corny is the word im searching for XD) dutch word for bullsh*t, I've been trying out alot of brand concepts and names. Till I came to the conclusion that I don't like to think in one concept or something to think in concepts so sometimes I just want to make bullsh*t that looks dope! :D

www.flauwekul.in - www.koenroetman.nl

August 8, 2012 @ 09:40 PM
Frank_

@alhajisheriff 5k is ALOT OF MONEY over a 3 month spam I hussled around 600 bucks to get everything started for me.. Shop.theundg.net ... That goes for stickers pins..shirts..printing...website urls...now I know I I ha 5k I would e able to make a lot happen.... So just spend it wisely ..:don't try to spend 5k I'm 1 season ...

Depending on when you start factors in how muh money you will spend... I say best time to start is summer... Because all you need is shirts... Winter is A bit more since hoodies and jackets....

Also this is for everybody dont depend on the basics and think realistically .... Don't think you unknown brand will be able to push 200 shirts of 1 design for 30bucks .... Diamond started selling ts for like 10-15 bucks back in the day
August 8, 2012 @ 09:43 PM
Frank_

@craftysince90 good but needs more color.... Since its about to be fall winter add those Coles not just black and grey... Add some hunter green maybe some navy blue and cardinal red
August 8, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
Frank_

@mrdaleog I would say save those ts for summer next year since the colors you picked .. And say the jersey for spring and save the 5 panal for sprig and then drop everything else in the fall/winter
August 8, 2012 @ 11:16 PM
Angry Chair

all you kats that watch MMA add my page. just trying to network more. i'll return the favor.

PACIFIST FIGHT WEAR

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifist-Fight- Wear/198022430260055

August 8, 2012 @ 11:19 PM
Black Dave

I've had this for a while since it was supposed to be my first summer release, but I decided to fall back a bit and change some of it up and release for fall.

Thoughts on what's here so far? I got a couple stores willing to sell some in their shops, but I want to have it as crisp as possible before I send them some.

Your branding is super solid but it's mad boring looking.
August 8, 2012 @ 11:22 PM
Angry Chair

For those that were wondering about nylon coaches jackets, https://www.shirtsinbulk.com/product/Wholesale-Harriton-M775-Staff-Jacket_43_381 is a good source for them.

thnx

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifist-Fight- Wear/198022430260055

August 9, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
royaledivine

Something simple we have for next drop, Thoughts?

VERY clean.
August 9, 2012 @ 12:44 AM
wcfrontrvnners

New brand out of Hayward,Ca . Preparing to release our first Fall line.

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

August 9, 2012 @ 12:45 AM
wcfrontrvnners

Were you funded through a bank? PM me

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

August 9, 2012 @ 12:56 AM
minsct

The things I would do with 5k. Try starting a brand with $500.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

August 9, 2012 @ 12:58 AM
karakter1

New brand out of Hayward,Ca . Preparing to release our first Fall line.

what made you decide to go with the "V" instead of the "U" for the word runners? ......

Front Runners looks pretty clean with the "U".

Please login first to reply.