Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
August 4, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
stillwild

@vega:

basically it seems like my printer was shit. it was one color and it ended up pixelated. properly formatted.

If you can find shitty silkscreeners you'll also find shitty DTG printers. Some people just do it because everyone else is and think they can make a quick buck.

Yeah. But I think getting a dope supply chain in place is hella key, so I'm taking my time with it.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

August 4, 2012 @ 01:31 AM
chads

Looking for some advice on screen printing and digital printing. Does anybody favour one over the other? We currently screen print all of out garments but have seen quite a lot of designs lately that have a higher quality finish to them.

If anybody has any feedback that would be great in terms of which is more cost effective etc.
Thanks

DTG, cheap. I've always used it for samples -- can be quality, especially in black and white. in my experience, since it prints based on the same principles as a computer. If the image is multi-colored, it can look pixelated under scrutiny.

Screenprinting, more expensive generally. BUT I always look to screenprinting for production pieces, the look and feel are classic. But DTG > Screenprinting, in terms of lasting of quality if either diminishes, DTG will stand up much, much better to time.

Cheers.

Yes and No
More then 4 colors use DTG baised on cost if you are doing small numbers. Most companies won't even give you a second look if you are doing 24-48 pieces with a 5 color press cause it isn't cost effective for them.
Screen printing is fairly cheap if you do the dirty work for them. Have everything preped in ESP formate colored seperated and all they have to do is burn the screens. They will love you.
DTG can print vector formated pictures so that will delete the pixelated look. And vector format will also help woth the color format on the inkjet to make it more vibrant as well.
When you say "higher qaulity" what are we talking. In regards to colors or detail.
You can achieve just about anything with DTG o the limits are based on the printer they use. No DTG printer is created the same.
But in respect to silkscreening you can also do the same, it will just require more techinical steps as far as color seperation. I have seen stuff that when I looked at automatically thought it was DTG because it was so detailed but found later it wa silk screen.

Do either of you guys know of any places that do DTG printing at no minimum for fairly cheap? If so, would you be willing to share.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 4, 2012 @ 02:00 AM
stillwild

Looking for some advice on screen printing and digital printing. Does anybody favour one over the other? We currently screen print all of out garments but have seen quite a lot of designs lately that have a higher quality finish to them.

If anybody has any feedback that would be great in terms of which is more cost effective etc.
Thanks

DTG, cheap. I've always used it for samples -- can be quality, especially in black and white. in my experience, since it prints based on the same principles as a computer. If the image is multi-colored, it can look pixelated under scrutiny.

Screenprinting, more expensive generally. BUT I always look to screenprinting for production pieces, the look and feel are classic. But DTG > Screenprinting, in terms of lasting of quality if either diminishes, DTG will stand up much, much better to time.

Cheers.

Yes and No
More then 4 colors use DTG baised on cost if you are doing small numbers. Most companies won't even give you a second look if you are doing 24-48 pieces with a 5 color press cause it isn't cost effective for them.
Screen printing is fairly cheap if you do the dirty work for them. Have everything preped in ESP formate colored seperated and all they have to do is burn the screens. They will love you.
DTG can print vector formated pictures so that will delete the pixelated look. And vector format will also help woth the color format on the inkjet to make it more vibrant as well.
When you say "higher qaulity" what are we talking. In regards to colors or detail.
You can achieve just about anything with DTG o the limits are based on the printer they use. No DTG printer is created the same.
But in respect to silkscreening you can also do the same, it will just require more techinical steps as far as color seperation. I have seen stuff that when I looked at automatically thought it was DTG because it was so detailed but found later it wa silk screen.

Do either of you guys know of any places that do DTG printing at no minimum for fairly cheap? If so, would you be willing to share.

where are you based out of?

August 4, 2012 @ 02:42 AM
chads

Thanks

Cheers.

Yes and No

Vermont, but I'm assuming I will have to work with someone out of state to get a decent price. As long as I can find a place in the US that is fairly reasonable and can ship, I would love that.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 4, 2012 @ 02:43 AM
mrdaleog

Thinking about doing a Friends and Family tee for my line since its coming around to its 2 year anniversary.
A quick mock up; thoughts?

*note: this wont be the final colorway

URBN. by Live Love URBAN || Do what you love, love what you do || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

August 4, 2012 @ 03:04 AM
chads

Thinking about doing a Friends and Family tee for my line since its coming around to its 2 year anniversary.

In my opinion, writing 'friends and family' on it is super corny. I would suggest just making it some sort of a logo tee in an exclusive colorway. Simplicity is key.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 4, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
Broken Bank Clo

Thanks

Cheers.

Yes and No

Vermont, but I'm assuming I will have to work with someone out of state to get a decent price. As long as I can find a place in the US that is fairly reasonable and can ship, I would love that.

What do you consider fairly cheap. You can PM me if you want/

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

August 4, 2012 @ 03:36 AM
mrdaleog

In my opinion, writing 'friends and family' on it is super corny. I would suggest just making it some sort of a logo tee in an exclusive colorway. Simplicity is key.

I feel you. Much appreciated man.

URBN. by Live Love URBAN || Do what you love, love what you do || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

August 4, 2012 @ 04:35 AM
AndyRocksBluu

There's not much to comment on. I think it looks way to plain in my opinion. I feel like a anniversary tee should celebrate your brand.

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

August 4, 2012 @ 05:25 AM
AmericanLegend

There's not much to comment on. I think it looks way to plain in my opinion. I feel like a anniversary tee should celebrate your brand.

Needs an American flag somewhere

taste the glamour

August 4, 2012 @ 01:32 PM
FRWRD

Good stuff in here. Not too sure on the Morton salt tee shirt since I've seen that alot but it's a cool graphic. Underdogs is definately a brand to watch..

As for myself, Launched my website/lookbook a couple of days ago, everything designed myself, printed myself, .. Hope it'll all work out as I want to do crazier stuff than just tee's but you have to start somewhere.

www.LOSTINTHEWORLD.org

Don't be hesitant to follow on Twitter & like on Facebook to keep yourself updated.
August 4, 2012 @ 08:27 PM
mrdaleog

I was going for a simplistic look, but if you feel like its TOO simple then thats not good. I was combining my most successful logo/design with my newest one as an anniversary tee and a start to s new side of the brand.

Thanks for the feedback man.

August 4, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
mrdaleog

You know...that actually sounds dope! Good looks on the insight!

August 4, 2012 @ 08:58 PM
AmericanLegend

You know...that actually sounds dope! Good looks on the insight!

Cool! can't wait to see what you come up with

taste the glamour

August 4, 2012 @ 10:13 PM
flauwekul

First of all, heres a sample of a cut & sew cap, which is probably going to be my first release.
Gonna be a snapback though, cause then you dont have to worry about sizes.

and i made some new designs:

sorry for the long post btw

Please go like our facebook page if you like us, here ! and follow us on twitter, @flwkl
home-flauwekul.tumblr.com/
August 4, 2012 @ 11:23 PM
HarborCo

^^^ dope shit bruh

http://harbor.storenvy.com/

August 4, 2012 @ 11:24 PM
AmericanLegend

@flauwekul I would recommend integrating American flags

taste the glamour

August 5, 2012 @ 12:44 AM
Angry Chair

simple design

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifist-Fight- Wear/198022430260055

August 5, 2012 @ 12:46 AM
Angry Chair

First of all, heres a sample of a cut & sew cap, which is probably going to be my first release.
Gonna be a snapback though, cause then you dont have to worry about sizes.

and i made some new designs:

sorry for the long post btw

Please go like our facebook page if you like us, here ! and follow us on twitter, @flwkl
home-flauwekul.tumblr.com/

dope line up

August 5, 2012 @ 12:57 AM
Angry Chair

basic logo hoodie mockup

August 5, 2012 @ 01:07 AM
HarborCo

basic logo hoodie mockup

Black on black?

You sure, dude?

http://harbor.storenvy.com/

August 5, 2012 @ 07:11 AM
yungsteveyfranchise

2nd summer dropped worked a while what do you think weareboysleague.com

August 5, 2012 @ 09:04 AM
stillwild

I think, no more tribal patterns. no more pocket tees. dear GOD. Does no one have a goddamn creative bone in their body? YES. the market surely fuckin dictates trends, and YES you would be fucking fool-hardy to completely tune them out. CALL ME A GODDAMN MORON. I would much rather release a collection with zero mass appeal. ZERO. It's simply not refreshing. Half of you probably worship Hall of Fame or Black Scale. Why? THEY TOOK THE TRENDS AND DID IT THEIR OWN WAY. FEARLESSLY. To quote Black Scale, "FUCK SWAG". BE ORIGINAL.

August 5, 2012 @ 09:07 AM
stillwild

@flauwekul

flauwekul. is that a dutch word?

August 5, 2012 @ 10:12 AM
FRWRD

Good stuff in here. Not too sure on the Morton salt tee shirt since I've seen that alot but it's a cool graphic. Underdogs is definately a brand to watch..

As for myself, Launched my website/lookbook a couple of days ago, everything designed myself, printed myself, .. Hope it'll all work out as I want to do crazier stuff than just tee's but you have to start somewhere.

www.LOSTINTHEWORLD.org

Quoted because lost at the end of the page!
Don't be hesitant to follow on Twitter & like on Facebook to keep yourself updated.
August 5, 2012 @ 04:07 PM
neliuss

@flauwekul

flauwekul. is that a dutch word?

Haha yeah it is, it's dutch for nonsense.
Not really a word I would choose to name my company, but that's just me.
August 5, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
tbtapparel

TruthbTold Apparel
99.9% of people in the world have lied at least once. This unique brand created by CEO, Justin Dade in Maryland aims to deliver you the truth 101% of the time without holding any punches.
Each product by this brand has a distinct meaning behind it which allows the individual to wear something that is stylish, but as well with purpose. Let TruthBTold.
Grand Opening Sale Shirts As Low As $13
Shop: Link
Facebook: Link

August 5, 2012 @ 10:12 PM
Angry Chair

basic logo hoodie mockup

Black on black?

You sure, dude?

well charcoal on black but yeah...

what's wrong with black on black ?

August 5, 2012 @ 10:58 PM
hatluv18

nice
August 5, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
Jake Ocean

basic logo hoodie mockup

Black on black?

You sure, dude?

well charcoal on black but yeah...

what's wrong with black on black ?

monochromatic colors are cool. i did grey on grey, make sure the ink stands out though - it looks great

http://www.distantlight.co

Please login first to reply.