300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
August 3, 2012 @ 07:15 AM
Broken Bank Clo

Hey I started my brand about 5-6 months ago and was hoping for some feedback. I try my best to have some kind of concept behind everything I make. I have other designs printed but Im just going to put up my favorite guy and girl shirt I have right now.

I also designed the website myself which can be found at Link and you can see my other designs. Thanks for any input.
Facebook-Link

Very Crisp clean designs sir.
Website is very clean as well. Well put together.
Question for you though: Is your store hosted by bigcartel along with your home page or is your home page hosted by another 3rd party then it redirects you to bigcartel for shopping.
Only reason I ask is because I noticed that bigcartel in the web address and I think it would look better/more professional minus it. It would give it more of a "independent" feel if you know what I mean.
I may have to contact you for some design assistance as well. smile

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

August 3, 2012 @ 07:20 AM
cityofsavages

@meankids also you should make a sub domain for your online store, something like "shop.meankids.com" it looks better than the ".bigcartel.com"

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

August 3, 2012 @ 07:27 AM
AmericanLegend

Or you can just make your own website guys c'mon this is go big or go home, Go at it 100%!
take risks
you'll get places by taking risks, don't play it too safe

taste the glamour

August 3, 2012 @ 08:32 AM
commonlyused

@intense no they are just some kids around the age of 16-17 who run a clothing brand and now successful or just at their peak with their brands. very dope

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.commonlyusedlife.com

August 3, 2012 @ 10:28 AM
Frank_

some shots of are pins and stickers.

also first tome using a dslr.
August 3, 2012 @ 03:26 PM
Brave

swefn [swe-ven] was founded by Big Paul and Small Paul on July 1, 2012. We sat together on a dining table and opened with a prayer to start a brand. The name we received was swefn, meaning dream and/or vision from old archaic English.

SALT TEE

We see around us that there are many brands that sell violent, sex, and dark graphic t shirts. And people wear them like they're cool. On the other hand, there have been few brands that tried to sell "GOOD" t shirts, but we think their graphics weren't cool as the other ones. Therefore, our goal on this project is to create t-shirts with good messages integrated with awesome graphics to be spread to the world. There are hidden messages in some graphics, enjoy finding them. God bless.

Visit our website: theswefn.com
Like our Page: Facebook Page

Now raising funds at: Kickstarter

Tell us what you think! Thank you.

Keep doing you man. I actually dislike all the "dark", "grim", "upside down anti-religious" T myself.
So some positive shirts won't hurt. If the market can support those "other" shirts they'll support yours as well.

I'm just mad cause I have a Morton's Salt spoof/flip T I have been working on as well.

Only advice I have is if you are going to make shirt at least have a common theme to build from. If you just have a bunch of random shirts it'll look more like one of those shops you walk into at the beach with all the generic stuff.
Your name seems kind of hard to really build off of.

I dig it man I appreciate the honesty you guys state on your about section...Its nice to see a brand with some good imagery...keep at it you can only progress as time goes...learn from your mistakes and failures..I will say that i do agree there should be more of a consistency as far as the designs and your brand, instead of it just looking like a few random tees..Best of luck to you guys keep at it!
August 3, 2012 @ 03:48 PM
blastoffline

@hkeys you mean like website layout, Template? were in the process of getting a new one created, as well as cleaner all size images so everything is in line!

@jjangles111 yes we will be getting hats created, we are all finished with the layout of the hats, but were going to release a tee, and hat combo this next spring!

anyone else want to leave there feedback?
August 3, 2012 @ 04:09 PM
Recruits Clothing

I just launched my brand about a month ago. It took me a nice long year to get the website up and all the other legal stuff that go into creating a new company. This is my first collection of whats called the World Series Vol 1 which is a collection thats featured every summer. We have our own custom tags sewn in, and everything. Check it out and post your comments. Checkout our website Link
August 3, 2012 @ 07:00 PM
highheelsuede

Hello, I am staring out an I was wondering if there is any books or anything that I can educate myself on before trying to establish myself in this industry?
August 3, 2012 @ 07:43 PM
ThreadsPremium

I just launched my brand about a month ago. It took me a nice long year to get the website up and all the other legal stuff that go into creating a new company. This is my first collection of whats called the World Series Vol 1 which is a collection thats featured every summer. We have our own custom tags sewn in, and everything. Check it out and post your comments. Checkout our website Link

Look like a great start! hope to see your future stuff!

Stitch By Stitch Since 2011 www.ThreadsPremium.com

August 3, 2012 @ 09:09 PM
aaronstrdywngs

Looking for some advice on screen printing and digital printing. Does anybody favour one over the other? We currently screen print all of out garments but have seen quite a lot of designs lately that have a higher quality finish to them.

If anybody has any feedback that would be great in terms of which is more cost effective etc.
Thanks

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

August 3, 2012 @ 09:49 PM
stillwild

Looking for some advice on screen printing and digital printing. Does anybody favour one over the other? We currently screen print all of out garments but have seen quite a lot of designs lately that have a higher quality finish to them.

If anybody has any feedback that would be great in terms of which is more cost effective etc.
Thanks

DTG, cheap. I've always used it for samples -- can be quality, especially in black and white. in my experience, since it prints based on the same principles as a computer. If the image is multi-colored, it can look pixelated under scrutiny.

Screenprinting, more expensive generally. BUT I always look to screenprinting for production pieces, the look and feel are classic. But DTG > Screenprinting, in terms of lasting of quality if either diminishes, DTG will stand up much, much better to time.

Cheers.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

August 3, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
meankids

Hey I started my brand about 5-6 months ago and was hoping for some feedback. I try my best to have some kind of concept behind everything I make. I have other designs printed but Im just going to put up my favorite guy and girl shirt I have right now.

I also designed the website myself which can be found at Link and you can see my other designs. Thanks for any input.
Facebook-Link

Question for you though: Is your store hosted by bigcartel along with your home page or is your home page hosted by another 3rd party then it redirects you to bigcartel for shopping.
Only reason I ask is because I noticed that bigcartel in the web address and I think it would look better/more professional minus it. It would give it more of a "independent" feel if you know what I mean.

Thank you! Also to be honest Im still kind of a novice when it comes to web design so I dont really know how to customize my big cartel domain. However I do have my own domain space that I just link to my big cartel store. Also feel free to hit me up.
August 3, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
meankids

How do you guys feel about our brand blast off?? www.blastoffline.com
Were in the process of getting a new web template, as well as a photoshoot with all our gear so we can have a slide show.

Let us know what you guys think! all feed back would greatly be appreciated !!

I think your designs are really strong. Once you get the website cleaned up I think you'll look pretty legit.
August 3, 2012 @ 10:23 PM
swefn

swefn [swe-ven] was founded by Big Paul and Small Paul on July 1, 2012. We sat together on a dining table and opened with a prayer to start a brand. The name we received was swefn, meaning dream and/or vision from old archaic English.

SALT TEE

We see around us that there are many brands that sell violent, sex, and dark graphic t shirts. And people wear them like they're cool. On the other hand, there have been few brands that tried to sell "GOOD" t shirts, but we think their graphics weren't cool as the other ones. Therefore, our goal on this project is to create t-shirts with good messages integrated with awesome graphics to be spread to the world. There are hidden messages in some graphics, enjoy finding them. God bless.

Visit our website: theswefn.com
Like our Page: Facebook Page

Now raising funds at: Kickstarter

Tell us what you think! Thank you.

Keep doing you man. I actually dislike all the "dark", "grim", "upside down anti-religious" T myself.
So some positive shirts won't hurt. If the market can support those "other" shirts they'll support yours as well.

I'm just mad cause I have a Morton's Salt spoof/flip T I have been working on as well.

Only advice I have is if you are going to make shirt at least have a common theme to build from. If you just have a bunch of random shirts it'll look more like one of those shops you walk into at the beach with all the generic stuff.
Your name seems kind of hard to really build off of.

I dig it man I appreciate the honesty you guys state on your about section...Its nice to see a brand with some good imagery...keep at it you can only progress as time goes...learn from your mistakes and failures..I will say that i do agree there should be more of a consistency as far as the designs and your brand, instead of it just looking like a few random tees..Best of luck to you guys keep at it!

Thank You, @vega_box and @Brave. Thanks for the cheers and advices. We actually tired to put hidden messages in most of our T-shirt that people have to dig and find. For example A MEX TEE, the card number has message behind it! if you guys can find it. But as you guys mentioned, the Ostrich tee is just an art work that one of us did and has no message.
So we will consider and keep your advice in our mind. Thank you. And it's time to spread some GOOD MESSAGES!

A MEX TEE | FRONT

swefn

August 3, 2012 @ 10:32 PM
wcfrontrvnners

Redesigned our tumblr page. Check it out WCFVRS.tumblr.com

WCFRVS.COM INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: WCFRONTRVNNERS ; JJFRNTRVNNERS

August 3, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Facebook-Link

Thank you! Also to be honest Im still kind of a novice when it comes to web design so I dont really know how to customize my big cartel domain. However I do have my own domain space that I just link to my big cartel store. Also feel free to hit me up.

It usually under settings in the Domain area where you can fix it.
If you are hosted woth say GoDaddy all you have to do is add your custom domain and have it redirect to you store. You may have to pay addition for the option on BigCartel for the custom add on but it will delete the BG tag from the url web address and just have product name or store.
Something along those lines.

Thanks

DTG, cheap. I've always used it for samples -- can be quality, especially in black and white. in my experience, since it prints based on the same principles as a computer. If the image is multi-colored, it can look pixelated under scrutiny.

Screenprinting, more expensive generally. BUT I always look to screenprinting for production pieces, the look and feel are classic. But DTG > Screenprinting, in terms of lasting of quality if either diminishes, DTG will stand up much, much better to time.

Cheers.

Yes and No
More then 4 colors use DTG baised on cost if you are doing small numbers. Most companies won't even give you a second look if you are doing 24-48 pieces with a 5 color press cause it isn't cost effective for them.
Screen printing is fairly cheap if you do the dirty work for them. Have everything preped in ESP formate colored seperated and all they have to do is burn the screens. They will love you.
DTG can print vector formated pictures so that will delete the pixelated look. And vector format will also help woth the color format on the inkjet to make it more vibrant as well.
When you say "higher qaulity" what are we talking. In regards to colors or detail.
You can achieve just about anything with DTG o the limits are based on the printer they use. No DTG printer is created the same.
But in respect to silkscreening you can also do the same, it will just require more techinical steps as far as color seperation. I have seen stuff that when I looked at automatically thought it was DTG because it was so detailed but found later it wa silk screen.

August 4, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
stillwild

@vega:

basically it seems like my printer was shit. it was one color and it ended up pixelated. properly formatted.

August 4, 2012 @ 12:49 AM
blastoffline

How do you guys feel about our brand blast off?? www.blastoffline.com
Were in the process of getting a new web template, as well as a photoshoot with all our gear so we can have a slide show.

Let us know what you guys think! all feed back would greatly be appreciated !!

I think your designs are really strong. Once you get the website cleaned up I think you'll look pretty legit.

@meankids Thank you! were working on that now!
August 4, 2012 @ 12:53 AM
cityofsavages

@highheelsuede I'm reading "Chasing Cool" right now, it's about marketing and what not and there are a couple others that I've found on Amazon that I'm thinking of picking up. Just search "streetwear" or "t-shirts" on Amazon under books and some will pop up.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

August 4, 2012 @ 12:58 AM
Broken Bank Clo

@vega:

basically it seems like my printer was shit. it was one color and it ended up pixelated. properly formatted.

If you can find shitty silkscreeners you'll also find shitty DTG printers. Some people just do it because everyone else is and think they can make a quick buck.

August 4, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
stillwild

@vega:

If you can find shitty silkscreeners you'll also find shitty DTG printers. Some people just do it because everyone else is and think they can make a quick buck.

Yeah. But I think getting a dope supply chain in place is hella key, so I'm taking my time with it.

August 4, 2012 @ 01:31 AM
chads

Thanks

Cheers.

Yes and No
More then 4 colors use DTG baised on cost if you are doing small numbers. Most companies won't even give you a second look if you are doing 24-48 pieces with a 5 color press cause it isn't cost effective for them.
Screen printing is fairly cheap if you do the dirty work for them. Have everything preped in ESP formate colored seperated and all they have to do is burn the screens. They will love you.
DTG can print vector formated pictures so that will delete the pixelated look. And vector format will also help woth the color format on the inkjet to make it more vibrant as well.
When you say "higher qaulity" what are we talking. In regards to colors or detail.
You can achieve just about anything with DTG o the limits are based on the printer they use. No DTG printer is created the same.
But in respect to silkscreening you can also do the same, it will just require more techinical steps as far as color seperation. I have seen stuff that when I looked at automatically thought it was DTG because it was so detailed but found later it wa silk screen.

Do either of you guys know of any places that do DTG printing at no minimum for fairly cheap? If so, would you be willing to share.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 4, 2012 @ 02:00 AM
stillwild

Thanks

Cheers.

Yes and No

Do either of you guys know of any places that do DTG printing at no minimum for fairly cheap? If so, would you be willing to share.

where are you based out of?

August 4, 2012 @ 02:42 AM
chads

Thanks

Cheers.

Yes and No

Vermont, but I'm assuming I will have to work with someone out of state to get a decent price. As long as I can find a place in the US that is fairly reasonable and can ship, I would love that.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 4, 2012 @ 02:43 AM
mrdaleog

Thinking about doing a Friends and Family tee for my line since its coming around to its 2 year anniversary.
A quick mock up; thoughts?

*note: this wont be the final colorway

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

August 4, 2012 @ 03:04 AM
chads

Thinking about doing a Friends and Family tee for my line since its coming around to its 2 year anniversary.

In my opinion, writing 'friends and family' on it is super corny. I would suggest just making it some sort of a logo tee in an exclusive colorway. Simplicity is key.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

August 4, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
Broken Bank Clo

Thanks

Cheers.

Yes and No

Vermont, but I'm assuming I will have to work with someone out of state to get a decent price. As long as I can find a place in the US that is fairly reasonable and can ship, I would love that.

What do you consider fairly cheap. You can PM me if you want/

August 4, 2012 @ 03:36 AM
mrdaleog

In my opinion, writing 'friends and family' on it is super corny. I would suggest just making it some sort of a logo tee in an exclusive colorway. Simplicity is key.

I feel you. Much appreciated man.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

August 4, 2012 @ 04:35 AM
AndyRocksBluu

I feel you. Much appreciated man.

There's not much to comment on. I think it looks way to plain in my opinion. I feel like a anniversary tee should celebrate your brand.

http://bluudreams.com/ #DiveIn

Please login first to reply.