Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 21, 2012 @ 02:24 PM
karakter1

Our first 3 releases, and our first product shots, any tips for future shots?

looks good....i like the brand name and design name...dont really need the dot com. i would crop the image a lil more.....dont need all dat extra wall.
July 21, 2012 @ 04:04 PM
livwealthy

don't want to upload all the pics and spam the thread . but check it out yo. im open for suggestions. thanks

www.NovusImperiumClothing.bigcartel.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Novus-Imperium/226470867447923

everything looks cool but i would change the layout and make the pictures bigger...

http://www.livwealthy.bigcartel.com

July 21, 2012 @ 04:56 PM
BEENDOINGIT

here is my summer 2012 lookbook, feedback would be great, thanks!
WEBSITE
TUMBLR

Complete opposite to what I normally go for, but I really like this stuff. Graphics are really detailed, bold, but also easy on the eye. Collection works well together overall.
July 21, 2012 @ 05:21 PM
yungsteveyfranchise

WEBSITE
TUMBLR

I really like the slugo tee
July 21, 2012 @ 06:33 PM
erikdinosaur

www.efesdamt.com
www.efesdamt.bigcartel.com
Not a big selection of shit but im working on getting it all up and progressing soon. have a shit load of designs about to get made.
July 21, 2012 @ 07:45 PM
Jake Ocean

Hey you guy's i was recently a guest writer on inspiration feed , and wrote 5 branding mistakes in the apparel industry. If you starting a clothing line i would recommend reading it , i see a lot of people making thees mistakes every day

Here is the link
http://inspirationfeed.com/articles/business/top-5-branding-mistakes-in-the-apparel-industry/

good read Corey.
If anyone is in the Los Angeles area I'll be setting up a booth in DTLA on Hope street (right across the street from FIDM). it's on july 26th with a ton of other brands, come check it out if your in the area.

http://www.distantlight.co

July 21, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
Jake Ocean

^ keep it minimal, get rid of the text on the bottom left

gotta let folks know where to find them.

i agree with this

why?
it's a line sheet.
it's not gonna be seen anywhere that's not already branded, or by someone who isn't aware of what the brand is.

Yes it will. Google images for one. He may post the picture somewhere on his blog and include some common search terms. If someone goes on Google images they'll see the image and the link. Easy hit to his website.

Don't forget how images are used all over the web on different sites. You never want to loose a chance to gain a hit your website.
It's good advertising.

i don't. yes it's seen on many platforms, which is why i'm particular about how it's seen.
benny gold is a great example of what I mean.

you better believe this photo of an unreleased benny gold backpack is gonna be rebloggedtweetmcfacebookposted but it's completely unbranded, it'll be mentioned as Benny Gold, cause who posts something anywhere and doesn't tag or at least describe it -- often anyway, and people will search more for information or they won't.

the people who search more, those are the people I want to target, the others, eh.

my business is niche, so yes while I'll be sacrificing

completely agree with grams.
if you really want to put your website and logo on it, put it small and subtle in the corner with a low opacity as a water mark. when you put your logo on it with website it just looks messy and desperate.

July 21, 2012 @ 07:49 PM
Jake Ocean

rare -

common misconception a great product is indeed a great thing to have, but good advertising is the best thing to have.
what good is a product if no one knows about it, buys it?

its funny you say that though, my adv. teacher was talking about a survey of us citizens, and marketers -- advertisers, specifically, are viewed as one of the least trusted professions.

so it's funny you say that.

good ads demonstrate the true brands value, nothing more.
a smokescreen isn't an ad, it's just a smokescreen for a bad product.

----what good is a product if no one knows about it, buys it?----

1) Believe it or not quality products can survive without ads, there are always gonna be people buying great product, product might not sell fast or there might not be a huge crowd after it but it still sells itself ( word of mouth, customer satisfaction etc )
(Most great streetwear companies survived in the long run not because of ads but cos of the product they had in the beginning. Bape.Neighborhood etc had no ads back in 93, how do you think they survived all those years without the internet? ) How often do you see ads from visvim ?

----good advertising is the best thing to have----

2) On the other hand, Having amazing ads doesn't necessary mean the product is great. It only means more exposure, interaction etc. At the end of the day no matter how much $ spent on ads or campaigns, people still look at the products after the initial attraction from the ads.

Don't get me wrong, Ad are definitely important (and might even be more important than the product itself in some industries) . But is it more important to have quality products or great ads? It's your call.Personally I would pick quality products any day

yes, in 1993 they didn't use advertising, but were in 2012, where the industry is much more competitive and over saturated. if you invest no time in advertising, marketing, or promotion, you'll be sitting at your chair on launch day and wondering why no one is coming to order.

July 21, 2012 @ 08:03 PM
DannyHH

Thanks guys, I just edited the colors of my pics and took off the text. Check them out in our brand thread
July 21, 2012 @ 08:22 PM
chads

WEBSITE
TUMBLR

Super cool lookbook and I do also like your products. My only recommendations would be:
1. Some of the pictures just look dark and its hard to see details. I don't know if you edited the pictures but I wouldve bumped up both the contrast and the brightness a little bit.
2. Sometimes in lookbooks, the pictures just seem really redundant to me. I feel you don't more than to pictures in a set to address one product. Like if you are showcasing a tee that only has a front graphic then one picture that features that tee is perfectly sufficient. Like I said, some of the pictures just feel redundant. It almost seems that you couldn't decide on the pictures so you just decided to feature all the ones that you liked.
Otherwise, great job!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

July 21, 2012 @ 08:53 PM
cityofsavages

WEBSITE
TUMBLR

dope lookbook

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

July 21, 2012 @ 09:00 PM
cityofsavages

@third-eye-jedi It's "ok" but if you're going to start a company you should have the a lot of the business aspects straightened out before you get rolling. You can make everything official by obtaining your LLC (ours costed about $700 in Georgia) you'll also need to get your resellers license some wholesalers won't sell to you without it.

July 21, 2012 @ 09:42 PM
rare01

@jakelights Not entirely sure what you are trying to get at. Yes the market is much more competitive and over saturated where everyone can start a brand and use photoshop. So think about why a consumer would pick your product instead of others ( Because you have a better ad campaign and not because of the product ? ) If so, goodluck in the long run.

Again,(---- I am not saying ads are not important---- we all need ads !!) But as a consumer would you prefer the money you paid mostly used on ads or improving the product itself ?
July 21, 2012 @ 09:58 PM
cityofsavages

@jakelights Not entirely sure what you are trying to get at. Yes the market is much more competitive and over saturated where everyone can start a brand and use photoshop. So think about why a consumer would pick your product instead of others ( Because you have a better ad campaign and not because of the product ? ) If so, goodluck in the long run.

Again,(---- I am not saying ads are not important---- we all need ads !!) But as a consumer would you prefer the money you paid mostly used on ads or improving the product itself ?

@rare01 Kind of agree with both sides on this discussion. I feel like a brand's biggest responsibility to to try to play both sides of the fence and combine great marketing with a great product Like anything else there has to be balance.

July 21, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
minsct

Shameless hype. Launches Tuesday July 24th. Limited to 10 pieces.

Eat mushrooms and stare at your gut.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

July 21, 2012 @ 11:31 PM
Jake Ocean

i agree with you, i'm not saying go spend loads of money on advertising, thats not what i'm saying at all. i'm saying a company needs to invest time into both the marketing aspect and design aspect - not saying you should put more work in advertising over design.

i personally have not paid for any ads, but i have spent a ton of time working on social media, marketing, and promotions. in order to put your brand out there and to compete with other brands, you need to form some sort of marketing plan. consumers won't grade your marketing campaign, they'll see it as a new brand trying to get out there.

July 21, 2012 @ 11:43 PM
stillwild

^ keep it minimal, get rid of the text on the bottom left

gotta let folks know where to find them.

i agree with this

why?
it's a line sheet.
it's not gonna be seen anywhere that's not already branded, or by someone who isn't aware of what the brand is.

Yes it will. Google images for one. He may post the picture somewhere on his blog and include some common search terms. If someone goes on Google images they'll see the image and the link. Easy hit to his website.

Don't forget how images are used all over the web on different sites. You never want to loose a chance to gain a hit your website.
It's good advertising.

i don't. yes it's seen on many platforms, which is why i'm particular about how it's seen.
benny gold is a great example of what I mean.

you better believe this photo of an unreleased benny gold backpack is gonna be rebloggedtweetmcfacebookposted but it's completely unbranded, it'll be mentioned as Benny Gold, cause who posts something anywhere and doesn't tag or at least describe it -- often anyway, and people will search more for information or they won't.

the people who search more, those are the people I want to target, the others, eh.

my business is niche, so yes while I'll be sacrificing

completely agree with grams.
if you really want to put your website and logo on it, put it small and subtle in the corner with a low opacity as a water mark. when you put your logo on it with website it just looks messy and desperate.

Do brands in LA host a lot of impromptu events like this?

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

July 22, 2012 @ 04:03 AM
mrdaleog

Thanks for the feedback on the baseball jerseys people!

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

July 22, 2012 @ 04:09 AM
mrdaleog

Just did an aesthetic change to my brand Live Love URBAN.

Initially it was called just that, Live Love URBAN, but through wanting a more cleaner look to my line, I re-worked it and came to what I call it now.... URBN. by Live Love URBAN.

Keeping it simplistic, clean, and fresh.

Not much to comment on yet I know, but first impressions?

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

July 22, 2012 @ 04:11 AM
mrscrouge

need some advice on what method to use for printing designs such as multiple color all over prints (center and sleeves) and photorealistic on color and dark tees.
example (not the style I'm going for, but the quality i'd need)

Ive gotten mixed answers between traditional screen printing, dtg, various transfers, sublimation, and printing fabric and then assembling the tee (although this seems to be too costly starting out).
July 22, 2012 @ 04:16 AM
Crispy1

How are my new hats?

http://www.crispyapparel.com/
July 22, 2012 @ 04:36 AM
Broken Bank Clo

need some advice on what method to use for printing designs such as multiple color all over prints (center and sleeves) and photorealistic on color and dark tees.
example (not the style I'm going for, but the quality i'd need)

Ive gotten mixed answers between traditional screen printing, dtg, various transfers, sublimation, and printing fabric and then assembling the tee (although this seems to be too costly starting out).

DTG won't work because you have a cut off area for the machine when it prints. You can print over seems and then to flat fabric and have it look clean. So No
Heat transfers will not have a soft feel with a all over print. It would be like taking a piece of paper and trying to wrap yourself in it. So No
Screen printing. Unless this is cut and sew t shirt it will not come out like that. All over silk screen printing can on be done with one color. And those pictured designed are far to complex for a all over print unless, like I said, it is some sort of cut and sew with printed fabric.

So that leves you with sublimation which is my 100% guess on how those shirts were printed.
It's softer. Ink is dyed into the shirt and can be fully printed all over the shirt with no hassle. And probably the cheapest.
Sublimation can not be done on dark t's though cause convention printed don't use white ink.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

July 22, 2012 @ 07:22 AM
dblock136

first tee from my line "BRK."

vinyl stickers that come with each t-shirt

the second tee is in the work, would love to here some thoughts, suggestions thanks smile!

I like the shirt and the idea the whole concept is DOPE i plan on copping one. But what does BRK stand for?
July 22, 2012 @ 07:24 AM
dblock136

@bsh I Love the shirt I like the whole Concept and the shirt is pretty DOPE I plan on copping me one. But what does BRK actually stand for?
July 22, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
chads

Initially it was called just that, Live Love URBAN, but through wanting a more cleaner look to my line, I re-worked it and came to what I call it now.... URBN. by Live Love URBAN.

I really can't say whether I like the name or not but when I first decided I wanted to start a brand, the first name I came up with was URBAN and thats what I stuck with for a while. One thing though about the name that made me change it was that I think it can be easily confused with Urban Outfitters. I know a lot of people refer to Urban Outfitters as just Urban so I wouldn't want your brand to get confused with such a large powerhouse in clothing.
Just my thoughts.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

July 22, 2012 @ 10:26 PM
OR NAH

Anyone know where i can buy zippers? Not just the end piece to fix broken ones like the whole unit.

where the azn girls at

July 22, 2012 @ 10:31 PM
cityofsavages

Enter the code "livefreeordie" @ the http://shop.thecityofsavages.com check out screen for 30% off your entire order.

July 22, 2012 @ 10:32 PM
cityofsavages

Hey you guy's i was recently a guest writer on inspiration feed , and wrote 5 branding mistakes in the apparel industry. If you starting a clothing line i would recommend reading it , i see a lot of people making thees mistakes every day

Here is the link
http://inspirationfeed.com/articles/business/top-5-branding-mistakes-in-the-apparel-industry/

This is good. The 1st one you named is a problem a lot of people have.

July 22, 2012 @ 11:12 PM
cityofsavages

Not much to comment on yet I know, but first impressions?

Just know you're going to have to have some excellent marketing to stand out from the back.

July 22, 2012 @ 11:16 PM
aaronstrdywngs

Hey guys, check out our site www.strdywngs.com. We are a small skater/snowboarder owned lifestyle brand from the UK.

Currently doing a promotion where if you like or tweet our website upon checkout, you will get 10% off your order.

Not been in the game long, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

Please login first to reply.