Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
July 9, 2012 @ 10:59 PM
Angry Chair

i started a line called PACIFIST. i try to walk the line between streetwear & action sports. recently started sponsoring some cagefighters and a local rapper.

i was inspired by companies like diamond supply co. and blvck scvle to start my own project. i'm interested in any feedback.

here's a logo i made

my buddy wearing our 1st tee

sample hats

a promo pic of myself

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifist-Fight- Wear/198022430260055

July 9, 2012 @ 11:33 PM
Jake Ocean

i started a line called PACIFIST. i try to walk the line between streetwear & action sports. recently started sponsoring some cagefighters and a local rapper.

i was inspired by companies like diamond supply co. and blvck scvle to start my own project. i'm interested in any feedback.

here's a logo i made

my buddy wearing our 1st tee

sample hats

a promo pic of myself

please change that type asap

http://www.distantlight.co

July 9, 2012 @ 11:37 PM
Angry Chair

please change that type asap

the font ?

July 9, 2012 @ 11:56 PM
minsct

who cares what they did? the could've, who knows. everyone has their own style of progressing, and i think showing a template to a small group of people to a thread isn't unprofessional. although i do agree with you that people should be confident in their designs, i do think that not everyone has someone to refer to for feedback.

Like I said. To each their own. Although I believe feedback is incredibly important to progression. I simply just don't agree with brands doing pre-design posting and such. To ME, I automatically see them as insecure about their design aesthetic. Maybe i'm just a hard ass.

No worries though. The real proof is in the putting. Best of luck to everyone doing their thing.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

July 10, 2012 @ 12:00 AM
hbanthony

I'm loving the logos guys
July 10, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
mrdaleog

looking for feedback whether it be good or bad

I like it my dude. Keeping it simple.

URBN. by Live Love URBAN || Do what you love, love what you do || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

July 10, 2012 @ 12:41 AM
Recruits Clothing

I dont understand why people use bigcartel and store envy when your starting out. If you are serious about starting a brand, get a real website. You got to stand out of the rest, how you going to accomplish that with the same look everyone has? This is a saturated industry, and you got to stand out to be taken serious..This is my opinion so far from %95 of the start-up brands I've viewed on this forum.
July 10, 2012 @ 12:42 AM
Angry Chair

looking for feedback whether it be good or bad

I like it my dude. Keeping it simple.

the front is a quote by kurt cobain right ? i like it

July 10, 2012 @ 12:44 AM
Angry Chair

I dont understand why people use bigcartel and store envy when your starting out. If you are serious about starting a brand, get a real website. You got to stand out of the rest, how you going to accomplish that with the same look everyone has? This is a saturated industry, and you got to stand out to be taken serious..This is my opinion so far from %95 of the start-up brands I've viewed on this forum.

mainly because it's free and usually when you're just starting up you don't have alot of money to put into a fancy website

July 10, 2012 @ 02:00 AM
minsct

mainly because it's free and usually when you're just starting up you don't have alot of money to put into a fancy website

Then work and acquire a bit of money. It really doesn't cost alot of money to get a real site/shop made. I am a broke college student and managed to open my first store using .com.

In my opinion. Usually when I see a big.cartel store it is a turn off. But lets be real, the individuals you are communicating with in this forum are generally well-informed on the industry. Other people may not give a fuck.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

July 10, 2012 @ 03:59 AM
Angry Chair

Then work and acquire a bit of money. It really doesn't cost alot of money to get a real site/shop made. I am a broke college student and managed to open my first store using .com.

In my opinion. Usually when I see a big.cartel store it is a turn off. But lets be real, the individuals you are communicating with in this forum are generally well-informed on the industry. Other people may not give a fuck.

i was just taking a guess to why you see alot of start ups use bigcartel. why is bigcartel a turn off?

July 10, 2012 @ 04:23 AM
Frank_

you guys should easily be able to come up with 10 bucks a month for bigcartel
July 10, 2012 @ 04:31 AM
Angry Chair

it's actually free to list up to 5 items

July 10, 2012 @ 05:33 AM
DannyHH

July 10, 2012 @ 05:46 AM
ThreadsPremium

I've been looking for wholesale 5 panel camp hats for awhile and i can't seem to find any. If anyone knows where to get them made or wholesale 5 panels it would be awesome for you to share.

Thanks.

ThreadsPremium.com

Stitch By Stitch Since 2011 www.ThreadsPremium.com

July 10, 2012 @ 06:04 AM
Frank_

it's actually free to list up to 5 items

Yea I know free up to iteams with a single image and no custom URL..... I payed the 10 a month primarily just to have my own domain I hate sites that have .blahblag at the end..... And I like the custom HTML option
July 10, 2012 @ 06:27 AM
Jake Ocean

big cartel is great. i love it, it's easily customizable and has great stats. www.distantlight.co/products - you wouldn't even guess it's bigcartel.

July 10, 2012 @ 10:47 AM
HWYS - Joey

big cartel is great. i love it, it's easily customizable and has great stats. www.distantlight.co/products - you wouldn't even guess it's bigcartel.

Dude you did an amazing job with your site. It looks insanely good. Good luck with the brand.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

July 10, 2012 @ 04:31 PM
Jake Ocean

Dude you did an amazing job with your site. It looks insanely good. Good luck with the brand.

thanks man

July 10, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
DannyHH

thanks man

Is your whole site based off BC? Other than the 1st page
July 10, 2012 @ 05:59 PM
Broken Bank Clo

i was just taking a guess to why you see alot of start ups use bigcartel. why is bigcartel a turn off?

When you know better, you do better.

Big cartel is not the only option. And with the amount of money you guys spend on the "montly fees" you can purchase a URL from GoDaddy and have it hosted for a yearly subscription and still come out cheaper. And have the control over however many shirts you want.
I have posted this a few times in here.
GoDaddy
CubeCart
Cpanel
Do some reading and treat yourself to extra money in your pocket.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

July 10, 2012 @ 06:11 PM
bgreat

Feedback please!
SIMPLY SUCCESSFUL Uphustle tees in unisex in 4 colors. $15 preorder until July 11 @ 5pm

Support Superior Success

Uphustle Clothing SUPPORT SUPERIOR SUCCESS www.facebook.com/UphustleClothingCo www.UPHUSTLE.com Instagram: @uphustleclothing

July 10, 2012 @ 06:25 PM
Angry Chair

i personally see bigcartel as a temporary solution. it's a quick, inexpensive alternative to a full site/webstore. once a brand starts making money they should transition to a full custom site... at least i would

July 10, 2012 @ 06:27 PM
Angry Chair

now that's good use of bigcartel cool

July 10, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
DannyHH

When you know better, you do better.

Big cartel is not the only option. And with the amount of money you guys spend on the "montly fees" you can purchase a URL from GoDaddy and have it hosted for a yearly subscription and still come out cheaper. And have the control over however many shirts you want.
I have posted this a few times in here.
GoDaddy
CubeCart
Cpanel
Do some reading and treat yourself to extra money in your pocket.

yeah but adding the hosting a year + SSL it can get quite expensive
July 10, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
karakter1

nothing wrong with bigcartel

there are other options, im sure that whatever way you choose to host your webstore will be fine.

the main focus should be quality designs...lots of brands, with good designs, use bigcartel and have no problem doing good business....on the flip side, if your designs are not marketable, then not even the most elaborate web hosting will help.
July 10, 2012 @ 06:39 PM
Angry Chair

nothing wrong with bigcartel

there are other options, im sure that whatever way you choose to host your webstore will be fine.

the main focus should be quality designs...lots of brands, with good designs, use bigcartel and have no problem doing good business....on the flip side, if your designs are not marketable, then not even the most elaborate web hosting will help.

this is truth

July 10, 2012 @ 08:45 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Also just something I noticed.
Everything is set to the left of the screen. Don't know if this was done on purpose but it's not setup to be "big computer screen" eye friendly.

July 10, 2012 @ 08:45 PM
Angry Chair

an alternate logo

July 10, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
Broken Bank Clo

better. That other one looks pretty damn close to 10 Deep. And the above font does not look to over used.

Please login first to reply.