Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 7, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
HWYS - Joey

^^^ maybe once November comes around man. It's the hottest month since '88 here in Ohio...

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

July 7, 2012 @ 10:17 PM
cityofsavages

what up everyone, i've been brainstorming and everything has been going along well. I haven't been posting up anything lately about it but i'll be dropping something real soon (Blades of Glory) which is going in production next week. Keep an eye out, i'll be posting up sneak peaks.

Anyway, for now I am dropping exclusive 'cmlyud' cavnas beanies in black or maroon. would love to hear what you guys think. You could order yours on the website here: http://commonlyused.bigcartel.com/product/cmlyud-canvas-beanies

They look great, I like distressed edges, the only issue is that the script isn't really legible you may have issues moving them if people can't really read what they say. Be sure to include a good product description on your site explaining what 'Cmlyud' represents so people will be more inclined to purchase.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

July 7, 2012 @ 11:07 PM
commonlyused

what up everyone, i've been brainstorming and everything has been going along well. I haven't been posting up anything lately about it but i'll be dropping something real soon (Blades of Glory) which is going in production next week. Keep an eye out, i'll be posting up sneak peaks.

Anyway, for now I am dropping exclusive 'cmlyud' cavnas beanies in black or maroon. would love to hear what you guys think. You could order yours on the website here: http://commonlyused.bigcartel.com/product/cmlyud-canvas-beanies

They look great, I like distressed edges, the only issue is that the script isn't really legible you may have issues moving them if people can't really read what they say. Be sure to include a good product description on your site explaining what 'Cmlyud' represents so people will be more inclined to purchase.

thanks! will keep that in mind. 'cmlyud' is an abbreviation for Commonly Used

Away From Society | San Jose, CA | www.commonlyusedlife.com

July 7, 2012 @ 11:13 PM
EVGD

^I think its also designed so that it reads EVIL when put backwards

Yurrp that's the double meaning there! Thanks for recognizing

God Hates Lames

July 7, 2012 @ 11:50 PM
Recruits Clothing

I just started a brand called Recruits. We just launched yesterday. Give some feedback and etc
www.recruitsclothing.com

Not too bad. Looks like a good start!

how did you make your website?
I just started a brand called Recruits. We just launched yesterday. Give some feedback and etc
www.recruitsclothing.com

Not too bad. Looks like a good start!

how did you make your website?

It took me a year to get the whole design that I wanted but to answer your question it was made from scratch. Luckily I happen to have a friend who is a developer and helped me with the back end of it. But I learned when starting a brand, you have to come out with a killer website to be taken seriously. They cost a couple grand but its a good investment for the long run. When you have a bigcartel or store envy your subconsciously put in "that type of brand" category.
July 8, 2012 @ 12:41 AM
dangerers

nvm

http://www.dangerers.bigcartel.com

July 8, 2012 @ 12:45 AM
Dare.

looking for feedback whether it be good or bad
You need a better tee template, if you want I can send you one, its a jpeg though so you gotta put your logo on overlay/multiply but it looks much better than that.

?

July 8, 2012 @ 01:05 AM
minsct

Is it just me or does anyone else think that it is degrading to a brands legitimacy by post pre-design template pics asking for feedback? Why not just ask personal friends for feedback? Personally, I enjoy the element of surprise and risk involved with keeping things a secret until released.

But in the end I guess if there is a particular place to do such a thing it would be in this forum.

Carry on.

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

July 8, 2012 @ 01:25 AM
dangerers

Is it just me or does anyone else think that it is degrading to a brands legitimacy by post pre-design template pics asking for feedback? Why not just ask personal friends for feedback? Personally, I enjoy the element of surprise and risk involved with keeping things a secret until released.

But in the end I guess if there is a particular place to do such a thing it would be in this forum.

Carry on.

i understand what you're saying but the ppl i ask basically have the same taste as me and i really want criticism from different perspectives.

http://www.dangerers.bigcartel.com

July 8, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
EVGD

Carry on.

I agree completely. It lends more respect and legitimacy to a brand when the creator put enough belief in the product to print it. It's all perception I guess. to each his own

God Hates Lames

July 8, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
HWYS - Joey

Carry on.

Cosign.

www.highwaysco.us -- for some fucking reason, you must use the www. idk why fml.

July 8, 2012 @ 06:32 AM
cvligula

Started my line 4 months ago. Shirts are being printed soon.

http://laroyaleclothing.tumblr.com
http://facebook.com/laroyaleclothing
http://laroyaleclothing.bigcartel.com

I appreciate any and all feedback.
July 8, 2012 @ 07:15 AM
Dare.

^ reminds me of acropolis.

?

July 8, 2012 @ 08:35 AM
cvligula

I've honestly had these ideas for several months and I just found out about Acropolis 2 weeks ago. But I can see where you're coming from.
July 8, 2012 @ 09:04 AM
samweinberg

Carry on.

I agree with you to some extent, but asking your friends for feedback on your brand is like asking your mom if you're handsome. If you want real feedback, as people who actually know what they're talking about.

City Limits - Fall 2012

July 8, 2012 @ 09:13 AM
cvligula

Ahh that's interesting, I just looked through Acropolis's Collections and it seems we have similar ideas.

Entitled: The Alps Allover.
We also plan: The Alps Pocket Tee.
July 8, 2012 @ 09:18 AM
ryder

I've honestly had these ideas for several months and I just found out about Acropolis 2 weeks ago. But I can see where you're coming from.

Sucks when that kind of stuff happens. Especially this day an age, where theres nothing new under the sun.

But lets be honest, It's a simple text knockout with a background. Its not that original and tons of people have done it, and will continue to do it. Not knocking your hustle at all, because an idea is simply just an idea, its all about how you execute it. So you can still make it work.

Your font on the hats/shirt seems weak. Using premade fonts is cool and easy and all, but sometimes taking it into Ai and moving things around lets you take it to the next level, and make it your own style.

edmflavor.com

July 8, 2012 @ 09:30 AM
cvligula

I really appreciate the tips and feedback, it means a lot to me.

The main goal I keep in mind is that I'm making clothes that I want to wear. And If a company has something similar, So be it. I designed these out of my own creativity. As a great being once said, "If you make it, they will come." So I'm not too worried about selling them.

But again my deepest Thanks.
July 8, 2012 @ 10:06 AM
qrct1

this fricken roman thing going on................... omg it makes me die inside

aeterna13.com

July 8, 2012 @ 10:09 AM
ryder

I really appreciate the tips and feedback, it means a lot to me.

The main goal I keep in mind is that I'm making clothes that I want to wear. And If a company has something similar, So be it. I designed these out of my own creativity. As a great being once said, "If you make it, they will come." So I'm not too worried about selling them.

But again my deepest Thanks.

"If you make it, they will come."

Im sorry but thats the laziest thing I've read on this thread. No one just makes a shirt and sits there and watches it sell out. That will never happen. Acquiring a customer is not free, it doesnt just happen. You have to work really fucking hard to make it in this industry. If you think 'oh ya ill make some cool shit and it will sell itself' you're in for a treat.

Not trying to dig on you at all, its just after doing this full time and talking to tons of others thats just an incredibly silly quote for one to go by.

How many times do you see something on karmaloop, or HB, or the internet as a whole, and say oh thats cool i want it? Pretty often i would assume. Now how often do you actually buy it? Exactly. Having a nice looking product NEVER guarantees it will sell. And something is never sold until you HAVE the money in your own pocket.

edmflavor.com

July 8, 2012 @ 10:19 AM
qrct1

^how was it for you? if you don't mind me asking. just a HS graduate that's curious and interested in this game that's all

aeterna13.com

July 8, 2012 @ 10:34 AM
ryder

^how was it for you? if you don't mind me asking. just a HS graduate that's curious and interested in this game that's all

*removed and sent as PM.

edmflavor.com

July 8, 2012 @ 03:18 PM
noneotherclothes

What does everyone think about seling there brands on kramaloops kazbah? Im thinking about it and Im trying to decided if its worth the percent they take from me? thanks

in regards to the %....kazbah is cheaper than the % that stores take when you wholesale.

Will you drop some numbers as far as percent?

Kazbah takes 35% and you have to pay $30 a month for "rent"

lol im not making anything selling on karmaloop because in addition to all of these things mentioned, they offer free shipping that you have to cover as well as promo rep discounts that are counted against you as well. I actually only make 1-2$ per shirt but at the moment i am getting a ton of sales so its kind of annoying. I dont want to mark up my shirts and not have them sell but at the same time im not really making anything. bah..

Was it hard to get on kazbah?

Like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/noneotherclothing and get some gear at noneotherclothing.com!

July 8, 2012 @ 04:39 PM
cvligula

@ ryder
I'm sorry I didn't word that right. I've been working my ass off, working on designs, looking into manufacturers, trying get hype up for my stuff, working on the press. I've been staying up until 4 AM on many nights. What I meant really was that some people will like my stuff, some people will not. Every designer wants people to like their clothes, but I think you should stay true to yourself and design what you envision. Don't get me wrong, I'm taking all criticism and tips into careful consideration. But I really have respect for guys like you who have been in the game for so long. I truly believe you guys should make it big before anybody like me should. I believe hard work should be rewarded first before some rookies just waltzes in and tries to make it big.

But much respect and my deepest thanks for giving me pointers.

@ qrct1
While Roman/Greek Art is big influence on our designs, It's not the main focus of our clothes. I'm sorry you want to die inside.
July 8, 2012 @ 07:56 PM
OR NAH

Ahh that's interesting, I just looked through Acropolis's Collections and it seems we have similar ideas.

Entitled: The Alps Allover.
We also plan: The Alps Pocket Tee.

Ill fuck with this in pocket tee form....

where the azn girls at

July 8, 2012 @ 10:00 PM
cvligula

@ Dacota. Much thanks. I'll be putting up when new things drop on the Fashion Brands forum so if you catch yourself around there sometime, check it out.
July 8, 2012 @ 10:51 PM
Jake Ocean

Carry on.

I agree completely. It lends more respect and legitimacy to a brand when the creator put enough belief in the product to print it. It's all perception I guess. to each his own

Personal friends wouldn't go far into detail on how to improve on designs, and probably would buy it if it's bad or not. it's better to ask people that give more unbiased feedback that could actually help you improve.

http://www.distantlight.co

July 8, 2012 @ 11:03 PM
Frank_

I have something to show now...

just look at http://shop.theundg.net

it havnt put the website out yet first look on the forums just to get some feedback

i have pins coming and stickers on the way also to add
July 8, 2012 @ 11:09 PM
northbayx415

Here's an overview of some of the goods for now

Dope

where dooes one get that type of bag?? sandbags?

TPTB Coming Soon!

July 9, 2012 @ 12:30 AM
karakter1

Carry on.

Personal friends wouldn't go far into detail on how to improve on designs, and probably would buy it if it's bad or not. it's better to ask people that give more unbiased feedback that could actually help you improve.

I agree that lends more respect and legitimacy to a brand. It has alot to do with perception. If you have good stuff, and you drop it, it looks like you know what you are doing......

if you are asking for design help and advice about names and colors, and fonts, and "does this look good?"..."would you buy this?"....well it shows that you may not quite know what you are doing yet....and that's not a bad thing......just means that you are still in the process of getting things together.

Please login first to reply.