June 20, 2012 @ 11:15 PM
BEENDOINGIT

Hey guys this is just a quick concept of my Visionary Clothing line, this is one of the two tees I plan to release for the summer give me some feedback.

Need feedback guys..

Nothing catches my eyes I personally hate a shirt with nothing but a quote on it. No design or anything. Feels like there is nothing behind it.
EDIT: Unless it looks really really good. Otherwise I don't like it

Already a brand called Visionary.
June 21, 2012 @ 12:05 AM
kbradley

Dopey The Bear

Preview of a hat collection Im dropping soon. Actual photos should be up soon.
June 21, 2012 @ 12:07 AM
JStorm803

Preciate the feedback I'll update the design.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

June 21, 2012 @ 02:00 AM
chads

Dopey The Bear

Trade info for hat manufacturer?

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 21, 2012 @ 02:06 AM
ashtonmcmxc

Dopey The Bear

Trade info for hat manufacturer?

Second that pleasee smile

only for the mcmxc's

June 21, 2012 @ 02:23 AM

Inactive

Any advice on how to start a brand? I have really cool pictures and stuff i could put on the shirt but I have no idea how to start one. Please help
June 21, 2012 @ 02:25 AM
noneotherclothes

I found a good sticker place. Should i just give them away to get my brand bigger?

Like us on facebook at www.facebook.com/noneotherclothing and get some gear at noneotherclothing.com!

June 21, 2012 @ 02:29 AM
thievision

^^ Third(ed)? Hat looks dope "Dopey"

Hey guys, I've lurked these forums for awhile now. I'd like to share my brand that is reaching its 1st year of being in business. Were based out of Downtown Toronto, All screens are shot at my home, and all shirts are printed at my home. If you guys could leave some feedback/comments that'd be great! Thanks for looking!

www.thievision.com
thvs.bigcartel.com
facebook.com/thievision

SOS Tee

No Love Tee

Circle Logo Tee

Crest Tee

Plaitwrights Tee in collaboration with local toronto artists Plaitwrights http://www.youtube.com/user/plaitwrights/videos

www.thievision.com ~/~ www.facebook.com/thievision ~/~ thvs.bigcartel.com

June 21, 2012 @ 02:31 AM
thievision

Also if anyone needs questions answered about starting a brand I could help as best as I can, just send me a message! ^^ (Alpha)

June 21, 2012 @ 02:37 AM
minsct

I found a good sticker place. Should i just give them away to get my brand bigger?

Give them away. Give them ALL away. Think of stickers as a form of marketing, the more you have out there, the more likely people are to notice you.

The only way I could really see selling stickers would be AFTER your brand is well established. (ONLY, Supreme, etc.)

THE VISIONARY IS YOU - www.minsct.com

June 21, 2012 @ 02:38 AM
Broken Bank Clo

I have great success with MySupaDupa if anyone wants to try making a store with them. I was lucky enough to setup with that just started and was offering free setup. But I love how they operate.

Resgister your domain name with GoDaddy which is fairly cheap. Can't remember exactly but like 7.99-14.99 for two years and have it automatically renew and then use MySupaDupa to redirect.

They send emails when you get a order, you can print out a packing slip and invoice once the order is complete.
I actually like it better then bigcartel.

you guys should check it out.

And unwould def. shop around. Don't always go with the first shop that contacts you. Looks at their work, ask about usual print time is and info like that. I have used atleast 4 different printers until I found my pot of gold printer that I use right now.

Yo, can you redirect the URL with the free plan? SupaDupa plans says I need the 20$/month plan for a custom URL, or is there another way to redirect

I'm not 100% sure but probably. I setup with them as soon as the made the site so I got everything for free as a promo.
Ask them about discount codes though.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

June 21, 2012 @ 03:24 AM
Jake Ocean

What's up guys, just wanted to let you know that our website is now live. You can use the code 'HB10' for 10% off your order.

www.distantlight.co

http://www.distantlight.co

June 21, 2012 @ 03:50 AM
chads

Give them away. Give them ALL away. Think of stickers as a form of marketing, the more you have out there, the more likely people are to notice you.

The only way I could really see selling stickers would be AFTER your brand is well established. (ONLY, Supreme, etc.)

Second this. Stickers are an amazing form of marketing! When doing a business plan just factor them in as a marketing cost. If you are able to sell a couple then that is practically like getting handed money you didn't expect to get.
Also, use them as a form of guerrilla marketing. Put them in high traffic areas and that just helps to know that more eyes will see them than if you just give them to people you know.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 21, 2012 @ 03:54 AM
chads

Hey guys, I've lurked these forums for awhile now. I'd like to share my brand that is reaching its 1st year of being in business. Were based out of Downtown Toronto, All screens are shot at my home, and all shirts are printed at my home. If you guys could leave some feedback/comments that'd be great! Thanks for looking!

www.thievision.com
thvs.bigcartel.com
facebook.com/thievision

Honestly not my style but I dig the attention to detail and the fact that the designs appear to very cohesive. Looks cool!

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 21, 2012 @ 04:09 AM
HEAVYSET

Check out our new summer capsule release. http://weareheavyset.com/blogs/dailyhate/6177608-summer-capsule-now-available-noche-de-heavyset

WeAreHeavyset.com | O.S.O.S.

June 21, 2012 @ 05:07 AM
qrct1

Hey guys this is just a quick concept of my Visionary Clothing line, this is one of the two tees I plan to release for the summer give me some feedback.

Need feedback guys..

Nothing catches my eyes I personally hate a shirt with nothing but a quote on it. No design or anything. Feels like there is nothing behind it.
EDIT: Unless it looks really really good. Otherwise I don't like it

Already a brand called Visionary.

lol and another brand called Vizionary Villainz

aeterna13.com

June 21, 2012 @ 05:17 AM
qrct1

Somebody please explain tax resale to me.
I want to order from AA and it requires this tax resale certificate & number...

So far I've found this:
Resale Certificate
But I don't know what to do after I fill it out... Is it official after I fill it out and do I just send it to AA?
In essence, what do I need to do to register for alstyle???

A well explained response to my question will be APPRECIATED!!

aeterna13.com

June 21, 2012 @ 05:26 AM
cityofsavages

yes, post them up around where you live and take pics to post on your social media accts. as well.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

June 21, 2012 @ 05:26 AM
cityofsavages

www.thievision.com
thvs.bigcartel.com
facebook.com/thievision

SOS Tee

No Love Tee

Circle Logo Tee

Crest Tee

Plaitwrights Tee in collaboration with local toronto artists Plaitwrights http://www.youtube.com/user/plaitwrights/videos

dope, especially the yellow one.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

June 21, 2012 @ 06:40 AM
mrdaleog

What's up guys, just wanted to let you know that our website is now live. You can use the code 'HB10' for 10% off your order.

www.distantlight.co

$60 for a hoodie on the first release of your line?? Damn man.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

June 21, 2012 @ 07:00 AM
Jake Ocean

www.distantlight.co

I priced my products on how I wanted to value the brand. The hoodie was printed with water based inks, custom hem tag on bottom left, on Independent Trading Co. (same hoodies Diamond and Obey print on), which are top notch quality. Anything priced lower I would feel would be devaluing the product.

June 21, 2012 @ 07:18 AM
thievision

Thanks for the comments guys! The consistency between designs and overall brand aesthetic is the most important for me and usually what I look for when looking at other brands.

@jayoceansss I think $60 for a quality hoodie isn't bad at all, price = value. Whats shipping costs to Canada like? Might purchase that hoodie for myself.

June 21, 2012 @ 07:20 AM
Atlas&Mason

www.distantlight.co

I priced my products on how I wanted to value the brand. The hoodie was printed with water based inks, custom hem tag on bottom left, on Independent Trading Co. (same hoodies Diamond and Obey print on), which are top notch quality. Anything priced lower I would feel would be devaluing the product.

Agreed, I priced my stuff at what its value is but I honestly don't expect it to sell right off that bat at full price. I always have the promo code in my signature available and others floating around the internet for people who are into the product to pick it up at a more reasonable cost.

Atlas & Mason "A Gentlemen's Brand" www.atlasandmason.com Use code: AxM15 for 15% off at checkout.

June 21, 2012 @ 07:35 AM
Jake Ocean

www.distantlight.co

Agreed, I priced my stuff at what its value is but I honestly don't expect it to sell right off that bat at full price. I always have the promo code in my signature available and others floating around the internet for people who are into the product to pick it up at a more reasonable cost.

Definitely. I have a couple discount codes floating around as well.
Thanks for the comments guys! The consistency between designs and overall brand aesthetic is the most important for me and usually what I look for when looking at other brands.

@jayoceansss I think $60 for a quality hoodie isn't bad at all, price = value. Whats shipping costs to Canada like? Might purchase that hoodie for myself.

$8! Super comfortable.

June 21, 2012 @ 02:11 PM
justinsos

I think Distant Light's P

www.distantlight.co

$8! Super comfortable.
r

www.distantlight.co

$8! Super comfortable.

Those prices are super fair. With shipping its the same as buying at any store for retail value. Everything looks great man!

We just released a few summer items. Personally looking back its pretty amateur but I had a lot of fun with it and got lots of great feedback.. But fall is going to be great line with a lot of small touches put in. We are also working on a denim style coat. Our snapbacks are almost in to for those who messaged about them.

Sink or Swim Brand / www.sinkorswimbrand.com / Spring 2014 this April

June 21, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
mbsmfgco

Here's an overview of some of the goods for now

MBS MFG. CO. / Choice of Champs / Designed in Jersey City, Manufactured in Los Angeles / www.mbsmfg.co

June 21, 2012 @ 02:28 PM
mbsmfgco

Oh and photo courtesy of Neuarmy

MBS MFG. CO. / Choice of Champs / Designed in Jersey City, Manufactured in Los Angeles / www.mbsmfg.co

June 21, 2012 @ 03:40 PM
mrdaleog

www.distantlight.co

Ahh I respect that then.
I know some people just come out with their first release with high prices, but at least you have valid reasoning for your price.

"Being happy is the goal, but greatness is my vision" || @MrDaleOG || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

June 21, 2012 @ 03:42 PM
mrdaleog

Here's an overview of some of the goods for now

Simplistic and clean.

June 21, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
mrdaleog

I think Distant Light's P

www.distantlight.co

$8! Super comfortable.
r

www.distantlight.co

$8! Super comfortable.

Those prices are super fair. With shipping its the same as buying at any store for retail value. Everything looks great man!

We just released a few summer items. Personally looking back its pretty amateur but I had a lot of fun with it and got lots of great feedback.. But fall is going to be great line with a lot of small touches put in. We are also working on a denim style coat. Our snapbacks are almost in to for those who messaged about them.

I respect what you guys are saying. I just personally have always been conscious about charging people too much. While could have priced my tees at 25-28, I priced it ad 20, and my crewnecks at 25 as opposed to the regular. I find that people appreciate it more, and they're more comfortable at buying more than one item at that time or come back again. And I didn't sacrifice quality, and I made enough profit to call it decent.

I know personally I'm more inclined to buy things at a lower price.....maybe that's the cheap side of me talking haha.

But as I said before, I respect your pricing upon hearing the reasoning for it. I know people just price their tees expensively just for the money, but don't have the quality to back it up.

Please login first to reply.