Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 19, 2012 @ 08:56 AM
Deceptijon

Im startin a brand but my logo has been recently has been used on a t shirt recently i saw on here I've planning and drawing this for a year .Is it still safe to use the logo or should I redo everything.
June 19, 2012 @ 12:05 PM
blaagh

I have a few shirts left in medium and large.
If you guys are interested, I've made a bigcartel and its available now online for $20 + $5 shipping.
Decayin.bigcartel.com

est. mcmxcii

June 19, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
JonnyRabbit

I found this print shop called heavy print in Brooklyn. They had a sign outside that said 12 shirts for 140. I'm pretty sure that meant I get a design give it to them and it'll cost 140$ to get 12 shirts done. Just curious if that's a good price and if anyone wants the address.

If you go with average rates of local shops (Setup: $25/color, Printing: $1.50/shirt, Shirt: $3), you get these rates.
12 tees @ 1 color - $79
12 tees @ 2 colors - $122
12 tees @ 3 colors - $165
12 tees @ 4 colors - $208
12 tees @ 5 colors - $249
12 tees @ 6 colors - $292
*These are examples and could vary depending on the shop

If you're allowed to do more than 3 colors for $140 I'd say go for it for promo purposes. But if you are a clothing line, $12/tee is still a shitty deal no matter how many colors you do. You should be looking into getting more shirts and spending around $5-7 each. If stores ever get interested in carrying your brand, they'll expect a small brand's wholesale price to be around $10.

Upstart brands should consider some things:
1. What is the profit margin of each product?
2. What's your estimated sales/month?
3. What are your expenses/month?
4. What can you do with the estimated sales?

PS - Try this site: http://www.threadbird.com/pricing/crew_neck_t-shirts

AnmlHse Philadelphia - Design Collective/Brand / http://anmlhse.com

June 19, 2012 @ 04:28 PM
Hellah Fresh

I found this print shop called heavy print in Brooklyn. They had a sign outside that said 12 shirts for 140. I'm pretty sure that meant I get a design give it to them and it'll cost 140$ to get 12 shirts done. Just curious if that's a good price and if anyone wants the address.

If you go with average rates of local shops (Setup: $25/color, Printing: $1.50/shirt, Shirt: $3), you get these rates.
12 tees @ 1 color - $79

If you're allowed to do more than 3 colors for $140 I'd say go for it for promo purposes. But if you are a clothing line, $12/tee is still a shitty deal no matter how many colors you do. You should be looking into getting more shirts and spending around $5-7 each. If stores ever get interested in carrying your brand, they'll expect a small brand's wholesale price to be around $10.

Good write up. Yeah its kinda hard to spend money to make some products and you don't even have a solid following yet. But then again you have facebook, twitter, instagram, local events and etc.. to get your name out.
June 19, 2012 @ 05:30 PM
JIMMAY

Lately I've been thinking of some possible names and designs for a brand. How do you make sure others can't steal your ideas? Copyright?

don't tell shady people. but honestly the chances of people stealing your idea are slim to none. A great idea is awesome but there aren't that many people with the means/drive to even worry about it. Worry about doing your thing and making good stuff.

Thanks for the advice!

Thing called Intellectual property has you covered to an extent.

Then you can Register and Trade Mark.

Oh ya I forgot about intellectual property. Thanks! What if you were to take a picture someone else took and put it on a shirt? How would you make sure they get credit? Do you just ask them if it's okay?
June 19, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
Dare.

12 tees @ 1 color - $79

Thanks alot for the advice.

?

June 19, 2012 @ 06:41 PM
garonshanks

Lately I've been thinking of some possible names and designs for a brand. How do you make sure others can't steal your ideas? Copyright?

don't tell shady people. but honestly the chances of people stealing your idea are slim to none. A great idea is awesome but there aren't that many people with the means/drive to even worry about it. Worry about doing your thing and making good stuff.

Just talk to them, it's always best to have some kind of agreement when it comes to things like this because you don't want to get sued later on down the line.

Thanks for the advice!

Oh ya I forgot about intellectual property. Thanks! What if you were to take a picture someone else took and put it on a shirt? How would you make sure they get credit? Do you just ask them if it's okay?

http://geoffscottintl.net | http://blog.geoffscottintl.net

June 19, 2012 @ 06:44 PM
cakestar

Lol jesus Kazbah's backend needs a lot of work. sold a few shirts but it didnt even shoot me an email to let me know so the orders have just been sitting there. The stupid "OUT OF STOCK" link that is right next to the order apparently cancels the order because it is out of stock but when you press it, does not have a confirm popup to ask like "are you sure you want to cancel this order because it is out of stock?" just goes ahead and cancels it and shoots an email to the customer. Fucken cancelled two of my orders.... lol they need a better coder doing the work. hahah id be happy to do it for 1/2 of whatever they paid their current one.

http://www.cakestar.com

June 19, 2012 @ 07:59 PM
Broken Bank Clo

I have great success with MySupaDupa if anyone wants to try making a store with them. I was lucky enough to setup with that just started and was offering free setup. But I love how they operate.

Resgister your domain name with GoDaddy which is fairly cheap. Can't remember exactly but like 7.99-14.99 for two years and have it automatically renew and then use MySupaDupa to redirect.

They send emails when you get a order, you can print out a packing slip and invoice once the order is complete.
I actually like it better then bigcartel.

you guys should check it out.

And unwould def. shop around. Don't always go with the first shop that contacts you. Looks at their work, ask about usual print time is and info like that. I have used atleast 4 different printers until I found my pot of gold printer that I use right now.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

June 19, 2012 @ 08:36 PM
Dare.

-snip-

Thanks but now the hard part is finding a place that can print 8 colors because I made the logo over detailed and there are like multiple shades of black and beige :/ .

?

June 19, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
Jake Ocean

-snip-

Thanks but now the hard part is finding a place that can print 8 colors because I made the logo over detailed and there are like multiple shades of black and beige :/ .

Minimize it. 8 colors for a logo tee?

http://www.distantlight.co

June 19, 2012 @ 09:38 PM
Dare.

-snip-

It's mostly different shades of colors. I do want it to be my brands main logo that people will know it for. As it's symbolic to what I want my brand to represent and it was pretty hard to put out with out over detailing it.

?

June 19, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
Broken Bank Clo

Halftone work could help with that.

Are you good with color separation. That'll also help with saving money on the print.

Broken Bank Clothing *** www.BrokenBankClothing.com *** @brokenbankclo

June 19, 2012 @ 10:22 PM
Dare.

Are you good with color separation. That'll also help with saving money on the print.

Have no experience with that.

?

June 20, 2012 @ 12:14 AM
FrankGoods

Just talk to them, it's always best to have some kind of agreement when it comes to things like this because you don't want to get sued later on down the line.

Thanks for the advice!

You contact the Artist or Seller to purchase the rights to sell.
Depending on who they are and condition of purchase, they may want royalties of sales or an "x" amount paid giving you the rights to use the art / image.

www.commongoodssupply.com

June 20, 2012 @ 12:19 AM
FrankGoods

You basically want every solid color on one layer in your design file.
Separate in Photoshop / export separated layers into illustrator.

8 cols is a lot for a logo tee.

A good logo should stand on its own in one color in my opinion.

Good luck.

www.commongoodssupply.com

June 20, 2012 @ 01:02 AM

Inactive

I'm not starting a brand, but I just made this so I can have it put on a tee. I'm pretty sure I'll end up tie dying the tee, that's why the entire graphic is black. Tell me what you think please. In case you're not a sports guy, it's a play off of the LA Dodgers logo.

http://gyazo.com/3c720d05a4fdd9e746284bc9164f6205

Feedback

June 20, 2012 @ 01:14 AM
JonnyRabbit

Halftone has a cool look, but sometimes you might not want to see tiny dots on your designs. An opacity technique is an alternate way so you are left with no tiny dots.

All you have to do is just make both layers the same Pantone color in Illustrator. Then change the opacity to 50% (or preferred opacity) for the second layer. This can work only for if you are working with the color's lightness/tint as opposed to two different shades and if you have a white underlay print.

AnmlHse Philadelphia - Design Collective/Brand / http://anmlhse.com

June 20, 2012 @ 02:24 AM
HighlyHonored

I have great success with MySupaDupa if anyone wants to try making a store with them. I was lucky enough to setup with that just started and was offering free setup. But I love how they operate.

Resgister your domain name with GoDaddy which is fairly cheap. Can't remember exactly but like 7.99-14.99 for two years and have it automatically renew and then use MySupaDupa to redirect.

They send emails when you get a order, you can print out a packing slip and invoice once the order is complete.
I actually like it better then bigcartel.

you guys should check it out.

And unwould def. shop around. Don't always go with the first shop that contacts you. Looks at their work, ask about usual print time is and info like that. I have used atleast 4 different printers until I found my pot of gold printer that I use right now.

Yo, can you redirect the URL with the free plan? SupaDupa plans says I need the 20$/month plan for a custom URL, or is there another way to redirect

IG: HighlyHonored - Highlyhonored.com

June 20, 2012 @ 02:54 AM
chads

-snip-

It's mostly different shades of colors. I do want it to be my brands main logo that people will know it for. As it's symbolic to what I want my brand to represent and it was pretty hard to put out with out over detailing it.

With that many colors I would suggest DTG printing. I has such a soft touch and would work good with a really complex design.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 20, 2012 @ 04:03 AM
Jake Ocean

I'm not starting a brand, but I just made this so I can have it put on a tee. I'm pretty sure I'll end up tie dying the tee, that's why the entire graphic is black. Tell me what you think please. In case you're not a sports guy, it's a play off of the LA Dodgers logo.

Already been done

June 20, 2012 @ 04:08 AM

Inactive

Already been done

Damn. That's similar but not the same. I'll probably print mine anyways considering it's gonna be a 1 of 1.

Feedback

June 20, 2012 @ 11:46 AM
aaronstrdywngs

Feedback on our beanies? Will be up for sale on the site soon www.strdywngs.com

Rad produced not mass produced: www.strdywngs.com | strdywngs.tumblr.com

June 20, 2012 @ 04:38 PM
oldmajor

New release coming July 1st

Swornsailor.com instagram @swornsailor

June 20, 2012 @ 05:02 PM
Dare.

I managed to get the design to be 1 color. Thanks for all the suggestions and help regarding multiple colors, I'll use that later on when i really want to go back to the OG logo.

?

June 20, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
thrillmatic

Real quick:

Any graphic designers on HB that are located in Los Angeles, Chicago or New York City? Myself and a high school friend at Northwestern (I used to go to U of Chicago) are working on a really unique line of shirts and bottoms, all Afrocentric in terms of influence. Hit me up if you're interested, we're working on getting the captial together in order to get our vision off the ground, and we're also looking for people to help with art direction.

"Rap in 2012 is basically just a mad dash for people of EVERY human subset to be represented by a rapper." - damnwitless1

June 20, 2012 @ 05:48 PM
mbsmfgco

I'm in the early stages of piecing together a line and I put up the last of my Ebbet's Field Caps for sale on my shop site. There's a bunch more planned in the near future just thought I'd share with you all.

http://mbs.bigcartel.com/

MBS MFG. CO. / Choice of Champs / Designed in Jersey City, Manufactured in Los Angeles / www.mbsmfg.co

June 20, 2012 @ 05:52 PM
JStorm803

Hey guys this is just a quick concept of my Visionary Clothing line, this is one of the two tees I plan to release for the summer give me some feedback.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

June 20, 2012 @ 06:00 PM
mrdaleog

URBN. by Live Love URBAN || Do what you love, love what you do || www.LiveLoveURBAN.com

June 20, 2012 @ 06:22 PM
Jake Ocean

Just letting you guys know I will be dropping my brand Distant Light on June 20th. It's been 10 months in the making and I'm pretty proud of it.

If you would like to support the brand, you can check us out on:
Facebook
Tumblr
Instagram: @distantlight

http://distantlight.co/

Few snaps from the lookbook..

Just letting you guys know that my brand is dropping tonight at 8:00 pm pacific standard time. I'll be throwing in a free shirt for the first online order.

Please login first to reply.